Excuse me, Lieutenant

Excuse me, Lieutenant.

If our primary weaponry is laser based with no appreciable recoil and near light speed impact time, why are we only BS 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/"Excuse_Me"_Guy
1d4chan.org/index.php?title="Excuse_Me"_Guy&action=history
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Laser pointers don't hurt much, Guardsman

Fuck off with your gay forced meme.

So the BS 3 and S 3 is a combination effect to reflect high-accuracy, low damage weapons?

I can pay that. I was going to ask why not make it BS 6 and S 1, but then I realised that would mean there would be some units that it would be impossible to wound with a lasgun. The stats must thus represent mass, co-ordinated fire over single shots.

YOU'RE SPREADING IT.

It'd still have minor recoil issues from the flash-heated air expanding, but not too appreciable. My operating theory is that lasgun lenses are profoundly imperfect and the beam doesn't stay coherent for long; explains the range limitations on both tabletop and RPG fairly well in my book. As for why they aren't accurate at close range? Good question, likely down to the abstraction of the game's stats.

>this forced meme again

Has it really already been three months?

Do you have calendar dates set up as to when you're going to try spamming these shit threads, hoping people have forgotten how much of a faggot spammer you are?

Maybe the guns are perfectly accurate, but the guardsmen aren't? Isn't there a train of thought about how people need to be trained to shoot someone else, because we'll instinctively not want to hurt them?

>this forced meme again

How do you force a meme, exactly? Once more people than the original poster start using it, hasn't it gone viral at that stage?

Not OP, but why do you feel compelled to post in threads you don't like instead of just ignoring them? Do you feel that being a vigilante mod is a productive use of your time?

According to Officer Nofun, all threads he dislikes are started by the same person.

He's right.

Ignore the numbers down on the bottom right. There's only ever three people on Veeky Forums. You, me and the other guy.

And I'm not sure about the other guy.

Because guardsmen simply don't have the aim of cybernetic and genetically enhanced humans

But it's just light.

You can use a mirror and your hand to hit a fucking plane pilot in the eyes from dozens of miles, why the hell can't they hit a charging carnifax from across a football field?

This is one hell of a cringey forced discussion. It's so creepily unnatural.

Try aiming a laser pointer at a moving target without holding down the button, then tap it. I'd say it's not unreasonable to assume that half the time you'd miss.

A laser pointer won't flash boil the liquids in your body if hit by the beam

Most will be scared shitless and not really aim.

Also bs3 is baseline trained soldier, everything above is elite of the elite or augmented or inhuman shit.

Also this.

all memes are forced you dumb newfag

No, only the ones I don't like are forced.

The aiming capabilities of the user do not match up to the precision of the gun.

You're all aware, of course, that Excuse Me may have been spammed to hell, but the people spamming it were a group, not one guy? And at this point, it's just a joke? Calm your autism, and stop trying to police fun

Because the guardsmen are very poorly trained, and BS3 isn't actually low, since the numbers are an abstract of shooting prowess in a setting with god-like figures and power armoured demigods. So they're pretty accurate, but in comparison to a space marine, they're nothing.

At this point, it's a really, really, really sad forced meme, especially because you're still trying to try and dig it out of the hole you've sunk it into while only digging it deeper.

>Because the guardsmen are very poorly trained, and BS3 isn't actually low, since the numbers are an abstract of shooting prowess in a setting with god-like figures and power armoured demigods. So they're pretty accurate, but in comparison to a space marine, they're nothing.

See this? This is some embarrassing forced discussion to go along with your embarrassing forced meme.

Bro I hate to tell ya but

all the people in this thread are bumping it specifically because of your posts

think about that

you post, they post

you don't post, they _________

I 100% guarantee you that if you stop replying they will stop making these threads

but we all know you won't stop replying

You seem convinced everyone who tried to participate in the thread instead of whining is OP and his proxies. I'd try and tell you you're wrong, but you're caught up in your own self image as the righteous crusader saving Veeky Forums from the memes that trigger you. Kinda sad.

>See this? This is some embarrassing forced discussion to go along with your embarrassing forced meme.

Embarrassing discussion, is it? What makes it embarrassing lad?

don't tell him that, I'm enjoying myself

I already told him a couple times. He accused me of being the OP and trying to force a meeeeem.

