Should we Remove all all Thread Games from Veeky Forums?

Mod, you're probably going to delete this for being off-topic, but could you at least read through the OP before doing so?

There are a number of threads on here that have the same issue as Quests(low user count, high Front Page Presence) that should be moved to /qst/. I'm referring to the Risk Threads, PBP Skirmish Threads, and RP threads like the Mages Guild. These should be moved to /qst/, and /qst/ should expand its narrow focus to include all threads where games are actually played, leaving Veeky Forums as a pure Discussion thread. This would have the benefit of removing further bloat from the front page, and expanding the /qst/ userbase, hopefully putting an end to the barrage of Questfags/Anti-Questfags on here.(For the record, I'm not part of either side, I'm just sick of the threads de-railing then getting deleted because of it.)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/Hiro/deleted/deleted/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You know the thread at the bottom of the page right now is a retarded 0 replies shitpost which was posted 4 hours and 25 minutes ago, and is just now about to drop off the board, right? There's plenty of room on the board for the remaining thread games.

If I'm not mistaken, some of those actually are suppsoed to go on /qst/ already.

I'm pretty sure for example the Risk games are SUPPOSED to be on /qst/.

So why Don't mods crack down on those threads as well? They're pretty dedicated to removing Quests and Off-topic posts.

Because you aren't telling them on IRC or reporting their posts.

Because quests started because a mod had a hard-on for hating quests despite most fa/tg/uys not really giving two fucks about quest threads because filters and scrolling past them senpai.

I for one am enjoying that quest threads have just been replaced with 'why aren't there quest threads' threads.

>complaining to mods in a thread about off topic threads
>board has report functions specifically for off topic threads

You're worse than the quest fags.

t. OP of said shitpost

Yes, without exception. We have /quest/, dump them there.

I agree. If you want to roleplay or play little games you should do that shit on /qst/ where it belongs.

Don't forget CYOAs, which are just one person quests.

This! You send the CYOA'S and Tower girls to /qst/ and you'll guarantee a major spike in /qst/. I'm Pro-Quest and barring the mod being replaced by someone decent, I'd accept this whole-heartedly.

Its pretty minor problem, dont like em dont click em, they dont spill over into other conversations so it truely is nothing that bothers me

The same could've been said of quests, but look where we are now.

I don't have to step in shit if I see it either, doesn't change the fact that someone is shitting on the floor.

>I don't like thing
>therefore it is shit

It's fine if you like shit, but it belongs in a litterbox. Not on the living room floor.

>My opinions on things are greater than others because reasons

Unfortunately, Veeky Forums and /qst/ are the only boards where Hiro's decisions are overruled by the mod.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/Hiro/deleted/deleted/type/op/

It's not an opinion to say that quests should be on /qst/.

Honestly I don't get why this is such a shit fest

Even when quests didn't have their own board, maybe a third of the threads here were games, but now? Literally 1/10 at the most.

You people are memeing about quests as if your 700th warhammer thread for the day will get pushed down a page

Because we have a board for that shit now, they don't have to keep squatting in Veeky Forums. They can go over there, play their games in their designated playpen, and give that board some traffic while they're at it so it doesn't die and quests are forced to move back here.

Quests are not going to move back here even if the board dies. Feel free to screencap this post.

People actual believe the meme that quests will die?

I don't know. Just saying death wouldn't magically regress the decision.

We all know why, user.

Since they doubled down on /qst/ instead of admitting it's a poorly thought out concept, I agree that this is the next best solution.

>Pick a random song from your playlist The next poster has to create a superpower based around said song and post a random song from their playlist

>Excuse me Lord Vador, why have we used decades of labor to develop and build the Death Star? Our Emporer can ravage planets with force storms and our fleet can leave worlds uninhabitable

>>"Hero, please! I need your help! You must assist me in reviving my swarm. I swear on my brood that if we are successful, I will repay your kindness a thousand fold. There may even be a place for you by my side as my fourth or even third consort when I reclaim the Hexathrone and take my rightful place as Queen of the Waspid! I promise you, Hero, the world can be ours, but we must act quickly..." What say you, Hero?

>Recommend me a good fantasy book

>Time to choose your banner and take your place among the noble houses of the Riverlands! singles: knight doubles: Lord of the keep trips: King until usurped by another trips quads or higher:

Why are some people so obsessed with policing the board for "not-tg/" content?

