Connected to ShadowChan...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>identifying-bullets.txt
>CORPORATE_COURT_CONSPIRACY_BIG(21).trid
>Squatting_Squats.trid
>Kebab_Identifier.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 3345 (1% Positive)
* You have 0 new private messages.
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running car-battery-cyberdick-clamps.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Tonight's starter: Bunch of old books (Threats, Threats 2, Conspiracies) have a bunch of things that, in a given game, can be decided to be true, untrue, or some non-binary snowflake hybrid in between. So, out of all the Halberstams and the Dankwalthers in the world, who are yours?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=treatments for autism in adults
docs.google.com/document/d/1xQa3FGs71N1mR3wZePd4RZR8F760r4n8Tkkngr63qkY/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Since I think that quote is taken from 4e Anniversary, this should apply. I don't think they got around to printing any advanced astral travel rules in 5e but at the same time, there's been no specific retcon.

As for living earth, you're magically shaping it, it's probably enough to make it 'altered' and no longer part of the natural world. A door is a door, not a part of the hill. But I think the Concealment powers (and MAYBE spirits' abilities to shape things, if you're the type to consider spirits a part of nature rather than a construct of the human mind-- That part was all so much easier when shamans were different) could at least hold off the majority of magical snoopers. And if they don't walk right past the spirit, you're still alerted, AND the spirit is punching them in the head.

Also, you probably want to allow for holes for air, exhaust, etc. Logistically, piped in water is probably better than from a truck, but you can probably dig a well to give yourself enough to do some. It won't supply a large farm, but aeroponics can be really efficient. But the more of that you do, the more regular upkeep is required, which isn't always gonna be simple.

>4es anniversary
Core Book of 5e, page 314, left side, before Manifesting.

Also, it isn't a door. It's solid earth, reshaped back into the form it was originally in.

I mean, technically speaking, I think I could just put up a high-strength Ward/Attack Barrier partway down the tunnel so that it interlocks with the natural earth and prevents travel that way.

Really? It's copy/pasted verbatim, then. But it's not really used in a way that entirely prevents the possibility of moving through it there, since, y'know, that was added.

It's still altered. And intended as a door, more or less. I don't think Shape Stone is enough to make it a living part of the Earth's aura, basically. At that point it's more or less engineered. I'd guess that there's probably ways to make sure it's integrated with the Earth's aura, but you'd have to expend some actual effort.

Except that's wrong. You're basically using a magical shovel.

If hand-carving wood doesn't make it less natural, then how does moving stone make it less natural?

Does moving a boulder into a zen garden make that boulder less of a natural boulder, somehow? No, it doesn't.

Hand-carved wood is not living earth. It's natural for telesmatic purposes but it doesn't have an aura.

Right next to hand-carved wood, "soil" is listed, so yeah, that's basically the same equivalent.

You're not understanding me. What makes something "Living Earth", with an aura, and impermeable (or at least hard to move through), is not how natural it is. It's the fact that the Earth itself has an aura, leading some to conclude that it's a living being. Materials that are on their own simply natural, and not a part of the aura of the Earth itself, are just as dull and permeable on the Astral as processed materials.

Earth's aura reclaims the moved land after a period of time. Let's say something like 23 hours and 36 minutes, give or take.

I mean, if you wanna give a source on that...

Eh, I'd buy it.

kinda depends on whether you're going to accept any edition except the incomplete one

If you have a source, post it up.

They're all incomplete.

Well, here's one. I know there IS a place where they mention the theory that the earth itself is alive, but I can't remember which of the like, eight possible sources across five game editions that was in.

I broke it.

But that's not anything related to moved earth no longer being part of it when placed back properly.

No, that's a conclusion that has to be drawn by the individual GM. I can't think of anything that says specifically on that specific edge case, so it has to be determined by the individual.

Alright, so basically what you're saying is that you were speaking out of your ass with no actual basis for it whatsoever.

The earth is solid in the astral. If the stone is natural and integrated with the surrounding natural stone, then it presumably is the natural stone, and presumably has the same, impermeable, aura.

Even if it doesn't, something along the lines of it recovering at the same rate as Astral Hazing hurts the manasphere would at least be a vaguely-rules-derived answer, and be better than "Gee boss I dunno man"

This is a bit clearer, from 3e Magic in the Shadows.

