Warhammer 40,000 general

Cults stole the original defrolla edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hGJVq2kT0S8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nth for just borrowing the pdf real quick so bugs can eat your planet.

As a new player with Deldar, what is so special about the Haemunculous coven book? I don't get it. What makes it special?

Poll for the thread:

What is your preferred base for your army (Desert, Urban, Snow, Jungle, etc.) and why?

brown dirt and green grass

because with everyone trying to one-up themselves in uniqueness, vanilla stands out the most

They make dark eldar "viable" as an army, since they won't die to the insinuation of getting fired, since most armies will kill them before they get to do something.

Urban because my group prefer cities to spam LoS blocking terrain and stop the waac fag in our group to stop playing gunline.

Snow, because I love wintery battlefields. Also because it looks good with dark schemes.

Muddy trenches, because my army is chaos renegades themed as basically WW1 in space with daemon robots.

WHERE IS THE RADICOOL VERSION OF GSC IN OPS PIC

It's just Codex corpsetheif claw. That's all it is.

I love all the tiny additions to that picture.

I like snow and desert, though for my Crons I have a uniform primed sand with the top drybrushed over with necron compound to have a look as if the terrain is being converted into one of living metal.

Is there like an imgur compilation of all the leaked gsc rules?

primed black*

just go to the archive of the last thread, it's all in there

Let's pretend I'm a new player and have no modes what you're talking about.

>imgur
REEEEEEEEEEddit

New to wamham, quick question: what's the power source for space marine armor? How about those jetpacks they use, do they just plug in and run off the existing power supply or are they their own thing?

Then you should read the codex cover to cover.

The reactor pack on their backs.

The jump packs are scaled up to provide more juice

I'm collecting all the leaked pictures too assmble into a GSC rules PDF.
I'm just mising or can't find some of the formations so if anyone has these saved could you please post them.
>Lords of the Cult
>the first curse
>shadow skulkers
>cult mutants
>brood brothers.

I have. I don't get what makes it good. It's a bunch of tough dudes who have get to melee to do anything. Why is that good? All you guys do is bitch about how melee sucks.

That's the point of the nickname.
The entire point of the codex is just to deliver the corpsethief claw into melee.

Basically, you avoid every unit on the vanilla codex and focus only on the haemonculli units, wracks, aberrations, Talos and spam the fuck of them, specially the Talos.

Save it for a rainy day.

Posted this last night but it got lost inthe waves of GSC information:

Trying to work out my first Tyranid list (1500pts). I have 90pts left and a vague idea of good things to take, but I'd appreciate some input on which upgrades I can give them.
HQ

>2x Hive Tyrant (Wings, 2x TL Devourers) - 460

Troops

>30x Termagaunts, Tervigon - 195 + 120

>Hormagaunts (2 x 10) - 100

Elites

>2x Zoanthrope - 100

>2x Malanthrope - 170

Heavy Support

>Sporocyst - 75

>Trygon - 190

The idea would be to have a large OS blob moving up the field covered by the Malanthropes and with a little luck, the FNP power, then to bunker down with the Sporocyst while spread over a few objectives.

The Hormagaunts would be held in reserve and come out after the Trygon to contest objectives late game.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Truly the dawn of a new era.

>The space around the Fatal Redress began to undulate and shimmer. Instinctively, ork and tyranid ships in proximity to it peeled away in all directions, seeking to put as much distance as possible from the wounded frigate. Sekor watched the vessel’s Geller field shimmer into being, as the space in front of it began to tear like a velvet curtain.\

>Entering into the warp, even in the most calm and calculated conditions possible, was still a feat that was rife with peril. There were reasons Imperial law dictated that jumps occur only at designated points in planetary systems. Even the most flawless translation into the Sea of Souls was a horrifying cataclysm, as reality was torn open to admit the departing vessel into the beyond. Emergency warp translations were nearly always absolutely ruinous to the space around them.

>An emergency warp translation conducted in the centre of a void battle was nothing short of apocalyptic.

>The Fatal Redress dived into the roiling psychic syrup of the immaterium, and those ships too close to the vortex were pulled in as well, ork and tyranid alike. Vessels further away collided into one another under the pull of the translation point, rippling with internal detonations before shattering in clouds of twisted metal and hissing ichor.

-LotDM "Deathwatch|"

This is for all the Gothic /v/ idiots who said that "short Warp jumps" mid battle are safe and are not lore breaking.

Turns out? It's incredibly dangerous to the ship doing it and everyone around it. It's not something you can spam like it is in the game.

any reason to not just spam flyrant allies with a GSC? Not much else to bring in from tyranids.

So the only way to play Deldar is to buy one model a billion times that isn't even a dark eldar?

Welcome to 40k.

The only way to play with tryhard netlisters that it.

>warhammer 40000
>consistent lore
You're equally idiotic user, don't get into arguments about fictional settings, 40k like marvel and DC depends on how much of a duche bag the writer feels that day, don't forget that goto exists user.

