Superhero General

We had an awesome superhero general last week filled with some cool ideas and great discussion. Let's try to keep it up!

Talk about your plots, get help with designing characters, and discuss potential systems here!

>System repository
pastebin.com/bU7vZFAN

> Superhero thread
I'm really tempted to post the story of Jackal.

Just spit it out already, faggot.

So yesterday I had my inaugural session of a new campaign. We're trying out the Masks system for the first time, and it went pretty well. We burned through character creation, then did a short and sweet prologue that helped establish everyone's 'normal' routines, and then a bit of interaction between them. The session ended on them starting to plan for their next adventure.

Which leaves me with planning on what that adventure's gonna turn out to be! I figured I might as well talk about it in a thread, see what people think, and if they have any suggestions.

I won't bore everyone with unnecessary details. Here's the essentials:

The backstory of one of the heroes, Venn, is that he was hired to steal a device from a corporation, "SPNS" (Syndicate of Personal Nanosecurity). When he returned to give it to his employer, he found them dead. Desperate, he activated the device to escape, and discovered it was a teleportation device.

Over the past week, the journalism teacher of two of the heroes, Skull and AO (they're teenage heroes) has been hinting heavily that he has a big scoop for his blog. They both independently looked into it, though one of them called Venn in to help, since his hints made it sound dangerous, and they found he'd broken into SPNS and been detained. They broke him out of his cell, helped him home, and hoped that'd be that.

The guy, though, wrote an article about "the punks" who saved him from SPNS on his blog, and it went viral. So now they've kinda been forced into being a team. They exchange contact info, decide to work together since everyone seems to want them to, and nothing happens... until the next time Skull and AO go to class, and find their teacher is gone, replaced by a substitute.

Worried, Skull ditches class and texts everyone to look into the whereabouts of the teacher. They meet up, get to planning, and that's the end of the session.

(Cont in next post)

> Join a group online, playing Mutants and Masterminds.
> All players are new, DM is extremely hands off, tells me to create whatever I want.
> So I create Jackal.
> Jackal lacks any superpowers beyond offscreen teleportation through the air ducts.
> Otherwise, he's a pretty generic cowl-type hero - he's got a stun gun, smoke bombs, a baton, C4. He's a stealther with some supertech to distantly jam guns, and he's got a grappling hook.
> His defining characteristics are that he's kinda a dick. Not some sort of grand douche, just generally arrogant, impolite, doesn't think much of authority figures.
> That's basically it.
> Another player creates a flying brick - superfast, superstrong, flies. He's essentially Iron Man, except his armor is magic.
> Our token girl creates a fey with telepathic abilities and some magic.
> The fourth player creates some irish guy with a golden magic spear, but he barely shows up to sessions.
> While this game had some memorable - mainly bad - moments, I'll focus on Jackal's misadventures in particular.
> From the beginning, he has it pretty rough - our first session is an entrance exam to the local version of Justice League. It's some sort of VR with alien enemies.
> Flying Brick decides to establish himself as the leader from the start and formulates a plan - Jackal decides that the plan is stupid and goes his own way, sabotaging virtual aliens' engines.
> When we're done, the simulation ends - three of the heroes are accepted into the league, but Jackal isn't - as he's told, he's too independent, too reckless.
> Jackal shrugs, it's not the end of the world - he'll just continue being a vigilante.
> Despite him not being a member of the league, he's still a party member - just unoficially. However, after a few adventures I begin noticing something.

> Flying Brick, Fey and Spearman seem to not like him. Understandable - even kinda what I was going for.
> The League, cops, politicians, even villains - everybody except for his robot waifu that DM inserted to throw him a bone - seem to hate his guts. Absolutely despise him.
> Huh.
> At the time, I've thought that it's because, well, he's a dick.
> It wasn't until nearly the end of the campaign when I've learned the truth.
> So, after we're done fighting nazis, aliens, zombies, weird crystal dudes, aliens again, terrorists and other villains, DM throws demonic ninjas at us.
> Each of us does his thing - Brick punches, Fey shoots magic blasts, I shoot people.
> After we're done, I decide to interrogate one of them about their leader - so I grab him by the throat and scream into his face.
> DM says that he doesn't react. Because he's dead.
> I ask him if it's some sort of cyanide pill, but he says no.
> "You've killed him."
> Ask him how it happened.
> "Well, you shot him in the face. With a gun. You said so yourself."
> Suddenly, everything becomes clear.
> This whole time the DM and the whole party thought that Jackal was murdering his way through encounters, shooting everyone dead and leaving a river of blood behind the party.
> My character sheet clearly says "stun gun".
> Wait.
> Ask the DM if he ever actually looked at my character sheet.
> "Well, not really, I've thought you can handle chargen. Why?"
> mfw