I mean the first thing I said was that it was going to have to be arbitrated, before I gave what my arbitration would be (which was to say that you'd just have to do something extra to specifically have it integrated with the Earth's aura).

Where does it actually say that you can use Reagents to set the Limit for a spell rather than the Force? I know you can do it for Alchemical stuff, but for actual Spellcasting directly.

Does it still work if you put the spell in a Sustaining Focus?

Page 317 and probably. Page 317 gives you almost all the uses for reagents, by the way.

Daviar disappeared during Crash 2.0. Everyone assumed she was dead, but she reappeared in 2073 (upsetting the applecart when it came to the Draco Foundation, UCAS politics, and everything else where people had assumed her power). She passed the stringent identity tests people put her through, but IMO she still might be something else

Datajacks: Great cyberware, or best cyberware?

Meh cyberware. Just get trodes or AR gloves.

You lack wizness. Begone from this Matrix!

That's an orc. A troll would have horns or at least stubs to show that they have been clipped or filed.

Best cyberware. Unless you are Awakened or really tight for Essence, and even then.
People don't realise how great they are because the just see "provides a DNI and 1 point of Noise reduction", but the possibilities of a DNI are near endless. It's a double edged-sword though, you must have a good decker running overwatch on your gear.

Almost as good as Skilljacks

>Where does it actually say that you can use Reagents to set the Limit for a spell rather than the Force?
>Spellcasting: In a pinch, you can spend reagents to set the limit for Spellcasting. Rather than using the spell’s Force as the limit, use the number of drams of reagents spent.
Page 317. Keep in mind, though, that the spell still has its normal Force for the purpose of Counterspelling and any effects which build off of Force.

For example, if you cast a Force 1 Lightning Bolt at someone but use Reagents to set its Limit to 15? It's still going to have the base damage and AP of a Force 1 spell, even if you can accrue tons of hits for it.

So I'd call it situationally useful at best.

Question: if I have a strength of one but have cyber arms with strength 9 and wear a helmet for +2 Armor and carry a shield for + 6 am I over encumbered or not?

Yes, because the rest of your body can't handle the stress. If your str was 3 or even 2, maybe, but 1? Nope.

>if I have a strength of one but have cyber arms with strength 9 and wear a helmet for +2 Armor and carry a shield for + 6 am I over encumbered or not?
For this, you would follow the limb averaging rules, because the weight also goes to, for example, your legs. If your GM is using just the four limbs for averaging, your effective Strength is (9+9+1+1)/4=5. It only gets worse from there, if your torso or, god forbid, skull gets included too, averaging out instead to 4.2 (rounded up to 5), and 3.66 (rounded up to 4) respectively.

So yes, you're exceeding your encumbrance capacity by 3 or 2, depending on the calculation method, which means you take a -1 to your relevant scores.

If your GM follows the four-limb or four-limb-and-torso rules, though, ditching the helmet would eliminate the penalty.

Do headcases have essence? Its not really there body so they shouldnt really be affected by the mental aspects of being dehumanized.
Like Rietcher but more of a dick.

>Do headcases have essence?
Yes.

>Its not really there body so they shouldnt really be affected by the mental aspects of being dehumanized.
Essence is the mystical force linking a living body to the Astral, not some psychological measurement of your connection to your own humanity. As you install 'ware, you lose your link to the realm of the burgeoning life force of the world (penalty to healing tests) and the realm where emotion lives as a tangible, observable force leaving imprints in its wake (penalty to Social Limit) exactly as normal.

Nice try, though.

I assumed since they were ais it was different.

I'm not going to use that loop because being a deadly contagion is its own bullshit on its own.

Though I guess headcases can use magic. Thought it was all Technomancers.

They're only barely AIs. They're living personalities written onto a functional brain which still needs a healthy body to not-die.

They're people, just with personalities overwritten with artificial ones.

Like someone on a personafix, but forever.

And just like someone on a personafix, they still have Essence, still die when it hits 0, and still have mostly-organic hardware.

Then why do they bitch all the time about having to shit and stuff? Ugh its such a weird agent smith knock off.

>Then why do they bitch all the time about having to shit and stuff?
Because those fake personalities aren't used to having a meat body, the same way a personafix approximating an AI might talk in distasteful disgust about the idea of eating, despite literally being a human brain in a human body.