Because the creation of /qst/ has validated them. The board police now know that they have power.

I don't know user, but the mod has shown that he folds to the whims of the board police.

As has been said, Veeky Forums is for the DISCUSSION of traditional games only.

Quests, CYOAs, Risk threads, drawthreads, writethreads, worldbuilding threads. None of them are Veeky Forums any more.

Get lost butthurt quest shitter, we finally killed the beast

But what about all the other things you don't like?

I'm just stating fact. It's very human to feel validated by being acknowledged by a higher authority, but now you're trying to throw even more shit off the board that isn't nearly the same level of problem quests were.

Gotta get rid of all that BADWRONGFUN, user.
Can't have people being creative or imaginative on Veeky Forums of all places.

Because the /qst/ mess validated it and Veeky Forums is a clusterfuck of unrelated stuff. Half of it should be deleted right now. There are so many targets to police.

Moderation on Veeky Forums isn't about what's board appropriate.

>5 CYOA
>5 Excuse me, Commander/Captian/whatever threads
>A LOTR lore thread without any mention of any traditional game
>Inquisition, everyone put on your cool face
(Just spamming reaction pictures. 24/24 posts)
>A thread about books that should be moved to Veeky Forums (even if Veeky Forums is a bunch of fags)
>Anyone planning something for nanowrimo this year?

Not even getting into the thinly veiled food thread. (It's not about food for your games or even pretending to be related).

You do know that Veeky Forums was made for 40k, making those threads detestable but still Veeky Forums related.

Honest question, why don't you just go on reddit since you want nothing but pure discussion?

Bitch I love 40k. Of course it belongs here. You're missing the point and I believe you're doing it intentionally.

That thread literally has nothing but reaction faces. It's not about 40k at all. That's the point.

I'm not one of those people that actually goes around reporting them or even cares. I can use filters or just not click on things I dislike. it's super easy without autism. I'm just trying to explain why they're easy targets for the fun police and do violate the rules as written. Because you can absolutely make the argument that they don't belong. It's easy ammo.

And I'm also trying to explain that Veeky Forums culture is all over the map and that mods are both selective and shitty at their jobs, as clearly evidenced by the threads running right now. Moderation on Veeky Forums is selective based on badwrongfun because the fun police are in charge. Any one of these thread types is next because all it takes is a a mod to change their mind, not any sense of rules.

>You do know that Veeky Forums was made for 40k

This old lie again?
You're never going to stop with your "muh warhammer wednesdays" meme, are you?

For one thing, 40k was never banned from /b/.

Secondly, D&D was big in /co/, /v/, and /b/, and there were always scatterings of other games as well on those boards, along with random 40k threads outside of /b/. At some point, moot said "hey, there's these game threads in these boards that aren't comics or video games, maybe I should make a board for them." Hence, why it's called Veeky Forums and not /40k/.

If you have any evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

Those are less to actually do with 40k and more to do with just forcing a meme. One of the ones up right now isn't even 40k related, and not even really Veeky Forums related.

My mistake user, I misread your post.

My point still stands that the janitor-wannabes should go to reddit and should stop trying to suck all of the fun and content out of the board.

Every board has shitty memes, if you can't deal with it, you don't belong here.

Counterpoint: Which board is most often associated with 40k?
If I went on any other board and made a thread about 40k, where do you think people would tell me to take it?

I agree with this, but I don't think they belong in /qst/.
Maybe a new board exclusively for forum games?

No, you stupid sack of shit.

Prove your assertion the board was made for your shitty game, or fuck off. Because they'd say that about any OTHER tabletop game, too.

Your game isn't special.

Most boards hate forced memes though. Only the worst ones tolerate/encourage them.

>Implying

I hate 40k.
But I still believe that it belongs on this board.
And unlike faggots like OP, I can live with things I don't like being here.

Every board on Veeky Forums is the worst board.
No matter how much policing you do, some shitty meme is always going to pop up, get laughed at, get overused, become hated, and then eventually fall into obscurity.

The board police are the most cancerous shitposters on this board by a huge margin, questers didn't try to shit up threads.

I'd argue that people who make shitty threads are worse than those who shit up already shitty threads.

This is unrelated to questers though.

>people who make shitty threads
>This is unrelated to questers though.
REALLY?

>Every board on Veeky Forums is the worst board.

