Warhammer 40k general

Zero effort edition.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9781444361506.wbiems159/abstract?file=genestealercult.2016.scanned.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for somebody actually thinks taking a Cadian Battle Group is a good use of the Cadian Supplement Formations, and then complains about the size of the core choices.

does anyone have a file of all the GsC leaks?
I'm trying to get them in order
>and my nid boner
Flyrants and Genestealers, what else could you want?

walktyrants and guard are cooler than flyrants

Rak'Gol codex when?

I think I'm retarded but how do I build 5 raptors from Crimson Slaughter? Instructions only provide for 3 and also ask for the same piece to be used twice

>hvy venom cannon
I mean I like Swarmlord and pals that inControl runs
If there was a delivery system for swarmlord and guard, would be the best

>Ohh shit you mean guard like IMPERIAL guard not tyrant guard
I guess its cooler but walkrants are so bad compared to flyrants

When does the digital codex come out?

They will get the same melt into the shadows rule as the GSC but they can do it as an assault move as well.

why aren't they just a kind of Tyranid?
I mean I get the lore differences and they are legitimate
but they both take the same general archetype of sci-fi design
>I wish nids looked a little more Rak'gol

What do you guys think about the Steel Confessors?

There's not much out there, true, but the bits I've found have been pretty damn fascinating. The secret creation, fight against the Tyranids (machine vs monster was a cool thing), all very interesting.

Your thoughts for a penny?

If you're actually asking, idk. If you're rhetorically answering me, I mean I've seen the links. back when the deathwatch shit was being leaked everything was posted in every general for like 3 days

I made the initial mistake of assembling my first hive tyrant as a Swarmlord instead of a flyrant with devourers. I'd probably win more with the flyrant, but there's something super satisfying about running the Swarmlord with some tyrant guard and just BULLDOZING whatever he gets into combat with.

Jesus Christ is it expensive, though.

dey kool

Been thinking of a replacement to the Ork's shitty leadership rule:

Mob Rule

Add up the number of wounds in a unit of Orks, minus 5. This is the Mob Rule number. The Mob Rule number can be used in place of the unit’s normal leadership value for the purpose of any leadership test. If the number is more than 10, the unit have the Fearless special rule. If the number is 20 or more, the unit have Feel No Pain (6+), stacking with other Feel No Pain. Add an additional +1 to Feel No Pain for each successive 10 after 20 in the Mob Rule number. Feel No Pain cannot go beyond 2+ in this way.

The Ork unit add +1 to their Mob Rule number for every 5 shots they fire in the Shooting Phase against a valid target within range (even if said target cannot be wounded/glanced), until the start of their next Shooting Phase. Some weapons count as two shots for each single shot, such as the Rokkit Launcha. These weapons will be marked by the ‘Lookz Good’ special rule. Weapons mounted on a vehicle that an Ork unit are embarked on count towards this.

If a vehicle that an Ork unit is embarked on makes a Flat Out move, add +1 to the unit’s Mob Rule number for each inch that the vehicle moved, measured from where the vehicle started the move. This modifier lasts until the start of your next Shooting Phase.

Wounds and shots made by Grots or Squigs do not contribute to the Mob Rule number.

(So basically, the bigger, faster and more shooty an Ork unit is, the more deadly they are)

whats that like a turn 4 charge?
sounds satisfying
>60 TL s6 shots per turn on a 24"moving 360 degree shooting platform
5 flyrants feels so good
so god damn good

So I'm a noob to WH40K (and tabletop games in general) but I really want to get into it because of the space wolves and name an army of them, how would I go about it?

Orks needed to be more boring to play

less busywork needed

>Zero effort edition
Which one was that?

Furfag McYiffshit

Why no nid 7th?

>Newfag thinblood nids talking about shooting platforms
These kids have no idea how proper Tyranids are supposed to play.

Back in my day we were the most feared assault army in the game for good reason and that's just how we liked it. This Flyrant meme is going to die with the next Codex and God I cannot wait for that day

Until then I'll get by on my now properly fairly statted genestealers.

