pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF
mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing

>new mega
mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/scion-2e-with-a-name-like-troll-preserves-its-gotta-be-good-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Have you ever played in a genre that wasn't historical or modern, like cyberpunk or dark fantasy?

Other urls found in this thread:

pyrron.com/?p=33
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Have you ever played in a genre that wasn't historical or modern, like cyberpunk or dark fantasy?
Yes. Played some dark fantasy, high fantasy and space opera. Not all splats convert well.

Yes, I played Mage: The Ascension where the Empire was using some magical beasts to control and make people slaves in some pretty fucked up way.

Also, someone has the Tales of Dark Eras? I'm looking for it everywhere and can't finde it. I know it's cheap but I really can't buy it for now because I don't have a credit card.

Anybody have experience playing belials brood? Me and the other gangrel are broodies now, nobody else really knows this except for a select few and they don't seem to give a shit. It's a larp. Any fun ideas or ways I can progress my character? I want to follow the beast in a way that won't get me killed too quickly

What should every hunter group have repped in their players

read the book
> I want to follow the beast in a way that won't get me killed too quickly
any group except the mass murdering terrorists would do
there's like 5 other factions

I've read the book, any other insight? I'm a fairly new player i still have my original vampire, she just got to blood potency 2 after six months

Does anyone have the newly release "final" Mage PDF from Drivethru that has the index and incorporates all the errata?

Situation: you use non-Mage astral projection (ie. you project an image of yourself onto another place, possibly with a silver cord) using powers / second sight merits.

Nowit says nothing, not even magic can affect tis image as it's just that, an image. You can affect the silver cord if they have one but otherwise nada.

Can YOU still use non-physical powers like mind reading on people nearby your astral self?

Can mage create stone, that he cannot lift?

Probably.

Trough other means other than magic he could create a stone that cannot be lifted by spells, so yes.

What mage?

Could branch of the US paranormal divisions distinct from VASCU and Valkyrie manages a wharehouse full of Relics a la Indiana Jones? Would Aegis kai Doru be super pissed at them?

>wharehouse full of Relics

Enjoy your weekly assrape from a pissed off S10 Mummy

AKD seems to be doing just fine. Aren't mummies rare and supposed to sleep when not called by their cult or during a Sothic turn?

there's not neough mummies to get rid of the akd

Did the final version of mage change anything other than those listed in the errata doc? I'd skim it but at work.

Is there a rule for when you should roll for a wisdom degeneration e.g. immediately after an act of hubris or at the end of the scene? I'd prefer to keep a tally and have my PCs roll at the end of the scene.

Do you give free xp in the start of your chronicle? If so, how much?

If I'm GM'ing a non-mortal game I give my players an extra 10 points to spend on mortal merits only.

Okay kiddos, I'm a human with 2 dots in Str/Dex and 1 dot in Weaponry. How do I gitgud at combat?

1e

Found this pic while browsing deviantart, and it made me think. Is it possible for some fetishist to consider nosferatu attractive? If so, how would you handle their 0 at appearance in his case?

>Have you ever played in a genre that wasn't historical or modern, like cyberpunk or dark fantasy?
I've wanted to make homebrews of both, but I'm lazy and hate STing.

I've had the idea of doing a Woundgate setting, though not using Woundgate itself because I don't like some aspects of it. The players would all end up in a world made up of the 'scraps' left behind whenever major changes happen. So stuff like The Sundering and the Fall of Atlantis. The world would mostly be fantasy, but with magitech and shit like that. All the different realities--Shadow, Hedge, Underworld, Astral--would be all together, verged on top of each other in a patchwork fashion, so you could walk from one place to another if you were brave or desperate or crazy enough. The players would be mundanes who end up waking up in this fantasy setting and trying to figure out what the hell is going on and how they got here.

I've also wanted to do a WoD version of Shadowrun, because Shadowrun is garbage. Not even really set in the WoD, either, just using the mechanics and maybe stuff like Twilight. I really love the concept of Shadowrun, but man I hate the mechanics and there are so many really dumb aspects of the setting.

