Warhammer 40k General

Rad xeno sunglasses edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

previous thread: >

Yes,I agree that technology does not progress indefinitely,hell these concepts are meaningless when you start to dig into them so we'll leave it at that

Buy it is very clear that both of these parties have not hit that cap,since they are specialized in what they do in a certain measure.The fact that C'tan exist show that they haven't reached the cap since they are not on par with them.The fact that the Warp exists and hasn't been harnessed is another one,since they could manipulate reality to their whims
Hell,the fact that the Crons haven't made bodies for themselves make it very clear they haven't finished the 'race'

Is the Dark Vengeance good to start?

Isnt the space marine side extremely OP?

/r/-ing general discussion on the best way to kit out the units in this box and the value of buying. I want to get it to eventually build up an Allied Detachment for a GSC Detachment

M A S T E R R A C E

A

S

T

E

R

R

A

C

E

Chaos side has great models but the Lord is useless and the chosen are useless too

Space Marine side is better than the Chaos side, but it's not overpowered in the greater context of the rest of the game.

Depends. What faction are you interested in starting?

It's a good start if you like the armies. I've found the Dark Angels win most of the time simply because the Chaos side relies on melee and close range far more.

>tfw balance is so fucked that the Nids,the very beings the GCults worship,support them and not the other way around
Damn you Cuntace

So GSC are AOC with Guard. Obviously they want you to spin the fluff that the guard is under the control of the cult but the reverse sounds pretty fun.

/enemy faction/ invades and the cult pours out the woodwork to assist the planets defence.

>"We put way too much effort into getting this place ready for you guys to fuck it up for us!"

From the previous thread
>How would you make an ork paratrooper themed army with tons of air support?

As previously stated you can kit out the Hormagaunts with devourers instead of their scytals, but unless you're made of money I'd hold off on that until nids get an update.
Otherwise the /best/ possible way to kit the Carnifex is dual tl-devs, but if you hate yourself like me dual scytals, spine banks and adrenal glands works great too

I built all three of mine with scytals and heavy venom cannons. Come at me bro.

If you're wondering about the literally useless scytals, I just don't think the bigger bugs look right without them.

When is the next wave of Genestealer Cults up for sale / preorder?

Oh yeah? Well I built one of mine as old one eye with haruspex crushing claws

Fires of Cyraxus when?

That question was already answered. The answer: Kommandos and flyers.

Why does the Imperium still uses the Christian calendar, when the Emperor wanted to eliminate every trace of religion? Why doesn't the Imperium begin to count the years from the moment the Emperor united Terra or something?

argh why are nids only an ally of convience. YOU STUPID GENESTEALERS WE ARE THE SAME TEAM

> dem googles

Noice touch m8

What the fuck are 20 cultists and a dread going to do against a plasma cannon, a librarian, terminators, deathwing etc...?

Forge a narrative :^)

Because you fucking eat them all when you land, much to the horror of the Neophytes and Acolytes who probably didn't realise ascension meant being torn piecemeal by Ripper swarms.

And they didn't want you lot abusing psychic powers and transports, which you would have done.

The same reason Eldar and deldar are bb

What the fuck is a plasma cannon going to do against 20 cultists?

Psychic powers would be fine. Transports are eh but they could have easily said "only Codex GSC units can ride in here."

The real annoying shit is having to watch out for your Genestealers getting affected by Shadow in the Warp. Like fucking seriously.

How would you phase an infinite horde of respawing Tyranids?

I am thinking of getting rid of my chaos marines

Everyone always whines about some older version of the codex whenever I play them and they get only one new model every two years.

Has there been any word on recasters starting on GSC molds? Fuck 40 dollars for 5 acolytes.

They could've just done what they did in the fucking gsc codex and disallow nids to get in transports. The fact that sitw fucks with patriarchs because some asshole doesn't want useless melee units to be partially less useless is obnoxious.

Seems extremely unbalanced.

Just some chosen that are overhyped space marines against all that fucking plasma, fast attack bikes, fucking terminators etc....

Like what the fuck.

The chaos side should have had at least one more unit

> And they didn't want you lot abusing psychic powers and transports

fuck i just wanted to give my gaunts a sweet ride.

>Why does the Imperium still uses the Christian calendar
I don't think they do? The only source from GW on the Imperial Calender is fairly vague about dates, and mentions they themselves are potentially inaccurate because when everyone is using warp travel they can get fucked up a little.

Like, the imperial calender is /check number (0-9)/year fraction (001-000)/year (001-000)/millennium (M X). The check number is the veracity of the date as determined by it's relation to the Sol system at time of writing, the year fraction is how the administratum splits up a single year for record keeping (instead of days), and the year/millennium are self explanatory.

Get the 3rd edition rulebook. It's tucked right before the appendix at the back.

Nothing, but there's other units around.

I guess the box set is pretty balanced if the imperial player has your sense of target priority.

It isn't going to do much against the dread either.

....I actually want writefaggotry on this now.

Shoot the Choosen chumpass

Nigga, the plasma for the chosen and the dred.

The cultists get raped by anything.