Their artillery is nice if you don't want to run mechanized infantry

anyone have a pdf of the apocalypse book?

What if I'm not playing with tryhard netlisters?

Yes, you can only play deldars as mad scientist and not as pirate lord or enchantress gladiator lady, otherwise you'll struggle even against other beginners.

So what crackhead at GW figured that giving Marines a metric assload of free transports in formations was balanced? I've seen lists that shave nearly four hundred points by not paying for transports, and instead replacing them with grav flingers.

biovores would be a good artillery choice.
exocrine or devourer fexs for firesupport are worth a look.

Then you can just try anything, experiment.

Might win might lose.

>Gothic /v/ idiots
you do realize that disengaging is something you do in the tabletop as well, right. It's an extremely important aspect of the mission and campaign systems.

The video game didn't create the idea. Andy C, overfiend of 40k made it.

Then play what you think is cool, simple as that.

But put all your infantry in Raiders or Venoms, that's just a non-negotiable fact of life for Deldar.

You can play with them, but pure deldars have probably the highest learning curve in 40k.

Tfw when gw kits cost almost $50 more in Australia

Not their greatest idea surely, the problem is that we have other meq armies complaining they didn't received the same treatment (specially csm players this days) but it's actually good that cancer haven't spread to other armies, I hope they take away that shit from marines and mechanicus.

Move to another country

I don't consider the free equipment for Mechanicus as cancerous as free transports, it makes more sense from a fluff persepctive.

Don't get me wrong though, it's still fucking busted and shouldn't exist.

Rock grinder is the best middle ground between battlewagon and chimera?

You literally just asked that in the old thread. Fucking google it.

>disengaging is something you

It's not about cutting and leaving the battlefield.

There an anility in the game where a ship can do small warp jumps to teleport across the map. This is complete bollocks.

>don't forget that goto exists user.

His offending books were removed from BL years ago.

And don't cite inconsistencies when you cannot point at anything supporting your position.

Just a quick question. I was thinking about two allied detachment for my GCult - tyranids and IG. Does that mean that tyranids and IG will suffer all the consequences from Come The Apocalypse ally rules when it comes to each other? I wanted to include broodlord hunting pack formation.

Probably it isn't full transition to the warp user, just let it go, is not worth it.

oh, is there?

Yeah that's just videogame stuff. That novel text is exaggerating how bad warp travel is, though.

What do you want from IG that you don't get from cults? The CTA rules wouldn't matter much with fliers anyhow.

Still no Traitor's hate PDF?

Why does this bothers you user? Gw will probably make it canon anyways, just forget it

yes. it shouldn't bee too much trouble.
I imagine you'll be infiltrating or outflanking the tyranids which ahouls keep them plenty far away from the IG units.

It's how we've taught children to behave:
If you don't get an immediate (or desireable) answer, repeat it louder and anyone who dares telling you off is an -ist.

I have tons of Necromunda cawdors and redemptionists I want to use as cultists and don't want them to proxy neophytes, because FUCK YOU GW FOR NOT INCLUDING HUMAN CULTISTS IN C:GC!!!!!!!!!!!!! So - Come the Apocalypse between tyranids and IG, even if they are just allies for the warlord detachment, right?

There is no such a thing as partial warp transition. You either enter the warp or not.

>That novel text is exaggerating how bad warp travel is, though.

Not really. Multiple sources agree on how difficult and dangerous Warp travel is.

It hasn't, so I get to point out that it is bullshit. Like how in the game Abaddon took control over the Blackstone Fortresses without the Eye of Night and the Hand of Darkness.

The game devs have no respect for the setting's lore.

Why does the ork gimmick have to be bs2? What's the point of a single shot rocket if it's bs2?
why do I have to pay 40 pts for 10 boyz to have 4+? I thought my love of the orks and their models and lore would carry me over but I think i'm gonna falter like Horus.

Thanks, user.

Nope.
Everyone worth anything uses the epub or converts it themselves.

So the skimdrive wasn't a thing even when it was in a codex?

Kthxbai, remember to put your stuff up for international shipping.

Hey Veeky Forums, is Deathwatch Overkill any good as a standalone game? Been out of the hobby for a few years and thinking of dipping back in, the box looks like it's standalone with simplified rules. Is that true, and if so, how does it play if I want to use it to introduce it to folks that have never touched a GW product?

I used to be like you

Then I heard the call of the spiral.

Fuck you, i'm actually tearing up at this point. What the fuck am I supposed to do? I need legitimate help in this time of need.

Skim drives are a Tau thing and they don't use it to enter the Warp.

>Not really
yes really

Emergency disengagement isn't apocalyptic, beyond the normal risks you'd face taking a crippled ship through the warp.

And warp jumps don't pull nearby ships in, outside this one novel. That's what happens when your warp drive explodes, which is a little different.

Do you want an answer or an excuse to argue and complain?

Wait for GW to release a supplement for a formation that's made up of eight gorkanauts or whatever the fuck and the bonus is that if you let your opponent slip their finger in your ass you reroll reserve rolls or some stupid shit.