?

So I've got 6 full units of Ork Kommandos cos I'm a crazy blood axe boss.

I'm going to use the GsC rules to run them.

Do you think anyone would object?

Look on the GW store for the Start Collecting! box for space wolves. Those boxes, while varying in usefulness between armies, are by far the best values you can get when buying 40k figures, and are a good entry point. Past that, you'll just need some sprue cutters, plastic/super glue, a couple brushes, and the paint.

Learning to paint, if you haven't done minis before, can be a little bit of a learning process, but there are plenty of guides out there to help you.

Good things come to those who footslog.

nope. I wouldn't

sounds radical. Which units would proxy as what?

Oh boy, I really can't wait for the inevitable flood of "No, no, this Codex REALLY represents my army better than my actual Codex does. It's got nothing to do with it being newer and more powerful. Really. Honest." posters jumping on the bandwagon.

Leman Russ simply arrests Magnus instead of wrecking Prospero and the Thousand Son's shit for no real reason other than being a retard

What changes in the lore.

>memelord
nah
scything talons and a sword+whip

fuck powercreep, even if the new tyrant guard are fucking beautiful there is literally no reason to ever take them

mfw GSC are going to kick the shit out of Eldar

Can anyone identify the chapter of this dude?

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9781444361506.wbiems159/abstract?file=genestealercult.2016.scanned.pdf

I prefer my version:

All ork units are fearless so long as X number of wounds AND/OR hull points worth of models is within Y inches of the unit. X and Y to be decided upon balancing the faction.

mortifactors

I think the patriarch would be my Kommando warboss, the magus would be my weirdboy and their familars would be squigs or Grots.

The goliath could be a trukk or wagon or looted wagon.

I'm not sure about which unit best represents Kommando boys, but the cult ambush rules are perfect.

The add d6 when the return from ongoing reserves is the blood axes running away and coming back with more boys

hey man I want to run 46 genestealers and warrior primes too
but when you have to play all the 40k formation bullshit and basically counter it by just taking advantage of the brb unit types

I've grown to start liking the salt, fuck it I guess
>star playing kill team HoR its a better game
>>playing a broodlord 9 genestealers at 200 points, so good

no they don't
you get shot off the table if you're playin anyone who can build a 7e list
>why make a "for fun" list and only get to play 2.5 turns because you get tabled every game? that doesn't sound fun for anyone

To be fair GSC and orkz both have very similar themes and orkz have a garbage unfun codex.

Too longwinded. Rules have to be simple to be effective.

But these Genestealer Cultists REALLY DO represent my elite Leman Russ army better than the IG codex!

Well, they would if I didn't have the Emp's Fist company with two maxed-out techpriests. Besides, GSC can't make 5-12 Leman Russes FLAT OUT FOR 12+D6 MOVEMENT!

The miniwargaming youtube channel just uploaded a discussion on the Start Collecting: Space Wolves box. I would recommend you watch that and get that box. Also look at 1D4Chan Space Wolves tactics page.

Also, you're a fucking furry.

>FLAT OUT FOR 12+D6 MOVEMENT!
How? I can only order my tanks to go 6+D6 after a leadership test.

Just kidding about the footslogging, man. It's just something I do for fun nowadays in casual games vs. my friends.

The swarmlord is pretty interesting, at least, with his ML3 and the bonus to reserve rolls, but obviously not as competitive as a flyrant.

Thousand Sons join the loyalists, and Magnus + Emps mind fuck Horus together before anything terrible can happen?

Combined in one turn: You get 6 inches in movement and then an additional 6+D6 movement.

It's not very practical for much, but I've used it to frustrate a player running CM-Smashfucker sans-bike (he ran out of points) by using this order plus liberal use of difficult terrain to put distance between myself and him.

inControl would beg to differ
>confer PE to 1 unit in 18" radius
>>to your barbed heirodule

Oh that makes more sense.