Topkek

They've given me a lot of hooks to work with, even besides the plot, so now I get the joy of making something interesting out of it all.

The Punks have all assumed SPNS - "Spoons" - are evil, and that the journalism teacher is in danger, possibly dead, because of that big scoop he was investigating. Their evidence in favor of this hypothesis is that Venn's employers died after he was hired to steal the teleporter, and that SPNS seems to have serious security and gadgetry for a company none of them have ever heard of.

I think I want to punish them for just leaping to a conclusion, here. It was well within the right of this SPNS corporation to detain the teacher - he broke in, after all! - and there's no evidence that the death of Venn's employer was caused by SPNS at all.

I'm thinking SPNS is a paragovernmental agency, masquerading as a corporation, that investigates how to 'create' superheroes with advanced technology. Rather than hope and pray that heroes are born that happen to want to help our their government, the government can just give powers to people they've already recruited. Much more efficient.

This means SPNS is dangerous - since they want to stay secret, and are rightfully suspicious of anyone looking into them - but they aren't necessarily villainous. I like that angle.

The people who killed Venn's employers, then, could be supervillains looking to interfere with SPNS. Whether this means corporate espionage, reverse-engineering their devices, or political purposes - such as the prevention of a hand-picked governmental superhero team, for example - I'm not sure about.

Any ideas on what angle sounds most interesting? So far this campaign seems to be leaning towards being more adventurous and light-hearted, though with grounded real-life elements - kinda like Spider-Man. That leads me to lean away from political and morally gray stuff, at least for the first adventure.

Bahaha! That's gold. How did that never come up during play, though!?

Exactly.
How many sessions went on that you never tried to interrogate someone before?

I'll be honest with you, I have no idea. I mean, I should have seen it coming, really. Jackal was called all sorts of names - a vigilante, a maniac, a loose cannon, an asshole, but if anyone, just once, called him a murderer instead, we could have avoided so much.
Also, uh, I've actually killed a couple of people intentionally, but I did it specifically with a knife, after they've been downed. It was two or three guys, I don't remember.

I do think it'd be interesting to have SPNS become a begrudging ally, perhaps, if they end up helping them out in this first adventure. Though, the situation with Venn will be very interesting, since he's using their stolen tech...

Also, I have to figure out how 'teleportation' counts as 'nanosecurity'.

There was never a need to interrogate people until that moment. All the threats were extremely obvious, and despite being the cowl type I've never done any sort of investigation - it was Flying Brick's subplot instead. Mine was about a fembot trying to get into my pants, and my former lover sending assassins after me.

>a player walks up to your virtual table and asks if he can join with an energy-based superhero
>he has thought of a backstory and his character seems to have a fairly good personality that would mesh well with the party
Wat do?

I like my supers tp be accidental appearances of powers, like InFamous.

Purely limited to forms of energy or matter, now simply hulk-strength preteen girl, or super strong telepath.

Some poor fucker got power over wood, in the middle of a national forest. Now, people don't go in there any more, on account of the pine trees literally being his sentries while he tries to live his life in peace.

There's this whole thing about superpowered people suddenly going good or bad, but surely there are some who just want to be left alone, still clinging to those sacred moments of normalcy.

Full background check.

He checks out as an average joe player. Nothing out of the ordinary.

He is a pretty good roleplayer though: staying in-character, trying to talk to the other PCs and NPCs and making friendships and rivalries bloom, furthering the plot with his own agenda etc.

