Have you ever been part of a game that was basically just Star Wars?

Have you ever been part of a game that was basically just Star Wars?

well i have played the starwars rpg... so yes.

The FFG Star Wars RPGs are actually pretty fucking great.

I once made Fantasy Anakin Skywalker. I can do an archive binge to draw up references to when I wrote about him on Veeky Forums, or tell his story from the top.
But of course, Veeky Forums's gonna demand storytime, so I'll get to typing.

THIS IS JUDGE ZARGABAATH, CAPTAIN OF THE ALEXANDER

I ADDRESS ALL SHIPS IN RABANASTRE'S AIRSPACE

I am imagining Chewie in Fran's outfit and Fran in Chewie's outfit and can't stop laughing now.

Closest I've seen in a game was a character made the noise when manifesting a soulknife, so the DM had them pursued by a pitiful but persistent inevitable that kept yelling about copyright infringement.

I've never played a sci fi game without a han solo wannabe womanizer played by a fat nerd or morbidly skinny nerd who tries to fuck literally everything.

A long time ago, behind a computer screen far, far, away, I decided to join a 5th edition game.
I didn't know any of the other players at the time, but I rolled absurdly well for stats, so I decided to stick with it come hell or high water, just to see what would happen.
As I didn't know how influential and long-lasting the effects of the campaign would be, I decided to create a character based off of as many 'protagonist' tropes as I could stomach.
So of course he was a fighter whose signature color was red and he was trained by a master who was actually his father and he was a successful womanizer with a heart of gold.

I based him off of a mixture of Conan the Barbarian, Ike from Fire Emblem, Ringabel from Bravely Default, Valeros the Pathfinder iconic, Roy from OOTS, and Percivan from the 'Legends of' comic.
The resulting amalgam of 'character' made him a smarmy cunt to anyone he wasn't currently aligned with or trying to bang- but he's CG, so he got a pass because lolsoquirky.
The DM was pretty loose with restrictions on what the Noble background meant, so I ended up as a prince of some bumfuck nation based on the Mongols, but couldn't access the royal treasury et all because they sent me out into the wild to seek my fortune as an adventurer.
Remember that, it's going to be important later.

So we start off with my character (let's call him Fighter) riding into town and immediately going to the bar to try and chat up some chicks.
Wanton drunkenness and debauchery are two of his finest points, after all.
When he tries to pay for booze and finds some asshole in a red cloak steals the coin another guy's supposed to pay the bartender, he calmly requests the red-cloaked man hand it back over.
The bartender tries to signal to Fighter that this dude means buisiness, but Fighter ain't having none of That Shit and repeats his request.

This is when Fighter meets the LN monk (We shall call him Monk).
As it turns out, the coin in question was his.

Of course, the appropriate response to having a silver coin stolen from you in a fantasy medieval tavern is to immediately request the man who stole it fight you one-on-one outside.
So while Fighter is enjoying drink and hitting on the female elven Warlock (just to drive the point that he was both smashed and insufferable, 'Milady' entered the conversation), Monk is violently teaching the thief his personal understanding of human anatomy.

Then the thief's buddies start showing up, all in red cloaks- so much so that their organization could be known by the title.
A Barbarian, the Warlock, and Rogue take the Monk's side, but there are still a ton of foes.
Being a pretty smart dude, Fighter puts two and sword together to realize that Monk and the other misfits will need help, and with some hesitation aids the group that would become the party.
So then when they win, the Fighter starts feeling pretty good about himself, especially when the reward money trickles in.

After they clean up the town, the new party's met by an extremely powerful plot device cleric and DMPC paladin, who enchant one weapon each to be +1 and effective against evil.
Fighter picks his hereditary longsword (he was a sword and boarder) as his enchanted weapon of choice, and he's secretly squeeing on the inside at the chance to be a real hero.
Some exposition happens and it turns out these thugs are actually part of a CE cult of an evil goddess, and they need to be defeated because they're evil.
That's good enough for our party, and we head off to kill those guys because it's the Good™ thing to do.

