Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

What non-standard races do you use instead of the core ones?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest (ends next monday so check it out): docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1aGtlTfXGxXZGiQA0Ls3UOnVFgoE8NW1ll1ZuIHXwg_Y/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/19ujyBSD5vdAobQlyUYrFh5Ku6199-H9na_cRj_NHBag/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Page 5
RRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>wanting a furbait OP again
You're an enabler

Has anyone run Curse of the Crimson Throne? I would like to get an impression of it before I buy the new PF update for it.

>posting lizard in OP

I get it, so this is a scalies thread then?

Except it's OP still a wizard and threads.

This is still miles better than fetishbait thread.

Is that one of their APs from back in their 3.5 3pp material days?
'Cause those were the only decent APs they released.

>
>Look at monk with combat maneuvers.
>>"A monk may substitutedisarm,sunder, andtripcombat maneuversfor unarmed attacks as part of a flurry of blows."
>>web attack: blablabla rulestext. "A (monstername) may substitute any of its natural weapon attacks with this ability "
>Alternately.
>>web attack: blablabla rulestext. " this ability counts as a natural weapon for the purposes of being incorporated into part of a full attack action."
>Depending on what exactly you're trying to accomplish.

Yeah, actual ones, none of that half-assed weeb crap.

That guy looks one suit of armor and a plasma gun shy of being in XCOM 2.

whatever, as long as we're fetishposting then its all good

docs.google.com/document/d/1aGtlTfXGxXZGiQA0Ls3UOnVFgoE8NW1ll1ZuIHXwg_Y/edit?usp=sharing

I remember somebody wanted a vigilante archetype that was LIKE the zealot, but instead of grabbing inquisitor stuff, it nabbed Oracle stuff. Well, I homebrewed it.

I probably need a better name for it though. Sicarius was just the catchiest name that came to mind.

Snek is best XCOM operative.

Well this thread is off to a great start.

Gnolls are fun when I need a race of complete assholes who laugh at other people's misery.

We've had worse. Much worse.

I think gnolls make a great replacement for the "orc bandits attack you" and have a bit more unique flavor to them

>What non-standard races do you use instead of the core ones?
I'm currently running a homebrew silk road setting...

>Far North
-- The Arakh (homebrew), based on the Mongol Hordes, mostly human but hairier and burlier, right now just statted as half orcs
-- White elves (homebrew), arctic elves flavoured by Inuit culture, inspired by the Tiste Edur from Malazan, not sure how to stat yet
-- Motherfucking yeti

>Midlands
Variety of feudal Japanese and Romance of Three Kingdoms. The usual humans, elves, dwarves, etc.
-- Fetchlings/kayyal -- A military creation from spirit/shadow realm fuckery
-- Yes there are kitsune but they're rare and reclusive.

>The south
-- Wealthy drow empires in the swamps and rainforests. While they're still assholes they actually have a shaky relationship with the other humanoid clans
-- Vanara deep in the forests, very reclusive

>The far south
Englightenment Arabia type shit, noteworthy are Samsarans who pop up once in a while and are generally revered

While we're on the topic of people having done adventure paths, anyone started running Strange Aeons?
A friend keeps saying he's gonna run it and I'm kinda like "eh"

Asking again for advice on Ecclesitheurge Cleric/Sacred Fist Warpriest multiclassing.

It's a good one. Not sure what Paizo's charging for their super-special updated version, though, so I can't say whether it's a good deal.

$60, $31.50 for the PDF.

Thanks, I ended up with something similar myself. Ive now changed it to be closer to the monk's wording.
I wish when they made the move from 3.5 to Pathfinder they had normalized all the wording and had standard text I could lift for everything. I wish every game had wording as robust as MTG.

Grippli are literally the best race. Why would you play anything else?

I very much enjoy Fetchlings, Grippli, and Skinwalkers.

An user from a previous /pfg/ described the first book of the Wrath of the Righteous AP as being especially cringey. As someone who may be playing in that AP in the future, could anyone elaborate on what that user might have been talking about?

Kitsune of course.

Hey there, /pfg/

Can I get some more input and criticisms for my homebrew class? I'd gladly appreciate it.

Its an offense/support class based loosely on the Tactician and the Vitalist with a flavor of warlock.

His main draw is his ability to deal damage , debuff and deliver support buffs all in one turn.

docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit

I use the ones from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, with some modifications for PF use.

It takes place in not!Greece, so there's going to be Planetouched running around because of all the harems the god-kings kept.

Drow are still kill-on-sight if discovered. Dhampir might be tolerated.

All this great taste

>What non-standard races do you use instead of the core ones?

These are human offshoot races:

Gugir, which are what would occur if you made humans aquatic. large and blubbery like a manatee, grey skinned with many folds. Nearly no nose, and instead prehensile nostrils they can open and close. Large eyes with black irises, making them sun sensitive, and a second set of eyelids to close over them when underwater. No ears, just holes in the side of their head which are also closeable. On their arms are large fleshy flaps that are fairly rigid and used for movement in the water, and their feet are longer and flattened.

