WITNESS YOUR DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM edition

WITNESS YOUR DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM edition.

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>Previous Thread:

Which of the following Dreadnought weapons would you say is the most Chaos-y?
>Lascannon
>Plasma cannon
>Hurricane Bolter
>Autocannon
Got a conversion job coming up in a while, and those are the weapons I have to choose from unless I want to truly scratchbuild something (Autocannon is just Lascannon with the barrel ends changed, and maybe some ammo drums added)

Hurricane bolter made from absorbed bolters melded together by chaos flesh.

That'd actually be kind of cool. Just put a bunch of greenstuff or something organic looking in between the bolters and paint it up.

I just realized
>Missile launcher
>Siege Drill
and
>Heavy flamer
are also options.

What's a good and cheapish plastic glue to use?

Revell Contacta Professional. Accept no substitutes.

Testor's plastic glue, also comes with a thin tip for precision and a thin metal wire to clear the tube if it gets gummed up.

I'ma just leave this here for you guys.

Got my AoP board primed, gotta wait till friday to pick up paints to work on it

What that story taught me was that that pottery teacher was a complete fucking moron and should be executed. What kind of idiot fails to properly teach half their students just to prove a point? Women.

I asked this in the other thread, but still - how do I go about getting this shade of purple on the robes and chitin?

This is bullshit, though. If you have no idea what you're doing, it doesn't matter how much you practice.

Actually the teacher was male, it became a famous law suit.

It also says that it's better to slap paint into models over and over than it is to watch never have touched painting, watch 100 Ways To Become A Golden Daemon Painter, and then have your first model be your entry.

ayyylmao

Speaking of getin' gud by painting a million models, if I remember right there is a huge fucking tyranid army box on amazon for like 150 buckaroonies, it's damn close to a hundred minis. Might be a good choice for getting skilled in painting, seeing as there are people on this board who throw away that much money for a knight just to cut off the chainblade and stick on a sheet of plasticard.

Superglue brand superglue gel. (Look for the green cap)

Bonds plastics, metals, resins, and even finecast without bonding drastically to your skin. (Other superglues are DESIGNED to bond oils, including GW's and Zap-A-Gap, which is why it sucks to have to remove those from your skin)

Comes in multipacks of small tubes, which are far easier to handle and control flow than large bottles.

Did I mention that these multipacks generally sell for $1?

The glue doesn't crystallize in the same way other superglues do, so overflow is far easier to clean up on a model. You can easily swipe it with a bit of paper towel, and when that area dries it leave a fog that's rubbed-off instead of a gritty scab area.

Shill

This. Precise and perfect.
Also it smells so damn good. I'm always tempted to go full Charlie Kelly on it.

Anyone have cool paint scheme ideas for Khorne Daemonkin Marines that aren't Red/Brass/Gold?

Nice. What did you use for that ground texture?

Naked golden men. So oily and gold. Mmmm.

The robes look like Xereus Purple highlighted with Pink Horror, I can't really tell what the very fine highlights are, the almost look yellow.

For the chitin, Naggaroth night up to Pink Horror I guess.

shit those sculpts look so fucking bad

thank you, I'll give it a try.

new thread? or what is this?

New thread. Old one was about to 404.

Try Screamer Pink first, Pink Horror might be a little too much

well, blood ravens drop pod guy here.

I still have to paint the flat surcases with bleach bone, then, fucking detail the shit out of it, then fucking blood raven transfers and the door borders.

I wish rhino rush was still a thing because I think rhinos are easier to do than mass drop pod. But Blood ravens love to steehl reen so, ere we go.

Post some other Blood Ravens plz.

Asked in the last thread
What's a good colour scheme from the usual khorne red and brass for berzerkers, I was thinking white and warplock bronze

Nice model but too big for Berzerkers with 1Ws.

He's the champion so all the others will be normal sized

Why is Veeky Forums so homophobic over Blood Angel aesthetics? It's just armor.

WIP? or the ones that I am currently painting?
After this drop pod I will either do devastators with gravs or another drop pod.

