Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Has your party ever gone to one of the elemental planes?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest (ends next monday so check it out): docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, but they did go to the Plane of Shadow to purify a school.

Not Pathfinder, but I was in a MAID game last week where our master is basically not!Odin and we are not!Valkyrie-maids. He sent us to tidy up the Elemental Plane of Dust and to slaughter an army of dust bunnies that were breeding so quickly they were threatening the human world.

Is an average of 21 damage vs AC 22 at 8th level decent for a monk? Unarmed, no magic items included, power attack already taken into account.

21 damage per round? At level 8? No that's garbage and you should feel ashamed of yourself.

Anyone here play the Giantslayer AP?
Any good?

I'm going to tell you what I tell everyone else.

It's okay.

So for an Ecclesitheurge/Monk multiclass, how far should I dip in monk? Was thinking around 2 since the loss in CL can be patched with Magical Knack, but would any of those bonus feats besides Dodge benefit me much? Then again Evasion's pretty handy.

I want my primary domain to be Fire, but I'm pretty uncertain about what secondary to take. It doesn't matter all that much spell-wise since I can swap those whenever, so I'm thinking more about the abilities in this case. Maybe Feather for a Roc companion...

Any feat suggestions are also appreciated (figuring out whether to be more fist-focused or metamagic/whatever with spells so I'm open to whatever), no 3pp by the way.

My group started a campaign where the plan was to be planeswalkers using some kind of DeLorean-like plane travel device (expends a rare resource upon usage) Only played one session though before we separated for the school semester.

Also, I bought the Emerald Spire book and was reading through it- can anyone who's finished tell me if I would be alright just throwing out all the Fort Inevitable stuff?

I forgot to mention, unless there's a good archetype that'd mesh well, should I go regular or Unchained Monk? Saves aren't as good but the BAB's better.

>Str 20
>1d10 unarmed monk damage
>Power attack +6/-3
>Trait +1
>Total damage: 1d10+6+5+1
>+13 to hit
>FoB 10/10/5 when power attacking
>Elbow smash adds a possibility of one extra attack
How do I improve, user?

Malefex Check-In (Playtest Document Here: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

My apologies for my absence here folks. I'm still going to get to the latest set of feedback Soon(tm) - real life has been busy - but we're still looking for critique on the new malefactions, the two new knocks, the new archetype, and anything else that catches your eye.

Upcoming:

- Considering changing Bad Penny's second selection to upgrade to pennies equal to your Wis modifier + the original 1.
- Curling up in a corner to cry and pray for death I MEAN WRITING FAVORED CLASS BONUSES
- An anti-fey/demon themed archetype

Thank you for your patience.

You could dip for 2 level of sensei to get WIS to attack and inspire courage.

Dragon Style and Dragon Ferocity.

Why are you not using Flurry of Blows to make a 3rd attack? Why are you not spending a point of Ki to make a 4th attack? If you took Elbow Smash instead of Flying Kick I'd have to ask you why you did that, but at the least why are you not using your Elbow Smash to get a 5th attack?

Things to consider:

>Magic items (Amulet of Mighty Fists, Monk's Robe, Belt of Giant Strength, etc.)
>Dragon Style+Ferocity
>Spending 1 ki to gain an additional attack on a flurry

Linnorm Style for Wis to damage?

>Why are you not using Flurry of Blows to make a 3rd attack?
I'm, see 10/10/5 with PA (-3), three attacks.
>Why are you not spending a point of Ki to make a 4th attack?
Didn't count the possible extra attack from spending ki because I only have 7 ki points, that's 7 extra attacks a day, that's not very reliable to take it into account.
>why are you not using your Elbow Smash to get a 5th attack?
I'm, already taken into account in the 21 damage per turn vs AC 22.

So, three year campaign may be coming to a head soon.

The setting has gotten far out of hand, but has taken the players from levels 5 to 16 and through a great deal of adventures. They managed to redeem the Kobold race, two of the PCs got enough mythic ranks to become gods, they saved the nation (against their will), and more.

The players are in what is called Goblin Town (Actually named Turgut's Seat), a literal city of the gods. It's leaders are six goblinoid deities, who forced their way to the top in stark defiance. They actually have one of each alignment for the entire left side of the chart (no chaotic ones), and all have the cooperation domain.

