Kaladesh gets released in a day. Anyone got some Standard brews prepared?

Kaladesh gets released in a day. Anyone got some Standard brews prepared?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/flying-dutchman-1/

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-09-16-szO-bant-control/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vroomvroomdek/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/green-black-energy/
youtube.com/watch?v=Nbj2_RxzcgU
deckstats.net/decks/47438/573767-sh-tfinity/en
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kaladesh-standard-jeskai-artifactz/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-09-16-dKV-rg-aggro/
deck(dot)tk/5tjl3von
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blood-smugglers/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/paradoxical-puzzleknots/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Threw this together, needs a lot more work still though.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-09-16-szO-bant-control/

I'll be playing some aetherflux nonsense for sure. I've got my deck nine cards from finished.

There's been several builds out there for it. I've had sold games with it against red white beats, but if I'm on the draw I can have trouble stabilizing in time.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vroomvroomdek/

If vehicles are wrong,. I don't want to be right.

Don't have a decklist yet, but I want to make a WU control shitbrew with Thalia, Baan, control enchants, and Elder Deep Fried. Maybe with a side of flicker and bounce.

This...kind of. Too lazy to edit rn.

Just a budget brew until I can see how some cards work out. This nigga ain't got time for playtesting

I can't wait to get BTFO

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/green-black-energy/

I've never played standard before (mostly a modern player) and I'm thinking of building a budget deck for it just to fuck around. Is this deck okay?

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbj2_RxzcgU

I have pretty much zero knowledge of the standard meta and not really expecting to top 8 with it, just playing for the sake of playing.

Honestly, it's probably a fine starting point. You most likely won't have any standard staples in that deck, but it looks competitive enough to have fun with.

This is the deck (sort of) that I'm going to bring. It's probably at least twice as much as what The Prof has, and might only be 1.5x as consistent as what he uploaded. And honestly, when I watched that video I was like "damn, that looks like fun".

But once the meta at my lgs shakes out, I'll probably end up spending waaay more on a deck than I have any business doing.

I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm not planning to stay in standard. I just wanted to play jank with Kaladesh cause the set actually looks pretty fun compared to "Coco and Midrange: The format"

Yeah. It should be fun.

Deck seems pretty unorganized, you have a random smattering of aggro cards like scrap heap and syndicate trafficer, and then some control and midrange cards like skyship and gearhulk.

Also, dark dwellers is pretty bad with so few spells to abuse.

Alright guys, rate and hate.

I dont expect the deck to be perfect, as it is a personal brew, but I want it to be competitive.

Feel free to critique sideboard as well.

deckstats.net/decks/47438/573767-sh-tfinity/en

Still working on a Standard deck. Gonna be RG energy, holy shit is the deck hurting for burn though. Collective Defiance works but man is it a really boring and clunky card.

Everyone else building the deck is confused whether or not to run hydras or Fleetwheel cruisers (Car's better) and isn't realizing Akoum Firebird is pretty good in the deck since it can come back after a wrath.

Really hope the deck gets some cool energy production in Aether Revolt. Hopefully something that can shoot the face.

Another deck option I'm considering is Pummeler Green energy with an Atherworks marvel chucked in to grab free shit every one in a while.

I made this god knows if this shitbrew will work or not though.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kaladesh-standard-jeskai-artifactz/

i assume the sky skiffs are a budget thing? If not smuggler's copter is MUCH better.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-09-16-dKV-rg-aggro/
Here's a budget list I threw together. Didn't go all in on energy. Any comments?

Brewing sultai emerge. Sucks losing Gather the Pack, but hopefully Perpetual Timepiece and Scrapheap Scrounger can fill in the gaping hole the lack of one card leaves. May use Corpse Churn to dig through the deck faster acting as grapple 5-8. I'm gonna absolutely hate smuggler's copter in this format so hopefully kozi's rape train can do enough to stop those shenanigans. If not, there's noose constrictor, who I originally wanted to cut to make room for the scroungers.