Yeah I haven't found much of a reason to use that order much unless there's something I can actually out run in a heavy tank that didn't get shot down.

Reminds me of Gremlins...

So my two mates I play with just picked up a flytant army and some necron croissants respectively. Weve never used flyers until now and my AM force is 90% pieplates. Whats a good AM anti air besides $60 Hydras?

Holy shit you can field a fuck ton of Chaos Cultists for pittance
A unit of 20 is like 100 points what the fuck

Get some thunderbolts

hiveguard work, its just that theres better alternatives

Not familiar with them. Care to explain what they are?

hive guard work
tyrant guard to not

>A unit of 20 is like 100 points what the fuck

You get what you pay for.

It's basically a last minute Objective Capping Ability. But even then it has to be against something that isn't infantry. It would be much more useful if you could use it to tank shock in the shooting phase, for a 12-18" Strength 10 ram attack! But nope. Just a repositioning tool.

LOL! Your cultists still can't outhorde our conscripts! 3 ppm motherfuckers!

space hellcats, forgeworld model

Those are incredibly cool also twice as much as a Hydra

I'm doing an Inquisitional Army of Militarum Tempestus Scions, Crusaders, Malleus Inquisitor, and Jokaero right now, but I want to add another detachment to round the army out a bit more. I'm torn between SoB or Cult Mechanicus/Skitarii.

This meme. I like it.

But I don't have a heirodule D:

>there is literally no reason to ever take them
They can be interesting if you run them without a Tyrant. My opponents tend to overlook them when they advance on their own since they are usually seen just as extra wounds for the Tyrant

ooops misread that. my bad.

The new FAQ lets Tyrants leave their unit of Guard, so they can be used to help Tyrants survive alpha strikage and then be used as strong melee units.

Why would Neophyte Genestealers ever take a Chimera? If anything it makes them less effective than footslogging or using a minecart.

T6 and a 3+ really isn't that durable, though. Yeah they won't be instant death'd, but they only have two wounds despite being the size of dreadnoughts.

Give the Sisters their Glory Boys back.

you didn't ask for an option less expensive than the hydra, just other than it

Too similar to doom eagles and red knights or something like that.

Silver and white dont go well.

Silver with black pauldrons and red trim and logo would go miles better

How well would autocannon teams work in a pinch?

>despite being the size of dreadnoughts.
No they aren't

Rules are abstract representations of a fictious universe and its inhabitants. Get of your high horse, knob cheese

Well, the Silver and the Beige work well, but only when the green segregates them. Otherwise the blend together. So you could do that color scheme, so long as the knees, pauldrons, and any other Beige bits are outlined by green.

None of those are Grey Knights

Minecarts are open topped, Chimeras aren't. Also 12 front armor.

is there a digital version of warhamer 40k that isn't vidya garbage?

like a digital simulator of warhamer 40k?

Only the Truck is Open-Topped and the other one has 12 front.
I take it that Chimera has room for 10+ passengers?

Math it out. 2 Shots hitting 1/6th of the time means you have a 1 in 3 chance of hitting for each HWT you recruit. Each hit is strength 7 so assuming front armor 11-12, you have about a 1 in 6 chance of glancing/pinning a flyer per autocannon team.

A Command Exterminator can do a bit better: 4 shots twin-linked means at least 1 hit per shooting on average. But your paying a lot for the tanks in terms of points.

Really this is the problem with the Air units from a buyer's perspective: Either you buy a unit dedicated to killing it and suddenly you have purchased a product you only use in some, not all, Warhammer games for this army. Alternatively you don't buy it and are forced to spam heavy weapon snapshots at the enemy flyer. And as an IG, you better hope no one's running death from the skies because none of your aircraft can skyfire!

If there was GW would go out of business.
That said there are model packs for Table Top Simulator that cover the majority of the armies, but they all suck, with most of the assets coming form DoW and some really bad custom models.

They are. Have you not seen the new tyrant guard? Should I take a shitty late-night comparison shot?