Essentially throughout the campaign what has been happening is these goblinoids have been gathering strength and deities to their side. These include the two PCs, a friend of theirs, the Drow pantheon, the Archfey (or at least part of it), another fey lord, several legions of devils, and other mortals turned deities. This has amounted to 46 total deities in the city.

The group consisting of Drow/Goblinoids/Fey/Kobolds/Illithids/Devils/Duegar/Troglodytes/Orcs/Giants are referred to as the Free People.

The plan is for the final confrontation is going to be seizing the means of deification, which is held by CG deities.

Honestly at this point I just don't know any more. I just can't wait for shouts of "Hark, the Elder Brain has arrived, we're saved." and a Lord of the Rings moment where instead of elves showing up it's Devils. Plus increasingly more confused CG gods about the shouts of "The Free People will not be silenced by their tyranny".

So is LE rag tag civilization invading CG outer plane a good way to end a campaign?

I just might, though if I'm losing flurry of blows I'm not sure what I should use instead. The DM had me roll for stats, and while there's a few alright ones (17,16,12,12), I've got a pair of poor rolls too (7,9). I need to figure out the exact way I'm spreading those.

Alrighty, let's get this show on the road.

First off the Table of Contents. Anything people want to see from this book in particular?

Do they have the elemental lords statted?

Didn't consider magic items yet because GM is going to roll my wpl and see what I get, and then I'll sell what is useless and I dunno how much money I'm going to get at the end.

>Linnorm style
Do you have a link on that feat? I know Dragon Style but I can't find Linnorm style in d20pfsrd

As for Styles I also have to be careful with them, I was thinking on Snake or Panther already

They have a single Elemental Lord statted: Ymeri, The Queen of the Inferno.

Are all the spells in one place? Only really interested in those.

How long is the Bestiary for this book? I'd love to see some new monsters to throw at my party.

I can do one better. It's from Legacy of Dragons.

Are there any archetypes?

... we may as well start with what they've done to kineticists this time.

will it be too obvious to even be a proper trap like overwhleming soul?

will it almost be okay?

will I end my sentences with question marks?

There's actually not much in the way of spells, just Janni's Jaunt there.

Only one?
No Cagnazzo or Scarmiglione?

booooring

I like water.

>Add Wis instead of Str
Sorry, but I prefer my Str 20 rather than my Wis 16. Thanks anyway, maybe for another char.

What the fuck is that.

No seriously, the everloving fuck is that? That's the kind of [whatever]taur you'd see on Furaffinity.

Big boss queen of fire elementals and she's NOT EVEN A FUCKING ELEMENTAL.

GIVE ME THE ROGUE STUFF

It's got 8 monsters, not including Ymeri and the Element-Infested Creature template. I'll post those in a second.

I already posted some of the archetype and class stuff here but this is the rest of it. Got some domains, an unsurprisingly bad Kineticist archetype (which at least makes single-element better by a bit) and new stuff for Rogues and Barbarians.

Also
>When raging, the barbarian emanates a 5-foot aura of radioactivity.

>Planar travel is now possible at level 7 instead of 9

Neat

Alright, fist up we have monsters.

I took improved familiar, for a lyrakien azata. Which I'm quite pleased with so far.

But the tiny bitch has 20 cha, which gets me to thinking. Aside from the penalty for being tiny sized, there's really no reason she couldn't be intimidating the crap out of something each turn I can't find something more important for her to do.

A maiden's helm for +5 to intimidate is quite affordable, as is a circlet of persuasion.

What else can I do to make my enemies HEY LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!?

The new kineticist archetype is trash, it's already in the guide (I have a subscriber who shares with me kineticist content when it hits so I can include it in the guide), and it's an unfocused hodgepodge of features that doesn't feel like they belong to the same archetype.

>fist up
I mean, I guess that's appropriate for monsters. In different senses, depending on your feelings about naked smoke women.

That looks rather suicidal for minimum benefit.

You know what you need to do Jolly? You need to go out to Pazio's headquarters and smack each and every single employee there on the back of the head.

Skipping Ymeri (for those of you with short memories, look here ) so on to the Element-Infested Creature.

Hey look, giant enemy crab!

Oh hello crystal porcupines. Back from Dark Souls to torment me again?

>Porcupine with crystals on its back
>mfw I just suffered through the DS2 DLC that had those motherfuckers in it
>mfw they're in PF now

FUCK YOU LITTLE SPINY PIECES OF SHIT YOU WERE WORSE THAN THE WHEEL SKELETONS

QANON, EAT YOUR HEART OUT.

