mediafire.com/download/novaydro2mxo074/Phase2-fluff.pdf

>free DZC army builders
dzc-ffor.com/
solomonder.com/scoldzap/

>dropfleet preorder, showing prices and lotsa pics
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

>All currently leaked photos of the DFC rulebook, courtesy of the facebook group
imgur.com/a/UhEVg

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Currently running polls:
strawpoll.me/11297065
strawpoll.me/11321886

Opening Query: Which faction's corvettes will be the best and/or cutest frigate murders?

For anti-frigate work: Niccar and Santiago are tied, the Niccar is faster, but it's attacks are more swingy and less reliable.

For fleet support: Echo's are actually as capable as other races frigates, and with Stealth it makes them good at engaging targets both in and outside of atmosphere. I'd say a trio of these will be enough to give a mothership a really bad day as well. That point cost though.

The Shaltari one is... only good for dealing with Shaltari and Scourge frigates. Anything with a decent armour score (PHR for instance) will laugh it off. And for 33pts each, the most expensive of any corvette, you want something a touch more multirole than that.

Important to keep in mind that so far the Shaltari corvettes are their only option for hunting frigates in atmos. Their own frigates can't enter atmosphere. Glass corvettes might be needed just to keep enemy frigates back from your ships and to keep yourself from losing the ground game due to harassment of your gates.

Hard to look past the PHR corvette as best. Best armour, reliable 5 shots at 4+ lock, stealth, and the ability to fire outside CA range. Incidentally, the "medium calibre turret" it's armed with is the same weapon as on the prows of many PHR cruisers so that gives a bit of an idea what the ship may look like.

Shaltari one is...interesting. I wouldn't say it's outright the best, which may be a problem given their frigates can't go into atmosphere. I guess the idea is its extra PD gives it survivability, given how much atmospheric shooting is CA, but I don't feel 3 is quite enough to keep it safe.

UCM and scourge ones both look solid, in their own ways. Nickars will probably need to be taken in 2s or 3s to limit the unreliability of their shots though.

I'm hoping they do a chinese dragon/flying worm type affair for the Nickar. If they do it'll definitely be the cutest.

I'm not sure how to feel about the Ganymede when the Orpheus has what looks like an Ajax-worthy weapons layout. Probably better at bullying frigates near clusters with those light batteries instead of trying to do three things at once.

We need those point costs!

Mathwise, 3 of them should be enough to take out any Frigate that isn't PHR, for which you'd need 4. It's also worth remembering that as a main weapon the frigates wont get PD defence against their attacks whereas against the others they would (Hence why pairing up your UCM Strike Cruisers with Jakarta's is a really good tactic if you know your opponent is bringing Corvettes) so there's that.

In terms of pure stats independant of costs the PHR Echo is objectively the best Corvette out of the 4. However it costs almost a full third more than most of it's contemporaries (apart from the Shaltari one) at which point it enters Frigate prices.
Ultimately you might have to view the Echo not as a Corvette but as a frigate that's designed to be able to hunt Strike Cruisers. Which puts it in contention with the Europa and the Andromeda (because those PHR Bombers are fucking terrifying). Sure it's the best at hunting stuff that's in atmosphere out of the three, but the extra cost on the Echo comes from stuff that makes it good engaging outside of atmosphere as well. So, choices choices choices.

I think a neat advantage the PHR have is they don't have to take separate bombardment and troop-landing ships like every other faction, they have ships (the ganymede and the medea) which can do both. So if the enemy has some armour stacked up on one sector of a cluster you don't actually have to engage it, you can bombard it while at the same time dropping troops onto another sector.

So, yeah. I view the ganymede as a troop/bombardment ship with a bit of shooting, while like you say the orpheus is a ajax that can drop troops.

Fucking PHR, man.

What does the Air To Air rule do? I can kind of read half of it, think it's "no penalties for shooting in atmosphere" but not sure, specifically whether it's only for shooting within atmosphere (which would make sense given the name) or if you can also shoot down into atmosphere without penalty as well.

In either case, I notice the Echo doesn't have the A2A rule on its turret, so only really has the same (reliable) firepower as a Santiago when down in the soup. Might explain why it's not as expensive as the Glass, while at first glance seeming superior.

AFAIK, that applies only to atmo-atmo fire.

>I thought Shaltari normally have crews of 3-9, why so many on a shitty corvette?

Nah, only the cores of Shaltari ships have 3-9 Shaltari; the actual ship runs to a few dozen to maybe a hundred.

>The Shaltari one is... only good for dealing with Shaltari and Scourge frigates. Anything with a decent armour score (PHR for instance) will laugh it off. And for 33pts each, the most expensive of any corvette, you want something a touch more multirole than that.
Keep in mind that their weapons, while A2A, are not CAW; this means that, depending on the actual A2A wording, they would be able to engage at scan+sig range.

Did someone scan the DFC rules, yet?

>still not the shippening
What are you, a PHR infiltrator?

>those hazard stripes
>on models of this scale
Fucking hell. Got any more pics of that ship, incidentally? Looks like an interesting twist on the UCM scheme.

