Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1NnyVc8r2SM
youtube.com/watch?v=4LIcOFvWqjk
youtu.be/ULRTwOMwLoA
youtu.be/7YiBnxSIDhY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you like to Dream, /jc/?

Jump #159: Kerbal Space Program
>Ten of Wands (The crushing weight of ultimate responsibility.)
>Location: Kerbin
>Identity: Engineer (-100)
>Drawbacks: I Need More Time! (0), Kerbin Technology Superior (+100), Kerbal Needs Food, Badly! (+200), Solar Flares (+200)
>Aerospace Engineering Makes Things Go Fast (Free, Engineer)
Or at least helps me figure out what makes things go slow when they should go fast. Intuitive knowledge of such things is helpful!
>They're Like Legos, Right? (1300, Engineer)
Yes. Just like legos. I wonder if this is a thing I can teach to others.
>This Is How I Want It (1100, Engineer)
I can basically already do this, but being able to transfer the designs so that they can be constructed... this is the important thing.
>In A Junkyard, with a Box of Scraps (800, Engineer)
Oh do I ever look forward to trying to see what I can get out of various materials from certain high tech jumps.
>There IS A Method to Madness! (400)
And it's the scientific method! But no, this will be handy if I ever want to research something, so that I know what I'll have to do to get there. Say I want to make adamantium. This is how I'll know what I need to look into, in order to get there...
>Billy Kob's Junkyard (300)
Hey, having a scrapyard off of the warehouse is going to be useful later.

>Technology Packs (Mechjeb, B9 Aerospace and KW Rocketry, KSP Interstellar, Kerbal Attachment System, Orbit Portal Technology Space Plane Parts, Umbra Space Industries Technology Paradigm, Thunder Aerospace Corporation's Life Support Systems, Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics, Kerbal Planetary Base Systems) (0)
300 points worth of various technologies, every single one dedicated to furthering the Kerbals' reach in space, both in the local solar system and the stars beyond! All I need to do is help them figure out how to terraform worlds, and we'll be golden. Seriously, this has quite literally everything one could want beside terraforming. Refine fuels, widely varied and useful bits for construction and research, planetary bases, modular parts that can be assembled after being launched to orbit or even built on other planets, FTL travel... well, I suppose the other thing missing would be a source of Kerbals.

I'm going to take a full century here. By the time I leave, I intend for the Kerbals to explore every single planet within their reach, both in their local system and within a radius of ten light years, and have bases in orbit and on those worlds. Ideally, we'll find some worlds where they can set up shop and colonize. I'll definitely have to make sure the Kerbals are well-trained though, because I'm not going to hold their hands and do everything for them.

I like to hallucinate while conscious, thanks

Question about Sburb: Is using Red Miles outside the Jump allowed?

What perks aside from Quicksilver and speedster allow me to go fast?

FISS

Most of the time I'm too busy to even sleep.
Things to research, project to build, sleeping companions to watch, spells to form, etc.

There's one in Twilight that lets you move so fast that you're a blur to humans.

Sonic Speed from Sonic lets you start at around 50mph and go up from there.

I have a bunch of different ways to stop or slow down time, but in terms of speeding up, the only thing I have is the ability to take a nap whenever and wherever I want.
Dreaming can be a fun way to pass the time.

So my new chain revolves around being at low health, stealing life out of opponents...etc. Combination of Diablo Barbarian & Final Fantasy's Dark Knight. Which Capstone perk in Bloodborne should I pick?

There's nothing stopping you from doing so... Apart from the fact it can only be used by a Carapacian, and the Rings need to be destroyed to launch the Genesis Tadpole into Skaia.

So is the Pathfinder jump well and truly dead? That and the Werewolf jump both had the potential for really fun Kitsune options and builds, so I was looking forward to them.

Your new chain revolves around a combat mechanic? Call BadWrongFun if you like but that sounds boring as hell.

A certain someone had motivation problems. I'm hoping to drag them back to it, though.

I'm always dreaming.
COMBAT OPERANDI: ABSTRACTED THOUGHT is a cool perk.

