What Happenes When You Cut A Tarrasqure In Half

I know that they regenerate after a while, do both halves regenerate or do only one side regenerate. Could there be infinite Tarrasques if they both regenerate?

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/spawn-of-destruction/the-end-singer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bumping
This actually an interesting question

First, find me something that can cut the Tarrasque in half.

Both halves regenerate and the whole world will be filled up with infinite Tarrasques.

Portal fuckery

Day 12:

The Traper's plan was foolish in hindsight, the Tarrasque after being cut in half while suffocated regenerate it's lower half and began breathing again, he first revived his Clone by kicking him thus freeing his nostril of the sand.
Our saving grace is that they begun fighting in the desert so the City walls remain safe from their vicious jaw.
This remain troublesome, if one were to die the other might attack the city.

Day 36:

it's been a few day since they started fighting but the scouts reported something peculiar today, another Tarrasque has appeared among them, I pondered on this fact a lot, it cannot be another beast can exist in this world, it must be that one of the two has split the other in half.

Day 136:

The city has fallen under the Onslaught of the Army of Rampaging Tarrasques, their number are above a hundred may the gods save us all.

You could say that it uses the 4e version's Eternal Slumber to sink both halves into the earth to regenerate into 1 whole so that your whole world isn't buttfucked by infinite Tarrasques

The back half regenerates from the front half and the original back half will be butchered, portioned, and salted for the survivors of the tarasque's destructive wake.

Well obviously both half grow into two separate Tarrasqures.

And then they fight each other for territory.

The half that regenerates first eats the other half.

i'm pretty sure in 3.PF the larger half regens while the other rots. not as funny as the other posts but if one carry regen to its most logical end literally every drop of blood spilled would regen another Tarrasqure. that siad i like the other answers better, lets start hacking and see how hard we can fuck up a plane.

Is that not how they procreate?

Wasn't it in spell jammers when there is more then one the become docile. I think i saw this in a thread forever ago so it's a bit off.

The pieces sink into the world's core as the monster description states. Cut in half or 12 pieces or whatever.

Salt in Wounds when?

Im assuming op meant vertically

A coin flip between which half regenerates, and if it was down the middle, depending on which half got cut, the tarrasque regenerates either more creative, or more calculating

I based a campaign around this premise under the idea that the two halves regenerated. Some enterprising wizard saw this fuckery while he and his group were fighting one and decided that creating an army of tarrasques was a good idea instead of a very, very bad idea.

When they broke free of his control, the tarrasque army basically overran the entire continent they were on, leaving humanity and their allies to be forced to eke out meager, post-apocalypse existences in caves and small communities which the creatures wouldn't pay attention to.

Several areas of the continent were known to be dangerous because for whatever reason, two tarrasques had started fighting... and because of their ability to regenerate, their inability to die, and their stubborn refusal to back down even when the fight was impossible, meant that they would literally just continue to rampage against one another for eternity.

These stalemates would only be broken if a third tarrasque joined in and picked a side. Unluckily for the puny mortals which inhabited that world, sometimes the two tarrasques would wind up ripping their victim in half.

They called that "mating season" because it'd mean another god-killing abomination running around, so adventurers were actually paid significant sums of money to lead away any tarrasque approaching two which were already fighting (and then, if they were lucky, escape).

I would just rule out the smaller half will wither out and die while the bigger one will regenerate, but I don't think this thread is about that.

Nope.

I'd have to find it, but there was an esoteric passage that said when touching a portal your entire being is immediately deposited where it leads, acting more as a funny telepad than an actual threshold.

What is more terrifying: A calculating tarrasque or a creative tarrasque?

This Tarrasque

A flying one.

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/spawn-of-destruction/the-end-singer

The side with the brain, or the one with the largest chunk of the brain.

You know i can understand somebody not knowing that aspect of portals.

But why are there so many fucking people who dont understand that opening a portal to an elemental plane of water does not make water pour out.

I mean jesus fuck people its right there in the fucking rulebook and if you really want to flood people with water thats what the planer breach spell is for.

Or you could just make a wide pipe and shove it in the portal.

That that could work.
Im going to go through the manual of the planes and planer handbook tomorow.

Wouldnt that just tp the pipe into the water plane, based on the way says portals work?

Im pretty sure yeah.
Im gonna have a look through the manual of the planes i used to know all the details of planer travel like the back of my hands.

A tarrasque with Wizard levels

Eyes on the side of the head and a spiked shell imply it's prey, rather than a predator.

So, I'd say the giant flyer that preys on tarrasques.

> Behold, the Tarasque!

So what you're saying is let's turn Canada Geese into Tarrasques, and make the Tarrasques breed about as quickly as the Geese do.

What if you somehow manage to anchor the pipe to something before sticking it in

Does it simply break the anchor no matter how strong it is, or what?

That's what Bahamut and Tiamat tried to do.

I'm not sure how portals work, was hoping that this user found his stuff and explained it to us

however if i was DM and the party actually did something like this i'd let them slowly flood the world until they figure out the plane of water is literally infinite water and they put a cork in that pipe or something

This. This here needs to be made canon on how Terrasques reproduce. Do they breed? No motherfucker, they fight each other until one side rips the other and two, and that's how you get more.

?