Demon STG has a cyberpunk setting, but I'm not too hot on that one either, since it's all "God-Machine lockdown". Might be interesting to play in, but not great for more than one campaign. It does have implants for Stigmatics, though.

>whatthefuckeven.jpg
It's a "legally distinct from but clearly inspired by Twilight" vampire themed fleshlight, I *think* it might be related to the twink filled Twilight parody. But don't quote me on that.

The one that's released tomorrow? No, no Acanthi here.

>other genres

Yes, actually. We played a long-term Masquerade game where we played through the 'mythic age' as our own Antediluvians with some neat mechanics, including founding our own clans. In the end, we played in a Shadowrun-esque 'flash forward' period where we played a normal character of a clan some other player founded.

They clearly mean Relic as in "artifact with special powers", not Relic as in "the magical trinkets Mummies like"

I give my players 10xp and 10 merits. The 2e stuff made three extra dots of merit for supers standard.

Use guns.

I have. You need to be subtle about it. Each Brood faction has their own goals and such, so make sure you read the fluff on your portion of the Hexad. What's your character's base concept?

Most of the Brood outside of The Pandaemonium aren't the moron Sabbat-esque BURN IT TO THE GROUND AWOOOOOOOOO type stuff. Each of the Hexad has a goal, an outline and a methodology that they deal with the Beast (which is why the Investments are divided by the 'type' of weirdness and anti-humanity that the Beast embodies).

I think it's recommended to do it at the end of the scene, since you'd normally roll for 'worst act' in a scene, not each individual act.

People find animals and animal-people attractive. People would find Nos attractive.

Veeky Forums how do I teach a Obrimos the death Arcana as a Moros? Just show them some shadow manipluation, talk some bullshit and maybe show them a ghost so they can inspect it?

>The one that's released tomorrow? No, no Acanthi here.

Ah, but that's where you are wrong! Behold my witchery and tremble! Tremble!

In all seriousness, I got my copy of the final version today. Just got the e-mail alert, haven't downloaded it or anything yet.

don't get in a fight.

Ah, right, I suppose backers would get it early.

Kill them.
But also, yes, that. Have them use Focused Mage Sight on the things you create. Have them experience first hand what your spells do. Things like that.

This is why Appearance as a stat is bad (especially since you're forced to at least have it at 3 or take social penalties), and also why the way Nos work in VtR is better. At least there it's a mystical aura instead of simple ugliness. I mean, people think Pugs are cute, and those are gross little mushy faced drooling things.

Well, if by backing you mean "bought it on day 1"' then sure. Man, I miss having money.

The Lying Mind in VTR can be used on other vampires, right?

Who here has run/played a mage the awakening game?
What were the bad guys?

Fighting styles or $$$

>Who here has run/played a mage the awakening game?
Several.
>What were the bad guys?
First campaign: Initially there weren't any, it was weirdness-of-the-week, but the cabal eventually had to leave their homes once they caught Seer attention.
Second campaign: Personal rivals; each Mage had an enemy or enemies with some individual score, rather than a factional bias. One Mage had fucked up and made an enemy of werewolves; another wanted to kill their mentor; etc.
Third campaign: Verrry ambiguous; we didn't get far enough to figure out what we were really up against, but it was enough that a local Seer was willing to cooperate.

The sleepers are the real enemy. Always.

Alright, quick question. Playing geist. Met an npc with no number over their head, whats it mean?

Creative thaumaturgy question.

I want to cast a spell that lets me know where all the security devices are in a building. Would the spell require mana? I'm technically casing an entire building (wits+larceny) and auto-succeeding all the checks for security devices/alarms.

Cheater, roll Occult and if you don't know then tough tits.

>First campaign: Initially there weren't any, it was weirdness-of-the-week,
with no monsters or baddies?
>once they caught Seer attention.
what about them?

You'se just saying that cause you'se don't know either.

not gonna die/already dead/invisible number

>with no monsters or baddies?
There were monsters, or at least creatures that were causing problems, but I guess I don't think of those as "bad guys."

The closest we really got was snooping through a dead serial killer's house; he was crazy enough that there were enough traps left lying around to fuck us up if we weren't careful.

