"They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves

"They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves
to me.
Like clay I shall mould them and in the furnace of war
I shall forge them.
They shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
In great armour I shall clad them and with the mightiest weapons shall they be armed.
They will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight them.
They shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best them in battle.
They are my bulwark against the Terror.
They are the Defenders of Humanity.
They are my Space Marines
...and they shall know no fear."

Did the Emperor really say that? If so how the fuck can you say something like that and NOT expect to be looked at as a God?!

So every great orator aims to be viewed as a god?

If anything, Guilliman should be the one getting spanked for the whole "god" thing. He derided Lorgar yet he himself threw around words like "gods" and "heresy".

Being a great orator is well and good. Even expected from a great ruler. But stuff like
>Like clay *I* shall mould them
>In great armour *I* shall clad them
>They are *my* bulwark

He really makes them sound like his angels

Well He created the empire, and HE made the space marines, and HE extorted the Mechanicus into creating the armor specs,

Again, nothing in that particular speech makes explicit mention of divinity. It's a very grandiose speech, but grandiosity and divinity CAN be separate.

>"They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me.
What about the Custodes? Why is he shitting on them? I though they were better, albeit more expensive than marines.

Why did the Emperor only scold Logar after years and years of him building up his cult?

Because he wanted to be worshiped as a God but was passive-aggressive about it.

He wasn't talking about the Custodes. This entire speech, this speech right here, is just the Emperor saying "I will make space marines and they'll be badass"

>Forces an entire Legion to kneel with just one psychic command
>I'm not a god bro honest

The emperor is so above humanity, he doesn't understand how the normal person would perceive him as a god. It's like asking us to understand the thought process of an ant.

I don't think he was eager to impose a censure on one of his sons.

This only showed that he was an extraordinarily strong psyker.

>yfw Emps was just tsundere about Godhood.

>Inb4 forgeworld failing at sculpting him.

They should really hire like 3 people to do it, and choose only the best version, not like fulgrim.

>Did the Emperor really say that? If so how the fuck can you say something like that and NOT expect to be looked at as a God?!

By him directly stating that he was not a god.
Even if you suspected that he might be a god after he told you he wasn't, who are you to gainsay a god?

Pretty sure old Emps voiced his displeasure a few times before Colchis Incident

Where are the best places to read about emps?

Realm of Chaos.

Realms of Chaos: Lost and the Damned

Well, the way I look at it he said something along those lines, then 10,000 years past and it all got changed around

It really doesn't help that he was like ten foot tall, wore golden armor, and fucking glowed with a divine light at all times.

The actual quote
>Imma make some kickass super soldiers all Captain America style and they're gonna have all the best shit Mars can make and they're not gonna be afraid of jackshit. You down?

That was a thing of the moment. You've just made legions of unstopable superhumans, and armed them with best gear. You would probably want to make their presentation epic as fuck.