Man. I'm scared to buy packs for this set, even for fun. I'd be better off buying SOI/EMN if I want any chance of recouping my cost on packs.

I'm looking to play modules and hopefully combustible gearhulk in the same deck

Not so much budget as nobody at my prerelease pulled any and I either traded or bought or pulled the rest. I will end up getting the smug copter once my store gets some. But how is the deck otherwise.

Just draft, its more fun that way

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vroomvroomdek/

No start your engines? Seems like an oversight

Looks neato. Kinda hard to see where the Energy Aggro decks go since the format is so young. I forgot about the Werewolf lord having haste so she's probably a lot better than brazen scourge with what I've been testing. Might try running her since she can flip the other wolves.

Only thing I would suggest is maybe Servant of the Conduit and Attune to Aether for mana fixing and extra energy but even then I'm not sold on them in aggro lists.They generate more energy to keep pumping your brawlers and keep your hellion around if they don't have answers for it.

I feel you could probably ditch the mainboard Hydras for Fleetwheel cruiser. Use Hydras in the sideboard against decks with lots of spot removal and -x/-x based removal.

Also since you run a bunch of 1 drops you can also try out Reckless Bushwhacker for stronger pushes.

I'm probably going to draft it a few times on MTGO, it looks fun.

Man, I'd rather buy OGW packs for chase ultra-mythics.

but kaladesh has ultra-mythics too

The vampire deck from his other video seems to be much better.

yeah but OGW has better cards.

Started working on a list for turbo Metalwork Colossus but declaration in stone exists. Probably including eldrazi mimic for extra attacks.

>OGW has better cards

GDD, Sylvan Advocate, Oath of Nissa. Also smaller set so better chance to get the value cards.

Oh yeah, Kalitas.

Probably going to try and throw together some RG Aggro deck, with Reckless Bushwacker and Voltaic Brawler.

Whats good for lowering colossus cost? Im thinking deadlock playset and Blue puzzleknots

Sylvan Advocate is the only thing you listed that is still worth a damn. Everything else lost much with the rotate.

If anyone is interested in seeing a deck that uses Paradoxical Outcome and Woodweavers Puzzleknot to do insane things I'll post it when I get back to my PC. The current iteration has been killing consistently with Aetherflux Reservoir

I would be, pretty stoked that a psudo-storm deck is actually possible in this format.

R8 my shitbrew:
deck(dot)tk/5tjl3von

I'll post the current iteration then in a few
It does have Storm-y turns but it actually plays more like Sphinx's Rev control decks since you grind the game out for a turn where you draw a few cards and gain a bunch of life and energy for cheap.

I know this might be probably bad, but eternal scourge seems like it can be looped in that deck both as a shield and to have a spell to cast to keep gaining life.

Quick question with Aetherflux Reservoir. If you do pay the 50 life to nuke something, could your opponents respond to the activation cost and burn your face? It would be pretty shitty to pay 50, be at 1 and they collective defiance you in response.

Could you prevent this by going "Pay 50 life, holding priority I deal 50 to you." ?

Nope, they could respond.

Of course, you could cast another spell and gain lots of life in response to that again.

I wouldn't count on it, it only goes into exile if a spell or ability your opponent controls targets it. So using it as a blocker doesn't trigger it's ability to put it into exile. They also wouldn't ever use their spells or abilities on it unless they were desperate.

Foundry Inspector doesn't count directly due to being a creature but the -1 cost to everything else helps you get to 11 faster.

Cultivator's Caravan taps for mana and is the right size for the Inspector to drive. It might be right to replace it with Bazaar Barge depending if the mana fixing matters.

Because I'm afraid of the Colossus being killed without attacking I'm looking at 2 Haunted Cloaks to let it run across early. Key to the city for unblockable may work instead.

Hedron Archive depends on the rest of the deck. It is probably late unless you have other big things you want to cast.

