What is the best element and why is it earth?

What is the best element and why is it earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WA5bq29-Xis
youtube.com/watch?v=0CD6SZbtLZM
samkriss.wordpress.com/2016/03/14/neil-degrasse-tyson-pedantry-in-space/
youtube.com/watch?v=CEdOqYEwcT8
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belphegor
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well you were close..

It isn't electricity is

The best element is uranium.

The best element is the element of surprise.

Surprise

>Fire """""""lord"""""""

>Died to adventurers two times

First time doesn't count, it's just another example of why you should never hire snake people.

Steel. Or Germans.

Elementals are the stupidest shit I have ever encountered in a roleplaying game.

First off, a fucking fire elemental doesn't make any goddamn sense. It's living fire? Okay. So it burns all the fucking oxygen out of whatever room it's in and kills itself. Nice job. Also how the fuck do you kill it besides water? Ever try swinging a sword at fire? Well I have, faggot, and I can tell you that it doesn't work. So your combat is just the characters spraying the thing with a hose. That's the gayest shit I've ever heard of.

Earth elementals actually make sense because they are basically golems except natural. They're kinda dumb but they make sense.

Again with water elementals, what are you supposed to do, boil the motherfuckers? Slashing at them with a sword just means water falls on the ground and they can soak it back up. They are fucking invincible. Again, retarded. At least they are solid.

Air elementals... how the hell do you fight fucking air? Seriously, how do you destroy air? Also air is clear, you idiots, I always see pictures of air elementals as these fucking dust clouds, well if there's no dust around they are fucking invisible, aren't they? And the Monster Manual already has invisible stalkers, so why the FUCK do we need these bitches?

Fuck elementals. Seriously. They are laziest ass monster creation I have seen in a long time, and I was around when Flumphs and Modrons were first being introduced.

Fuck off thrall

The greatest element is actually the element of violence.

>what are you supposed to do, boil the motherfuckers
Drink them.

surprise

It's like you've yet to try fighting an ocean.

Air is my favourite element personally, something about the idea of a cool breeze and gigantic thunderstorms and lightning, it's just cool. I also like that Warcraft gives them that slightly persian aesthetic.

This is my favourite at of him but I can't find a better size.

Would you like your fights to be "swing sword. repeat" then?
Because the idea of throwing a fire elemental to players seems like a fuckin combat gold mine:
"Fuck we can't use melee weapons"
"No fireballs"
"Well if we can trap him a closed enviorment he'll eventually consume all the oxygen adn disappear!"
"Ok how do we trap him?"
"Maybe we can use dry logs since it's fuel for him?"
"Or maybe we can set up a trap with a huge water tank to dunk on him!"

I mean... you're just throwing interest out the fuckin widow dude...

>Stand back, guys, I've prepped for exactly this kind of situation.

...It's like you're on a board of whimsy and imagination while possessing none.

>Blast it with piss is the legitimate response to a situation
Comedy gold, Jerry!

is this a copypasta

it's so dumb it has to be

When I saw this thread I had a spark of inspiration to get inb4 firefags to light them up for being the worst element, but they got here in a flash and now I'm feeling burned out.

I do have imagination. But it's like "LOL A CREATURE MADE FROM LIVING SHIT", it's not interesting or entertaining at all.

Boring-ass peg-in-hole puzzle crap. I want an exciting battle, not a Rube Goldberg machine.

>implying that dying to Azeroth's Cleanup Crew is shameful
They killed a demon god two times, an earth-bending dragon god, beat the shit our of multiple planet buster-tier eldritch abominations and saved the world from undead and cross-dimensional space demons invasions. You don't fuck with The Clean Up crew.

>But it's like "LOL A CREATURE MADE FROM LIVING SHIT", it's not interesting or entertaining at all.
That's why we will ignore you from now on

>But it's like "LOL A CREATURE MADE FROM LIVING SHIT", it's not interesting or entertaining at all.
wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=WA5bq29-Xis

what's the difference between a rock golem and an earth elemental?

Laughter.
She best.

Golems are created by bored wizards. Earth elementals are 'natural'.

And not a drop to drink.

So does that mean that Blizzard's "Earth Elemental" is actually a golem since it is composed of artificial parts and texts?

All lesser elementals on azeroth have bindings, they need them to escape the elemtenal planes they were trapped in. Anything stronger than them is fair game to escape without them and theyre either primal elementals or named. Binding and subjegation of elementals other than water elementals is extremely diffucult because most are inclined to try and fuck your shit up instead of help you, unless you were born blessed with the ability to speak the elementals language.
>source i played a shaman since bc would have had loremaster if i didnt faction change

>Boring-ass peg-in-hole puzzle crap. I want an exciting battle, not a Rube Goldberg machine.

Can you give an example of this? Because so far your argument has been "I can't hit it with a sword, therefore it's invincible." Frankly your idea of an exciting battles seems to hinge entirely on hitting things with swords repeatedly.

This makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

>water elementals
>At least they are solid.

>best
>earth

How about no?

Surprise

youtube.com/watch?v=0CD6SZbtLZM

The best element is surprise

Close, but it's Sand, not Earth.

Earth, generally speaking, is sand with a bit of water added in. This doesn't help in a desert or city, both of which will still have sand (or dust, which is also sand) everywhere.