>Carapacian
Would animorphing help me with that?
Would consuming them do?

>Spoiler
I'm going for a SP session.

>Would animorphing help me with that?
That'd probably work, yeah. Most of the Carapacians are clones anyway.

>Would consuming them do?
Not sure, it might simply require a basic Carapacian instead of some property you can consume, what with game mechanics and stuff. Fanwank something, I guess?

>I'm going for a SP session.
Fair enough.

Cool, I guess now I have a fitting ending for Jack Noir and planet 8/15.

How do I break time /jc/?

Like, actually destroying time as a concept. The only thing I can think of is a ramshackle combination of Realm of Myths and as many time manipulation perks as I can get my grubby little hands on. Any other ideas?

That's partially right. It's a Vampiric Berserking Masochistic Blackguard type deal. Summoning demons, killing people, drinking blood. Basically he's a
Khornate Jumper.

Dragon Break, one of the Elder Scrolls jumps.

Light fruit from One piece allow the user to move at the speed of light.It have some limits,but if you combine with other perks you can pretty easily override them.

Huh. That's exactly what I was looking for. Cool, thanks!

>boring as hell
I can see it as hilariously interesting if they put such a jumper in non-combat situations. I can imagine a Khornate jumper is trying to help a child over come his fears. Or make youtube video's, or being a videogame developer.

With some clever writing you can easily make this a more interesting than the standard chain.

Lunar Dial from Touhou. If you slow everything down except you, you are, for all intents and purposes, going extremely fast
youtube.com/watch?v=1NnyVc8r2SM

Don't use that one use the good one
youtube.com/watch?v=4LIcOFvWqjk

Are there any good reasons for choosing an Imperial Guard Regiment other than Krieg or Cadian for the Imperium Guardsman Squad/Platoon option?

I'm just considering the acceleration those children were exposed to and what would actually be happening to them if this wasn't a movie.

That is a facet of his power.

There's scarcely any difference between dreams and waking for me, sometimes. I can just walk into one realm and out the other like using the elevator. If I were still capable of experiencing irrational fear I'd be very much do so, but the point of the matter is I can do both at the same time through mental partitioning, so-really, I don't have much of a preference either way.

That sounds like a very Cainhurst Vileblood thing.

>puzzle dragon x
>that one generic as fug game
>it's got a cheesy as fuck anime
>surprisingly good animation and art for some random anime adaptation of an adaptation of a mobile game
It's not bakugan levels of terrible. And the mobile game as of right now is even easier to play than when it first started.

Maybe if someone managed to retool this with the anime/videogame in mind. With Drop-in using mechanics from the mobile game. Perhaps we'll have something of value to use here.

Only thinking of this because I've been playing PAD alot lately to pass the time from work overload.

For what it's worth I don't think that one's even accepted on the drive, so. Yeah.

I thought Dirge did a WIP for it ages ago? I remember it looked pretty gud

Never seen this before. Did you make it?

Yeah, Dirge has an old WIP.

> I thought Dirge did a WIP for it ages ago?
Dirge is gone, dude. Like, officially gone. He's been gone for a long time now.

He also wasn't the sort of person who would mind if someone were picking up his abandoned projects. A bunch of anons actually had to yell at him not to tear down all of his completed jumps off the drive because he thought other people could do a better job than him.
I never saw the WIP, though. That would be pretty interesting to look at, for comparison.

I still can't believe Dirge is dead

Yeah Dirge had an amazing WIP. It gave a bunch of cool starter monsters a wonderful personality. Very unconventional monsters at that.

No some random user made it. It's pretty meh. Has a great artistic aesthetic though.

Got yah covered. This is a rather old one though. I don't know what he did with it since then. He's a very private person.

At that point it stops being about a combat mechanic, or a khornate jumper, and just starts being a fish out of water focus.

It's not about his X-ability anymore, it's about how he doesn't fit in. That's a different focus entirely and I get how that can be fun.

Please do, both of those jumps sounded really fun.

I wouldn't pick Krieg
Sure they might be good at combat, but that's all they're good at. They're not exactly people.