>what about them?
If I remember right we'd caught their attention mostly due to the prior weirdness-of-the-week stuff; we were on their radar and very vulnerable (the local Consilium was like 3 people other than us, so they couldn't babysit 5 Mages) so we fled before they could go for the throat.

All we really knew was that they were after us, probably to try for an easy mass recruitment.

>There were monsters
anything memorable?

me on the left

There was a rock spider spirit-thing that gave us trouble mostly because it was just fucking stupid-lucky. The weedy Thyrsus ended up having to punch it to death very slowly because nobody else could seem to do shit.

Some kind of weird horror that was fucking around with crystals messing with the weather, I think.

The serial killer's house was probably the most memorable weirdness just because it was so... faceless. Like dealing with the echo of a person.

already dead doesn't work, our vamp has a number. The abmortal, who won't die, has a number. This npc has no number

There is a very real chance that I'll be playing in a V20 game in the bear future, and the ST gave me his blessing to play a Malk.

I want to obviously avoid fishmalk at all costs, but at the same time I don't want to make an edgy brooder.

I want to do this right. I want him to be scary without being wacky or hyper edgy (vtm is edgy by nature, I know).

How do I go about this? I've been looking up various mental illnesses, and I have some ideas. However, I want some more outside thoughts.

Source? Looks freaky.

supernatural, they're levaithan

Look at real mental illness. Figure out the things that cause triggers of bouts of his debilitating illness. Play it for scary and at dramatic moments, not 'I do haruspexy with teddy bear innards' type shit.

Appropriate moments of actual madness is good. RANDOM CRAZEBALL STUFF is not.

I've been wondering about this too. Starting a game soon and getting ready but I have nothing to work off of but DaveB's Actual Plays.
pyrron.com/?p=33

Number over the head isn't Geist, that's Death Note and/or the music video to that Nickelback song that was used for every season finale trailer back in the day.

I ran a game for a couple of months
It started with the cabal meeting as a cabal for the first time(it was implied they'd met each other a small handful of times before, and their Mentors put them together), but being largely unaware of the rest of the Consilium.

And then someone found a dead body in the bathroom of the cafe they were in, and they chased down the robot who killed the guy and killed it.(It was going to be a Promethean, but we were playing 2e and I didn't have 2e Promethean rules yet, so it was actually just a Horror.)
Then they all starting delving into their own Obsessions, meanwhile a Gulmoth slaughtered a restaurant full of people in the guise of a werewolf attack(one of the players heard it howling, just before the attack, while doing a follow-up on something robot related)
A few sessions later, they tracked it down and fought it in a different restaurant, destroying the place in the process(the Acanthus fixed things up before they left, and his Mentor was maintaining a spell outside to keep the place looking like it did the moment before the fighting started, so nobody would be the wiser).
Then I jumped to a few days later, when they had a couple of days until they were meant to be introduced to the rest of the Consilium, and what was going to be a single scene of the Acanthus checking out a potential Sanctum for the group turned into a 3-session-long investigation into another group of Mages who they caught a brief glimpse of.

The plan was to have Gulmoth become a recurring antagonistic force, but the last session ended with them finding an Avernian Gateway inside the potential Sanctum(after finding a Shadowed Door in another room). We stopped because one of the players had some real life issues(His mom was in the hospital, and ended up dying :().

It was a fun game while it lasted, though.

What was the gulmoth about?

Condolences for the death.

It was just a Rank 1 Gulmoth imitating various bits of Werewolf lore that don't apply to the Uratha(attacked on the 3 nights of the full moon, turned into something vaguely resembling Dalu form, except less hairy, and ate most of its victims).

Pic related is more or less how I described it, since its what gave me the idea
It's the image for a Ghoul from The Void/Chthonian Stars

Sin-Eaters can see how long until people die, though, so that's a common way of having that power manifest.

Neat. Would it need more Rank to be a recurring threat?

