Return to classic edition

Return to classic edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OJxIK5WunuU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for GSC breaking the meta.

First for the Patriarchy!
The Genestealers will rip and tear the other armies once more!

but isn't breaking the meta a good thing? put some fear in shooting armies and shake things up

Plastic Harker/New Catachans/New Cadians when?

Never.

>dedicate to Khorne
I'm not sure I can combine Destroyer of Cities with MoK, and the model is a full blown siege dread.
>Ectoplasm Forgefiends
The plasma cannons are expensive and sheer dakka helps with BS3. I'd take a third hades autocannon if I could.

>swapping out basic special weapons
>keeping the same unit composition
>"nurr list tailoring"
Nah fuck you man. I'm not going to keep throwing plasma at a 4+ horde just for the sake of it. For fuck's sake they still fulfil the exact same role, CSM in Rhino harass enemy infantry and the Chosen create area denial with the threat of special weapons vomit. 8/10 troll for making me reply in new general.

Nth for fuck strains need to learn basic stats

...So, stealers really don't have any options in this book?

before sisters at least, i guess GW doesn't see the market in making new astra or conversion kits. maybe no one on the design team is fond of them lately

>thinks he can justify his bullshit tailoring
Yeah, naa you are a cunt if you do this. you say this is an all comers list then tailor it. What a wanker

>Destroyer of Cities with MoK
why wouldn't you be able to? DoC just swaps your weapons out, ded. of khon give rage and rampage, its the best!
the cannons are free brah, they only cost if you buy a third one

>GW making Battlemats confirmed

>tries to list tailor
>accuses others of being trash
Do you tell your opponent what you do before you play, or are you a lair as well as a cheat?

Do they need anything other than Flesh Hooks? Even those have became more redundant because of the Cult Ambush

They only lost:
>Adrenal Glands (Furious Charge), but they get that when attached to Pat
>Broodlord, but Broodlord effectively got buffed, moved to the HQ slot, and renamed to Pat
>Toxin Sacs. Only thing Genestealers "truly" lost.

Question: Did Purestrains get moved to 32mm bases with GSC?

That's a good thing, right?

>That iron
Adorable

>Adrenal Glands
>Toxin Sacs
>Things that are grown by the hive fleets
Makes sense for them to lose them

Looks like it, though its a good move for them.

Those arms made actually getting into b2b contact on 25mm a pain. At least now things will be a little easier.

I was wanting to play knights and wanted to know if Dark Angels would go good with them. Has anyone done this before? Have the knight be the big gun while the angles get rid of any thing that hurt it while still being good units.

Available for the low price of $149.99!

Awesome. I got like 40-ish Genestealers from Space Hulk. Might have to get them up and running.

And I agree, 25mm were way too tiny for their models

85$

It's not a terrible combo.
What aspect of Dank Angles were you thinking?

>Deathwing
>Ravenwing
>Greenwing

But... thats wrong size isnt it? thats 4'x4' and normal games are play 4'x6'

For real though?

>greenwing

youtube.com/watch?v=OJxIK5WunuU

>?

It's a KillTeam table.
Probably both an experiment and a way to make KT a more easy entry for new players.

Death wing because terminators are what I love about space Marines in general. Plus being able to drop them were I need them is nice

Yes

So all the stuff from GSC has been leaked but I cant find 2 things that I need to ally my IG some sweet meleemashers:

Hybrid Metamorphs
The ambush formation that rolls multiple dice for Cult Ambush.

>pick desert colors for basing contrast as the only options were snow or desert
>have desert fat mat and terrain
>GW makes desert planet stronghold mat

Desert master race

Where exactly do you draw the line when it comes to being prepared vs. list tailoring? If you know you're going up against a horde army, is bringing more flamers than usual an acceptable practice?

Do we know what the Webber and Web pistol do yet?