It seems

How many girls play too?
Does he seems like the guy who chases tail?

He may be autistic, and this is his attempt at normal interaction.

Also, post his sheets,

bit of a question: how do your heroes deal with guilt over the people they couldn't save?

Alcohol, drugs, denial bordering on split personality mantained to distance herself from any mistakes that she made. Then again, it's not the people she couldn't save, it's the people she killed back in her bad guy days, but it's pretty close.

Current party.
>Guy who can temporarily gift his telekinesis, teleportation, and force field generation to another person with a touch.
>Guy who can temporarily gift his invisibility, intangibility, and telepathy to another person with a touch.
>Guy who can temporarily gift his flying, laser projection, and increased agility to another person with a touch.
>Guy who can temporarily gift his super strength, durability, and regeneration to another person with a touch.
They're identical quadruplets. I'm having an issue trying to come up with good nemesises for the group.

Leave superheroes to me.

Shapeshifters.

Steal Parasite from DC.

Or this, this is actually really great.

Anyone have any good Superhero art?

if your players are cool with it, maybe link the power transfer to the sense of touch? then have a bad guy who can screw with the peoples senses

Cool. Good to see what would happen if they accidentally gave super strength to the wrong guy for the 1 minute duration.

I was thinking more turn off the power transfer but that works too.

Why? They have the powers unless they transfer it to someone else or their brothers.

oh my bad, I misread it.

Hello!
I am hump-man, the humping hero. I hump in the morning, I hump in the evening, I hump the weak and the oppressed.

you'll be the weak
and you'll be the oppressed

So your party can basically turn one person into a God for 1 minute.

Does it have to be skin on skin contact? You could just have a villain that shoots gloves onto their hands or tries to stick them with plastic or goop or something so they can't move or there's a bunch of stuff around their limbs.

He drinks, talks to his friends, fellow heroes, etc., and slowly forces himself to accept that he can't do everything, that some days won't end with everyone going home, and that he needs to focus on the people he CAN save. After which, he's back at it more or less unchanged except for the nightmares.

Incase anyone wants to steal this, I've had a lot of fun with this character while DMing a current super game.

>Heroes going through waves of henchmen
>One is slightly stronger and smarter in a Tucker's Kobolds sort of way.
>He figures out that kinetic attacks don't work on the brick.
>Molotov is super effective
>Retreats a few times to sneak attack or set up obstacles, using knowledge of the environment
>Eventually they corner him and he merely surrenders to arrest
>"Cor, Oi'm not paid enough for this!"
>Escapes police custody
>Signs on with another gang/syndicate
>Repeat

This wolf among sheep thing has kept the party on their toes quite a bit. Since he wears grunt level gear they never recognize him.

Competitors could be something like USAvengers. State sponsored team that don't want to be replaced and are willing to do anything to keep their position

This would mean your PCs would also have to convince the public that they're not the bad guys

>Spoons
>Big scoop

This would be especially good if he was the only one escaping police custody. The big villains get all these extra precautions but this one resourceful guy keeps breaking out because he's in a non-meta jail.

>He's essentially Iron Man, except his armor is magic.
It only just now hits me that it's a bit strange this doesn't happen more often.

You forget that each one of them has a superpower that helps avoid/get out of binds right?
>Telekinesis the stuff off
>Turn intangible and walk out
>Keep distance with flight
>Break out with super strength.

I've had some fun with Mutants and Masterminds, but it's still kind of a rough system. I usually just use Exalted with modified flavor text for things, but a recent thread made me wonder...

Has anyone ever modified Final Stand for superheroes? Like, used the same core ruleset, but modified it for Superhero use? I imagine it'd be fucking fantastic with a bit of work.

Actually damn, I kind of want to do this. BRB guys. I'm going to go rough up something quick and dirty to work with for genning heroes in Final Stand, since obviously the default stuff is designed for 80s Kung Fu flicks, not Superhero stuff.

So far I'm thinking the following for the basic chargen stuff, with each being a "class" of Hero which has different abilities.