Probably. They took it out in ~2 rounds of combat.
(Obrimos used Aetheric Winds, which she had an Occult rote for, to smack it for a hefty 5 damage[this is what destroyed the restaurant, because she decided to go for Heavy Winds as well, and I basically just had it fly through the walls a couple of times since the Acanthus's Mentor had a Ban around the outside of the place to keep everything in], Moros shot it with his gun and near-killed it, but I spent all its essence to heal it back to full, Acanthus grabbed it and held it down, they used the bane I gave them[a fistful of wolfsbane in its mouth], then pumped it full of lead.)
This one was built up to be a big deal, entirely so I could see how much damage they could do in one turn if they thought they needed to, in order to properly build later antagonists that could survive more than a single round.

I'd say Rank 2 for a significant threat.

>Join a Mage 2E game
>Never even touched WoD
>Told to make normal people as we will be awakening and starting from absolute scratch
>Make a handyman/gardener
>Told to choose 3 schools which we will use
>Life, Matter, Prime cause I haev other combat stuff
>3 people are small time criminals
>The other one is a PI who used to be a criminal
>My face

>This one was built up to be a big deal, entirely so I could see how much damage they could do in one turn if they thought they needed to, in order to properly build later antagonists that could survive more than a single round.
Nice thinking there.

You'll be useful. They'll build around THE COMBAT scores. You will have actual useful stuff that can supplement your magic and make things easier on yourself.

So does anyone have any stories from promethean games?

Yup

>Life, Matter, Prime
You'll have utility on lockdown, and as pointed out, the rest are probably going to be overly focused on combat, so you might just end up stealing the spotlight.

"Normal" doesn't mean "boring", it means nonmagical. No reason Juan the Gardner can't Awaken, but most people are going to be playing characters with the backstory of Batman villains.

I guess. I mean, I took combat skills. They seemed relieved when I told them that. How could criminals not know how to fight?

They asked me why I took First Aid knowing we'd have magic.

>"Can't go to the hospital every time I drive a nail through my fingers."
>"Oh, okay."
>Everyone else taking things like occult and knowledge skills
>Trying to justify why they would have some magic feat
>A few languages, a house with an attached nursery, a true friend in the form of a trust fund kid
>Am sure I am the only who built an ACTUAL normal-ass human being

Is this.. Is this how people way WoD?

So what arcana and practice to enchant something to go supersonic? Lets say Im an archer and want my arrow to go far and crate a sonic boom

The first couple of times I ran it everyone played combat monsters, and we were just playing a superheroes campaign basically.

Eventually we got better, but shit man.

Can you use shadow name merit as yantra for artifact based spells?

Forces.

I was thinking about maybe going with someone who did a lot of helping and caring for people. Maybe he was a nurse or doctor and did a lot of volunteer work, soup kitchens and clinics ect. Then he gets turned by a Malk and gets slammed with ASPD. He knows he should care about people, but he simply doesn't. In fact as much as he wants to pretend it's not true, he takes pleasure in hurting people. He likes to play with his food, so to speak.

My biggest concern is that I would quickly lose Humanity and spiral out of control.

My other idea is the same guy thinks everyone is in a dream, and that he is in a coma. He believes the voices he hears are people around him talking in the real world, and the things he sees out of the corner of his eye are standing over him. I'm still working it out, but I picture that one like Agent Smith where he feels trapped and maybe killing people wakes them up because you can't die in a dream or something.

>Is this.. Is this how people way WoD?
Sometimes.
I try to make reasonable (not necessarily normal) characters. I never go above 3 in anything, and tend to spread out and take things that will be interesting, not necessarily focused.

Forces. Though I'm sure you could do something similar with folded Space. Also, you do know that bullets are already supersonic, right? Sounds like what you really want is a cartoonish burst of force, not an actual sonic boom, which isn't always like with jet planes. That'd be Forces, though, again, you could probably distort Space as well. You'd need Prime to enchant something, though, but I'm not actually sure how, mechanically, you'd get, say, an arrow that flies through the air and sends out shockwaves as it passes.

If you're invoking that Shadowname, sure. Hephaestus and Quartermaster would be able to use their Shadowname as a Personal Yantra for creating an Artifact. Herakles and Bond would not.

>Is this.. Is this how people way WoD?
Is this online?
Are they strangers or friends?