This is where we meet our final longrunner, the Cleric, who is a female Dragonborn.
She was held captive in the cultists' fort (they had a fully-fledged fort nearby the town they were squeezing for resources), but the rest of us didn't know that in character.
We decide we need to get in somehow, and hatch a plan.

Bumping with a continuation.

Our plan turns out to be subduing the guards on one side of the wall, climbing that wall in a way that's out of view of the watchtowers, then silently taking out the watchtower guards and letting the rest of our party in.
Fighter and Monk are set to this task, and they quietly attack the guard on one of the far walls.
In the process, Monk happens to roll a critical hit, which the DM interpreted as him using his quarterstaff to decapitate the poor chump (probably by using leverage underneath the neck or something).

The following exchange follows, ironically spelling the first real friendship in the party, between Monk and Fighter:
>Fighter: What the hell? We just needed to knock him out, not brutally murder him!
>Monk: I didn't mean to do it on purpose.
>Fighter: How on earth do you accidentally decapitate someone? His blood is everywhere, man.
>Monk: It just sort of happened, okay?

After deciding the fatality wasn't worth breaking our plan up over, we climb the wall and rush the tower, the Monk silencing the guard we were in while Fighter tries to take out the closest tower over to prevent a raised alarm.
Alarm gets raised anyways, obviously, but we manage to get to the gate in time to open it and let the others in before we're overwhelmed.
It is at this point the Cleric joins the party, having escaped her prison cell after crushing the windpipes of two different guards.
The main party welcomes her aboard and the DMPC shows up, seemingly wanting us to earn our own way instead of babying us (which was great, because it made for less lecturing and DMPC posturing).

The DM was a nice guy, but a bit inexperienced and flighty, so when we ended up defeating another group of cultists, the (female, half-elf, max CHA) DMPC used a max-level smite and dropped the following line (approximately):
>DMPC: Are you going to just stand there stunned by my beauty?
Stunned, we gave a few half-assed responses before moving to the barrel room.

>*guard tower we were in

Ah, yes, the barrel room. Fun times. There was a caged black drake in one corner and barrels filled with some sort of meat in another.
And the cleric, who unbeknownst to us has been starving this whole time, decides to chow down here, of all places.
After a Constitution and Wisdom save, both of which fail, she goes nuts for a second and, upchucking the meat, attacks us in a frenzy.
It takes the group a few seconds to beat her back to sense, but ultimately we figure that it was a fluke and she's not secretly with the enemy.

Then we proceed to decide what to do with the drake, given that it has two eggs.
Determining that it is non-sentient and beyond attempting to tame given what it's been fed, it is killed and we take the eggs.
Only one of them is fertilized, we keep it safe, planning to tame the hatchling and keep it as a group mascot (It ended up escaping later and we forgot about it).

Once we start searching for anything else worth taking in the room, we hear a trap door in the room suddenly dropping in and displaying the ladder down.
Out comes a creepy vampire voice that nobody in the party trusts, inviting us into the darkness of a cultist's fort.

>Creepy Vampire: "I don't bite... Hard."

Fighter decides to put the evil meat barrels to use and places one right next to the trap door with intent to dump if something comes out, then helpfully suggests that perhaps our host should come up a floor instead.
However, the vampire kindly and infuriatingly refuses, so we are required to move downstairs to advance the plot.

When we get downstairs, we find this sketchy as shit dude who looks pretty much like the exact description of a vampire sans fangs.
He calls himself Lord Bloodmire, and claims he sees the future of the characters, should they switch sides to that of the cult.
Everyone gets an implausibly happy ending except for the Cleric, and, figuring he's lying, we refuse Count Dooku Lord Bloodmire's offer.

Last bump for now.

Fight ensures, Fighter sunders Bloodmire's polearm because Steel>Wood and the bastard picks up a +1 greatsword from right beside the miniature throne in the room he prophesied from.
Why he didn't start with that escapes me, but Fighter is trying to increase his threat as the rest of the group lays into this guy and the dick-ass cultists that suddenly apperar behind the group.
Bloodmire immediately attempts to do the opposite of what Fighter just did and sunder the longsword with his shiny new greatsword.
It's forced to make a save against breaking and thankfully succeeds, keeping the inherited weapon intact.