-Flying Brick (Superman. Green Lantern, etc)
-Metahuman (Spider-Man, X-Men, Deadpool)
-Elementalist (Human Torch, Iceman)
-Demigod (Thor)
-Cowl (Batman, Nightowl, The Shadow)
-Gadget Guy/Gal (Ant Man, Rorschach, Iron Man)

Obviously the Hero's specific power set would be defined by their Stereotype, perhaps with a list of available Styles/Ways (or whatever I call the equivalents) with limits based on the Stereotype itself, i.e. a Cowl is basically a D&D Rogue (extra skills, not as punchy as The Flying Brick).

Maybe as an additional means of making the various types work, they'd have innate abilities which made fighting them harder? Like, a Flying Brick hero with the trait of "Flight" would get advantages against heroes without it, while a Cowl with the trait of "Nightvision" would get a similar bonus when fighting in the dark?

I'm not familiar with Final Stand. What's it like?

It's a fast, frantic one-on-one game. Have a go at the rules, if you like. Clicky the image for the PDF.

Okay, so I worked on this a bit. Final Stand rules are here for anyone who wants to keep up with my notes: Currently I'm dividing up Stereotypes into two things: Power Set and Civilian ID.

Power Set is defined by how your powers work, and also either gives you Powers you have to use, limits your use of certain Powers, or puts a constraint on them.

Gadget Guy Iron Man has Super Strength, Flight, and Super Durability, but because he's a Gadget Guy he only gets it while he's in his suit. Flying Brick Superman, on the other hand, has those abilities 24/7, but HAD to take all three as a result of being a Flying Brick. Cowl Batman can't take Super Strength since he's just a squishy mortal, but he gets Stealth, two other powers, and extra Skills to compensate. He can't hang with Iron Man or Superman in a straight up fight without cheating a bit, but he makes up for it in other ways.

Civilian ID determines your skills and/or resources. I might make them free-form for simplicity (so the players would just get to choose two skills) but they'd have to justify it with their background. Bruce Wayne could justify Contacts x2 due to his Civilian ID (he's fucking loaded), while Clark Kent's job as a reporter would justify Persuasion and Perception.

I guess their only clue is that he's cockney?

bump

I'd ask this in the pdf share thread if there was one, but I might also get some bites here.

I'm looking to see if anyone has any of the Masks LE playbooks (iirc, it was Innocent, Reformed, Star, Joined and Newborn?) that were doled out during the kickstarter. If there was anywhere on Veeky Forums that I might find someone with these playbooks, I'd think it would be here, so hopefully someone can hook a brother up.

I've just finished designing 13 superheroes to fill out an NPC team to serve as 'antagonists' in my villain game.

I'm creatively EXHAUSTED, guys.

Do you supers get involved in mundane wars?

Or do they focus on protecting civilians?

Do they do heroic stuff besides punching villains?

>Join a Mutants & Masterminds game set in the 1960s.
>Create a pretty simple, bog-standard 'cowl' character, like Batman or the Shadow -- a rich, millionaire playboy that dresses up in a costume to fight crime with awesome gadgets and a team of minion support.
>The only interesting thing about the build is that I've invested in one, heroic, duplicate.
>Join the game as a husband and wife team that fight crime to add a little spice to their otherwise boring lives of meaningless luxury.
>I based my characters on pic related.

I have them, sorry for the newfag question, but what would be the best way to send multiple files at once?

Oooh, that sounds fun. What are they called?

GM question: how do you deal with city geography, especially when you've set your supers in a city you don't live or ever been to?

They are... the Fox and Vixen!

Look up a map, man.

>It was well within the right of this SPNS corporation to detain the teacher
No, it's not. They're a corporation, they don't have law enforcement powers.
Now, if after a couple of weeks of sleuthery and fisticuffs the teacher gets out on bail, having spent the intervening time in regular prison, well, you did just say you want to punish them for leaping to conclusions.

Someone with the ability to steal powers with a touch?
If the issue is coming up with challenging combat encounters rather than a good character foil, the solutions that pop immediately to my mind is
a.) Force them to split up somehow. Hostages scattered around the city, guy with the power to turn normal buildings into inescapable labyrinths, teleport grenades, some such dickery.
b.) Hit them when they're not expecting it. In their civilian identity, while they're sleeping, whatever. Since this is a dick move, I would have a few weeks of surveillance leading up to the strike as the mastermind gathers intel for the ambush, which the players can potentially detect and trace back- or use to set up a trap.