Oh and finish a librarian.

What is "homophobic" about liking golden super men in suits?

Also disliking gay people is not "homophobic".
It's just not liking gay people or are you "phobic" about everything you dislike? Even redneck Trump voters aren't afraid of gays. They just dislike them.

Learn to use words correctly you mongs.

Spackle mixed with various bits of sand and pebbles, and some agrellan earth.

Here's the building, I tried to give the effect like it had been flooded.

Not all Trump voters are rednecks, user. Many are just stupid.

Learn to use a dictionary you retard. A phobia is an aversion not necessarily about fear, and second the literal definition of homophobia is a dislike of homosexual people. I know this might be over your head since you're either mentally handicapped or 12 and I'm probably wasting my time, but don't speak if you're too stupid to even understand English.

>those sandbags in front of the door
>"That should keep the heretics out."

The heretics, their senses dulled from chems, will trip on the bags and impale themselves upon your bayonets. Its all there in the primer, guardsman.

It's to stop the draft.

I think I'm done with the korvydae fellow.

Switching his (admitedly awesome) head for a Beakie was a great decision, in the end.

Have I mentioned how tall he is? like one head and a half taller than an IG trooper

The idea you were going for is cool but it really looks sloppy as fuck, sorry dude.

That's my conclusion on the miniature too, no need to apologize.

After I get the hang of the paintscheme for the raven guard I'll strip him and try again.

>wip not anywhere in the title

Whose clever idea was this

Are you new to painting? If so, just keep practicing on stray models first, so you don't have to strip and reapply multiple times

I know, hence the better thread:

new to painting space marines, really. I went for some techniques I haven't the hang of yet, and it shows.

I can do simpler things reasonably better, pic hopefully related

Lovely stripes.

They're actually good. You could try weathering them, particularly the bolters. The red really draws the eye. Maybe hitting it with another nuln wash to add some grime and bring the color down, then highlight again.

Otherwise I would be pretty proud of myself

>no copypasta
>shitty thread pic
>mumak namefag

>better

kys.

Just finished some plague marines, got an imperial knight still in the box, that I'm not sure if I want to add to my tiny DA army or my CSM army. I'm thinking about making it a fucked up kamen rider W looking one half dark angels other crimson slaughter definitely gonna magnatize.....thoughts

Whats the best dip wash thing for mass painting Nids?

Whats the best dip wash thing for mass painting Nids?

Nice double post.
Here is a guide an user gave.

And here is that guy's pic related.

How the fuck did i even manage to double post. Time to commit sudoku. Thanks for the image though.

Don't sweat it too much you'll get there. White is a pain anyway.

Why have you made the water mark lighter? Flood lines, especially on stone work, are usually darker (due to the mud and effluence in the flood water). With it lighter like that it looks more like a salt build up

so it's platemail silver on black/grey with a badly applied blob of red paint?
strip them and start over dude.

also: the bases aren't finished.

feel kinda sorry for the knight.

sorry for being an asshole here but it's just bad.

Gee, two WIP threads. Neat.

Looking for input on a color scheme for my accidentally-acquired Tau. I'm leaning toward the red, but also like the others. I'm trying to stick with just paints I own; no orange, yellow, or purple available right now. Most metallics are though. Thoughts?

Hey wip I need some advice, myq tyranis have light green flesh dark green carapaces and gray claws weapons

Working on GSC is there a way to not let my cultists look seasick

Post the nids so it's easier to figure out the shades, maybe use a light blue to go with the greens

1000p Death Guard guy here. Okay, the base layers are finally done. Looks pretty shitty at this point, but the magic is about to happen.

Looks lazy desu. But it's nurgle, so what doesn it matter. Right? The knight sounds intresting, but why would the DA even come close to that? They're not exactly known for being tolerant towards heretics.

Simple and neat. I like it!

All work pretty good, as far as i'm concerned. I'd go for the blue one because it's easier to handle than red and stands out better than green.

Honestly I don't think you're being an asshole.

I've seen too many people butcher too many models with fucking awful paint jobs and wips, for "strip it and start again" to seem unreasonable.