Aether Flask rotates but Prophetic Prism and Black Puzzleknot are cheap cantrip artifacts. Blue too, scry 2 is pretty close to draw a card, Especially if you cast a cantrip one right after. These are cheap rocks that you can throw away to bring it back from the grave as well.

Because I am including Eldrazi Mimics for extra big guys I decided to add Fleetwheel Cruiser for them to drive in.

I'm a cheapo but Sahili copy artifacts still have their mana cost or can be sacrificed to get the Colossus back.

Yeah they can burn you, but you will have way more than you need.

Are the copters worth it? this is my first standard deck in a long time

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blood-smugglers/
this is the decklist

Also consider refab or aetherworks marvel, cheating artifacts in the old fashioned way is very doable

Paradoxical Outcome deck for whoever was interested

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/paradoxical-puzzleknots/

The only special things in the SB are a Dynavolt Tower and a Deadlock Trap

Gonna love Paradoxical Outcome in my Niv Mizzet EDH, bounce all my tapped manarocks, draw 5-10 cards, end turn with a massive hand that you can wheel.

Losing to Lost Legacy is all I do

Thoughts on a deck with maybe 2~3 of each of these, and just fuckloads of removal?

For sure. My locals also let you buy a given pack and get a new one so money cards don't lead to bad drafting. It's been relevant once or twice

I like that card but haven't tested. Shat on people at the prerelease. Actually removing vehicles is counterintuitive a lot of the time, at least in g1 and they just sit around

I have been running these two together for a bit. Currently in the BG shell with Prized Amalgams

Requiring artifact destruction at everything but instant speed has gotta be nice, I'm sure loading vehicles with start your engines is going to win some games post-fumigate

He missed way too much good shit with his vampire video. Falkenrath Gorger in particular, which is a fucking 2/1 for R that gives all your vampires in hand madness.

Any tips on drafting Kaladesh? Strong colours, archetypes, etc. Gonna crack open and draft a sealed display (yes. a display per person) sometime soon. It's overwhelming just to think about building a 40 card deck out of a 500+ pool.

You can probably do things with Thermo-Alchemist, Harnessed Lightning, Dynavolt Tower and other assorted energy cards I think.

I'm currently playing U/B zombies and can't decide how I want to adjust it with Kaladesh. Smuggler's Copter seems like a given since it's a better Vryn's Prodigy and a lot fucking cheaper at the moment. Think I should drop anything, aside from the stuff that's obviously rotating out, like Diregraf Colossus or swap a Haunted Dead or two for Scrapheap Scrounger? Scrapheap seems like it could be a more reliable Amalgam trigger since it's revive cost doesn't make you discard. My current pre-rotation list is:

Liliana, the Last Hope x2

Cryptbreaker x4
Relentless Dead x4
Prized Amalgam x4
Haunted Dead x4
Gisa and Geralf x2
Haunted Dead x4
Voldaren Pariah x3
Fleshbag Marauder x1*
Nantuko Husk x1*
Diregraf Colossus x3

Dark Salvation x4
Grasp of Darkness x3
Collective Brutality x1

Sunken Hollow x4
Choked Estruary x4
Swamp x12
Island x1
Geier Reach Sanitarium x1
Westvale Abbey x2

might want to consider some sort of colorless aggro with the colorless blue lord and also the artifact lord.

Mono black

You got your Lost Legacy
You got your Eternal Scourge
Target yourself with Lost legacy and name Eternal Scourge
Millions of removal spells
free wins

I'm not really sure what to do, so I just poorly rebuilt Red/White Humans . Wondering about Toolcraft Exemplar, but I don't know if I have enough artifacts.