Looking back, the last we saw of this guy was him saying he'd update it before he tried to get it on the drive. So this too, is a WIP.

Clearly Puzzles & Dragons is cursed.

I think the issue was the annoying guys screaming at him not to allow cameo character at all despite it being easy as hell just to depower them.

But it comes with a free frogurt!

So I've got DarksydePhil from YouTube, and Rob Zombie from Musician. From where else can I get IRL people as Companions?

>DarksydePhil
Why the fuck would you companion that piece of shit?

why Companion them when you can become them in inficon?

Who /forwardandbackandthenforwardandback/ here?
youtu.be/ULRTwOMwLoA

At the same time people are too lazy to clarify if their companions are the nerfed versions, imcluding but not limited to:
>Final Kefka
>Final Orphan
>The entire Rebuild Eva set plus Angels
>Fist of the Broken North Star
>Goku, Supes, and multiple Batmen

Honestly its just easier to lock them out rather than have people get angry over the nerfed logic and miscommunication

Mordian Iron Guard. They're Space Prussians, so they're the most disciplined motherfuckers you're going to find. Their TO&E is great and they're good at both fire and maneuver and Napoleonic mass formation tactics.

They're who I went with and I don't regret it at all.

>FFXIV jump's scenarios update never.

Howdy /JC! I'm back!

Well, apparently dirge was the kinda guy who wouldn't mind if someone updated it for him.

The problem here is finding someone worthy of modifying his jumps.

I want to make this ship a solar exalt. How do I do this?

No, you're Gaunlet.

You can't make that statement for him in regards to finished jumps.

Hi.

Wait until the Exalted: Solars jump, and import it?

But anyway, it's unlikely to be able to do much with a Solar Exaltation. They're really pretty much locked to human forms, as shown by Queen K'tula being unable to make Charms geared to her new squid-monster form.

Make it a shipgirl, then import it when the Solar jump is done.

I still cant believe Alexander can move in the frozen time
Also his mixtape is fire, skip 3 minutes in
youtu.be/7YiBnxSIDhY

Bad idea, finished jump is finished.

1. Get it somehow.
2. Import into Kantai Colle
3. Wait for Solar Jump
4. ???
5. Profit?

Hm, this is true.

Yo,

The sword... Has nice time and space manipulation abilities... But I don't know if I want to fight:

>Lucifer
>Administrators
>Nya Persona
>YHWH
>Darkseid
>Sburb overpowered Denizen

That on top of having my items and abilities used against me.

It wasn't enough to have to revive difficult fights, but also have to start with something that is twice your strength?

>Queen K'tula's squid-monster form

I figured it was quite apparent by now I am an awfully sadistic jumpmaker.

Just imagine how the Disgaea drawbacks will be once I stop frothing at the mouth every time I start typing it.

What exalted jumps are currently done?

So, if I got it right, if you die in the fight you fail the scenario but not the Jump?

That means that no 1-up perks to help you keep fighting but you don't end your chain for dying?

>imagine the Disgaea drawbacks
All your companions become flat?

It specifically says
>Should you die in a way that would end your chain, you will wake up in a bed in the Elven Village the
following morning, good as new

So 1-ups work. But, something like the Tower of Naraka, which would take you out of the fighting location, still counts as a loss for the Scenario. I figured adding the 'you can't lose your chain this way' safety net would avoid turning this into a pure trap option - you miss out on the prize, but you aren't penalized beyond that for losing an absurdly difficult fight.

Mortals and Dragonblood.

Silly user, that's not a drawback at all.

>Mortal
>Dragonblooded

Infernal is on its way, I think.

Well, I guess I can work with that. Defeating 'old' enemies should not bet the major problem here, fighting a 'version' of myself should be.

How does the Origin fight? Does it copies your tactics or has its own? What powers does it take? Everything or just some? What about the items?

>That moment when I was tempted to create monsters in Jumps that don't have any just to keep up my Monster Hunter persona.

>Wait a moment, that is something a horrible person would do.

When have you caught yourself contemplating something horrible for weird or petty reasons jumpers?

Hmmm.