And no, I don't believe so. We got pics of the corvette/strike asset pages & most of the atlantis rules in the last thread, I guess stuff will trickle out over time.

Nej, that'll be the second thing I do when my stuff gets in, which will presumably be next week.
First thing is to read the book front to back a few times

post Echo pls

>those fighters
O-oh my.

I only considered posting the vidya dolphin briefly.

>not rotating it

I did rotate it, but it went back for some reason. Whatever.

>Shaltari carrier can put out +20 PD in a single turn

Cheers, sounds great! Can´t wait for the scan, especially because I was dumb enough not to back the Kickstarter and therefore have to wait for the retail release.

Sorry, don´t have any other pictures. I stole that one from the Facebook group and the guy doing it got (naturally) a very positive response. The flyers are also painted btw.

>those flyers
l-looks like Dave really won't be doing faction specific assets ;_;

PREPARE FOR RAMMING SPEED

They need to, seeing as shields apparently use the same power supply as their point defence. Without fighters, onve other ships get close the hedgehogs have a choice of getting rekt by close action weapons or spanked by regular guns, both with just 5+ armour

Atmosphere is scan range only though anyway.

>crippled result: engines offline

I thought the fluff reason why PD doesnt work with shields up was that the PD weapons can't fire through the shield.

Or maybe A2A ignores that?
In any case, it means that the Glass is also a fairly useful ship in orbit as well, being able to chuck 5 shots from far away while on approach to your quarry isn't that bad anyways.

Can other weapons? I guess you could modulate the shields to allow firing for main weapons, but pd is to small/numerous/whatever?

Will they do anything, though? 5/3 hits and no crits...

Statistically, yes, they'll help out.

They're not going to be putting out loads of damage, but taking potshots from a nearly invisible and fast platform will still contribute a bit.

I think the Glass is a good ship for darting in and out of the atmo layer at range.

5 dice even at 5+ has a lot of damage potential. I could really pick on weaker armored ships like frigates, unshielded shaltari and some lighter scourge stuff.

I'm not really liking the idea of pd applying to all close action attacks. It feels like it ought to be how many dice you get per turn, and if your pd gets overwhelmed... well, sucks to be you?

Where were you when Hawk ruined their own game with (((ramming)))?

PD can be overwhelmed by piling in extra bombers

Many seem to forget the benefit of low damage in picking off nearly-crippled stragglers.

Only you can reduce overkill.

Possibly. I can't remember the fluff reason, just the fact you had to choose between shields and pd. I think with shield up they get to save against the damage from close action like normal, but can't reduce the number of attacks coming in.

>tfw you couldn't back the kickstarter
It hurts seeing all the shiny models coming in with none foe me, specially when there's nothing useful on the tradepage, not that I could afford it.

I just want shiny ships ;;

I doubt it, A2A most likely just means that the weapons hit on their native lock value instead of on a 6 like other weapon.

Keep in mind that PD represents a ships ability to deal with a certain volume of CAW, not actual attacks. It's harder for a ship to shoot down one big blast of CAW, rather than a few smaller ones coming in from different angles.

>game isn't even out yet
>it's ruined
Oy Vey.

Go back to spacebattles.net you turbo autist.

>in your roomy Echo in atmosphere safe on silent running waiting to ambush enemy strike carriers and warp gates

Who comfy here?

Go back to 40k screaming "WAAAGH" you faggot.

>implying it's not an entirely reasonable (for the reason of fun) mechanic for the game to have
>implying it's totally ridiculous, if the ship has sufficient velocity

>(((ramming)))

The Protocols of the Elders of Shaltari prove that the Pungari did 9/11

Furnace cannons can't melt steel beams

>anyone who isn't a hard sci-fi autist is a science-fantasy "lel anything goes" memelord
Didn't we have this argument last thread?

The Scourge were actually engineered by the Shaltari for the purpose of taking human worlds and women!
Human pride galaxy wide!

>complaining about ramming
>when the Scourge are an entirely parasitic, Yeerk-tier race with the ability to integrate themselves with any species of sapient, sub-sapient species as well like vampires and razorworms, taking over wildly different neural architectures and biologies
D*C is already soft sci-fi, and ramming isn't what pushed it over the edge.

Does anyone happen to know the weapon load out of the Yokai and Sphinx? They seem to be roughly the same as the Shenlong by description but I can't tell exactly what's different.

>There are people alive, right now, who are complaining about Ramming
Holy fuck, get the stick of your asses

Scourge occulus weapons come in four tiers, as of now:
>Occulus Rays
3+ lock, 1 attack, 1 damage.
>Occulus Beams
3+ lock, 1 attack, 2 damage
>Occulus Beam Array
3+ lock, 2 attack, 2 damage
>Heavy Occulus Beam Array
No idea, yet.

The Yokai and Sphinx are both armed with Occulus Beams in the front arc, an Occulus Beam Array in the front and side(left) arcs, and an Occulus Beam Array in the front and side(right) arcs.

The Shenlong is the same, except that it's Occulus Beams are replaced with an Occulus Beam Array in the front arc.

this tbqh mi familia.