Is the laser pointer the size and shape of a rifle with appreciable sights on it?

>I 100% guarantee you that if you stop replying they will stop making these threads

How does that even work, when it's them making the thread yesterday to try and force their meme again that started this whole thing?

I can 100% guarantee you that if you stop forcing this meme, people will forget about it and won't complain about it.

Not him, but I'm curious, what exactly is the difference between a "forced meme" and just a regular old meme?

See, there you go again, implying I'm the OP and replying to the thread. The two things you're not supposed to do.

If you just ignored these threads, the jackanapes in them wouldn't see you as a ready source of entertainment. You're not going to shame anyone into going along with your autism, because every time you reply it makes people happy. Stop replying, don't reply, and most importantly, stop replying.

Or just reply with another post about how "pointing out that you're creating a perpetual lolcow situation" is forcing a meme.

He doesn't like this one

At this point, the meme is saying that Excuse Me is a meme.

Forced memes are spammed just to try to get them to go viral. It's a brute force tactic that's essentially a small group or even an individual taking advantage of an anonymous image board to try to get a meme to stick.

It's what happened with this thing. The same threads were made and then repeated over and over again, spammed daily in hopes of getting it to become popular, but it instead had the inverse effect of making everyone hate it, outside of a few trolls.

>Forced memes are spammed just to try to get them to go viral. It's a brute force tactic that's essentially a small group or even an individual taking advantage of an anonymous image board to try to get a meme to stick.
You've yet to prove that, you do realize that user, right?

>I AM THE MAJORITY, ALL OF YOU ARE ONE GUY AND HIS GROUP OF FRIENDS/PROXIES

yeah, nah.

That's was proven years ago. You can actually find the proof yourself, just by searching 'Excuse Me" in the archives and finding the cycles of repeat threads. Shouldn't take you more than a few minutes.

Someone was definitely trying to force this thing, and doing it blatantly probably because they thought that it would be hard to string together something that's really obvious.

>years ago
Pretty sure this meme isn't years old lad.
It was last year at most.
And they seem to have succeeded, since it's now a meme

A guy from Hive World became an officer because he killed somebody, or so I heard.

2012 at least. I remember seeing it back then.

It's part of a cycle, where they try to bring it back, and people call it out for being faggotry, and then they hide away for a while, and then they come back again hoping everyone's forgotten how awful their spam is and how forced their conversations are.

They've been trying for years now. Years. And, the same thing is just going to happen again, because the people who spam it might be literally retarded. The only meme they've secured is that Excuse Me guy is a little seasonal plague on this board, like the flu.

Or, you have a lot of uncreative people.

>Elf slut what do

>Your character gets a power from your latest soundtrack

>Your campaign are now lolis for no reason

Are all also extremely repetitive and uploaded constantly. That's a long way from proving there's one guy or a small cabal trying to force it.

You seem to think I'm on your side. I think you're an easily triggered moron trying to police a board.

Like the flu? Sounds pretty viral to me.

I thought this shit meme died.
Fucking Veeky Forums won't let me put sage in all fields.

You're really doing your best to try and extend the benefit of the doubt. Remember, there's a difference between any doubt and reasonable doubt.

We're not talking about similar threads. We're talking about identical threads, in a cycle, complete with a schedule. It's not even deep detective work, it's what's blatantly obvious just by doing a three second search in the archive.

It was spammed, and even now the only thing left in this husk of a meme is that people like using it for spiteposting because it's easy to troll with. It's about time the few people still trying to drag it out of its grave just moved on, and did something more productive with their time.

Maybe try and spam more pepe on /pol/ or something.

>You're really doing your best to try and extend the benefit of the doubt. Remember, there's a difference between any doubt and reasonable doubt.

Yes, and mere similarity of thread types, which hell, aren't even as similar as some OTHER threads we see a lot of, seems to be a pretty reasonable doubt to me.

>We're talking about identical threads, in a cycle, complete with a schedule.

What identical threads? How is it more or less identical than "Elf slave what do?" What schedule?

>It was spammed, and even now the only thing left in this husk of a meme is that people like using it for spiteposting because it's easy to troll with.

The only person being trolled by this seems to be you.

>What identical threads?
Identical picture, identical text. Same filenames even. Same inane questions made purely just to spam the meme, sometimes even with identical responses immediately following it.