Alright something I said I do last night is type out what acutally happened during the Vacation Jumps.

The Room was fun and I experimented with the effects of indirect social combat. I manipulated from the background with my abilities and reinforced positive intimacies whilst mitigating a some peoples' excesses. In addition every time I was 'punished' by the director I broke the Fourth Wall. By the end of the first year I had the local bank in my pocket and I was slowly expanding my reach through proxies and shifting the fundamental nature of the background characters. The real 'movers and shakers' were spared my influence but for the fact that all the background characters were moving and shaking things like the local government with social change. By the time the movie started I was a mild mannered banker that the local mob thought of as the actual mayor. All of this from talking mildly to others for a while each day. That was startling.

Slice of Life Jump 115:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Preachy [+100]
Butt of Jokes [+200]
Background Character [+300]
Origin: Drop-In
Setting:
Time Travel [-300]
Jump SOL (Exalted: Mortal Heroes) [-300]
Perks:
Rock [-100]
Tutor [-100]
Optimism [-300]
Sagelike [-300]

Companions [-200]:
Import (__) & Yuno Gaisai Half-Caste Sidereal

We're in Exalted with Time Travel? What the hell am I going to get into dear Thread? Suggestions? I still haven't come up with anything good for this. ASA Murdukth could you help a Jumper out? I wanna do something intreasting with this but I've got no idea what to do with it.

I became a Mr. Rodgers with some science off to the side in Generic Children TV it was great.

Grim, Yuno, and I were all to take care of our three children in Generic Parenting. Minimandy, Nana, and Grim Jr. all inherited a lot of power from me because of Heredity (Discworld). It was troubling but at the same time so fufilling. Each of the kids managed to nab a key to the Warehouse and went exploring at times. Trying that.

Lucid dreaming is neat but I'm more into messing around in other people's dreams to be honest.

Origin is mostly an enhanced version of whatever you are. Are you a frontline fighter who goes full shonen ham? So does Origin. Are you a strategist who prefers minions to soak up damage before closing in for the kill? So does Origin.

That said, he's not stupid, and will adapt quickly. You can catch him completely flat-footed if you do something that would normally be out-of-character for you, or make use of abilities you hardly use. He's just what you are and more, so you need to be aware of your own weaknesses (or, if you somehow lack any, where you pay less attention) and exploit those accordingly. Mix things up, manage your energy reserves carefully, and strategize accordingly. If you can keep throwing curveballs without going all-in at the wrong time, you have a good chance of winning. That isn't accounting for the 'echoes', though...

He has everything you have, perks and items all, but like I said, he'll prioritize your favorite abilities and items during the initial bout. He'll only start mixing things up once he's on the ropes - and he IS smart enough to use your stuff in clever ways. Be smarter, or at least less predictable.

Wait, so not only does Origin have ALL our powers, he has them at twice the power?

Dear god... Does it include warehouse items and such?

And we have to fight all our enemies at the same time? It's... Oh god.

If we fought them due to drawbacks and they were empowered by said drawback, are they similarly empowered here?

I took Cabin Fever in the Ouran High School Host Club jump, so I ended up making a bunch of monsters, and turning it into a Super Sentai/Magical girl setting with myself playing both the mentor and villain roles. I'm not sorry.

Everything. Under the same fiat limitations as you, but everything.

I'll let you decide if the enemies are their drawback fiat selves or not. This fight is teeth-pullingly difficult on its own, so decide how masochistic you are via fanwankery on that one.

The Tales of Phantasia Origin is a cute. A CUTE

user no

Looks like a gayer Unconquered Sun to me.

user yes.

Can you provide a breakdown of what the fuck the plot of Tales of Phantasia is about? I am doing my best to understand it or find a summary or such but the more I read about it the more confused I am

>ASA Murdukth could you help a Jumper out? I wanna do something intreasting with this but I've got no idea what to do with it.
Muuurdukth here.

Not sure what to do with that. Take a vacation in the First Age in its prime (so before the Solars went too crazy)?

I'd say visit Zen-Mu, but SoL timetravel doesn't go back that far.