There's a reason my model gore folder has over one thousand images in it.

>Looks lazy desu. But it's nurgle, so what doesn it matter. Right?

Wrong.

Kill yourself

The joke here being that i, too, paint up a nurgle army and spend quite a lot of my free time to make it look as good as possible.

Sorry for aiming too high.

>b-but it's a joke user
>I was only pretending to be retarded

Awww, looks like someone is a litte butthurt.

Better follow that kind user's advice. Trust me, it's better for everyone involved.

I have another idea. How about you give some actual advice instead of just making smug jokes?

>calling other people's work shit.
>posting shit work yourself.
idk if this is trolling or if you are really this fucking dumb.

Finished up my test model for my Ironjawz Skybasha clan. What do you guys think? It's between these guys or the GW red with yellow flames scheme. The base is just bare minimum to call it done. Future guys will have more elaborate bases.

That is super clean mate, really nice...albeit I feel orks should be dirty and grungy...doesn't stop it being a nice paint job

Kinda plain, but it's definitely a clean paintjob.

'e's a Shiny Git! Rarest of 'em all!

Good painting though.

>thicc

Don't just layer up bleached bone, or any other whitish colour, on top of black. You'll have to do a bajillion layers, and the result will be chalky and thick.

There are lots of midtone paints which have far better coverage, you should put one of those down first, snd then do another layer on top. There are ones designed for the very job itself, or paint-on primers, lots of options. I use a Vallejo colour called sky grey, a light grey which seems to give me more-or-less perfect coverage in a single coat (another colour of theirs called tan earth is similarly effective for warmer shades). White then goes over that easily. Bish, bash, bosh - tidy whites in a couple of coats.

>Don't just layer up bleached bone, or any other whitish colour, on top of black. You'll have to do a bajillion layers, and the result will be chalky and thick.
Get gud

>Phobia
>a persistent FEAR of an object or situation
where the fuck does it say anything about dislike?

But I am pretty gud? Putting 50 layers of white straight onto black is moronic when you can just put down one layer of grey and one layer of white for the same coverage.

>I'd go for the blue one because it's easier to handle than red

How so? I've been painting red for a while with no problems.

Well that works too, since the idea is it was flooded by seawater

What seriously makes you think I did not put Khemri brown first?
Do you honestly take me for the fool kind that puts a contrast paint on top of another?

Vallejo paints are too liquid, and when it comes to flat sources its a hassel.

Well, i mostly worked on blue by choice, because it seemed always much easier to me to give it both depth and sharpness. So it mostly comes down to personal choice. Like i said, i think that both red and blue will look great.

The first two enkindled gentlemen are finished. They are a bit fuzzy, I forgot that Army Painter white spray is not to be used (again). But it's alright, it can pass as velvet/rust.

Damn, those sculpts are lovely. Why do none of the chink recasters do Necromunda/Confrontation recasts?

While very clean its a little too flat. Almost like just a basecoat and washed. Skin could use some highlight.

My personal opinion is that the armor should be darker like a black iron then highlighted or drybrushed on that bright silver.

Some Wyrdane Psykers for a psykana division im priming later. Made them out of Empire Flagellants and Imperial guard bits

Sorry for the phone quality and the shitty lightbox.

First tiem ive done greenstuff fire effects, do they look passable?

Loving those guys and the guy with the scroll. Fire is a little iffy. I've seen the paint on water effect stuff used to great effect for making flames by slowly applying it. Maybe remove the melee weapons and guns since the psykers aren't trusted enough to equip with weapons that might be used against those in command

Wyrdane Psykers come with Laspistols and a Close Combat Weapon stock, so i tried to give a couple of them the wargear.
I looked around for a few fire effects but i couldnt find anything that great. do you have any recommendations?

How's this?

>pile of hair holding an axe.jpg

Isn't that the very definition of a Dwarf?

Necromunda kits are always hard to come by, and quite expensive if you do. They probably don't think it's worth it for a "dead" game. Let's hope GW can revive it in an orderly fashion.