Creature (21)

4x Bomat Courier

3x Hanweir Garrison
4x Inventor's Apprentice
2x Thalia, Heretic Cathar
4x Thalia's Lieutenant
4x Thraben Inspector

Land (20)

2x Hanweir Battlements
4x Inspiring Vantage
2x Mountain
4x Needle Spires
8x Plains

Artifact (3)

3x Smuggler's Copter

Enchantment (9)

3x Always Watching
3x Giant Spectacle
3x Gryff's Boon

Sorcery (7)

4x Declaration in Stone
3x Incendiary Flow

Thoughts on Duskwatch Recruiter in Temur Emerge? The flip side synergizes well with Elder Deep-Fiend (pass and flash in for 1 less), and in a pinch it trades with anything in white weenie. Losing Jace is bad but this might be a decent replacement.

I spent $35 and "rode the wave" to 42 packs because of two masterpieces

Dusk is good pretty much everywhere, but I'd only run him if I needed the creature-card draw. If the deck stalls out, run it.

Huh, limited Affinity (for Artifacts) colossus. Nice sac outlet if you can generate some cheap artifact tokens.

Just opened a box. Didn't get a single duplicate rare or mythic. Kind of pissed because that means brewing anything playable means I have to buy lots of singles.

Notable cards were:
Smuggler's Copter
Depala, Pilot Exemplar
Nissa, Vital Force
Rashmi, Eternities Crafter
Cataclysmic Gearhulk
Combustible Gearhulk
Skysovereign, Consul Flagship

Still really tempted to try that Module combo. Also interested in Marionette Master, Panharmonicon, and Eliminate the Competition.

Really liking this set. A lot of different ways to build it.

>Kind of pissed because that means brewing anything playable means I have to buy lots of singles.
You should have bought singles in the first place. You could have easily gotten most if not all the cards you needed with the around 100 dollars you spent. Also boxes are set up in a way to avoid having duplicate rares and mythics in order to optimize drafting.

going to play grixis thing memerange to stomp out all the aggro week 1 while real lists get finalized.

Another Zombie player here. Drop relentless dead for scrapheap scourger. Relentless dead is SOMETIMES great while scrapheap scourger is way more relentless than the dead. Also why no mindbender? It gives you even more plays on their turn.

Where's gossipomnger? Do you hate value?

I've got two Mindbenders in my sideboard. I'm pretty fond of Relentless, really. Being able to trade it's death for whatever you have enough mana to revive works out pretty well for me. Even just trading one for itself is pretty useful to me.

You can feed scrapheap scourger at any time to crpytbreaker/haunted dead, and that's a huge pro for me.

>stomp out all the aggro

good luck. there's going to be a lot of 4x Voltaic Bruiser lists running around

>Kalitas
>Chandra
>Nissa
>Sylvan Advocate
>Oath of Nissa
>Eldrazi Displacer
>Goblin Dark-Dwellers
>Grasp of Darkness
>Kozileks Return
>World Breaker
>Reality Smasher
>Thought Knot Seer
>Matter Reshaper
>Reflector Mage
>The three man-lands
Honorable Mentions
>Negate
>Eldrazi Mimic
>Kozilek, Great Distortion
>Sea Gate Wreckage

I was thinking of using them more as an alternative or companion to Haunted Dead. They fill the same role for the most part, but getting around having to discard makes Scrapheap playable a lot more often than Haunted. Relentless is there to chump and revive another Relentless, or bring back bigger bodies like Diregraf later in the game.

Trying to build something around Saheeli. Not sure there are enough good artifacts though.

>Kozilel

U wot m8

I'm thinking green white tokens might work still. With the worse- raise the alarm and the big techno angel backing up lil' Nissa and Gideon

Not him, but I like new Kozi better than the OG. Way more flavorful card tbqh famalamadingdong.

Its still the worst neo-titan of them all though. The best being Ulamog.

Make sure to use Indian grandma, the tokens she makes are the shit

...who?

volt brawler is an X/2, bro. i maindeck flaying tendrils. you do the math.

