Broken World: a Kill Six Billion Demons RPG

Abaddon on twitter: "released the 1.4 RPG update - new things: templates for villains and other jerks, 30 page fluff section on Throne"

Post it, faggots. I only have 1.3.

Old version.

Bumping with best Angel.

I'd also love some of that sweet 1.4 update

bumping with best devil because I too would like the updated version since iv just gotten into KSBD.

>30 page fluff section on Throne"

oooh, do want.

final bump otherwise hope we can find it in the next PDF share thread.

Ah IDK guys I'd have to go log into pastebin

Uh, patreon even.

>Sometime later

Please do.

Just gonna bump this because I am impatient and wish to see the goods.

That gun with just makes me go wat every time I see that panel. Not even looking in either direction she's shooting, although she's probably hitting something.

gun witch best girl
sleepy a cute
harph-ear should die already

>Just another night at the club

Or

>The whole tavern was filled with PCs

Just want to say that "kill six billion demons" may be the greatest name for a thing I have ever encountered.

>inb4 SHILL REEEEEEEEEE! user shows up

If you just discovered it, you're in for a hell of a ride.

Word of advice. Linger your mouse on each panel and read what pops up, and actually read the scriptures and texts at the bottom of each comic page.

Gun witch is dead user.

DEAD!

Has anyone actually played a game using the system and setting? I almost did, but it fell through. Made a character though.

A Metamorphic Angel Fury by the name of 31 Empty Temples Humble Gods. I never figured out what he should look like though. Angels are hard that way I suppose.

I'mma bump this, because I need it.

Currently running a K6BD game using Pathfinder. Working surprisingly well so far. I fucking love the Broken World game for its lore insight, however. The players have currently knocked over a Guild Merchant, though have yet to finish him off which they will regret since he's getting his boys together, and gotten themselves indebted to at least one Devil, a corrupt Angel, and a laughably powerful Vatra I didn't quite expect them to just...fucking...OFFER a part of their souls in exchange for some magic shit.

Oh, and one of them is a Belligerent Knight in training, so at some point I'm gonna have them steal/fight a tank from Jaganoth's forges. If they survive their restaurant opening next session.

Pic related, a rough map I made to keep track of Throne as they kill their way across it.

>that map
Noice. Did you do it yourself?

Yes, in photoshop. I always make maps for settings I run, even if I'm the only one to see it. Partly because I'm horrible at spatial awareness (lost an eye at birth so depth perception is dogshit) and I like to at least be able to understand how far away things are from one another.

Unrelated, but I also based the party's first adventure off the Palace of Night in the back of the Broken World pdf.

>a rough map I made to keep track of Throne as they kill their way across it.
Abaddon?

Nope. Just some random dm with photoshop though I did sample the comic's color pallette.

when did that happen? Last I saw she was fine.

oh hey this threads still up. neat maybe we can actually get the goods.

also posting best devil again.

>not expecting your players to offer a part of their souls in exchange for even the most paltry of magical trinkets.

cool map tho.

>paltry magical trinkets
Hey I'll have you know those Sending scrolls were almost worth it!

Of course now they're also indebted to Mammon's Bank.

Nevermind. Going through the co archive Abbadon says there is only a 30% chance of her being dead.

Layla Brimstone
She flies on a musket instead of a broom
She is the best gun witch

>name is literally the spelling of "coca cola"
how does abbadon come up with these names?

Demon names are frequently strings of nonsense made up on the spot, because the longer the name, the less powerful the demon is.

And most people don't wander around with ready-made thirty-syllable names to hand out. So they just belt out gibberish on the spot. Like, I don't know:
>"Hey! I might be able to fill out a whole bunch of syllables if I spell out 'coc col!' Damn, I'm smart!

>somewhere there's a devil named david david david david david davidson

No patreanons?

Take your shitty webcomic to /co/.

to be fair, princess is just as bad

Good bait

It's very nice, user, really. I'm going to steal it even though I know I'll never have occasion to use it for a game.