Personally, unless its a special scenario, i say any changes are tailoring really: you bring a good all comers list, or whatever the meta is, and leave it how you wrote it. My local has a rules that you have to write your list and give to an opponent before the game.

Unless its some fucking 4 knight faggot
then you can got for it

Soooo, anybody got the full dex?

12/16 range, str 3/4 both are small blast, ap=str of target

Always ask your opponent. That we he can tailor his list too. He playes IG? Suprise, all tanks! You know he might bring tanks and he knows you know? Ha! All infantry!

In the end just inform your opponent about this and decide if you want to tailor lists or not. Two-way tailoring makes the game more fair.

>Not having a mountainous desert planet theme

Best of both worlds

Yes

Pistol is S:3 small blast and rifle is S:4 large blast. Both have a rule where AP is opponents strength

Oh

Ohhhh

Enfeeble lowers strength does it not? These guys say current strength.

that's pretty neat, specialized good, makes eldar have a bad day for sure
not sure how often I would take those over the seismic cannon

>I'm facing Tyranids, so I'll bring more flamers than usual
Acceptable

>I'm facing that Tyranids dude, but I know he plays mostly big creatures, so I'll pack more plasma/grav than I would ever do against any other Tyranid.
Douchebaggy

>Roll enfeeble
>Enfeeble Space Marines
>AP3 Webbing time

Spiderstealer hooo!

Was just thinking that. in fact -1 str fucks over almost everyone bar TEQ and MCs

When GW will start making battlecarpets? I want personaly step/lie on burning/sodomized/daemonic world.

I play likeOnly exceptions is if I bring my Anvil Strikeforce I'll let my opponent know I'm bringing more vehicles than usual.

All 'normal' games around here are played on a 4 by 4. 4 by 6 sounds like apoc.

Sounds like a lot of effort just to take down maybe one or two marines per shot.

Enfeeble brings down T as well no? if so then 4 webbers could whipe a squad. not amazing i will admit, but certainly amusing.

I think changing squad weapons like wants to is okay, when you start swapping out entire units because they're more effective against specific foes that's crossing the line.

Way back in 4e there was a Tau player that had a literal notebook full of army list variations for specific foes and tactics. You'd say "I play X" and he'd flick through to his anti-X list and that'd be what he'd play. I wonder where he is now and if anyone ever punched his smug fucking face in.

You're absolutely right, it's still kind of a neat trick though. We don't usually see stuff that goes off of a modified stat.

...What? What manner of normal games you play, 1000pts? 6x4 is normal size for 1500-2000 games. Apoc is even bigger.

And considering if the webbing team takes causalities you can Return to the Shadows to replace them.

Especially if you roll a 5 for double shooting.

Effective? Not terribly. I'd give them a C
Hilarious tho, bunch of mutants appearing from a sewer, webbing up a squad of marines and then jumping away... like an evil spiderman

Since the plastic modular table are too expensive and unpractical for most people, and seeing the success of other companies with their battlemats, I say it's very probable we'll see all kind of mats soon enough.

GW will destroy all the other companies by share distribution power alone if they do so.

This was back in the days when tau were arguable the most taliorable lists, with all those spcial weaons

Speaking of which, is 1,5k doable on 4x4? That's about the biggest I can get at home.

Still can't decide between adding Space Wolves, which would be a nice change of aesthetics, or a Lion's Blade Strike Force, which would feel more fluffy and less WAACy, to me current Raven/Deathwing army.

Any suggestions for either option?

The Spacewolves would probably end up being in their Start Collecting formation with a beefed up TWC unit and ThunderWolf Lord with the eventuality of a wulfen pack.

The Lion's Blade would probably be small Tac Squads shoved in Rhinos because they are the only SM Troop Transport I like.

Is it possible to choose named commander (like R'Alai or R'Myr) in Tau Retaliation Force or there can be only Generic/Farsight?

I wouldn't do anything over 1000pts on a 4x4, and even that is far from ideal.

>1,5k on 4x4
That shit ain't even drive up and shoot at each other, that's deploy and shoot at each other.