Magical knights somehow prefer nonflying, yeah.

>I usually just use Exalted with modified flavor text for things
You absolute fucking madman

So I'm still working on this, and it's going to be awesome.

So I'm going to be going with the following Stereotypes. Note that Powers are like Ways and Styles, but will be divided into 4 instead of 2, and provide only one skill each.

Flying Brick: It's-a Superman. Quirks are focused on Superman-ish stuff, they get to completely No Sell an attack or two for 0 damage, and they get the usual Flying Brick powers, but are very limited, option-wise, and they have to pick a weakness. They get one skill, and that's related to being strong.

Metahuman: This is the wild card. Most heroes have four Powers which make up their power set. A Metahuman gets to pick ANY four, but they have to take a disadvantage and their quirks are basically the X-Men/Mutant oppression stuff from said series. They get to pick one skill which can be anything EXCEPT Contacts.

Elementalist: Not much different from a Metahuman, but they have to take the Energy Manipulation power and they get bonuses with it, as well as their Quirks being focused towards using their element. They get one less power than the Metahuman and Flying Brick, but they get to double up on Energy Manipulation. They get to pick Acrobatics, Superhuman Strength, or Perception as skills.

Cowl: It's Batman. Four Powers, two of which are technique-heavy and Energy/Action light, as well as two more Powers which function by being gadgets and have ammo counters. Skills are Contacts automatically, plus any three of Intrusion, Acrobatics, Persuasion, and Perception, and you can double up on one if you so desire. Plus they can use skills they don't actually have as an ability.

Suitguy/Suitgirl: Iron Man or Antman. They get to pick one of Super Toughness or Super Strength and get to pick three others (which can include the one they opted out of), but those Powers only apply when wearing the suit. Gets to pick any two of Contacts, Perception, or Independence, but can't double up like the Cowl.

Also thinking that I might treat Skills as usual when the Heroes are using them on normal humans, but if they have to contest with another Hero, you roll 1d6/2 (round down) and add the relevant number of ranks in the opposing skills, if both players actually have skills which would oppose.

i.e. Batman is attempting to use Intrusion against Deadshot. Batman has a Intrustion three times, so he has three ranks. Deadshot has Perception twice, so he has two ranks. Batman's player rolls a 5 (which makes his skill check a 2(+3) for a total of 5), while Deadshot's GM rolls a 2 (for a total of 1(+2). Batman sneaking past Deadshot is treated as a Student success: He sneaks by undetected, but Deadshot has a vague feeling of unease about it all.

Gonna dump some characters from a now defunct campaign, might be of some use to someone.

PARTY:
-Volos of Oroborus
Underground peacekeeping organization meant to police the unpoliceables and keep monsters from encroaching on civilization. Has an inventor minion named Archimedes who makes him specialized weapons to help take down tough enemies.
Primarily uses non-lethal grenades, a massive stealth check, and fast grappling.

-Red Canary
Mage from a different world, powers revolve primarily around bending space to open rifts for teleportation. Has a variety of lesser powers regarding elemental damaging spells and transmutation.

-Bastion
Marble statue controlled through possession by a college kid far away. Said college kid can duplicate items and send them to Bastion, leaving him with a large arsenal to choose from, and Bastion can duplicate (copy and paste) items in his line of sight, allowing for environment altering (making walls, floors, etc). Disposable nature of the Bastion body (there are more copies of the statue) make him uniquely suited for dangerous missions.

-Mega Maid
When working with semi-conscious, self-transforming nanites, the military decided that it would be okay to put heavy restrictions on the shapeshifting and roll out a few for civilian use in the private sector. Now an unshackled AI with the capability to completely alter their molecular structure, only held back by a complete lack of creativity and a subservient nature.