The difference in height is a couple of millimeters, and thanks to their flaps they're almost as bulky.

>GW will never sponsor/develop an online 40k sim
>GW will never pack model boxes with redeemable codes for that unit
>You will never get to watch your dudes on the screen while you paint/build them

12 to be exact. Enough for 10 vets, a commissar, and one other character or 6 Ogryns.

that's a shame.

I imagine if someone made a digital simulator of the game with original armies, it will make mad dosh, right?

>or 6 Ogryns
not anymore, ogryn take up 3 slots each now because FUCK you

If a Detachment says 0-1 Command per core does that mean I don't need to add any of them?

Correct.

that is what the 0 in 0-1 means

The problem is that if they want to make money off of a 40k table top video game beyond the traditional $60 price point of a video game, they would have to charge people the same way they do now. Only instead of selling high-quality plastic models that actually exist in the real world, they would have to sell product keys for the same price for things that don't exist. Something hackers would have infinite of on day one, and something no real person would buy. If they charge only the $60 with no micro-transactions there would be no reason to play the actual table top game anymore, as every unit in the game is now free.
Either way its really bad for GW.

I figured out I may as well make an android version with original armies.

40k game seems perfect for a mobile microtransactions model.

I imagine something similar to LOL heroes could make dosh.

In any case, it's a golden oportunity for some indie game using tablets and phones online features.

I could see someone making a version for a college capstone project. It'd be cool to see the units not only animated, but with the rules coded into the game to avoid cheating. So if you moved infantry the game would lock you at 6" or less. If you had difficult terrain a little box on your UI would show the dice roll, and the results would automatically be applied to the board.

Shooting would be a blast as dice fly across the UI at the bottom of the screen and simultainiously all the units on the board fired their weapons.

You could pick which additions, supplements, and missions you wanted to use in the pre-battle screen.

Army Painter from DOW revamped so that you can paint your "general" army scheme, and then select individual units in your army to get deviant paint schemes to make them special or characters.

A map maker would be mandatory too.

>The difference in height is a couple of millimeters
So Dreadnoughts are little over 5 cm tall? I'm kinda disappointed to be honest

Well I guess it would be cheaper buying them en masse for both points and dollaroos than an aircraft. Flyers just feel kinda cheap desu and that still doesnt solve the flyrant problem.

I'm guessing then that you think nobody in this hobby actually likes modeling their armies? Because modeling armies in a computer even with army painter has nothing on a physical collection.

Flyrants are just aircraft but vulnerable to small arms. Oh, and they melee, which sucks for you.

they're both a tiny bit under 60mm, if you include a (non-scenic) base

It's less that dreadnoughts are small, and more that everything else is getting upscaled. The bulldog tyrant guard are pretty tiny and make sense at 2W, while the plastic ones are making the most of the new (at the time) 50mm base but have completely unchanged stats.

I would imagine that GW wouldn't like this as they would see is as the game cutting into physical model sales. Something they care about more than the game aspect.

Not even GW has data on who buys their models and for what reason. My assumption was that more people play the game for the game aspect and would forego the modeling for a more convenient way to play the game. And for clarification, I am against a 40k table top video game, as there is no real way to do it justice.

>while the plastic ones are making the most of the new (at the time) 50mm base but have completely unchanged stats.
Because it's a dual kit, Hive Guards stand upright while the old Tyrant Guards didn't

>Looking at Genestealers release longingly
>Have to save money so Im not getting onto them at the moment
>Get home to find a $5000 check for me

Sweet emperor give me strength

>Not even GW has data on who buys their models

Do people really believe this? That a company just doesn't seem to have any idea on how well their products sell? That GW just has absolutely NO fucking idea what the community is like?

Because that's a bunch of shit.

I'm the Kommando boss from before. I'll be getting some gene cult guys to run an actual army, but I just feel that the whole feel of the gsc rules really represents a blood axe.raid, shit you can even add human mercs (guard) in and be a proppa un-orky blood axe