If you currently have ravenwing and deathwing, then supplement your army by getting the parts for the lions blade. It will give you more flexibility in the future.

Also DA have fast melee bikes, good shooting and can easily use many of their models to run a 30k version of themselves. If you are going to start another army, don't make it another marine army.

Wolves and danks hate each other, so stick with more emos than furries

>Wolves and danks hate each other
Isn't it more of a friendly rivalry? Unless GW has changed the fluff again for more $$$.

Thanks, haven't played the game yet so forgive me for my dumb question.

only what the formation specifically says you can bring.

Forgeworld (usually) says its all okay to include their speical characters as replacements for their generic counterparts in formations, but you'll need some sort of proof of that (usually they respond to emails)

when it first happend it was a friendly rivalry, but its deepen over time and they really don't get on. this isnt new

There's no such thing as a stupid question.

I'd say it's more like just a rivalry. Period.

They'll work together.

Plus now that the Danks having began bombing the Fenris System

That whole charge on turn one is pretty legit

Sisters and Eldar BTFO : The gun

You will show me your favorite paintjob of Tyranids right now or I will SHOOT every Felinid in Carlos McConnell.

Don't try me motherfuckers, do it.

Hilariously, with the rifle and enfeeble you can ID sisters and eldar

>getting the parts for the lions blade
>use many of their models to run a 30k

Although I havent seen 30k in my area I was going to get B@C because I thought those tacticals looked cooler than the regular ones.

They just have honorable combat whenever they meetup. When it comes down to the Emperor's Work then everyone does their part.

Its a rivalry but they do have a lot of "cultural" differences.

Keep your hate-speech out of here frog-poster :^)

No. Burn the mutant, and the frogposter

>I will SHOOT every Felinid in Carlos McConnell
Whatever.

Someone has begun fielding sisters of battle at our store. What is it like to play against them?

I am probably in the minority of taste but I really liked those cell shaded tyranids. They look like something out of a comic book.

Nice try GW. This is only 20 bucks at KMart and is the best battle mat ever

Its like facing Guardsman that worship fire and melta. Those walker things can be pretty brutal.

Basically if you have AV all over the field you may get fucked, same if you have a horde army.
They mess up my Ravenwing wit their templates but they fold like paper when they get shot at.

>that guy who always takes cover behind the cows

Is it worth grabbing Traitors Hate for a Crimson Slaughter CSM army?

OC Tau content coming through.

Criticism, advice, questions, etc... are all greatly appreciated.

1/3

>with bolters and enfeeble you can ID sisters and eldar
fixed that for you

>I will SHOOT every Felinid

3/3

I'm trying to build the fluff and crunch for a new unit.

Definitely not.

CS can't use the most important bonus of the detachment, and the Possessed formation has a Deamon Prince, so you can't use it.
It's a shame, that would have been very interesting.

they're highly effective msu with 6++ everywhere and lots of flamer/melta in rhinos

One list to conqer all.

>Playing Tau
>Being a fucking Weeb

Can I get some help on this list idea lads? Comes to about 1000 points right now.

Chaos lord in Termi armour
MoT
4 Chaos Termies with MoT and lightning claws

5 Termies
MoT
Autocannon
Power fist

5 Termies
MoT
Autocannon
Power fist

3 Hellbrutes
1 Plasma cannon
2 other weapons.

What should I be looking to add to this to flesh it out and what weapons should the other 2 dreads get? Going for a pick up games list, something that can win but doesn't instagib the other army on turn 1.

>everybody who plays tau is a weeb
>surely there are no incorrect assumptions about me because of the faction i like

Your list seems really easy to out maneuver.

I'll bite.

Can you go over the differences between this and XV-109 Y'vahra Battlesuit?

Because from skimming through. It looks like you took the best of the Y'vahra and merged with the best of the classic (+1 W, option for 3++)

>Anybody not liking orks