They're people - actual, biological people - whose personality parameters and often memories have been altered.

Not robots with a meat puppet.

I thought personafix did understand how the human body worked.

Whatever, I can work with that.

It's not literally a personafix, it's CFD doing something similarly. Please learn what an analogy is, besides what people do to your mother.

>I thought personafix did understand how the human body worked.
Depends on the personafix. You can feed literally whatever baseline parameters into it that you want.

Also depends on the CFD! Not all of them are AIs. There are tons of known instances of copies of metahuman personalities, and at least one dragon, mixed into the mess too.

CFD is functionally an infection which causes you to get permanently Personafixed as one of its symptoms. What personality happens to be loaded isn't something you have much control over.

It's like if being a ghoul gave you a new personality instead of making you need to eat human flesh.

That's just it.

No I get that, but I thought your analogy was wrong.
It's not like there is a extensive database explaining the nuance of these.

Man, they really need to update the wiki then, everythings screwy.

It makes a character concept I was going to use all the more tragic however, so theres that.

I need some character advice /srg/, I'm playing as a summoner mage, and I just got a ton of reagents. I want to be able to summon a powerful spirit of man (Force 12 and my magic rating is 6) and bound it. My character has a month to do this and can have his team mates help him with first aid etc but no real magic. My starting dice pool is 16 (no bonuses) and I have 2 edge and my drain pool is 12, I can take 9 boxes of damage before dying. Is it even possible to summon this without dying?

>Is it even possible to summon this without dying?

Are you daft? Of course it is. You just have to be lucky.

>Is it even possible to summon this without dying?
Yes. For sure.

But you're not going to be able to bind it.

It's rolling a dice pool of 24 to resist attempts to bind it, you take drain equal to twice the hits it generates (meaning 16 Physical drain, on average), and you need net hits above and beyond what it rolls for the binding attempt to succeed.

Set your sights lower.

I want to maintain a wiki for myself and my players of my version of Shadowrun. We have dropbox available to us, but no webspace.

Tiddlywiki has been suggested to me, but it doesn't play perfectly with chrome. Anyone have any other ideas? Images can be hosted elsewhere, just need text and cross referencing.

lmgtfy.com/?q=treatments for autism in adults

That's some cold drek omae.

Last decade's hot item. Get 'em if you're old or going retro.

You came into my house, on the day of MY daughter's wedding, and you dare speak such filth?

Nah gramps, they look real flash with that 10 kg keyboard you're lugging around under your chrome cyber arm with hidden shotgun. Very early 21st century schway you've got going on there. Respect.

When does it exhibit in the city's museum of ancient history?

>kg
Haha yuropoor

You whippersnappers have no respect, ive been running codes since you were jizz in your father's briefs boy.

You know the trouble with you kids today is? You dont know real hacken, with your AR, and your neonets an your novatech an your technomancers.

Back in my day they had computers REAL ONES with wires an monitors and shit.
Then yo whippersnappers caused the crash of 2029 with your rap music and it all went to plum hell.

Pretty sure you can just make a regular ass wiki, can't you?

Can spirits recover damage through first aid or by resting? They have Body and Willpower so I don't see why not.

Also, can you regain edge while recovering naturally from near-fatal situations? My GM thinks you can't get a good night's sleep when your physical monitor is nearly full.

Remenber you cant Bind but you can always bargain, a spirit of man has stuff he wants, get them.

>Can spirits recover damage through first aid or by resting? They have Body and Willpower so I don't see why not.
Yes. There's nothing indicating that they shouldn't/wouldn't.

>Also, can you regain edge while recovering naturally from near-fatal situations? My GM thinks you can't get a good night's sleep when your physical monitor is nearly full.
By RAW, determination of what is and isn't a good meal and a full night's rest is entirely your GM's prerogative.

>There's nothing indicating that they shouldn't/wouldn't.
Alright, I wasn't sure about that. Since spirits have a magic rating, that means they're Awakened, right? So there would be a -2 to first aid and medicine tests, and they would need to materialize first in order to apply it.

On the topic of healing, can medkits perform medicine tests by themselves on patients when wireless? Apparently there's a difference between a medkit and an autodoc on what they're able to do, but I don't know see the rules for autodocs. I'm playing a techomancer that's trying to summon and register a ton of sprites, so knowing what tools I can use to boost my natural recovery while I'm suffering penalties is pretty important.

