Level 1 Character Art Thread Continuation

Continued from >> Looking for newbie adventurers and adventurer parties
>>You know the type, secondhand leather armor, maybe a dented breastplate at the most, simple weapons, a look of wonder at best or helpless confusion at worst

Why do level 1 adventurers have to be dirt-poor, anyway? Nothing breaks spectacularly if you give the players like, 1,500 GP to play around with, so they can have some MW leathers and shit.

I mean, unless you let them pool their cash and pile some magic shit on the beefstick like they're playing the ToEE or something.

Of course, the Wizard might be like this girl, and spend 1,400 of her 1,500 GP on level 1 spells, and barely have enough left over for clothes.

Well, this one looks appropriately impoverished, anyway.

> High Heels
> No Armor
> Sword
Tome of Battle character detected.

Looking for art of an obviously low-level female Elf magic user. Green hair preferred, though I'm not holding out too much hope.

Have better art.

that sword looks highly magical though

Nah, she's just spent like, every last GP on a short sword made from one of the special materials from Frostburn. That, or she's a Soulknife or sommat.

Literally about three of the first four in this thread meet that description.

But try this one.

TFW you're so poor you don't even have any MW shit, and you find a ruby the size of a teenager's fist in a location only you could possibly reach.
To tell the party, or not to tell the party.

>Why do level 1 adventurers have to be dirt-poor, anyway?
Humble beginnings make for more enjoyable adventures, in my eyes.

Unless, of course, you're playing fantasy Rogue Trader

Here we go, hide armor. Nobody wears hide armor by preference, only by virtue of having nothing better.

Also the reason that games where the PC starts as what is ostensibly an elite agent of an elite fighting force make no goddamn sense. Like seriously, the very best that the can give to their elite agents is random schlock that can be replaced with one good loot roll? You're not much of a fucking elite fighting force then, are you?

Meh, humble beginnings just means that either the DM is an asshole, or he has to work extra, super-hard to ensure that your characters actually survive to the point where he can throw some shit at you that you can survive whilst getting unlucky a few times.

I mean, really. Some people might like randomly rolling generic characters and throwing them into the meatgrinder of levels 1-3 where one critical hit can kill you, just to see what makes it through alive, and then turn Generic Rogue #431 into a character. Me, I'd rather make and play a character *I* wanted to play, and there's only so many times you can play the "Identical Twin with identical stats and levels shows up" card.

Level 1 Drunken Irishman?

Here you go, a dirt-poor level 1 Fighter who spent all her GP on a suit of leather armor and a longsword.

Poor girl, doesn't even have the cash for a 2h weapon or a shield. She must have rolled low.

>tfw can't play a girl without feeling like a fucking dandy

can't wait till i slay this virgin insecurity

Even better, for the "Humble Beginnings" people:
Level 1 Elf Commoner. If you can earn 250 GP, you can rebuild as a Heroic Class. Good luck!

>Some people might like randomly rolling generic characters and throwing them into the meatgrinder of levels 1-3 where one critical hit can kill you, just to see what makes it through alive, and then turn Generic Rogue #431 into a character.
I sure as hell do, one of my favorite characters ever was a mook that came out of a level 0 Dungeon Crawl Classics module as a 9 foot tall cleric. Never would've been able to make that on my own.

Just fucking do it, yo. The worst it can be is an absolutely cringe-inducing trainwreck of stereotypes and awkwardness.

My advice? Do it via text with some peeps you don't know and can abandon without feeling particularly bad about.
Druid? Cleric? Spirit Shaman? My money's on Spirit Shaman. That's one gargantuan fucking peace pipe she has there.

And your DM just let you roam the world as a Large-size character everafter instead of, say, having terrified townsmen yell "An ogre! An ogre!" and kill you with arrows?
Because that's what meatgrinder DMs should do in the case the RNG gives the player a boon like that.

I fucking hate the meatgrinder. I do not "roll" a character, I MAKE a character, and I want to PLAY that character, not watch some random fucking kobold get lucky with a pickaxe and end them in one surprise blow.

Here, have a Drow with a rapier and a porcelean mask.