Shetou are taller and more lithe than humans, base humans describing them as "skeletal". Their originally developed and lived in caves. Their eyes are beady and also light sensitive. They have no lower jaw, instead a single massive tongue that hangs heavily downwards (making them prone to dehydration in hot climates). Their speaking patterns are warped due to an inability to use a lower jaw.

Daomu Zhe are the most common of the human offshoots. From birth they begin developing scar tissue on the top of their skin, which builds up over time. The top of which calcifies into numerous hard plates covering the body. They can't sit still for too long because the plates will begin to grow together, this will happen if a Daomu is bed ridden. They also shed hair, teeth, and nails constantly, and are normally nearly bald except for hair coming out of their oversized ears (one of the few things that don't scar as badly). They have roughly the same physique as humans but are often perceived as shorter due to having a hunched look because of their plating giving them a bulbous back.

Xingxing are the last one. Take a human, make it stout and pot bellied (essentially giving a human the shape of an orangutan). Give a set of long muscular arms, each with a second set of elbows allowing for better movement (these joints are all double jointed with free movement). Their faces are much more ape like than normal humans, with large lips and flattened nose. Xingxing are often employed as engineers due to the fact their arms can easily reach into holes normal humans could not reach at all.

Hobgoblins, goblins, gnolls, lizardfolk, fauns, githyanki, githzerai. Genasi and aasimar/tieflings see frequent usage too. Sometimes custom minotaur writeups and orc writeups as well.

Technically not a rules violation!

Of the core races, i often keep humans and elves, and thats it.

And for more weird stuff, im somewhat flexible.

Awakened animals and sapient golems have seen play, as have some intelligent undead, and outsiders, so long as they fit the setting (so no kitsune if I'm running a western Europe setting, and no valkyries in a silk road campaign) .

>No valkyries in a silk road campaign
>Not wanting to go on a journey to study Kung Fu and learn even more ways to kick the shit out of people

Missed opportunity, user.

You've never played Valkyrie Profile, have you?

>Gnolls are fun when I need a race of complete assholes who laugh at other people's misery.
Some of the best fun I've had with gnolls have actually been with the 5e version. They have an ability that allows them to move and make a bite after downing a target, but I used it to accentuate their cruelty and love of attacking a weakened foe by having them just use their attack to savage whatever they dropped to trigger the ability. Scared the shit out of my players, too, the first time one of them got dropped, then immediately took two failed death saves from the free bite. He survived, but they definitely approached those fights more cautiously from then on.

But yeah, gnolls have always been a favorite of mine, regardless of edition.

>Awakened animals and sapient golems have seen play, as have some intelligent undead, and outsiders, so long as they fit the setting

I've seen this anime before. And I loved every second of it.

I tried watching that, but it lost my attention in episode like... three or something when they spent like a million years going on about politics and some girl that was raised as a guy or something.

Anyone got any ideas for archetypes or subsystems I could homebrew? I've already done a spontaneous Warpriest, a Charisma-based Inquisitor, an initiating Slayer, and am working on an Oracle-Vigilante hybrid class that might get a few more goodies.

My Big Book of Brew is below.

docs.google.com/document/d/19ujyBSD5vdAobQlyUYrFh5Ku6199-H9na_cRj_NHBag/edit

Non-shitty gunslinger

I'll consider it. You might get an initiating Gunslinger archetype too.

Martial artist ranger archetype.
Ranger archetype that trades casting for full progression initiating.

A series of archetypes focused on making ability damage and restoration into a regularly accessible submeta.

Universally accessible eidolons.

Eidolon type build rules for familiars, improved familiars, and animal companions.

>fellow horizonbro

Muh nigga!

>Ranger archetype that trades casting for full progression initiating.
Already a thing.

>Universally accessible eidolons.
Kek. No.

>Eidolon type build rules for familiars, improved familiars, and animal companions.
mite b cool

Druid or Ranger that can wildshape at-will, using the wizard's familiar list instead of the usual wildshape list.

I just want to be able to shapeshift into woodland critters whenever I want instead of that crappy X/day option.

Im actually working on something similar to the third. Might take a note from Eidolons and build it around that, but less "conjured outsider" and more "unique horse"
Hrm. This is a neat idea. I'll probably make a variation of this archetype for Hunter, Ranger, and Druid.

I've seen this image a few times, and I'm looking for new stuff to watch. I'm also lazy, and prefer talking to people over searching for shit.

What's the premise? Is it any good?

Yeah, its pretty great. Good action scenes, a complicated lore and a decent worldbuilding and premise. Too much politics for some, too much absurdity for others. But still a fun ride.

Yeah, I lost interest in it.

It had all these fun characters with good action, then it all slowed down and got dramatic and slow and political and I just couldn't bring myself to give a damn.