That's the "every board is /b/" mentality that shitposters have adopted. For the most part, Veeky Forums was always modeled after 2chan, where while people are allowed to say whatever they want uncensored, the actual post quality is expected to be high outside of the random/designated shitposting boards. Even on Veeky Forums, if you go to the smaller boards that are well moderated, you see very little shitposting.

To try and say that Veeky Forums should accept /b/-tard style posting is ridiculous, though "board-policing" can often get out of hand, especially since replying to shitposting trolls is kind of like kicking a hornet's nest (the 5 current Excuse Me threads, case in point). Report and ignore, and hopefully enough people will report it for the mods to take notice.

Yep. There were shitty quests, and there were also really good ones.

I'd say this is the most accurate summary of what's been going on so far.

>no mention of CYOAs

dumb /qst/poster

>Report and ignore, and hopefully enough people will report it for the mods to take notice.
>And then the threads get taken down.
>And then people make new "Excuse me" threads
>And then "Excuse me" threads get banned
>And then shitposters find some new "Excuse me" thread to shitpost

The point isn't to accept them, report them all you want.
The point is that no matter what, there will always be something like an "Excuse me" thread.

The Excuse me threads were banned and taken down in the past. And, they did try to keep posting them for a while, but after a few more bannings they kept quiet for a few months. And, after they got their threads banned again, they were quiet again for another few months.

As long as the mods discourage something as ridiculous as a "question template meme", it stays down for months at a time. While not perfect, it's better than having to deal with different groups vying to spam their own personal memes in place, with competing "question template meme" formats.

Basically, the point is that while "Excuse Me" will try to persist as long as there's /r9k/ and /s4s/ type people in this world, as long as the rest of us just report and ignore, it won't get as bad as actual /r9k/ and /s4s/.

OP here. This entire thread is a dedication to just how shitty the mod is. Post anything Pro-Quest, and he'll delete the thread and put a temporary ban on you. Post Anti-Quest/Creativity/Fun, and the thread is completely ignored.

Seriously, Fuck the Mod. It's not even about Quests, it's about how disgustingly biased this Shithead is.

It's more of just the mods are asleep right now.

This thread still being up is one sign of that, the Excuse Me spam is the other.

Tell like it is user, this guy might just be worse than nazimod. At least that one didn't try to hide his attempts to totally sterilize Veeky Forums.

You killed one beast. Good for you. What's next? Warhammer Threads? Drawfag Threads? Roleplay Threads? Image/Cosplay/LARP Threads? Monster Girls? What's next big guy?

>What's next big guy?
Crashing this board with no survivors

Shhh, hush off with your salty butthurt quest fags. Get back to your containment board. These meta-threads are incredibly transparent

While I must thank your ilk for getting rid of a competitor, it must be reminded that PBP Skirmish, Risk, and Roleplaying games are not, and will never be quests under their current definition, and those that are currently in /qst/ are technically off-topic and should be moved to the proper board, which Veeky Forums technically is. Now, move along quester, we have no beef with you, but turn this board against us, and we very much will.

Please tell me this post is supposed to be ironic

Jesus, someone has their head up their ass.

>and will never be quests under their current definition

Wut

Are you one of those anons who waged that 3 person crusade against /wst/? You sound like them.

get the fuck out

>Should we Remove all all Thread Games from Veeky Forums?

Here's my two cents:

Quest, CYOA and CIV *Generals*, Id Est: the discussion and workshopping of Quests, CYOA, CIVS, etc. Just like how we can talk about Magic the gathering Warhammer, Dnd, world building, etc- This is a place to talk about traditional games and all of these are just traditional games in an online medium.

I think though that the big three: Quests, CYOA, and CIVS should be kept on the quest board to justify, organize and give the hosts and players more options/better tools- it's a good board, it just needs TRAFFIC.

That is also why I think *Generals* specifically should be allowed on here: so people can not only discuss, but advertise their games, times, etc- so people can organize and let people know whats happening without creating a non-quest thread on the quest board.

For what it's also worth: I also think /d/ & /aco/ should have their own shared discussion board for general Kink, Fetish and ERP discussion between peoples, as at the moment /d/eviants have no one where to disgust degeneracy and we constantly see them sneaking over here to post. But that's a whole 'nother point all together.

Why have the mods forsaken Veeky Forums this night?

I want the thing you like to be taken from you just for spite.

I've heard there are quite a few issues behind the scenes right now.