And a shrine maiden of some sort. Maybe she's that level 1 commoner's big sister.

Here, have a level 1 Orc. Or maybe Uruk-Hai. Either way, she is moderately amused and aroused by your antics, what do?

This is what happens when you ask the DM to have a psychoactive skin instead of clothing. Powers? No powers, it's just a skintight suit.

Even Drow Rogues had to start at level 1... Right?

Here, have a lamia. She may only have one character level, but she has a pile of racial boni and monster HD. Enjoy.

Silly Rogue. You cannot into TWF at first level, you simply won't be able to hit jack shit!

Quintessential low level party

Drow-Orc?

Lillends. One of the characters I loved to play most was a Lillend. Game flew apart because the DM was a jerk, though. He had a Paladin and a Chaotic Good Outsider in the game. We told him we wouldn't be able to tolerate any Evil characters. He said okay, and told the guy who was making a LE character that he'd have to switch up to LN.

In truth he lied, and just gave the guy an amulet that prevented his Alignment from being Detected. Then later the guy threw my Lillend one of his cast-off wands, and I Manifested Object Reading on it from my Gloves of Object Reading and found out he was LE. I passed the glubs and the wand to the Paladin, who also determined that the guy was LE.
So we purchased a Helm of Opposite Alignment, I jumped the guy and grabbed him in my Constrict, we disarmed his amulet of proof against alignment detection, the Paladin Detected Evil, and we forced him to Take One on his saving throw vs. HoAA by taking it off and putting it on him until he was no longer Detecting as Evil.

Which was shitty, and we knew it, but we were bound by class features and nature respectively not to adventure with an Evil character. It was either that, or kill him, and we liked that even less. We told the DM next time not to lie to our face and conspire behind our backs. The LE guy who was now CG wasn't soooo pissed about it, but the DM was hugely buttmad, and ruled that, in fact, the amulet prevented his alignment from rubbing off on his wand the whole time, so my Glubs read TN, and then WE got furious, and the DM vanished.

Sigh. I do miss me some Wingything Sneks.

Lvl 1 Pest Control

If that blacksmith and the chef could find their goddamn balls, they could clobber that thing while the stablehand is Grappling with him.

Heh, that might work! :P

Another level 1 Commoner, yessiree!

Anyway, 1st level Bard, anyone?

I wonder what the stats on a dranny would be... Powerful Build, of course, but what else? Probably an LA +1 or +2 race.

>Level 1 Character Art thread
>it's all scantily clad elves in WoW tiersets looking slutty

please leave

>Anyway, 1st level Bard, anyone?

Have some more chemo for this shitty thread

Hrm. Their clothes don't say "first level dirt poor adventurer," but nor do they say "dripping in magic items." So they could just be first level adventurers where the GM assumes that your GP and purchases of normal clothes go further than they do in Greyhawk.

Beginning an adventure? Ending one? Why not both?

And yet you posted the Viking equavilent of a girl in wealthy garb looking slutty.

He's wielding a kukri. How the hell did he get the Weapon Proficiency for that?

Every repost is repost-repost.

slowly going to make this thread good if it takes me all day

>Have some more chemo for this shitty thread
Loosen up.
People are allowed to like cheesecake.

Chad, desert druid!

If anyone has any starting character kobold art, I'd appreciate if you could post it.

Nepalese race from splat.

Your wish is my command!
No, not really, but I happen to have a few that fit the bill of lading here, so I'll dump 'em nontheless and get back to my slutty elves in WoW Tiersuits, whatever the fuck "Tiersuits" means. Been so long since I played Warcrack.

Hope these fit the bill, user.

>Viking equivalent of a girl in wealthy garb
>A ginger girl with modest clothing and long braids
>Comparatively

It's just you posting your bonerjams, user. Whatever gets you off, but at least don't pretend like it's something else. Meanwhile, I will continue to post art actually fit for a first level character that isn't bedecked in glowing magical equipment and gold lace.

Clever. Also: that's a helluva gun!

Here, have some horsemeat cheesecake. I've always wanted to play her...

you sound fun to play with

> He got lucky with his rolls, time to punish him

"I found a treasure map!"

