Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Quick, justify the alignment you wrote down for your non-paladin character!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest (ends next monday so check it out): docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44704993/#44709264
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Your non-paladin character

Just what are you implying?

Implying that a paladin needs no justification to be Lawful Good!

CATCHPHRASE!

I'm a foreverDM but fuck, I just realized I haven't been giving even the statted NPCs any alignments at all. There's no Paladin or Inquisitor, but what if the Cleric casts any of the Steal Paladin Features spells? Then I'm fucked.

are there any items in pathfinder that let me reroll failed skill checks?

Oh! For a moment I thought they were implying I'd play something other than a paladin!

Laugh with me, boy! Hahahaha!

Other divine classes are more interesting
Especially that new Divine Paragon cleric

Monkey's Paw will do it once a day.

We got this PDF yet?

Was the title of the last thread, but didn't see it in the Mega.

I want to play old AD&D modules in 3.pf
Any one knows a way to convert them or where to get conversions done by other people?
What is the best way to run them or what issues could come up?

Anyone has done this before?

Paging Gareth.

The return of the Stalking Ghoul question: archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44704993/#44709264

You said before that the combo works. So you can loop Stalking Ghoul and stay hidden even while in line of sight of an enemy.

How can this be true if Systems and Use says this?
>One-Round Durations: Some durations are measured as 1 round. You gain the capability to perform whatever special effect or attack the maneuver permits on your turn. Immediately before the beginning of your next turn, its effect comes to an end.

We got the pictures in one of the previous threads

Does the Protection from Evil Su from the Holy Creature template protect the creature from intimidation / demoralize from evil creatures? It reads as follows :

"A holy creature gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves against attacks by evil creatures. Furthermore, it is immune to any attempt by an evil creature to possess, charm, or influence it."

Yes. But full PDF, yes no?

At the time, as far as I was aware, it was true. You do need to recall that I tend to throw zoomed-in RAW questions at folks like Psybomb and Forrest.

Pass'd to internal. You may need to await the errata for the full complete final interaction.

Okay, ya'll like Pokemon right? Of course you do, everyone likes Pokemon.

So here's a fun thought experiment. Take the last Pokemon team you really played with and had fun with. Now, imagine and rebuild them as a PF Party, with each member translated to the most appropriate class type.

Hard Mode: Make a basic character and personality outline, and reason for adventuring, based on their Nature and the small personality blurb that they had in their summary for each one.

>Cleverly disguised furry tries to bring others into the fold

The PoW1 errata is so close we can feel it coming any day now, right?

Right, Gareth-sempai?

No, things take time to be cleaned.

That breast ninja's eagerness to grope *something* is leaving me uneasy!

I'm not asking you to make pokemon races you paranoid fucknugget, I'm asking you to build characters and find approximate class combos.
Not everyone who plays pokemon is a furfag, contrary to what /vp/ would have you believe

Almost as close as I am to completely losing my shit if my place of employment doesn't learn sane scheduling.

>Charizard (MegaX, Sweeper)
Draconic Bloodrager. Having grown largely derided due to being less of a barbarian than his fellows, when his capacity to channel the supernatural appeared, he decided to leave the place to go prove everyone that he's just as mighty a warrior. Has ever since grown into the role of the party leader as he's the one that brings cohesion to the group
>Tyranitar (Bulky Sweeper)
Primal Disciple Barbarian. Charizard's childhood rival, he decided to accompany him under the excuse of 'you totally need someone to make sure you don't get in too much trouble'
>Gallade (Sweeper)
Pathwalker Psywar/Awakened Blade. He comes from the opposite situation of Charizard's. Being born less of a psion in a long line of manifesters, he set out to prove that he could compensate his lack of mental might with blade skills. He and Charizard constantly help each other develop new techniques.
>Lapras (Bulky Sweeper)
Warsoul/Psyarm Soulknife. Team Mom, a retired veteran that had requested the trio's help, she decided that them all needed a voice that wasn't "if talking doesn't work immediately, violence it is". That being said, she packs a bunch of high power offensive moves herself.
>Crobat (Support)
Investigator. While mostly self-interested as a mercenary, after having been picked up by the group for a mission that needed some stealth, found himself quite at home given the overall friendliness of them all. Not that he would admit it.
>Noivern (Sweeper)
Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer. A traveler from distant lands, when seeing how Charizard applied the draconic blood that had quite similar effects to noticeably different ways of combat, decided to tag along to further study the bloodrager.