Maybe go live in the Imperial City while Scarlet is taking over?

>Infernal is on its way, I think.
It's on its way. At a glacial pace, but it's coming.

>Implying you can get gayer than Theion's boytoy.

In the Past Era, an invader named Dhaos basically attacks the entire world (mostly the Kingdom of Midgard) with an army of demons until he is defeated by four heroes, and uses his magic to flee nearly 100 years into the future, only to get sealed up by people waiting for his arrival.

12 years after THAT, (now 100 years since the whole thing happened), the protags go out hunting only to find their town destroyed and everyone slaughtered when they return home. This is the work of Random Asshat, who wants to unseal Dhaos in hopes of controlling him (in truth, being manipulated by him, I think?). This goes about as well as you'd expect for everyone involved.

The protags are sent to the past, and things unfold from there.

The wiki page on Dhaos and To Valhalla both have full descriptions of what is really going on. Dhaos himself is far from completely innocent, especially since he goes bugnuts insane in the original timeline, but it puts a lot of things in the game in perspective.

Let's say I tend to only limit myself to in jump stuff, unless I experiment or such, using my out of jump stuff very rarely unless very hard pressed. That means Origin will do the same. So if I straight up pull out all stops on the start, I might get a headstart, advantage, I assume?

So, I have to kill him using tactics or powers that I never use. Several times thanks to 1-ups. And he will power-up and restore his life when he is about to die. Several times. Then he will summon a 'past' version of himself so I will have to fight two guys with the same level of power. He will also try to nullify my powers and break my items. Then corrupt the entire dimension/time-line to try to get the job done. Then start throwing big bangs to me. Then he will hit me with my conceptual crowbar which damage does not heal.

I can't guarantee the safety of the setting.

Fuck, I'm starting to feel sorry for some of my most recent bosses...

Okay, that got confusing too.

I am asking because Eternal Sword tells us that we can't get it while the MC is finding its parts or using it. So after they use it it breaks down again?

Yeah but unfortunately he looks butch, not trappy at all.

...okay, hold on a thought.

He summons echoes of my enemies and uses my powers and items... But not companions, right?

They can help me? Or is it that while he can summon those echoes and even use powers that summon minions I am fully alone?

Maybe, maybe not, though this'd be from a sense of fair play on his part rather than him being fooled. Remember, he's pulling out your link to previous, still-frozen worlds. Whatever you did there, he'll be aware of it. Origin, while not much of a people person, seems to have a sense of honor about him, so it's a 50/50 chance.

Have fun, user. That said, the arena is isolated by both fiat and Origin, so you can go nuts without fear of destroying all of Aselia.

Basically Cress and company need the Eternal Sword to actually confront Dhaos for the last time and send everyone home once their journey is over. So either before or after the latter half of the plot.

I can't actually say 'when' because time travel is confusing and annoying. Just either go straight for the Trial or wait about a year in wherever you're staying.

You can use summons, but not full companions. He likewise doesn't use your companions or THEIR abilities.

tell me about your chain

It's long and hard, feels good in your hand, and is fun to play with.

FUCK ALEXANDER AND HIS ZA WARUDO BULLSHIT. FUCK ALL THIS CLOSED TIME LOOP SHENANIGANS AND ALEXANDER'S XANATOS GAMBITS. AND FUCK ELIDIBUS' LITTLE SECOND PLACE XANATOS BULLSHIT WITH GOING "LAWL EVERY DEFEAT WORKS FOR ME"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

Oh my gods SE, what are you even doing. You basically Poochied the Warriors of Darkness and I could see the Eyes coming back from a mile away, but why did you have to give them to the guy who's very, very clearly going to fuck you up. Has Elidibus learned nothing from Lahabrea's death. Alexander Prime's bullshit is just something else as well, what is even. There's fucking time loops and infinite calculations all over the place, what is going on.

Now now, that's not a guarantee. Just... a possible outcome.

>turning it into a Super Sentai/Magical girl setting with myself playing both the mentor and villain roles.

Why does that sound familiar

[SEEKING THE PEACE OF REASON]