>that means they're Awakened
Lorewise, I'm not so sure that term is applicable, since they're astral beings by default, but yeah, mechanically they're magical fuckers and get the penalty.

Nope. Just First Aid tests.

>or can operate itself with a dice pool of Medkit Rating x 2

Are you sure? In the natural recovery section of the book (p207), it specifically states medkits can be used to bolster natural recovery. There's also an example on p208 where a player uses a medkit for a Medicine test. If Medkits can be used for Medicine, and they can operate as First Aid on their own, what's stopping them to be used for Medicine on their own?

>provide a direct screenshot of actual rules text from a literal rulebook
>ARE YOU SURE?????
fucking christ, kill yourself

Bullets & Bandages has a good explanation for it: they just don't have the tools to do it with. Medkits are, well, just medkits - rating 3 and under fit in regular clothing pockets. On their own, they can do stuff like supplying drugs to manage biological processes, using smart bandages to apply pressure without needing to hold them. That sort of thing.

Autodocs are basically drones running a Medicine autosoft (confirmed purchasable but Restricted in Rigger 5.0). They've got the limbs and tools and mechanics required to do stuff like getting a bullet out or stitching a wound properly.

Just get a rating 6 Autodoc if you can, or stay away from fighting.

And I posted actual rules text from the literal rulebook as well.
>or can operate itself with a dice pool rating of Medkit Rating x 2 and a limit equal to its Rating.
>Natural Recovery can be bolstered by the use of
medkits or autodoc drones. (Core 207)

That's why I was asking for clarification. Medkit Rating x 2 could additionally refer to Medicine, especially since pretty much everything involving Natural Recovery uses the phrase "medkit/autodoc" as though they're interchangeable.

So, a Medkit has the supplies to be used for both First Aid and Medicine, but Medicine absolutely requires being able to physically moving stuff around. That makes sense!

Thanks for showing the autosoft prices. Now I can make some medical drones.

I'm giving my players a dossier on their next target who escaped from a border patrol holding cell just outside the everglades. What do you guys think? Also what else would go into a dossier?

docs.google.com/document/d/1xQa3FGs71N1mR3wZePd4RZR8F760r4n8Tkkngr63qkY/edit?usp=sharing

Analyze Device

>Analyze Device
Sure, and Direct rather than Indirect combat spells.

But you're blowing 100 nuyen for Limit 5, and 200 nuyen for Limit 10, when you could have just cast the spell at a higher Force and trusted your good stats to soak the drain.

It's not useless, by any means. But it's definitely situational.

Relatedly, if a spell is slapped into a Focus, does it turn off when you go to sleep?

>Relatedly, if a spell is slapped into a Focus, does it turn off when you go to sleep?
Yeah. All sustained spells end when you lose consciousness, including those in Sustaining Foci. The only exception to that is Quickening or spells sustained by a truly external force, like a bound spirit.

Caught myself doodling a runner group, thought I'd share.

Sam, face, decker, mysad

And yes, it's drawn on an envelope because it was the closest thing.

Cute but your eyes are too close to the top of the head. For a doodle, breddygud 6.5/10

Doesn't really look like that to me

I use obsidian portal, but I got a lifetime subscription to it through shenanigans. Dunno if it's actually any good if you're using the free version.

I tried remaking the orc and elf mysad according to your advice. I didn't manage to make them look exactly the same though.

Is this better?

Well...shit you got him there.

Yes, my dick is silicon carbide right now. 11/10.

>Dankwalthers
He now lives in an evil underground lair somewhere. One day, the last of the accountant lords shall rise again, and the world will be his for the taking.
Also, he's disgustingly melodramatic and wears a cape.

What kind of mentor spirit and tradition comes to someone who awakens in a time of stress.

AKA a bunraku puppets whose spontaneously awakens and fries her personafix chip.

Her whole motivation is that, due to her face having been warped to a likeness of Maria Mercucial and her memory being fried from the personafix chip usage, she doesnt know who she is or what she looks like. She's deperate to find her home and who she is.

And because shes a CFD victim she's doomed to lose.

>spoiler

Dang, chummer. That's rough.