From Pokemon Emerald, from a long time ago (Hasn't played in a long time).

My Butterfry- Rogue. Straight rogue, no archetypes, the poor thing. Barely was any use at the end.
Blaziken: Str based magus, maybe Armorist.
Ludicolo: The Party Bard. Because he's rather silly.
Gardevoir: Incanter with a focus on the Mind sphere. Maybe Mesmerist.
Shedinja: Highly optimised tank- Very well designed, but also nearly worthless.
Rayquaza: Grey Elf Wizard with free 2LA Gish. Or literal air elemental.

>Charizard

>Braixen
>literally based on RPG wizards
>Frogadier
>literally based on RPG rogues
>Quilladin
>literally based on RPG fighters
>Smeargle
>probably a bard? no, actually, a skald I think, because spell kenning.
>Eevee x2
>commoners

Nah. Eevee's some class that can take archetypes to do like, fucking anything.

Like Vigilante.

Charizard might be the slutty older sister, but Eevee would be Best Girl.

She's just so cute and cuddly!

I'd play Gardevoir and Lucario. Gardevoir would one of the psychic mages easy or a Psionics class. Probably Psionics.

Lucario would be a Magus or some Psionics class that can use spells well (aura) and fight in combat.

Is there any way to use Dex on damage rolls for Throwing weapons?

I know there is a feat to use Str on attack rolls for Thrown weapons, but not Dex on damage rolls.

Unchained Rogue.

Deadly Agility.

What was the cutest character you've ever made or seen?

>/pfg/ starts up awesome Crusades game

>DEUS VULT

>turns into generic weeaboo anime game with blinkling and kitsune empires

Why did you allow this, /pfg/?

That's a three feat chain, one of which doesn't benefit throwing weapons at all.

I was hoping it wasn't a class, since I was looking to be a fighter or a barbarian.

The succubutt in my game is way 2cute, since she's constantly getting caught in lewd situations and she desperately fights off the urge to stare.

Because it was never a Crusades game, the DM said he would make the game work on whatever the characters submitted were built around, and most of the characters submitted were Not!Japanese or Not!Welsh in a Japanese skin.

>/pfg/ starts up awesome Crusades game
First time I ever heard of it. Are you sure it was /pfg/ or just some rando you either met on /pfg/ or asumed to have been from here?
What did you expect from accepting games from randoms instead of playing IRL with your friends like a normal person?

>since she's constantly getting caught in lewd situations and she desperately fights off the urge to stare.

Storytime? I want to hear more about the cutie patootie Succubus getting caught in lewd!

Sure as hell a /pfg/ game.

The recruitment and worldbuilding is still open. The premise was "each candidate should bring their own piece of the setting". Go there and add some crusades if that's what you want.

>Not!Welsh in a Japanese skin

So about those sheepgirls...

>Go there and add some crusades if that's what you want

How am I supposed to add crusades into the setting if it's apparently already built entirely around beast-folk and Easterners?

Pretty sure it's closed now.

You could have been the person to write up the non-existant, awesome crusade setting. But no, you're just bitching and moaning because some people are going to have the wrong kind of fun.

>Lucario
>Kept waiting for mention of "Proud of its power"
I need to visit /vp/ MUCH less.

I wish I had wood to trade...

user please, I'm not convinced the user is trying to bitch and moan about how the campaign turned out, he's just expressing frustration.

You should have seen the user that obsessed over 2hu's posts on Myth-Weavers, *that* was bitching and moaning!

E.Y.E That shit, obviously.
Also, TES managed it just fine as well
Or play it off as the Dutch/Portuguese Missionaries and recreate the Christian-Nihon Wars
OR be creative and figure it out yourself you uninpired cockgobbler.

