How do I play a lawful evil cleric?

Other urls found in this thread:

killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/kill-six-billion-demons-chapter-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg
youtube.com/watch?v=R-XONxvdq4Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Roleplay a paladin and go too far.

Depends on the god.

Look to your sins, Lord Renly, for the night is dark and full of terrors.

>7 Juggernaut Star Scours The Universe.jpg
spikes optional, wheel is a must

I gotcha

What kind of sins you have to commit for your eternal punishment in hell to be a part of bad ass motorcycle?

That, my dear user, is an angel of Thorns. Begin your reading here:

killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/kill-six-billion-demons-chapter-1/

Ah my apologies, I misread your post. The rider an angel, the bodies are indeed probably sinners. They are all probably as worthless as the other, no matter the sin, to the angels.

>Melisandre
>Lawful Evil
>Not Neutral Evil
False prophet who uses their powers to help perpetuate a doomed war.

The thorns did nothing wrong

Lawful Evil can be done many ways, but some things in general:

Even Evil characters can have positive emotions, motivations and relationships. They aren't all completely amoral sociopaths. Lawful Evil can actually be quite moralistic (though lacking in compassion, and often self-serving) and generally values loyalty, both given and received. Try to think of interesting Evil characters from vidya, tv or books who aren't mindless psycho-rapists. Tony Soprano is an example I like to use. He's brutal and violent, lacks empathy, but isn't 100% monster.

Players with Evil characters sometimes look for excuses to do evil stuff for the sake of it. Avoid that. Your character doesn't have an Evil meter that you have to keep topping up. Obviously I'm not saying never be evil, but try to make it natural rather than forced. For example, if your party takes some prisoners, Evil characters will often be in favour of killing them if looking after them is going to be troublesome. Even if the prisoners aren't executed, Evil characters might well mistreat them, not bother to tend their wounds, not feed them, etc. Those things are natural. Randomly killing an urchin in the street because "lol im evil XDDDD" is forced.

Being Lawful generally means having a code of some kind. For a cleric that's easy: the religion. A Lawful Evil cleric holds true to the tenets of his religion, though he usually interprets those tenets in ways that are most favourable to himself. Lawful Evil clerics are likely to be pitiless and feel no guilt about killing when their religion demands it (e.g sacrificing sentients, killing unbelievers, etc). Lawful Evil clerics respect their religion's hierarchy, though that doesn't mean they respect the individuals in it. Lawful Evil tends to respect a position rather than a person - an LE cleric might hate their High Priests guts and conspire against them, but still (broadly) follow his commands and speak respectfully to him.

I can't say if they did or not. Despite how far along the comic is, and how much lore there's been established, I still don't think we know enough about what the fuck is going on to say who is right or wrong. And I love that.

What about the other red priests?

It's typically done by playing a principled douchebag.

What's that from?

There is a scene where he's talking to 82 (83?) where the bike is disassembaled so they get a break every now and again when he's not ridining righteously, they don't get any tea though.

How would you classify the faith of Velka?

Lawful Evil? Neutral?

Religion who is pretty big on upholding law and order but also human sacrifices? I mean, come on dude, it's not that hard.

>Velka
>evil
Oswald might be a nutter, but evil?

Think the mafia. Extreme loyalty, fair if stiff deals, retribution is swift, and always act in the interest of the group over others.

You and your group are first. Everyone else is a tool. You take good care of your tools as long as they work but you do not hesitate to replace them or throw them away when they do not.

Vampire Chevalier Requiem.

He was never a paladin to begin with.

>nazi
>not Paladin

Have you got the page where they yell, "TO THE DESTRUCTION OF DRACULA"? Or maybe the page with genocide man Hitler?

>WW2 Germany
>Rebecca
Triggered

What's your beef with Rebecca?

She actually was a Jew

It's a Jewish name

That's just the first page that popped up when I googled.

Kinda makes sense that a Jewess would have a Jewish name.

That's right, she's Jew, and witch and bitter ex and a ghost. And cucks him with werewolf.

Even if I know it is ''shit'', I play them like the dark knights in ''LanceDragon''. I just play them like a Lawfull Good. I think that's pretty much the best depiction of lawfull evil I saw: They're lawfull with a code of honor et all, the only thing making them ''evil'' per say is the god they worship.

Dunno if I'm doing it right tho

>>>/pol

>And cucks him with werewolf.
You mean Torquemada? Pretty sure he never even got to first base with her. Really, if anyone's doing any cucking in this relationship, it's Thurim.

Fucking Zio
Alys deserved better

>the SS was the last knightly order

Velka is true neutral or Lawful Neutral if anything. She is the goddess of sin and everyone, from the most pitiless cretonne to the Gods of the First Flame are not free from her divine punishment all those who have committed heinous acts are subject to her judgement.