>And because shes a CFD victim she's doomed to lose
A good regimen of EMP blasts, not eating anything (nutrition spell replaces all intake), and anything else you can find that sorta works will eventually flush CFD entirely. Mechanically, at least, it will drop your Nanite Volume to 0.

>Shitty metaplot enabler

It's from the shitty quest that i may never get around to doing (The core books are a thick fuckin read).
There are 6 characters, split into Magic users, decker/riggers, and samurais/face (Including Carl "Carl" Carlson" the unluckiest Stuffershack employee.
These are split into two castes of "Mohawk or Trenchcoat"

Guess hers?
Her alternate is a Halloweener who hides the fact he's actually a vampire under his shitty plastic teeth.

Honestly I'm not as happy with Headcases either, Sixth world doesnt really NEED the Mr Smith virus. But it fits the character

Right but, and i can be wrong. Doesnt CFD eat your mind before replacing it, replacing your nanintes would just make you a blank canvas again.

Anyway traditions? I was going to go with a nontoxic Adversary, or maybe Rat? The mentor spirits important because even if i drop the CFD this will be all the poor girl has.

Any non-academic tradition and any mentor spirit works, really. But if you mean sticking to the theme of only shining under pressure, Chaos Magic (SG p.44) sticks out. It's broad on what it could be for anyone, but with the common themes of not investigating how it works too much and acting/going with the flow rather than planning. For a mentor... uh, Rat probably fits the most, yeah. Stays away from fighting and prioritizes survival, but when forced into fighting, fights to win.

Is it me, or is armour really not that protective in 4e? 5 armor plus 3 body is 8 dice, likely 2 - 3 hits, against a minimum damage of 6, usually.

Seems shit. Am I missing something?

Thank you. I'll keep looking for alternatives just in case but now I got a idea to stick with.

Now I just have to make sure the other characters dont suck.

Where the fuck are you getting 5 armor? Even a basic armored jacket is 12. A helmet is 3, and you can get a shitload of +armor addons, like gel packs, forearm guards, armor kits, and so on.

If I'm using an FN P93 Praetor with -2 concealability should I get a machine pistol for silent work or can I just slap a sound suppressor on the SMG?

>5 armor plus 3 body is 8 dice, likely 2 - 3 hits, against a minimum damage of 6, usually.
A basic Armor Jacket is 8/6 Armor and a helmet turns it into 9/8.

That, and weapon damage was much, much lower in 4e than it was in 5e.

Furthermore, armor's main purpose is to turn Physical attacks into Stun attacks. Reducing the total damage is nice too, but less desperately urgent.

With 3 Body, an Armor Jacket, and a helmet, you're looking at an average of 4 damage removed from every attack, and with an Ares Predator requiring 5+ hits on attacks to do Physical damage to you.

That's pretty solid.

Anyone running any 4e or 5e text games? I figured I'd ask here before trying the gamefinder thread.

Sorry, omae, none that need players.

Okay, trying this again...

So I'm making a character currently named something like Lucky Steve or Lucky Pete, whose whole deal is going to be that he is a street smart bruiser jackass who is HILARIOUSLY unlucky. And I don't want him to just be "Low Edge with the Bad Luck trait", I mean everything he does has a good chance of going hilariously wrong and honestly no one can really tell why he's still alive/ gets work.

He's way early in the planning stage so I'd like to hear how you'd put him together. Currently I'm kinda thinking "A lot of tech skills with Gremlins 4" or something. And I know about Borrowed Time, but I'm low on negative quality space here.

So you want to just make a character who sucks and ruins everything for the party by simply existing.

Have you considered not gearing a character on losing a lot? You can just make him street where everyone else is experienced then he'll fail a LOT.

Anyone got suggestions on finding a text game for a prospective player that wants to use the system but has no connections to any groups or experience with organized gamefinding?

Check out the Accident spirit power (SR5 p.394). It'd be a little balance work but if your GM is willing to hedge it in, homebrew a negative quality that involves one or more non-bound spirits just using it on the character occasionally because something about him pisses them off (or it's just really funny to them, who knows).

DM cooperation.

Is there a space in chummer for my character's pronouns?

>Is there a space in chummer for my character's pronouns?
Yeah, on the Character Info tab there's a slot called Sex. That's where you write whether your character is a Chummer or an Omae.

There's space for miscellaneous notes. Put them there if you care.