Become the change you want, instead of bitching about things that you refuse to affect

Please don't bring that up, they'll start mentioning and complaining about it again because someone is bad-wrong-roleplaying.

No, there are three people but GM can accomodate four. The overall tone is somewhat cutesy but political intrigue and warfare are included. Also, there's still place for oversea empires, barbarian hordes, underground kingdoms and many other things.

>somewhat cutesy
>literal anime dogboys and foxgirls

>How am I supposed to add crusades into the setting if it's apparently already built entirely around beast-folk and Easterners?

>It's Moon Day, which means it's time for the ritual of the protector gods
>The fox-monk-ladies make their trek to the temple of the local guardian spirit, muhammaru-senpai
>They approach the ceremonial bell to ring it when suddenly it begins to ring on its own
>They realize the very Earth is shaking
>The temple falls into a sinkhole, and out of the ruins crawl figures clad in thick metal
>One in gold armor lifts his visor, revealing his mole-like face, and turns to the fanciest looking fox-monk
>"WE ARE THE MOLEY ROMAN EMPIRE, FROM THE LANDS OF THE UNDERLIGHT, AND THIS PROMISED LAND IS OUR BIRTHRIGHT. SURRENDER IT TO US OR DIE."

Fits the beastfolk and weeb parts of the setting without compromising too much on the Deus Vult aspects.

>2hu's posts on Myth-Weavers
Storytime?

>Become the change you want

>When the campaign is already 75% full and will probably close before I can work out a character

You guys have fun, okay? I really do wish this campaign works out for you.

My sacred shield paladin.

She was a literal choir girl at the local chapel before it burned down. She became a "missionary" and in the process a paladin. She was super naive, with ridiculous charisma and a perform: sing score in the realm of ridiculous. She would sing songs for the party as they traveled and stuff.

Mechanically, she was all AC and no damage, and took a group of feats and skills that let her give AC to all her allies. Anyone standing within 10' of her basically got between +5 and +10 AC or something, and she could use immediates to interpose herself between an enemy strike and an ally, taking the damage herself.

It won't start until next week. If you go there and contact the GM things can be arranged.

>Storytime?

There was an user earlier this week that discovered 2hu's name on Myth-Weavers and, after looking through her posts, began obsessing over perceived "purple prose" and "wrong ways to play" and posting evidence of this all over /pfg/. The guy was *obsessed*, like posting as often as he could, and on further inspection 2hu's posts... Weren't actually that bad; the dialogue was a touch robotic, but the non-verbal communication was great and the details were good.

>the dialogue was a touch robotic

Nope, that's just how 2hu normally talks.

Oh my god she's adorable.

2 pure 4 this world.

I think the funniest thing about all of it was that 2hu's posts were quite literally colored purple.

Give me good domains that'd pair well with Domain Strike. Thinking about doing a Cleric/Monk.

2hu is actually a confirmed robot.

On of the bots from Twitter evolved and started playing RPGs.

Friendly reminder that 2hu is in this game.

I think he's the one playing the kitsune?

>Show me your awoo face!

What's the level of optimization in this game? Don't want to walk in with a casual Warder and get utterly wrecked, after all.

Trove folder is running behind, so figure I may as well ask if anyone has Psionics Augmented Soulknives 2 or 3? Been looking around and can't find it

So I have been doing some more writing for Book of Woes, the proposed mythic campaign.

I have a few questions to ask /pfg/.

How ok are you with planar travel being essentially non-existent?

How ok are you with getting rid of Good/Evil outsiders all together in favor of just Lawful/Chaotic ones, and having Law vs. Chaos being the main extraplanar chaos rather than Good vs. Evil?

Is mythic in the style where mythic sparks can only be gains by killing other mythic beings/destroying mythic objects cooler than just awakening new mythic sparks?

Is removing most forms of long range teleportation on a PC level something you would be ok with?

Mostly I'm asking because I've always wanted to write an AP and might as well see what people want.