That's the life of a hunter/adventurer user.
Seriously though, I use Zio a my go-to standard for playing evil clerics of things that no sane man would worship.

>a Jewish person having a Jewish name is /pol/itically incorrect

My favorite was always as a priest worshiping profit or some suitable god. Callously charging the party and others for his services which of course rise based on immediate need.

Payment up front always.

Reach heaven through violence user.

Made me chuckle.

You ever put an Igglanova in one of your games? I love those bastards

False prophet in the sense that she is wrong, not that she's lying. It's the difference between involuntary manslaughter and murder.

I'd call her lawful neutral. Or, if you like, true neutral. Her body count is similar to that of most good characters in D&D games-- actually far lower when you think about it.

Sacrificing innocents certainly puts her in at least neutral on the g/e axis. She has a firm code, but it's not the westerosi code, so it's not clear how much she keeps to her order's own rules.

THIS THIS THIS

I've often heard, "oh, he's not evil, he's just self-interested." Causing harm to others for your own benefit IS evil. Suffering at least some minor loss to yourself for the sake of others is good. When those activities more or less cancel one another out, you're neutral.

But even an evil character can perform some good acts and still be evil. It's just an overall assessment of your character's general moral standing. The categories describe who you are, they don't define it.

No, but I did yank the whole academy starting thing for a game. Also pulled the idea and theme behind the Esper Mansion for another, along with those goddamn sandworms.

His God demands women be killed for getting raped, the faith be spread by the sword, a convert-die-or-tax policy, children be sold into slavery, and gays be thrown from rooftops

Or a doctrinaire Communist or Nazi in a dictatorship. A commissar or SS member can be very, very evil in D&D morality terms and yet still be an exemplar of their faith, someone who in their own terms is doing the right thing every time.

I think he makes for an excellent first boss
>Not agressive enough to instakill your party, even thought it probably can
>Beefy enough so you can get used to the idea of coordinating your characters for battle that lasts more than 2 turns
>Creates more agressive, althrough much less dangerous, minions so you learn that some bosses come with their own tricks

And when another shows up, it makes for a nice measuring stick for how much more powerful you've become

The game's take on the idea of an adventurers guild is interesting but i don't think i could use the esper mansion idea well enough. Maybe as a side mission.
The biopunk monsters mixed with a sci-fied fantasy setting is one i would very much want to run

>you I'll never get to play honest to Go... to The Party NKVD politruk because at a mere mention of "commissar" everyone goes hurrr40durr

She didn't get together with Torquemada, he's talking about that other werewolf.

Lawful evil cleric is easy.

Evil isn't necessarily pillaging and burning cities for fun. Evil people have friends, families, and things they care for - An evil cleric may care deeply for their group, and a lawful evil cleric most likely deeply believes in their diety. They do things that most people would consider bad - IE sacrificing weak people for their god, but they wouldn't straight up just ditch their party and not heal them in a fight.

>How do I play a lawful evil cleric?

Law vs. Chaos is really a methodological difference. Chaotic characters believe in the individual, either the power of individual people or that each individual situation should be dealt with in its own right. Different strokes for different folks. Nothing is universal; faced with a problem, a chaotic character takes it in isolation and tailors their response to the circumstances. Lawful characters, on the other hand, believe in the large scale. The actions of a group of people subordinating themselves to a single goal or authority will, they believe, do better than an equal number of individuals doing whatever they want with no coordination. They also believe that obeying long-term overarching rules of behavior is the more successful method overall; individuals have limited perspective, after all, and seldom know everything, so believing that you can know the right thing to do differently in every situation is foolish. To them, it's better to follow rules that usually have the best result rather than gambling that you know better in a specific instance.

A Lawful character, in other words, follows rules and traditions because they believe that in the long term, they are better for getting what they want, whether what they want to do is good or evil.

As for evil, keep in mind that its not necessarily about selfishness. You could have a knight who dedicates himself to king and country, who would gladly sacrifice his life for them... but is much more willing to sacrifice OTHER people's lives for them. If that knight wipes out neighbouring peoples so that his kingdom has more room to expand, cuts down anyone who dares give the slightest insult to his liege, and is quick on the draw to torture anyone, soldier or civilian, to gain information his country might need, then the fact that he sincerely loves his own people, country and rulers does not change the fact that he is an Evil man.

>Melisandre
>Evil
She's humanity's greatest hope against the others and she doesn't even want ur praise baka.

Have him work for the masked god.

>Heals from an evil cleric
Must be an undead party.

currently playing a lawful evil character, he is callous and self serving, the only reason the party tolerates him is because he is damn good at what he does. He only tolerates the party because they serve his current needs.