-Soda Striker
An ancient kung-fu chi master in a young body, Striker has learned to turn the chi flowing out of her into a tangible, syrupy armor that catches physical impact and disperses it. Along with using strands of this to stick to things, and being able to generate massive thrust by building chi in bubbles in the armor and popping it rapidly, Striker is a danger to anyone without a means to trap her or get around her defenses.

>-Mega Maid
>When working with semi-conscious, self-transforming nanites, the military decided that it would be okay to put heavy restrictions on the shapeshifting and roll out a few for civilian use in the private sector. Now an unshackled AI with the capability to completely alter their molecular structure, only held back by a complete lack of creativity and a subservient nature.
So like, other party members oughta give it advice on what to transform into for the best effectiveness? Intrstin.

MAIN ANTAGONISTS::

-Monsters
Alien life forms dropped onto the planet and capable of constant, nigh infinite adaptation. Very difficult to kill, requiring specialized virus bombs keyed to their current molecular structure or magic. Made of the same material as Mega Maid.

-Mina
Psychic with the ability to lay chi-curses that put things under her thrall. Major arc antagonist before game's end.

-Earthshaker
Powerful earth-controller with inventive uses of the power, including building deceptive clones from minerals. Otherwise simply your standard earth elementalist. Works with Mina.

-Doctor Maro
Fully robotized true AI, uses patchwork and metallic bodies in droves that appear human at firs glance.

-Abjurant
A former student of Striker's, Abjurant learned to turn Chi into enough magic to utilize magical artifacts, though the process is killing him. Obsessed with defeating Striker.

-Shades
Natural manifestations of the universe, which hunt down, kill, and break down clumps of life energy when they start forming largescale. Every human is a normal, safe flow. Mages, however, are large clumps. Bane of magic.

I love murder too much to be a superhero, OP.

DETECTIVES:
Detectives are a neutral organization of immensely powerful and intelligent people who keep the status quo and investigate dangers to the society at large.

-Jack
First attempt at a nanite super soldier, Jack is impossibly strong but lacks non-reactionary shapeshifting. On the flipside, Jack will always get back up, even from virus bombing, and is only really vulnerable to being trapped or magic.

-Nomad
A now extinct race of mages, Nomad uses forbidden magic that can transport people between dimensions into a realm of shadows, a step above Red Canary's mastery, but each use creates a Shade. He will summon monsters from dimensions to fight for him. Uses a deck of cards as a channel, each card representing a different dimensional creature. Egyptian themed.

-Doll:
The second human experiment with nanites involved restoring a female war hero to battlefield capability after she was rendered unfit for service by the loss of her legs. Capable of sporting impressive weapon platforms, Dolls true power comes from a mastery of Chi she cultivated during her forced retirement. Now nearly fully robotic, she's a compact walking weapon platform capable of unleashing devastating blasts of Chi.

-K9K:
A dog granted a number of abilities by nanite experiment. Has six PHDs. Can eat any material and create copies of himself, and as thus has an impressive about of bodies (said to be near ten thousand). Outside of intelligence and the use of technology to speak, is a normal dog in every way.

SIDE CHARACTERS:
-Cumulus
An art student granted Chi abilities through trauma (a common occurrence), Cumulus was at first an antagonist enthralled by Mina. Can create stormclouds, high winds, and rain, but his true power comes from being able to sense anything that the rain he creates hits, allowing him massive battlefield awareness.
During a devastating raid on the Oroborus HQ, Cumulus managed to generate lightning for the first time, but the event left his arms badly burnt.

-Oroborus Troops
Ex-military forces who couldn't use the new nanite upgrades being doled out and were thus discharged. Serve under Volos.

-Emma
The wife of a now dead Archmage, is fluent in magic language but incapable of it herself. Has access to a pocket dimension that once belonged to the Archmage.

-Lt. Cobalt
In charge of the police where Striker is from, Cobalt has slowly gone from normal officer to leader of an anti-monster SWAT force, which is becoming better and better at taking down heroes, villains and monsters alike.

>Also, uh, I've actually killed a couple of people intentionally, but I did it specifically with a knife, after they've been downed. It was two or three guys, I don't remember.
So they believed that not only you shot them, but mutilated their corpses as well.