It's pretty fucked up when you actually think about it, because it seems like the guy was really going all out, all without realizing that everything he was doing was not only archived, but readily searched. In fact, them using the same images and filenames makes it so easy to trace, that anyone with even mild curiosity is forced to come to the same conclusions. Of course, this was a few years back and the archive wasn't as well known, so it's easy to see how they didn't know that their spamming was so obvious, but that only makes you wonder what lengths they would go to if they did know.

I'm sorry, but "reasonable" does not mean being an idiot, and there's no real way to explain away the spam as anything other than spam, even if you wanted to extend the benefit of the doubt, which is assuredly misplaced for this meme spamming.

I personally find you more annoying than those forced memes. Learn to use filter you dipshit detective board-police wanna be.

At least put up a name so I can filter you.

It's hardly detective work, and I'm sorry you thought you were so clever with your meme spam that even five minutes with an archive search engine could link it together.

What the hell is forced discussion?

We're insulting you because you're easily trolled and incredibly butthurt over a joke

For whatever reason, the Excuse Me meme pisses this guy off so much he spends hours of his life yelling at the people who use it.

>Same inane questions made purely just to spam the meme, sometimes even with identical responses immediately following it.
Yeah, I recognized this pattern too:

>Excuse me, Commissar...
>FORCED MEME REEEEEE

>Excuse me, Cult Leader
>FORCED MEME REEEEEE

>Excuse me, your highness
>FORCED MEME REEEEEE

Whoever that guy is, he's pretty dedicated to finding every Excuse Me thread and whining about it.

>What the hell is forced discussion?
It's like regular discussion, except one user is convinced that everyone else in the thread is just one guy with a lot of fake IP addresses.

Get out of here with your forced meme. Everytime you post this people flood the board with the same shitty forced meme until they are banned. You and you tiny cabal of memers are trying to ruin this board with forced discussion.
[Spoiler]:>)[/spoiler]

Kind of weak damage control, but not unexpected.

It's like watching the top of a snake die after it's been cut an inch below its head. A few weak spasms, a few snaps of the jaws, nothing more.

It's obvious, don't you see? The guy complaining about the forced meme IS the guy forcing the meme.

How else to ensure its visibility by ranting and raving and carrying on every time there's an "Excuse me" thread? Make it, let 5-10 replies develop, and then go on the assblasted crusade, ensuring that it stays in the top of the catalogue.

Meanwhile, he acts (in a deliberately stupid way) as the board police, accusing anyone and everyone who doubts his "theory" as being in on the conspiracy. This in turn makes people think he's crazy, because he's acting crazy, and it must therefore be a pretty nice meme, as evidenced by posts like this. It's an incredibly devious plan.

>damage control

get out of here with that forced meme. I see you and your proxies spamming that all the fucking time and it makes me sick. Sure it dies down every now and then, I don't see it for a while, but don't think I don't know who you are. You're a sad, pathetic loser spamming your stupid meme which 99.999% of Veeky Forums (who, after all, I represent) hate.

The man's a genius.

Stop forcing your stupid meme, OP, no one wants to see it.

Where is the face of the Excuse Me ____ guy from?

This is a shitty forced meme but I gotta know the origin of the face

>shitty forced meme
I love that meme

It's from one of the redshirts in One of the Star Trek movies. I think it's First Contact, but I'm not sure; definitely one of the TNG movie era though.

Star Trek movie. Same as the dialogue, I guess.

I never saw it, so all I know about it is from the 1d4chan page:

1d4chan.org/wiki/"Excuse_Me"_Guy

For added humor, check out the
>d-d-d-damage control

in the History page:
1d4chan.org/index.php?title="Excuse_Me"_Guy&action=history

You can tell that Mr. Board Policeman has been editing the wiki.

I don't know if you think you're actually being funny or if you've really just been pushed past the breaking point, but there's really not much left to discuss.

So, let's just bury this forced meme, and not have you guys spend so much effort defending the indefensible.

This is why space marines need an increase of 1 in every single stat of theirs. WS 5, BS 5, S 5, T 5, etc. Because being just 1+ to human is fucking retarded.

I'd love to. Stop forcing the meme, OP.

It takes less than half a watt to blind someone. With multiple kilowatts and a wide angle lens, you could disable entire squads.

New user here. Fuck your forced meme.