Just saying it looks extremely unbalanced in the Dark Angel's side

Endless Swarm(s) Formations.
Throw a couple Trygons in there to make tunnels to give them another point up the board

The goddamn models aren't even out yet.

He's saying why are all the M1 and beyond dates based on AD and BC, which they are. The 40k calendar starts at 0 AD which is Christ-based. Even Star Wars and Gundam set their own timeline starting points, so his question about the Emperor rejecting religion yet not using year 0 UOT (Unification of Terra) is a good one that I never thought of.

pre order from wayland dude

its worth putting in the effort of magnetizing a carnifex so you can change builds.

DWO is. I was more asking if anyone expressed intentions on making new molds for them, not if they were magically out already

Oh It is. Its only saving grace is that you can convert the dank angels into chaos marines with a bit of work.

to make it fair the CSM should have had a pred or maybe some warp-talons, not that either are great

>Tfw favorite character has always been OOE
>Tfw i made a custom OOE out of the plastic fex kit, looks awesome, etc.
>Tfw he's dogshit and just gets worse in comparison to every new release

Will he EVER be usable?

Magnetising is its own reward. Even if you just magnetise what you want to use now and keep the rest for later you'll be leaving your options open. It's also piss easy and doesn't require too much of an investment to get started.

Same reason the scientific community hasn't started their own calendar and rejecting the Gregorian one. Or still celebrate Christmas, Easter, etc. Because only a massive autismo would throw everything religion based out the window purely because it got started by a religion.

You think anyone in M41 even knows what Christianity is?

Would be nice, but I'm stuck being amerifat. There any way to get around the "no shipping to your country" thing?

The emps basically was a massive autismo.

Yeah,they should've made a special version o AoC or BB where genestealers are treated equally,hybrids/humans are cannon fodder and whatever other exceptions make sense and I missed

convention.
if you're year zero is the same as the previous calanders year 0 it makes the paperwork a hell of a lot easier.

Its the same reason we use CE and BCE now instead of BC and AD but the year hasn't changed.

If GSC are anything to go by, the next nid release might be good
heres hoping for FNP and 3+ regen

Basically just like the gangers teaming up with the ultramarines to fight te tyranids on tarsis ultra

the simplest way would be to say they're BB and then add a special rule limiting power and transport sharing.

Yeah i hold out extreme hope. at least he'll probably be an opinion in some Carnifex themed formation.

OOE Would be passable for his points if they just restored his old 2+ save, gave him a flat FNP scrapped the stupid warlord trait, and an extra wound would be nice.

No, black library horus heresy emps was a massive autismo.

No one gives a fuck about what black library thinks.

Purely for flavor I like how the Patriarch, Primus, and Magus are one of a kind in the big detachment.

Explain what characteristics of autism he has

Or a single Special Rule to Purestrains / Patriarch

Hive Creature:
>A unit composed entirely of models with this special rule are battle brothers with Tyranids.

>But it doesn't stop the Patriarch from casting Telepathy / Biomancy powers on Tyranids.
Fuck GW, who cares about Enduranced or Invisible Tyranids.

My two cents

Maybe give him a special rule or warlord trait that when he's your warlord you get +1 to instinctive behaviour rolls? Since he was supposedly able to control a small horde of nids on his own.
Or just fucking scrap instinctive behaviour fuck.

The best thing to do is to scrap all characters besides Swarmlord, and restore customization(biomorphs) so you can make a miniOOE or something

Check their shipping policy, they can ship to the US.

>a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by great difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts.
The communicating and relationships parts mainly.

I was going to pick up the Space Wolf Start collecting with a Drop Pod and another box of Thunder Wolf Cavalry to ally with my Dark Angel's Ravenwing.

It seems to be a popular combination and then when I want to show my friends how to play I have two different armies.

The Start Collecting Space wolf formation seems like it would work with my Ravenwing well because it seems so quick. Any SW withing 12" of the Wolf Lord can Run instead of Shoot but still get to charge. That could even mean a turn 1 assault.

Also would the Grey Hunters from that formation get objective secured?
I was going to put ten of them in a drop pod with 2 Meltaguns and a Combi Melta.

Also for the Cavalry I think I will go 3/5 Stormshields 2/5 Wolf Claws and probably the Black Death for the Wolf Lord on a Thunderwolf.
Should the Lord get a Storm Shield too?
Is it alright to mix the weapons or do they all want Shields?

Where are my ork drop pods at?

>lived since almost the dawn of true man
>has God given quest he has to fufill
>everyone else has failed him so far
>made pacts with evil manifest
Yeah I really thought he'd be more trusting

Meteors

Does the neophyte rule page get leaked yet ?
Got only the Acolyte one

nah keep instinctive behavior. its flavourful and fitting. Not having synapse should be bad beyond just not having buffs.
Its down sides just need too be better reflected in points costs.

Ooo, cheers user, hadent seen this

Need serious answer from tournament gamers (I don't care how many time you beat Tyrone with your "awesome" vespid in your garage)

What is the real ranking of the GSC codex on paper ?

99% of the reason why orks don't have drop pods is due to the fact that no one is going to pay upwards of £40 for a plastic rock.