Really?

No part of your post included anything anyone on Veeky Forums can help with.

Servo-skulls do not work against Cult Ambush as Cult Ambush is not Infiltrate.

They are two different rules, which just happen to be similiar. It would be the same thing to claim that Run and Turboboost are the same thing.

They're both similiar, yet they are different rules with different names. Servo-skulls block infiltrators and scout, nothing more.

That's the factual end of it, anything else is just ones subjective misunderstanding and uncapability of reading and understanding the rules.

Need help? Have faith, ork player.

Or you can use the GSC dex until a new corkdex is out (and this is coming from a chaos player) and count as everything;

neophytes - gretchins
acolyte and metamporph - ork boyz
stealers - choppy nobs
aberrants - don't bother
chimera & trucks - you already have these
russ - looted wagon
patri - boss
magus - weirdo
primus - gretchin enslaver
sentinel - tincans

Dunno user, use your imagination. Or do drugs and worship slaaensh

>And warp jumps don't pull nearby ships in, outside this one novel. That's what happens when your warp drive explodes, which is a little different.

Yes, they do. Creating a Warp vortex in a middle of space will create a force where previous there was nothing. This force will affect nearby ships.

>Emergency disengagement isn't apocalyptic

unplanned Warp transitions in unsuited spots within systems is very dangerous. You can't just enter the Warp willy nilly and expect everything will be okay.

So I'm starting up Skitarii and wanted to get some ideas on fun allies to run with them. Fun and weird is welcome, I'm not exactly wanting to guarantee a win or anything just have fun and do fluffy or enjoyable things.

Accept Orks are a collectors army and focus on that.

Play casual games.

If you can't enjoy that you should take a break or get out.
Before the numbness sets in

Where are the current rules for the Baneblade?

yeha they do. thats why they're called skim drives.
because they skim.the warp instead of going completely in.

>Skim drives are a Tau thing and they don't use it to enter the Warp
You do know the skim driver is based on the imperial warp driver they discovered in the tau moon right?

The reason they don't go full warp is because they lack the necessary psykers to make the translation to the warp.

So what is a Rogue Trader supposed to do exactly? I'm gonna be running my first RT session tomorrow and I'd like to know if this sounds correct for a Rogue Trader mission;
Coltan mining planet stops paying the imperial tithe and starts trading ores to the Tau, while claiming independence from the planet. Secretly there is a genestealer cult dominating most of the underhive, and the planetary defense force, comprised in its majority by cultists, escaped ten years ago to seek the children of the void. The doomsday is quite near since the psychic beacon of 9 billion cultists is quite big.
I'm planning switching to an only war/deathwatch game if my players want to.

Cont'ed.

This is an Imperial Warp jump. Look at the hole. This whole drags the Imperials ships and anything nearby towards it as long as it remains open and then collapsed on itself in a reality warping manner.

Shit I meant claiming independence from the imperium not planet

escalation.

My dear goodness.

Skim drives don't enter the Warp or interact with it. The Tau skim the void between reality and the Warp. Source is BFG.

And even the Tau skim drives cannot be used willy nilly. They must do it in certain points in space or they will risk being thrown off course of crashing into whatever.

>This is an Imperial Warp jump. Look at the hole.
that's relic's interpretation of a warp jump

The rest is your own headcanon. The only thing that's certain is one novel presents information that runs counter to battlefleet gothic's version of the fluff.

that sounds long overdue for exterminatus, what are you doing there?

Find useful worlds, harass xenos merchants, make deals and trades imperial officers can't be related to oficially or even theoretically.

Sometimes I feel like smashing all my orks because of the way you faggots make me feel.

Relic and the Gothic game designers.

youtube.com/watch?v=hGJVq2kT0S8

And it's matches the description provided in the rulebooks and novels. The hole pulls the ships towards it and that's not headcanon (look at the video).

>l presents information that runs counter to battlefleet gothic's version of the fluff.

The TT or the video game? Are you citing in-game mechanics in a fluff discussion as fluff? Getting desperate here.

It's you again, Kryptman?

Play 3d edition then? Or just houserule, hell, pay some extra to upgrade the boyz to BS3, as long as you're not playing against tourneyfags or other no-fun WAAC spergs, who cares.

Also in Mont'ka.

Stop, just stop user, no one here cared about this shit before you came here sperging about it, I want to talk about GSC hype and the future releases that might come, lore discussion always ends up as shitposting

It's a assymetric dungeoncrawler focused on combat mission scenarios basically. On guy plays Marines and the other spams tons of cultists and ambushes to try to kill a couple of the marines.
It will probably be boring quickly once you've run through the scenarios a couple of times though, just like Space Hulk, but you could always make your own rules for new ones.

And either way you'll have models you can use in Killteam or regular 40k.

They look so happy.
Why there must be only war?

Ignore this post chain and talk about the GSC. It's one conversation among many in the thread. Stop trying to censor me!