Stop forcing this meme, it's an addiction

Eh, the stats in WH40k are incredibly vague, so we don't really know by how much a person's strength increases as they get +1 to it, alongside WS and BS etc.

Considering that guardsman's stats can be summed as "complete dogshit" I think it's safe to say they're godawful. 60% increase in a normal human's stat values should be how the space marine stats are derived, including points cost. Keep them at 1 wound though, only give Terminators the special 2 wounds.

BS3 is fine, it's roughly average for a well trained troop who doesn't have either extremely sophisticated targeting systems or reflexes so fast they make the world essentially slow motion.

You want people to pay attention to your meme spam. That's why you bought up the archive. You must feel really proud now.

>cue forced conversation

Ugh. Just let this thread die.

We don't know if the +1 is the same increase each time, or if there's some sort of diminishing returns thing going on, but, on principle, I agree with you.

It's just 40k would become very unbalanced if Space Marines were made into the fluff based monsters they really are. Or space marine armies would be even smaller and GW wouldn't be able to extract every penny they can from their legions of fans.

it's mainly representing the odds of a shot that actually has a chance to do damage. So a guardsman who is even hitting 90% of the time probably isn't getting a lot of hits on areas weakly enough armored that he can hurt it.

Also, accurate fire in a combat situation, especially when the enemy is shooting back, isn't as easy as it looks. Usually you'll be snap firing from cover or something. So its not like that guardsman is sitting there like he's on the firing range calmly plinking orks at 200 yards.

We know for Initiative, i3 is human speed, i4 is holy shit that's inhumanly fast and i5 is so fast it blurs.

That is real discussion though

Well that's the thing, with increased stats come stiff points increase. This results in a smaller army that makes it even easier for beginners to get into, like Grey Knights.

See
>pace marine armies would be even smaller and GW wouldn't be able to extract every penny they can from their legions of fans.

And I wouldn't want to shrink space marine armies further, given the vast number of low AP high strength template weapons around, sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Well you can always increase their base size, or add a special rule that increases the range the unit can be spread out.

>aim gun
>pull trigger
Training complete.
>heres the platoon you'll be replacing cause these guys are pacifists
Shoot them.
>indoctrination complete

Sounds like meme-forcer talk to me.

Hey everybody, I made a thing

Can you stop forcing the forced meme forced meme. I don't want forced discussion on my board.

Force me.

you and your 80 proxies cant fool me

Three months? It feels like years since I saw one of these threads around here.

Thats because you dont autistically search for them.

Wow somebody changed the entire article today to shit on it. Forced meme guy really is butthurt about this.

wew lad

Am I the only guy that finds this meme genuinely funny?

Because precision counts for nothing without accuracy, guardsman!
Are your sights set correctly?
Are you aiming at the target?
Where are you aiming on the target?
Are you shooting accurately, and not just screaming the catechism of accuracy while holding down full auto?
Are you holding it right?

Now shut up and get back to the line before I have the commissar assign you to latrine duty for a month.

Or maybe its just the most popular meme to use for a discussion of lore.

If I had a question about the Chaos Gods, I'd use an Excuse MeGuy to ask it because there aren't any memes I like better for it.

If you want to stop seeing it, make a better formula meme to use in its place.

I like it

But then we're the same person

It's been years since the genuinely funny ones turned up.

I can empathise with the REEEposter, because the easy way to spot the difference between a shitposter/spammer and someone trying to make a joke is to see if they get the meme right.
Done right, it points out a silly flaw of setting consistent logic and everyone has a chuckle and/or adds something to the joke.
Done wrong, it either asks questions that are answered in the fluff already, or asks questions where the answer is separation of fluff and crunch, which are usually blindingly obviously the case.

Both the excuse me threads currently up fall into the latter.

Some of them can be genuinely amusing, but most of the time they seem to be shitty. Then again you could pretty much say that about most of the board.

I do, I just wish there was more versions.

no I like it too

I mean I think it's funny for
1. Pointing out genuine silliness in 40k
2. The discussion that follows usually has some funny points
3. The level of butt hurt it causes

Shut up, nerd.

I think if you had to make a new version every time it would be more funny.

But hey. This is the site with Baneposting on every board. Repetition is assured.

Because you are untrained meat shields. The only reason you can hit anything at all is because the weapon is so easy to aim.