I agree with OP, not sure why quests were singled out and CYOA, Risk, and other internet forum game threads remain.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the current situation. It's a huge improvement and if that's all that is done to clean up Veeky Forums well then I'll be happy with it.

But for reference, I tried looking at the current CYOA thread. It's not a Veeky Forums thread at all. It's just a forum game, looks similar to a Quest but with more audience participation. But since it calls itself CYOA it is still here...

Because quests propagate like cancer.

Risk and CYOAs tend to stay in their own generals.

There were more questfags than you fags and we fucking threw them out.

This. While I don't like CYOAs myself, they pretty much exclusively stick to one thread.

Let's go with all the things on that list that aren't related to traditional games.

So did /wst/. The point is they take up space on the board that could be filled with something actually Veeky Forums related. Hell, there are 4 of them up right now.

4?
That's like 50% of the board!
Golly gee, we should do something!

meanwhile, no one has mentioned the 40k "collective roleplaying" obviously quest thread

4 whole threads? Shit. We have to do something.

the day mage guild is removed from being a Veeky Forums thing, is the day tg truly dies. Some roleplay threads (like mage guild) are reasonable. They're funny, sometimes inspire ideas for stories, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Veeky Forums has always, ultimately, been about telling cool stories, either on the game board or off it. Trying to remove ALL such things to /qst/ is just asking for trouble.

I mean jesus h. christ. Is it even necessary? Even removing quests was only barely, arguably, necessary.

wow... 4 fucking threads... that's like, a third of an entire page or something.

How about this. Compare it to the number of threads that are dying and not being participated in at all. Then tell us that they're a bad thing.

The difference between quests and other shit like cyoa, civ builder, risk, etc is FREQUENCY and BOARD AVAILABILITY

/what/ explicitly exists for quests. It is true many of the above can fall under that, but that requires extrapolation.

More important is FREQUENCY - quest threads were constantly t snd omnipresent, 10-20 would be up all day every day. Compare this to the 2-3 risk, cyoa, etc threads you see. Therein lay the difference - acceptable levels of pollution.

Oh and >bitching about muh mod favoritism

Are you 12? Have we become rpgnet? Shut the fuck up and move along. Veeky Forums barely has any moderation and ideally will stay that way.

>document.getElementsByClassName("thread").length
>4/151

Well holy fucking shit, 2.6% of the board is taken up by these things. Stop the presses, call the mods, pick up the red phone, we need to get this shit gone IMMEDIATELY

Now we get to the Crux of it. Are "Cool Stories" Veeky Forums?

Should we ban Story Threads because they only exist in hopes of creating epic Screencaps?

What about the Creation Pages? Those are meant in the hopes of creating more homebrew Chapters/Characters/Settings that we can call our own.

Should Dorf Fort be banned because it's too vidya?

Basically, Veeky Forums is separated into two groups. The guys who think we actually made some pretty cool stuff before 2008, and the rest who think 1d4chan is full of memey shit.

You're either someone who wants Veeky Forums to be purely game discussion, or you're someone who thinks Veeky Forums can create actual content.

The mod says no. Nu/tg/ says no. I'd like to think a lot of us say yes, Veeky Forums gets shit done.

Veeky Forums barely HAD any moderation... back in 2008. I've seen threads, images, and posts be deleted. Manu of them were of the "Is the Emperor White?" Or "Check out my Anglo Civilization from my homebrew setting." Neither of those were even racist. They just had the word White in them. The mod gets up to some SJW shit whenever no one looks.

ITT:
>here's why [threads I personally like] belong on Veeky Forums
>but [threads I don't personally like] should fuck off

All of this is subjective so the only way to not be a hypocritical faggot is to stop being a nofunallowed asshole and live & let live.
But apparently playing board police is all the rage now.

I disagree with your conclusion, but you do raise an important point. This board has gotten a lot faster over time, to the point where board space is an issue.

I got here long after 2008, but I have noticed this board get a lot faster since I started using it, and with it an increase in general shitty attitudes and decrease of actual content generated. If we want to improve the quality of this board, I think one way of doing it that few would object to is an expansion of the board size and the number of threads that can be posted on it. That leaves more space for everyone and will allow interesting yet slow threads from being bumped off the board too quickly.

I mean, hell, the mods set up an entirely new board seemingly just to get rid of quests and it's barely being used. It should be dead easy to just expand Veeky Forums.