You should know the answer to this, user.

Don't think of it as how most people play WoD, then. They're just hedging their bets, and probably don't think the game is actually going to make it long enough to warrant serious thought into making characters.

What exactly is the difference between imbued item and an artifact?

A mage can Make an Imbued item. They can't make an artifact.

Artifacts come from the Supernal, imbued items are man-made.

Which is why it is a bad term: Artifacts aren't artificial.

They're called Artifacts because that word has connotations of some ancient [and within fiction possibly powerful] relic from a bygone era.

It would've been better if the names for Relic and Artifact switched places though.

Relic fits better for mummy.

Artifact has entered pop culture as a magical mystical thing. It's what magical dangerous McGuffin superweapons are in fantasy settings.

Relic is already used too often, but the connotation fits Mummy more.

does anyone here know of d10s that are sold with 8-9-0 highlighted that were made in the past decade? i have an old pouch of changeling ones from forever ago which are great but i definitely could use more

You should be able to get them from Amazon, that's how I got mine.

I got them in about 2008 and I still have maybe 7 of them!

the only ones i see show up are indeed the ones from like 2007, which is about when i got mine so yeah

to clarify: they're expensive now, like the cheapest is 90 bucks. does anyone make ones like that nowadays

What are good ways to gain mana for a fresh mage character. I'm worried I'll use up all of mine in the first couple sessions.

Be careful. Scour when you feel you'll have a day or two of rest. Find a Hallow that no one will fight you over. Kill a cat.

Until you can reliably get 3+ successes on Praxes, (or 5+ on Rotes...), Scouring is your friend.

Spend a few merit dots on a Hallow, that's a sustainable source every day which shouldn't cause any problems.

Engage in some light pattern scouring. Perhaps take your Strength one point higher than you'd normally need, then scour it back down every day.

Alternatively, make your Praxis something you'll cast reguarly, and with exceptional proficiency. Something like Perfect Recall, Reading the Outermost Eddies, Coaxing the Spirits, Divination, or Momentary Flux which you'll use over and over again. Then hope for the best.

I'd get Gnosis 2, and join a Legacy ASAP if you don't have a Hallow.

>pissed off S10 Mummy
Where's my fucking coffee maker?

Feedback?

How do I romance a cute Giovanni?

Your ideas are meh, ASPD will seem indistinguishable from being an asshole, and as you mentioned, it will be quite destructive to your humanity, and the "we're all dreaming, I'm just aware of it" is pretty silly.

I'd just go for a more bog-standard mental disorder. You know, like one of the ones in the book.
Then think of a way to portray it.

Whats the rules on inventing your own legacy but not something your pc created?

Gifts of blood and money.
Or if they just don't trust you, favors.

Goes through that on pg 198.
But long story short.
Come up with a backstory, philosophical bent, and parent Path (and perhaps Order).
Next, tie that in to a Primary Arcanum, and a Secondary Arcanum (drawn from the parent Path).

Then, create the pre-requisites, which are 2-dots in the Primary Arcanum, and probably 2+ dots in one skill, and a few in another relvant one (probably from a variety). Come up with an organisation hierarchy (even if it's an informal gathering of "equals").

Come up with some Yantras. Ones involving about a scene's worth of time, or negative consequences (conditions) are +2, ones that are quite simple are +1. Tie these in to your legacy theme (e.g. a legacy about cementing the timeline would perhaps research relevant history to his spell for a +2, or a legacy about altering your state of mind to reach syncronisity with Spirits might invovle taking hallucinogenics and a condition for +2).

Then come up with some mundane actions which have symbolic or practical use to your concept as Oblations. So a "Lucky Gunslinger" might maintain his guns even when they're clean, or play cards with friends to hone his luck, and that Keeper of the Timeline might reset his clocks, or investigate evidence of temporal disruption.

Then come up with some Attainments for the "orthodox" ones. Which is probably the hardest part, with obscure rules. Especially when so many suitable spells have their primary spell factor around the wrong way so they're practically worthless (bar +1 to their attainment rank), and the creative thaumatergy rules say you can't just cast a creative version with them switched around.