Ah, there he is. How's it hanging, ShillAnon? Still a massive cunt, I see.

Can someone please post the 1.4 version

Fret not, sweet, juicy anons. I come bearing gifts.

>He

Don't be so naive. It's not like this webcomic is special. Literally any topic on Veeky Forums is going to have multiple haters!

>based

I never stopped believing, a billion worlds rich's unto you and may you live to see all your desires complete.

Thanks mate.

Thank you.

>mfw I just realized the Fated on the cover is a younger Meti

I appreciate the wish, kind user, but in return, I've lesson for you, a proverb I learned many millennia past from the Many-Faced Man of the Million Limbed Forest City of Marmadash;
To live to see your complete desires is foolish;
A true desire is one you die for.
Blessings be upon you.

Damn it. Why can't I be a beggar angel?

Looking at it, The Beggar is probably her master

Because it doesn't fit. Beggars are outcasts in need of sustenance, Angels cannot be the former and do not require the latter.

Well, that'd be weird, since Angels are physically incapable of breaking the law, same as how Demons can't be the Law because they find it very difficult to tell the truth. But, like, you could do it and just use a different racial bonus.

If Angels are physically incapable of breaking the law, what is the Path of Petals?

I thought Meti was a woman?

Not law, the Old Law.

many thanks, ill have to use that when I make a beggar in your honor

don't you mean a younger maya? since the master in this picture is confirmed to be meti?

I'm thinking of dming this, as i can't make it to my current games anymore, and my firends have only ever played pathfinder, so playing another system would be interesting

>something something Boomstick

Where I can find tenants of the Old Law anyway?

Damn, how come there still isn't a multi-class option for Hunter affinity?
Still, fluff part is so good.

Abby said she was 3.3 dead out of a 10.
So no, probably hurt but nowhere near dying.

And for anyone interested, we got an update.

it could be interesting running a campaign that works alongside the main story, helping allison without her knowing.

The Master is Meti and is a woman

Yes! Al-Yi-Sun is the best!

KSBD spoiled me every other webcomic

>last panel

Can we all be a little honest with each other and admit the comic has some problems with pacing and characterization? I love the art and the worldbuilding and all the creativity, but when it comes to the literature of it all, it's a little lacking. At least I think so. Am I alone in this?

Maybe because it is a webcomic that updates slowly?

It's alright when you read through an entire chapter in one go, like with regular comic books. It does seem rather slow at times though, because there are 2 pages released a week.

The setting is awesome, the chosen system, on the other hand, is totally unfitting.Pbta doesn't even allow a fair PVP combat, let alone fair PC vs NPC combat without the GM making up powerlevels on the spot.

I'd be interested if they could at least shrink it to World of Dungeons/Streets of Marienburg size, but still I think that esoteric kung fu is one of the styles that PBTA cannot emulate due to its nature.

Why are we discussing the comic on the traditional games board?

Nice try, troll.

>Spot the newfag.

Gonna be honest, I pop in and skim through the background characters and stuff for inspiration because I don't like any of the central characters or the story.

I thought an open-ended system like Apocalypse/Dungeon World was quite suited to high powered wuxia-style combat.

I'm not a huge fan of the system personally, but I get the choice. Combat can be descriptive and showy without having to worry about hard distances and fiddly combat manoeuvres.

You can do an abstract combat without Pbta. The problem is the extreme GM fiat that's inherent to the system.

If it was me, I'd go more towards something close to this (homebrew, sorry about the mess)
No distances, but clear rules on what happens on a hit, who hits and who has the initiative always. In a wuxia style game, the players should never ask the GM what happens in a PVP combat once they roll a die but for aesthetical details. And in NPC combat, only for to play the NPCS, not for arbiter combat rules.

Currently running this setting with Pathfinder. I personally dislike the system, but if you basically just say "everything goes" but ask players to avoid all-out spellcasters, it hits all the right feels for a game set in Throne. Pathfinder has enough splat to make it really feel like the whole party is drawn from across all 777,777 universes.

Players are currently planning a siege after overthrowing a guild merchant.