"Where does it go?"

"I never said I could read it!"

"Then how do you know it's a treasure map?"

"There's a big X!"

Sopretty.
I don't even mind the shield being wrong.

not sure if level 1 adventurer or npc

There's nothing at all modest about that girl for a viking-era character - do you have ANY idea how expensive dyes to make clothes like that would be? That girl is the daughter and/or wife of a Jarl or a massively successful Viking.

Meanwhile, for ELVES, the gear on those girls I posted is nothing at all special except maybe that one's staff with the crystal in the top.

No, that's what the kind of DM who makes you go through the first-level meatgrinder would do. Because that's the kind who can't let his PCs start with nice things.
Meanwhile, I'm running a game for a friend where he started with a 50 point buy Gestalt, LA +2 waived, at sixth level.

Anyway, here, have a first-level commoner.

The armor is nice and mundane, the sword isn't shitting fire, the girl is reasonably proportioned and modestly dressed so I figured I'd post it even if it doesn't strike me as 'first level' due to her confident posture and expression.

More town guard than anything, but still pretty low level

Not gonna lie, been wanting to play either a giant or a centaur for a while.

"I'm all set for the adventure guys!"

Not fantasy but still fitting

>literally bedecked in jewelry, trim and lace made of gold
>nothing special

Yeah, maybe for a princess. Comparatively a nicely layered and dyed wool dress would cost maybe a tenth of that?

I literally posted this one last thread. :)

Depends. If this is Calradia, she's definitely an adventurer. D&D, could go either way. Exalted, NPC.

I'd still love to peel her out of that chainmail.

At first, you're like "Giant?"
Then you see that her skirt is made of shields, and she has an elk hanging from her belt.
And then you're all "... Yeah!"

Yeah, and? Courtier's Outfit is well within the capabilities of a first-level adventurer if they're the right class and roll a bit well. Or if she's from, you know, a society and setting where gold flows more freely even to relatively low-class persons, like an Arabian Nights setting where trade and industry flourish.

Point is she's not carrying a treasury's worth of magical items, please don't assume that ALL first-level adventurers must be dirt-farmer poor hardscrabble assholes from the Sword Coast or vicinity of Castle Greyhawk.

>on one hand: thicc and cute
>on the other there's nothing below the thigh

ITT
>half the posters think 1st level means destitute scrawny weaklings with no self-esteem
>other half think 1st level means anybody not obviously wielding phenomenal cosmic power

Barbarians are probably cheating, since they possibly change the least out of all classes

Actually dated a girl who was missing one leg below the knee once.
You can give them piggy back rides when they don't feel like putting on their legs.
It's actually pretty nice.

So, what would you say this is, Middlestance user?

>dude leather armour lmao

Well, the one on the right obviously had some changes done already...

As the guy suggesting slutty elves in WoW tiersets don't scream 'first level' I don't necessarily think someone has to be a scrawny weakling wearing rags, I've posted a few pictures like that ITT but I've also posted a lot of stuff that is more sensible and middle of the road. Pictures that actually look like they depict a person at the beginning of an adventure, rather than cheesecake sluts drawn for fanservice value.

And those pictures are even fine, just I don't agree with viewing them through the lens of 'gaudily bedecked princess in epic level equipment and ridiculous jewelry is a first level adventurer.'

Throwing you good art again.

Don't knock the leather

The problem is that you're making a lot of assumptions and value judgements about what kind of resources a first-level adventurer should have, that do not hold true in even all settings in the same game world's material plane, let alone in all D&D settings, LET ALONE in all games!

A "first-level" Dragon Blooded Exalt is going to have the kind of resources that a 15th-level hero in Greyhawk could only dream about. Hell, a first-level Samurai from Rokugan will have a lot more than a 1st-level ex-dirt-farmer-cum-Fighter from the Sword Coast, who in turn will have a pile more than a Neanderthal character in a Frostburn campaign.

>Pictures that actually look like they depict a person at the beginning of an adventure
Well, the guy you posted is definitely new to adventuring and/or archery...

I know, right? They even have blunt weapons- perfect for skeleton killing.