Rest of the party is good or neutral slipping slowly towards evil due to my character's thoughts/suggestions being fairly pragmatic:
>We should kill them, we don't have the supplies to feed them, and they'll alert their allies if we leave them be.
>This guy is holding out on us, we can take more from him if we push the issue or threaten him
>Let's play both sides and then, when they are weakened, destroy both groups and take everything for ourselves they didn't go for this one, sadly
>he couldn't stop us even if he wanted to, ignore the little shit and take everything.

It's been a fun campaign.

Like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg

Another good example:
youtube.com/watch?v=R-XONxvdq4Y

Did he even have any motivation beyond "brainwashed by satan"? He didn't seem like he had much agency.

He thought he was in the right.

He had a god that was answering his prayers with attention at the least, perhaps granting them at the best. He had a purpose in releasing his gods master. He had a 'gift' from his god changing his very body as he watched, and minions to boot.
Plus he got to use his gods needs as an excuse to put a village of filthy natives to the torch, and found a church that became 'legit' and gave him brainwashed teenage girls. Plenty of agency.

>More evil gets done in the name of righteousness than any other way

>There are no self-proclaimed villains, only regiments of self-proclaimed saints

Keep these in mind. You are not some maniacally laughing, mustache twirling villain. You are in the right. You are the one doing good. You're the hero.

Oh yeah, sorry I didn't remember him. It's been two years since I last read the series.

I mean if you actually want to be lawful evil and push it and not just be the parties evil pet sociopath, then go for evil overlord aka serve me and win, resist me and lose.

You could even go all Cao Cao with intense loyalty to people who are loyal to you, but be completely merciless to people who stand in the way of your ambition.

The Second Overlord wasn't so much evil as he was a disgraced paladin using unconventional means to retake the kingdom.
He was the seventh hero, and the Wizard who corrupted his six former companions is the real Overlord.

If you don't do random acts of pointless murder, you're evil in name only, honestly. For example, I've only switched Rose for Velvet and finished with 0% corruption at the end.

A lawful evil cleric is just a corporate lawyer isn't it?

>Switching the practical, sensible one for her idiot sister

Why?

It's not like I need a mistress for her brains and common sense.

How do you quantify when things cancel out?

This.
My only gripe with Velvet was her demanding the bed be taken to my tower.
I don't care how comfortable it was, that bed had a history, mostly with that Faggoty-ass paladin.

>Causing harm to others for your own benefit IS evil.
Causing harm to others for your own amusement is evil. Only when you start acting totally out of proportion (killing people for pocket change) does self-interest venture into evil territory.
Just remember that evil is just the opposite of good. Helping others for your own benefit isn't good either, helping others because you want to help them is.

I just read awful evil.

> Calls himself a paladin
> Wears cloth, uses a wizard staff, teleports and uses magic
What did he mean by this?

>"necessary" evil
>brainwash or straight out brainfuck anyone if it helps your agenda
>your agenda is power and unlimited influence.
>we are the good guys! We can behave ourself unlike xeno trash EARTH FIRST YOU GUYS

And on weekends we get to hang out with our lovly broodmar.. i mean wife and genetically superior children!

do what we want or get a lobotomy

Figure out your ethos. Then hammer it into yourself to the point that nothing else matters. Hold to it, no matter the cost to others. As evil is not without it's flaws, you can even hold to it with cost to yourself occasionally. But mostly to the cost of others.

Just remember the ethos and do you best to remain true, other wise the cost to others thing is lost to the whims of chaos.

You need a mistress with brains to run the day to day business of the Dark Tower whilst you are out and organize the logistics of the Legion of Terror to say nothing of raising a heir and educating them in the classics of Dark Lording.

>Causing harm to others for your own benefit IS evil

Every noun and verb on that page totally arouses me.

It only gets better.

>show watchers who don't understand what they're talking about since Melisandre is presented to us from Davos' POV, a guy who's scared of magic and hates her for stealing Stannis' attention
Mel is on the Good side of the alignment table, she's by far the most Good character we've seen, in fact, arguably except Ned.

> Burning children
> Good
I like Melisandre, user, in fact she's my favourite character, but she's far from a good character. There's "the ends justifies the means", and there's "burn children, because it may animate dragon statues".

Be Catholic?

It is implied that 7 is both the angel and the motorcycle

The thorns seem like a distinct breed of angels. While most angel actively seek stasis, the thorns try to bring order through change

I'd play something like this.

Did this end? Funniest part was when the other nazi's house gets wrecked.

Be Muhammad

He looked so sad when they started breaking his shit.

Oh yes he was.

Some more stuff happens in Hell and then we get another flash back to earlier on in the previous incarnations life.

Veeky Forums - cartoons and comics.