Having read the first book in preparation, they do an OK enough job of making things spooky, with some of it actually playing on player meta-knowledge. Of course, it can also turn into narm really easily, but I think we all knew that going in to this. My group is actually making characters to fit the theme for the most part, so I'm kinda hyped to run once we get our schedules figured out. I've yet to see if book 2 shits the bed or not, though.

Archetype for the Cavalier that gives them an eidolon as a mount.

You know there's fox wife shit in Europe too, right? Not as big a deal but it's around.

goddamnit, eurokitsune post meant to go there. welp i'm shit at Veeky Forums time to go kill myself

Happens to the best of us, chum.

so someone was posting a hyper optimized fighter a few days ago, how did that fighter go? Like, how good was it?

>tfw MCArchetypes is dead and now I've lost that Cavalier-Oracle archetype I really wanted to play

moth

Something about this design really bugs me

Are male moths called faths?

Do we have Divine Anthology yet? Because I just bought it on a whim. Probably not going to post the whole thing (too much trouble), but if anyone interest, I can post a few pages.

quit posting your fetish

Can you post the Cleric archetype?

Sure. I haven't read through it yet though, hopefully this is the right one?

>To retain her spellcasting, the Cleric must perform her deific obedience every day

Depending on who they worship, this could be very complicated, very expensive, or VERY lewd.

Is there anything on Irori?

So apparently Starfinder is going to be closed beta only, to help reduce backlash and bad press from public testers.

It's very unlikely that's the reason, but quad 7's so it must be true.

Something that lucky can only be the truth.

A 2 second google search found the real answer, but it must be a lie.

But man
Lot of those obediences fucking suck
They are overly complicated and detailed

>They are overly complicated and detailed

That's why you pick the ones that are easy, like reciting a verse during your morning rituals, or fucking a party member while praising their rock hard abs or nice butt.

Maybe if Paizo didn't consistently ignore their playtesters, they wouldn't get bad press for their playtesting.

>Okay now uh, next scream "oh gods no please don't come inside"
>WAIT WHAT
>Come on, I NEED my spells today, hurry, I'm getting close!
>YOU ARE NOT GOING TO
>I'll cast abort on you I swear!
>I KNOW DAMN WELL YOUR GODDESS DISAPPROVES OF THAT!
>*AHEM*. NOT, AT THE DINNER TABLE, YOU TWO.

Spell and or spellbooks plz?

It's the same criticism 5e got. They never ignored their playtesters, they just didn't listen to the stupid ones.

>Gunslinger
>Kineticist
>Kineticist archetypes
>The everything-cut-out medium spirits

You sure they listened to anything BUT the stupid ones?

Yes.

Gunslinger is like a barbarian with a slightly higher hit-chance and significantly lower damage. The only complaint is that firearms aren't medieval enough.

So what was best content in horror adventures?

He got some bardic masterpiece

how about no? that's like 3-4 pages not counting some spell that is scatter around the book. I haven't even read through the freaking thing yet.

Dread Lord.

Can you post the divine weapon techniques?

The sidebar making alignment wholly irrelevant by RAW as well as sane GMing.

Is there any 1st level wizard spells?

>not enjoying alignment
It is half the fun of DnD and its derivatives

Nuts. I was hoping I could get an early look at it, see what kind of direction it's taking.

Oh well. Guess I'll just wait until next year.

Pic?

It must be very stressful having to perform Lamashtu's deific obedience.

Wait, if you get knocked up as a Lamashtu worshiper, are you "completing" the obedience every day, or do you have to do the alternative obedience?

How to build Thor that functions at levels 1-5? Emulating anyone is ez when you can pile on magic items, but I want a character that plays like the god of thunder on his own.

The various Old Ones you could worship were really neat.

Is 3pp allowed? Because Thor needs to be a Warlord with Primal Fury and Elemental Flux.

No, but the DM let's us to any optional rules that are in core, everybody has multiple background skills per level and multiple traits at creation and so on.

>GM wants to translate 3.5 game to PF using 1pp only and trying to be 100% faithful

Neither background skills nor traits are core.

Define "functions", because you can just be a cleric with weather and battle domains, and mix strength and wisdom ignoring charisma so you're not so MAD. Its not /good/ but it's probably as close as you can get.

Given it's Lamashtu, probably whatever the worst and/or most disgusting answer is.

Chances are you just keep getting more and more and more knocked up with little care as to what happens to you, but full protection given to the mutated monster freakshows housing themselves in your corrupt gestation pod.

I don't know what you mean when you say "core" and how it differs from when I say it, but it's always meant "the real game" to me, so anything published by paizo.

Why is uploading the whole PDF more trouble than screenshotting, cropping and saving individual bits and bobs then uploading them one at a time? If you've got it, you might as well upload it to mega or something.

I've tried making an Ecclesitheurge with a Monk dip as a replacement for Sacred Fist, but I don't see MCing the two being any good