>No support for the Void Elemental School
Aww, that one is my favorite.

>Onkushu
>Angry-faced firebean with wings.

I guess the green elemental ghosts are apparently chill? They look like they should be super evil, but no, chill apparently.

And just to finish it off. Next up, Water!

Should I gestalt a Battle Host Occultist with a Bladebound/Hexcrafter Magus?

Underthesea.jpg

Normally Sahuagin kind of look derpy, but this guy looks pretty boss all things considered.

Didn't Ymeri usurp the lordship from the actual lord of the Fire elementals?

Forest of Oils sounds like a neat place to visit.

So Phantom's Ebb seems like a pretty cool place to explore.

>Hear through past threads about that feat
>Everybody mentions it as an additive to damage
>Doesn't add damage
It was a meme and I didn't know?

And finally Vialesk, a big old city in the sea.

I kind of want one of those jellyfish as a familiar.

UNKINDLED ONE, NOT WORTHY OF BEING EVEN CINDER.

How would you all feel if you were in a game where the DM house ruled that all boss encounters had a built in itinerary surge effect. (Like the intent of that maneuver, not the end condition: sun effect)
Would the casters get upset?

The Onkushu is a real human being.

But is it a real gyro?

>By taking this archetype you get to take 1 burn that cannot be reduced in any way in order to use ONE (still paying for it fully) infusion you would normally have been allowed to use had you taken a different archetype and not been locked in this way. In exchange you're stuck with just that element instead of two, oh and also your buffer's worse.

>Earth gets a creepy radiation-ghost.
>Water gets a six-eyed, unhappy frog
>Fire gets a weird angry old man face with wings
>Air gets a cute waifu.

Why is air always the best element?

Let's find out together

So one thing about the plane of fire is that the women are all hot

I mean, still hot. Just... don't look down.

Obviously because she's a big strong furry who don't need no man. or something.

Seriously tough what the fuck is that supposed to be.

Also

>Limitless Fire
>3/day

Personally not that high up on the hot list, but still would bang.

Because earth is too grounded, water is a wet blanket, and fire is just way too hotheaded.

>The text implies aliens and future civilizations travel to the Plane of Fire for fuel

"she" is angry. angry about elves.

>is that guy's house burning or is it supposed to be on fire?
>both

>More fire ladies
>STILL JUST RED PEOPLE

GOD
DAMNIT.

GIVE ME FIRE WAIFUS. OR HUSBANDOS, FIRE HUSBANDOS WOULD BE FINE TOO.

Is it from japanese history?

Attack it's weak point for massive damage

>Ragathiel is Ferronia's only known son
>Her only known son is the child of a Devil

What did Paizo mean by this?

Ay, this here demon worm burrows at a rate of 10ft a second.

Let's draw it with a massive rack! Surely that will aid it in it's tunneling work.

Well, since we're going backwards...

Actually, you know what this reminds me of? Did anyone else read the Death Gate Cycle books? This kind of looks like how I imagine the the necropolis on Abarrach looks.

Swanky armor, that hair looks dumb.

Citrinide is a gigantic-scale version of Survivor.

Yeah, well you look dumb.

I have no idea what the fuck that thing is, nor do I want to know.

And finally a big ol' city in the cave. It's kind of like Petra, but with people in it.

>Plane of Fire
>Everyone's named and themed after Arabs, and evil

Uhh, racist much?

Now Air. Anyone have an idea as to what's even going on in this image?

Looks like Sky Pirates, user.

I guess that's the dragon Neghemelu that's listed there? Seems like a pretty cool guy.

I mostly meant why the monk iconic is holding a hammer charged with electricity and is either falling off of or flying alongside an airship.

And again Air proving itself the best with a waifu who took levels in Swashbuckler

It's a Xorn. They are frequently summoned to work as excavators, minors, artisans, gem-cutters and prostitutes.

Hey look, the Ice King.

>Metal spheres dot the landscape, possibly containing gods

Do you C'tan?

Oh, that thing that makes the robe? That's more reasonab-
>prostitutes
u srs?

That's a pretty fucking cool palace, I'd live there.

>The Glass Pit
>Fire theme'd restaurant.
Nice

That... she... fucked a devil?

>That
>a waifu

She's an ugly stick with poofy clothes, that's hardly waifu material

>Do you C'tan?
You think you're hot shit, don't you?

And finally the intro section