Oh god, everything makes even more sense now.

>Alcohol, drugs, denial bordering on split personality
>okay, bit edgy
>herself
>she
>former bad guy

Jesus Christ you people are predictable.

> Playing superheroes
> Not turning cliches up to eleven
For what purpose?

It's more the fetishisizing of the female character as this broken sexy mess that used to be bad that raises red flags.

I'd look at it as if I were a superhero.

I probably wouldn't get into politics too much, especially if i'm street level.

You know what, that's a good point. I forgot that they, while being a government operation secretly, can't use actual governmental powers. Thanks user.

If the Punks don't think to look for him in actual jail, they deserve whatever coming to them.

Who said a godamn thing about sexy, other then you, faggot?

Its worth noting, if you were using M&M, all attacks default to non-lethal, so the ST was kinda fucking you over either way.

Off topic, but I'm looking to break out into superhero tabletop with my group. What do you guys think would be the best system to start with?

M&M 3e. Its my go-to.

Have the best DM's screen ever.

Also, nigga, that's ontopic as shit.

Totally need a rival pair who decided to go into villainy out of boredom, who preferably travel in the same social circle as the heroes.

I tried Wild Talents and liked it. ORE is a cool system

Fucking FASERIP man.

On second thought, nothing is more heroic than murder. I am filled with the spirit of Robspierre.

To be fair, female capes are pretty sexy by default.

Never heard of it. What makes you recommend it?

How long would superheroes stay active? I'm trying to flesh out a background and I'm wondering how much overlap some heroes would have with each other.

Do you want a rules heavy or rules light game?

Mutant and Masterminds is like a standard go to, I guess. But I've had fun with Prowlers and Paragons as a very rules light game. It kind of reminds me of a dumbed down version of M&M.

Mostly this one chart replacing entire M&M.

Also handy karma system (experience, but can and should be spent on short-term benefits, not really a problem)

Also almost every material in existense is free at classicmarvelforever com

Obviously it's oldschool, there's random powers generation and you can and should negotiate it with your GM, but it's a fun game. It's light but nuanced enough, and by crunchy systems standars it's not that crunchy.

Yes, it's TSR, yes it's old, I still encourage you to try this shit.

I have a homebrew Super Hero setting I've been cooking up for the last 12 or so years...

I wish I could find a system that could accommodate it, so far I've given M&M a shot and it was a poor fit. I just hate approximated/abstracted powerbands

Once I'm done tinkering with my current Space Opera Western project I might take another crack at running a Supes game.

It's a dynamite setup, I know once I get it up and running it'll pickup steam fast.

What's so special about your setting that M&M couldn't handle it?

tactical combat

Champions, D&D4e

here, sorry for not getting back to you sooner (RL work, etc). You can zip them together into one file and put it up over on Mediafire and/or MEGA, there's always Google files, and all else fails I always have a junk email address mrjohnson at gmail. Hope that helps!

There's also puush

Champions(Hero System) is actually better than M&M when it comes to tactical combat surprisingly.

M&M does play with a fast and loose narrative when it comes to combat, yes.

How is Champions/the Hero System? Worth taking a look?

That's probably the third time someone has directed me to checkout Hero System -- and I have fucked around with their character creator application from a long way back... Thanks for reminding me, I'm much obliged.

In all seriousness, are there any people out there that have illustrations for their Supers games? That's one thing that's delaying my project; I plan to print actual comics born from the legends of the players that join my universe.

I'm working on a setting revolving around repo-men that works for a company that sells superpowers to the general populace.

The gist is that the powers fade away if the customer doesn't pay the bills, but a few have the ability to keep their powers. The repo-men are sent in to collect from those who keep their powers without paying, which acts as an excuse for a number of cool fights and adventures.

Problem is, although three of my friends really like my idea, I vaguely remember reading about either Marvel or DC doing something similar to this before.

I'd be surprised if they never did anything with that idea with the power broker.

I'll be joining a Cape game shortly and got rather lucky in the drawthread and had my request done. So, I'm going to assume that qualifies.

Pic related is the technology based gravity manipulator I plan to play.