>Veeky Forums barely has any moderation and ideally will stay that way.
You're talking to the same board that almost got destroyed by Nazimod.
The days of relaxed moderation and near-completely free speech died with the creation of /mlp/

Thank you. I mean, okay, fair's fair. Quests had an argument for removal. But anything else? A lot of it is game development, or it's story making. These things are quintessentially Veeky Forums! I do have to agree, our biggest argument is between the folks who think that we should only post shit that's 'established' and those of us who want to create things.

Here's the real underlying problem: Generals.

See, the board has become Reddit-tier Isolationist. Everything is a Generals thread now. It's one short step from containment boards, and it's killed creativity.

Have a JoJo idea? Gotta wait for /SSS/ to come around.

Want some peer review on your homebrew system? /gdg/

Have an interesting setting? /wbg/

Want to post your story for everyone to view? Don't post it where everyone can see it, and it's the main attraction. Post it in the Storythread.

Want to create some epic content? Instead of trying to spitball ideas until it happens organically, let's try and force a thread to do it with the Creation thread.

Everything is so isolationist. It's like we've forgotten that some of our finest work came from an off-hand comment that occurred halfway down a thread that started with a completely different subject.

>threads I don't like had argument for removal
>but threads I *do* like? Nononono they're quintessentially Veeky Forums!

You're happy enough to kick the lepers off to their colony. Don't be a hypocrite now that your fingers are falling off too.

If 4 threads of catalog space at any given time were being taken up by /pol/acks shilling for Trump, and the mods refused to do anything about it, you'd complain. Don't try to pretend like you wouldn't.

You bitch when there are threads about things you hate and have no problems when there are threads about things you like. I do not say this to you specifically, I say this to everyone. This is pretty much human nature. The only way to have a stable board about a specific topic that everyone agrees on is to have very specific rules as to what is and isn't allowed. Making exceptions for one thing based on flimsy reasons will just result in other people asking why exceptions can't be made for them as well, and before you know it your board has become pre-moderation /v/, a.k.a. /b/2.0.

You call it slippery slope fallacy, I call it "history". It's exactly what happened to /v/. Mods let one thing slide, then let another thing slide, then let another thing slide, until "/v/ will argue about anything" was literally a meme at one point. Those of us who actually wanted to talk video games were damn lucky a "Nazi mod", as you would call it, finally came along. The truth is the Nazis had a point.

Let's be honest: The crux of our problem is that we, as neckbeards, cannot get along with each other, and must constantly wage war against the Other.

And so, the balkanization continues.

The whole point of /wbg/ or /gdg/ is so you can get more traffic, because just one setting creation or homebrew system won't always make it to the front page.

Dude, I was against /qst/ all I'm saying is that there was a potentially valid argument for it having it's own board. There's not even approaching one for the rest.

See, you went too far on your last line there. Now we all know you're just trolling.

If 4 threads at any given time were taken up by strawman arguments, I'd also be complaining.

captcha: leederville STOP

THAT'S. THE FUCKING. POINT.

Veeky Forums used to be a ruthless gauntlet for content creation. If you made something that got the approval of Veeky Forums, it meant that you had something that had genuine merit to it. Now, people just dismiss ideas as a whole, or circlejerk about it in their own little threads.

Because they don't have actual shit going on in their lives, so they identify overly with the board and take it personally when it doesn't cater to their specific tastes.

I mean, the same problem is with people who give a shit about quests being on here too.

Like, yeah, /qst/ was a silly move but I'm not going to waste my time fighting to have it stay on this board. Oh no, I have to open up a second tab and look through a catalogue every couple of days!

Although I will say that I would like to see the board speed increase here. Give it one day and then shit falls off the board. It's not like these faggots here actually have any discussions worth anything except for quests and worldbuilding.

Don't believe me? Check suptg. All these supposed important discussions they need to have stay up for a week, and none of them are worth archiving. And since anyone can fucking do it, it's especially telling that not a single one of them is willing to do it.

Too true, there is a general for damn near everything now. Fuck, there's even a general for horror up right now.

The problem with general threads is that in part no one who isn't immediately interested in the subject or is unwilling to get involved in a new sub community is going to browse a general. The end result is that the amount of Veeky Forums that is open to casual users or anyone not into everything is reduced.

And here we see a perfect example of Godwin's Law in action.

>Wanting to increase the speed of Veeky Forums
You fucking what. That's half the root cause of all the general shittyness flying around these days.