I think Illidan was now canonically defeated by the guild Uber Town, which contains members of both Horde and Alliance races among them the infamous Johnny Awesome.

You're right about water, but Voidwielder is just a worse version of Aether Adept.

Because there are so many different kinds of "earth" with so many different properties it's not even fair. Thinking in terms of combat is thinking small.
In a generic medieval fantasy setting, most units of currency are backed by minerals, and in D&D specifically several gemstones are valued as high-level spell components. If you're a master of earth magic, you can spend your downtime pulling valuable minerals toward the surface, much safer than dungeon crawling.

That sounds so stupid I can totally see blizzard actually doing that and not just you yanking my chain.

If Avatar has taught me anything, it's air. The only reason the setting isn't run by the air nation is because the air benders were a bunch of pacifistic nomads.

>muh suffocation
Watch out, he's going to maintain concentration for over a minute to kill one person!

That was one air-bending weaboo who had had his abilities for a couple weeks at best for the entire time he was a threat.

Remember when the Gaang visited that first air temple and all those corpses around Monk Gyatso?

>Earth, generally speaking, is sand with a bit of water added in.

So are you saying that golems are GMO'd earth elements is? Boy, are the druid environmentalists going to go up in arms over this.

Yeah, presumably they could straight up collapse lungs and then turn their focus to the next target with enough practice.

Gyatso was a grandmaster though, that level of power is expected for top-tier benders of any element.

The objectively best element is always earth because of its constantly unused versatility, the strongest element in a story is always fire because muh emotions, and my favorite element is air because muh freedom.

Therefore the answer is: everything but water.

Your Bruce Lee is weak.

He's wrong, earth is only sometimes sand but it's mostly soil, which in itself is just completely decomposed bio material mixed with small amounts of water, air, and various broken down minerals. Sand is always just completely eroded stone.

Your Bruce Lee is a dead faggot.

Some people enjoy coming up with fantastical notions and some people enjoy poking holes in those fantastical notions, get over it you autist.

>and some people enjoy poking holes in those fantastical notions

samkriss.wordpress.com/2016/03/14/neil-degrasse-tyson-pedantry-in-space/

>Neil deGrasse Tyson is, supposedly, an educator and a populariser of science; it’s his job to excite people about the mysteries of the universe, communicate information, and correct popular misconceptions. This is a noble, arduous, and thankless job, which might be why he doesn’t do it. What he actually does is make the universe boring, tell people things that they already know, and dispel misconceptions that nobody actually holds. In his TV appearances, puppeted by an invisible army of scriptwriters, this tendency is barely held in check, but in his lectures or on the internet it’s torrential; a seeping flood of grey goo, paring down the world to its driest, dullest, most colourless essentials.

> He likes to watch scifi films, and point out all the inaccuracies. Actually, lasers wouldn’t make any sound in space; actually a light year is a unit of space rather than time; actually, none of this is real, it’s just a collection of still images projected at speed to present the illusion of movement, and all the characters are just actors who have never really been into outer space... In a world that’s simply given, brute fact, any attempt to imagine it into an entirely different shape must be stamped out. Why? The subject-matter is cosmic and transcendental, the object-cause is petty and stupid.

>Neil deGrasse Tyson strides onto stage to say that actually the Earth orbits the sun, that actually living beings gain their traits through evolutionary processes, that actually your hand has five fingers, that actually cows go moo, that actually poo comes out your bum – and you are then supposed to think yes, I knew that, and imagine someone else, someone who didn’t know it already, some idiot, and think: I’m better than that person, I’m so much smarter than everyone else.

>I don't enjoy this thing THEREFORE NOBODY SHOULD!
You have autism.

All you fuckers are wrong.
Best element, coming through.

>militantly not enjoying things is good

I don't mind, to be honest.

We need to have guys who state the obvious because you'd be shocked how many people don't know the obvious.

For some people pointing out the flaws in a work of fiction is part of the way they enjoy it, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Stop generalizing so much.

I meant this in regards to NDT and "obvious" science, not people nitpicking fantasy shit, though.

And a handful of chumps that literally just got their powers could be organized into creating a tornado.

>skub
>anything but worst
pick one

Well, it's part of the Illidan questline in Legion, but Uber Town is probably just meant to be a chuckle-worthy stand-in for whatever ragtag group of adventurers "actually" did it, and also an opportunity to bring back one of the greatest NPCs Blizzard ever created.
he's AFK for the entire fight

I liked his naming rights speech. For yet another Creationism Is Bullshit speech it went to some pretty interesting places.

>For some people pointing out the flaws in a work of fiction is part of the way they enjoy it, the two aren't mutually exclusive. Stop generalizing so much.
Were it not for the Flumphs and Modrons reference, I wouldn't be too sure he was enjoying himself.

Dat feel when you never had to show your tiny chicken legs because they were hidden under lava until one humiliating day they forced you out. Then after being beaten they wanted to put you into a wheelchair.

> youtube.com/watch?v=CEdOqYEwcT8

> Not posting superior shit demon

> en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belphegor

> Not worshiping the incarnation of Baal-Peor who became attached to the Isrealites and turned into Belphegor at Shittim and you worship by shitting.

The English word shitting is completely unrelated, BTW, to Shittim.

Ponk is Love, Ponk is Life.