>made pacts with evil manifest
Fuck off with that shit.

>buy a six man squd all with hand flamers in a truck
>drive by flaming
Thats pretty Radical dude

>I want to casually pick up Super Friends.
You will be playing a Dual Deathstar army that can be played ~1500pts.
The army will be very rough for anyone not ready to stay in their deployment zone or field equal parts cheese.

Or give all Tyranid Special Characters the Red Terror treatment

>One Carnifex in your army may be upgraded to Old One Eye.

But all for customizable Biomorphs

Gauntgenus Brood
10-20 Gaunts
>Must take one small weapon
>Must take an Instinctual Behaviour
>May take up to two small Biomorphs
>May take any number of Genesplices

Instinctual Behaviour Table
>Lurk
>Hunt
>Feed
>Independent
>Synapse

Genesplice Table
>Wing Gene (becomes Jump)
>Ravener Gene (becomes Beast)
>Lictor Gene (Infiltrate, +S, +I)

Etc.
Ducking give me a Build-A-Bug. And if I want Synapse Gaunts let me! Clearly they were evolved for tunnel fighting where normal Synapse Creatutes were too large.

It's terribly executed, considering even in fluff melee units are left to their own devices and are only controlled if they're specifically needed for anything other than linebreaking

A model would be great tho, even if its either 6 cap or 20 or a d6 roll determining the fate of the orks inside a model pod would be awesome

>ork drop pods
>scatter 4d6
>no drop pod assault, so roll for deep strike reserves as normal
>all model the drop pod falls on take a S=X AP3 hit where X is the number of units in the drop pod. Move enemy models 1" away from the drop pod. Roll 1d6, models inside the drop pod take that many S=X AP3 hits.
>can assault immediately after disembarking
>25pts

Who'd buy it?

You know it used to be?
if you started outside of synapse you took a LD check, or legged it towards the nearest synapse creature

thats how you fucking do it, not this self-harm bullshit

to early to tell. we don't even have y5he full codex yet let alone people have actually played with it.

from what we've seen things look promising though.

>Super Friends.

But don't SW and DA not like eachother much?

Won't I have less models and no objective secured to even out the killy-ness.

The way I figured the list so far I am only at 1455. To fill it up all I can think to do is toss my attack bike.

MANz in Roks
The spiritual successor to Nobz in 'Nauts

On paper they look pretty good. though far from eldar teir, but its really too early to tell

They just do some ritual fight bullshit when working together, they still do it.

>any model may replace its autopistol with a hand flamer
>any model

Aren't these the guys who can infiltrate closer than normal?

Making him an upgrade to a Carnifex brood would also go a long way

>43 points for a sergent with LW/BS
thats kinda pricy

>Sergent has expensive melee options.
Stop the press.

So version 2 of my starting out with Iron hands list.
Changed the captain from cataphractii to artificer on bike and gave the command squad bikes instead of a pod.
Dropped a grav-canon from a tac squad.
Again this is just for general casual play, most people don't use flyers so AA probably wont be a problem.
A question about the Iron Hands, how are they about mixing different marks of armor?
I got some Mark 7 and Mark 4 cheapish.
Would you mix the parts from different armors on each marine, build them as intended but mix the marks in squads or keep the different marks separably?

Fist of Medusa Strike Force 1493pts
Battle Demi Company 1368pts

Captain (215pts)
Artificer Armour, Lightning Claw, Power Fist, Space Marine Bike, The Gorgon's Chain

3 man Bike Squad 93pts
Grav-guns x 2

Command Squad 270pts
Bikes
Apothecary
2 x Power Fist, Storm Shield
2 x Grav-pistol, Power Sword

5 man Devastator Squad 150pts
4x Lascannon

10 man Tactical Squad 225pts
Drop Pod,
Grav-cannon and Grav-amp, Grav-gun

10 man Tactical Squad 225pts
Drop Pod,
Grav-cannon and Grav-amp, Grav-gun

10 man Tactical Squad 190pts
Drop Pod,
Grav-gun

Auxiliary
Honoured Ancients
Dreadnought 115pts
Missle Launcher , Twin-linked Lascannon

everyone with cult ambush can

but without some kind of detachment/formation shenanigans, those guys can't infiltrate

I dont think i will ever get used to paying more than a termintor for a dude with t3 and a 5+, and hes only ap 3 to boot. even with 4 ws 4 I7 attacks, he is still pricy

On paper they look extremely solid. But we will see. Eldar are already shitting their pants since they already hate deepstrikers so they hate stuff that comes 3" across and charges even more.

>scrap all characters besides Swarmlord
>besides Swarmlord
>the one Cruddace-creation character that shouldn't exist, period
Fucking newfags I swear

>8ppm
>ws4 s4 i4 a2(3) rending
Jesus christ
>Any model can take a hand flamer
>Only 5ppm
Can you say 10d3 hits in overwatch?

What are all these weapons though?

>Aren't these the guys who can infiltrate closer than normal?
That and 1/6 chance to fire their guns twice with Pinning

ETA on 8th?

I want to get back into 40k but don't want to spend huge amounts of money on armies that will be outdated

what do?