3 angel of invention
3 nissa, voice of zendikar
3 Gideon, ally of zendikar
4 servo exhibition
3 Oviya Pashiri, sage lifecrafter
4 oath of nissa
3 oath of gideon
4 fortified village
4 Canopy Vista
8 forest
8 plains
4 stasis snare
4 cogworker's puzzleknot
2 cataclysmic gearhulk
3 animation module

Very basic draft of what it might look like. There are quite a lot of servo toys.

dont talk to me or my wifes son ever again

I thought I might do a low mana cost Madness Vampires that has a lot to do with things that trigger when your creatures die and Macabre Waltz. Any suggestions?

I don't fucking understand how Wizards can have a heavy tribal block like Innistrad and follow it up with a block that has absolutely ZERO support for those tribes.

I don't care much for tribal decks, but I think that is a fucking ridiculous situation. And artifact block should be flanked by two blocks that contain artifacts and tribal blocks flanked with blocks that contain those tribes.

Why the fuck did they introduce Aetherborn when they could be zombies or spirits. Would it have been so hard to have vampiric craftsmen. Fucking Dwarfs instead of throwing back to Kithkin.

I'm currently at a loss on what to build because so much looks both fun and viable.

Think any cards will climb due to demand or will the sheer supply from people hunting for Masterpieces keep things in check?

i have been wondering that as well. i have only been playing magic for about 2 years now but it seems like they release almost enough cards to make a good themed deck and then switch to something else everytime

smuggler's copter already peaked
depala will spike hard if the hotwheels deck does anything
blue hulk will hit 15
green hulk will drop to 10

Well they do it all the time. And every time they bring back a tribe the community sucks their dick about it completely ignoring all the other past times the tribes are useless.

Just you watch, the next set won't have energy counters. There goes another mechanic into the trash.

Eventually you become numb to every single gimmick in each block knowing nobody, the players or Wizards, are going to care if anybody remembers what happened last block.

I know you haven't been around a lot, but Kaladesh is basically Scars of Mirrodin with +1/+1 counters and no Infect. They even have a cycle of Limited-breaking, possibly Constructed-breaking Titans to remind us of that era.

Speak for yourself, I finally got the dwarf lord I was waiting for since Balthor.

Good for you, and if they had made them Kithkin a hundred times more people would be happy as their Kithkin lords would become minutely useful again.

I don't give a shit either way, but I would prioritize the happiness of a hundred (or a dozen) times more players over you and the few people who remember Dwarfs are in the game.

And I don't know why Wizards doesn't share my sentiment.

huh, the other formats are starting to look better and better honestly

I think this deck looks ridiculous and fun. I eagerly await any updates. I have no idea what to change since I'm unfamiliar with the set, but what do you have to protect against artifact removal which will be extremely plentiful this set (esp. with RG being the new agro meme deck)? Is it all Disappearing Act?

I feel like you should run a higher amount of counters/protection or recurrence; besides the one Timepiece, you have no way to recur anything important and if they pack more removal than you have answers to (which, once again, is very likely this standard), you kind of get screwed by the lack of other threats that aren't Surge-Crush or 'Walkers (whom you have few creatures to defend).

Maybe I'm all off because I haven't played anything but sealed and draft in the past year, but it seems to just be a bit vulnerable.

Working on a Combustible Gearhulk/Contingency Plan deck, I feel like I could cut down on the 1-2drop creatures for a few more instants/sorceries. Also have no idea what to sideboard in, honestly. Maybe more artifacts or some vehicles.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/erupting-burning-gearhulk/

I been messing around with B/U Eldrazi with death triggers.

Check out Gavony Unhollowed, pretty nicely costed common that grows stronger with each death. Zoolaport Cutthroat is also a definite one.

Can we talk about how Aetherworks Marvel is broken and how Sky Sovergein is way too Strong?

What are the blue cards? I was thinking either green for the cheaper card like Gavony Unhollowed and Noose Constrictor or red for Madness cards and utility for it.

>Just you watch, the next set won't have energy counters.
Aether Revolt will probably still have them, since energy is aether
But the next BLOCK won't have them for sure