After Lord Notavampire is killed, the Warlock's backstory comes up, in reference to what she was tempted by.
Her family had been taken by an unseelie fey, and she was being forced to work for the unseelie to earn bail.
Everyone sympathizes with her, she promises to help the party, and they promise to trust her.
Remember that, it'll be important later.

So the party goes back to town and celebrates with downtime.
And what does the Fighter decide to do?
Only seduce the captain of the guard's daughter and knock her up with twins (natural 20, of course).

Now this is where things start to crank at full speed towards Skywalker territory.
Her father decides that Fighter's not a bad dude and asks him to marry his daughter (Bard).
Fighter agrees, he and Bard get married and act sickly sweet.

Whoops, turns out that Fighter's uncle is also a member of the cult, so Fighter and his new wife need to get a McGuffin and the other members of the party do a different sidequest.
Monk is searching for immortality serum instructions in the woods somewhere, and Fighter gets a neat amulet from his family.
It's supposed to have hidden magical power, and his uncle has the other. This makes it very valuable, so of course he's supposed to take it and defeat his uncle and take the other one.
The party is recruited for Quest: Kill My Uncle and moves out.

>custom dice

You can convert regular die user.

They have a chart for it.

The system is actually great, probably my favorite system to date.

>custom dice
>OR
>converting dice

no but I've considered running a game in Spira where one of the characters is a summoner and the rest are guardians of the summoner.

I'd have it take place long before yunas papa, probably have Baaj as an active temple. Possibly for Leviathan.
Classes based on FFX and FF in general.

As an alternative I'd have the FFX pilgrimage thing going on in a map of my own design which is just a mish mash of final fantasy locations.
So they could go to FF9 Alexandria, and get Alexander through its temple.

I return.

Party heads to a desert city (in the south, obviously), and Fighter and Bard get to know each other better.
Fighter doesn't like sand, because he's lived on the plains all his life and he's unfamiliar with the desert.
After arguing with the guards outside the wall about negotiating price to enter a city two weeks into the desert with no other water source, the group meets up with a helpful NPC who's an enemy of Fighter's uncle and decides to help the party.

He only agrees to do this if the Fighter joins his band of knights or something, though, so Fighter has to fight two battles, one against a single opponent and one against two opponents.
Fighter emerges successful and gets a tattoo, becoming what is effectively a law-enforcement officer in the area, which is a tremendous boon in the desert city.

After that, to bait out the enemy, Warlock and Fighter stage an argument in a well-known inn so that she might be considered less suspicious to the guys we were trying to kill.
It sort of works, in that it informs the redcloaks of our presence and causes two of our party members to get kidnapped (their players had quit).
So now we're not only deep in enemy territory with no hope of retreat, but we're also down the Rogue and Barbarian.

Thank God we got help in the form of a temporary player whose character served as a plot device to inform us of an enemy location.
She is convinced to betray the Redcloaks and leads us to an otherwise innocuous business where our allies are being held.
Warlock is tired of waiting and thinks we should just attack directly, while Fighter reminds her that two of the party members are being held captive and may be killed if we simply attack without killing them.

However, Warlock decides to go immediately whether the Fighter is or not, refusing to let the enemy (possibly) torture their allies, and Fighter grudgingly follows, figuring that he'd rather have only two dead party members than three.

Converting Dice is terrible

Get over it. You can pay for a $5 app that totals them for you and rolls the custom dice for the other two games, you can use one of the free apps people have made, or you can play with the custom dice. I'm a poorfag and I can afford it.

>dice apps

There is no game on the planet that is too good to use standard dice. It's shit like this that made FF games get bought out by another company. Hopefully they can get their heads out of their asses and make a game that does require me to buy dice that I can only use in one game.

Your DM?

I respect this man.