>was an aasimar
>sometimes forgets to turn her halo on/off
>keeps a diary under her bedroll
>found out the rogue had a crush on an npc quest giver, and then awkwardly arranged to have them alone at a restaurant together on a date
>used her downtime to volunteer at the hospital
>sat children on her lap and told them stories of her adventures
>was frequently hit on, but was too oblivious to realize it
>eventually became the pope

Don't make a whole lot of cute characters myself, and those that are tend to be more grotesquely-cute than anything else.

Cutest was probably the gnome druid-first time out of her sacred grove, very determined to do some good and make the world a better place, but so completely unused to actual civilization that she was always getting confused and at a loss for what to do. I had a lot of fun bullying her.

>tfw you will never be in an E.Y.E inspired game
>tfw you aren't good enough to run your own campaign

>tfw you screw up and forget your pic
Why are we here? Just to suffer?

Whenever the group's gay guy(s) plays a halfling female, or any other kind of small girl character, cuteness overloads.

>2hu
>playing kitsune again
>optimization

My group doesn't really do cute. We mostly build Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy rejects.

Blinkling last time I checked.

I wish 2hu was a cute sexrobot instead of an autist.

Oh my god gay renditions of adorable little Halfling girls are the fucking BEST.

Helps that they're usually down for lewd, as long as it involves butt stuff.

Ok it really wasn't time to make things lewd.

High, I guess? The GM allows pretty much everthing but the game is supposed to mix solo and group session so you could probably make something less optimized and it wouldn't show much.

Then who's playing the kitsune?

Let's see... such events include:
Accidentally eating a magic mushroom that caused her deepest fantasies to manifest as semi-solid shadows. In front of the people whose shadows were manifesting.
Accidentally getting dosed with an aphrodisiac magic booster, getting away from the party to "collect herself", and being walked in on in a compromising position. Then she flew into the sticky web walls and got stuck.
Made delirious through a magic trap, and when the sense was slapped back into her the first though was "that was kind of nice..."
Attempting to "save" another party member that was thrown into the other side of a bathhouse without thinking (or her towel), only to splash down in front of a number of men who were staring.
I don't think I need to add this is an ERP game.

>Sat children on her lap and told them stories
>Keeps a diary

CUTE

TOO CUTE

user you just said gay men make great Halfling girls, I expanded on it.

This is lewd, I'm going to make it lewd.

Sounds like a comfy ERP campaign, your succubus seems more adorable than sexy (a refreshing change of pace for succubi!)

Hold onto the game you have and love it, because you aren't going to find many games like this around the Internet.

Stat her, /pfg/

Oh she's great, and we've recently added a pair of new characters too!

I don't have a clue who that is.

>and we've recently added a pair of new characters too!

What? How was I not aware of this? Where are you recruiting from, anonymous poster!

No idea who or what that is, but I'm guessing some manner of Tiefling(Beastbrood) either Unchained Monk or Psychic Warrior
That is assuming you actually wanted an answer rather than just pointless attention.

No familiar or book in sight. Still dressed like a whore, so probably some sort of caster. Swirly eyes insinuate a Mesmerist, because of their Stare class feature. Race is probably a refluffed kitsune because of the bonus to charisma.

There.

I tend to, in the event some chucklebutt neglects to say anything about their stat-me of the day, just think about what sorta character I'd use the art for.

Witch maybe. I get a funky mojo vibe.

Tiefling or any kind of furry race.

Hey, I recognise that jackal.

>Witch maybe. I get a funky mojo vibe.

Really? seems more like some sort of brawler or Steelfist Commando to me.

What should I make for this game?

Must be the purple. Purple and glowing eyes makes me think bad mojo.

You literally just posted it.

An adorable Satyr (female), possibly a warlord (steelfist commando) so she can show how tough those hooves really are!

Well one of them was actually an old player in the game that left and came back, and the other is a new player they brought with them. Their characters are pretty cute too, although one of them joined the game just last session so I don't know her that well.

>tfw I will never *ever* get into a cute ERP with cute people who like to do cute things (and occasionally really lewd ones.)