>Play resistance
>mfw no planet cracker drilling ships to ram with

>implying the Resistance even have the resources to build an asteroid cracker, let alone a planet cracker

user I know it could never work. I know, deep in heart that Resistance will never take to the stars. But, I can dream.

But user, they can and are taking to the stars.
by being assimilated into the UCM :^)

Go fuck youself user, even though that's probably right. Have a bee

Thanks for the bee, user.
This first legions are already being raised on Eden

It's only a month or so before it's on general sale user. I'm in the same boat, it really isn't that long to wait. Kind of sucks to miss out on cheaper prices, but that's water under the bridge.

I'm a jobless student so I'm not sure I can afford any shiny ships, as not been having the best luck getting a part time thing.

I'm a jobbed ex-student, and I don't have time to actually spend the money I'm making.

Enjoy it while it lasts, user.

Thank god BFG is coming back, this game is looking like shit. There are a few nice models but that's about it.

You should be able to scrounge up the $35 for a starter fleet at least

Neat. Thanks.

Would you prefer it if the models were prepainted?

I prefer my broadsides dependent fleet to be completely dependent on torpedoes and launch assets

...wait

Well, all else fails I should be able to get something at chrsitmas time- december birthday and not wanting much means I tend to get a lot of cash around that time rather than other gifts, so I'll probably be able to get a buffer around then.

Why don't you like it, user?

>Looking like shit
Explain?

>be a minder
>dutifully do my job over years and years
>job sucks
>long periods of having nothing to do, but always there when needed
>start getting old, losing control somewhat
>hope to be transferred to a monitor, and go out in glorious destruction
>Champion calls me into his office, tells me I will not be going into a monitor
>sadminder.notyetunderstoodcommunicationsystem
>he says he has something better
>I will be going into a Strix cruiser, my job is to get close to a UCM battleship, and unleash a plasma tempest upon it
>very proud
>succeed in my mission, but take critical damage to the ship
>I will not go out explosively as a monitor
>my final act will be much, much better
>ram battleship and explode
And that's the story of The Little Minder That Could.

Sup Sheltari.

That's how the Imperial Navy actually was in Gothic.

Dropfleet is not looking extraordinarily expensive so far. A starter fleet is 3 cruiser sprues and 4 frigates for $48 ish, the cruiser box is two of them for $24, the frigate box is 8 of them for $31 and a battleship is around $36.

All things considering I think a clash level fleet is going to end up cheaper than a regular dropzone army.

That's the joke

Thought Jellies Couldn't re bond?

That's something yeah. Just need to work out how to do things for it all / what I get.

Still not sure how I want to paint some of them though.

I thought thats how it was? Or has it changed over the testing period?

He is the DZ general troll. Says dumb shit

Makes claims like AOS is a space game or dave is to fat or BFG is a better game blah blah blah.

Just ignore him. The main rule of the threads is to only accept clever bait. Sometimes he tries hard and his dumbassery is hilarious.

Feel free to start small, everyone else will be too. There's also a two player starter set you can get and split with a friend if you're interested in UCM or Scourge

Speaking of Dave's flab, has anyone noticed that he's trimmed down a bit in the last few months?

He's been lifting those heavy pledge boxes into the vans himself. Our hero. By the time he's done he'll be a thousand boxes closer to Marcus tier a e s t h e t i c s.

> be a thousand boxes
Four thousand.

Goddamn, that's retarded. Thanks user.

I'm thinking UCM or PHR
UCM because standard, can use homeworld looks.
PHR because A E S T H E T I C S, fuck you broadsides, the DMC gun, "party like its 1884" of their BC, jesus christ bombers, with the downside of "Im not sure how to paint them"

Can anyone put up the crippled tables? I want to get started on making tokens.

10 hours of CAD and 10 hours of packing a day will do that to you.

With regards to Shaltari crew, I'm pretty sure the 3-9 count is the number of personnel inside the command pod.
There's not a whole lot of real estate outside the pod, but it's conceivable that there are crew members dispersed around the ship. Somebody has to wrangle the Pugnari in a crisis, right?

I remember Dave saying that even he isn't that autistic.

>when you shoot a Xenos mothership with your Yamato cannon and they deorbit into the atmosphere just right

O-or maybe just a list of conditions? I want to get me some prep done.

>Every time my inbox says 1 Unread
>It's never Hawk

I CANT TAKE THIS
JUST GIVE ME THE STUFF MAN
I NEED MY STUFF

Well, this is one of the token sheets you get in the starter box, and I'm assuming that between sectors and launch assets are the crippled result tokens. From info in earlier vids etc. from the top down I'd say:
>Scanners offline
>Weapons offline
>Engines offline
>Spike maybe?
>Losing altitude?
>Fire (continue taking hull damage)
>Cracked armour (save down to 6+)
I'm pretty sure everything that doesn't have a question mark has been mentioned somewhere, the question marks are my speculation (can't remember if engines offline causes you to lose altitude, or if that's a separate result).

With the normal disclaimer that rules may also have changed since the videos happened as well.

I've been playing some Sins of a Solar Empire to get me into a spaceship fightan mood, and holy shit the music is good. I think I'll play some of it during DFC games, it would fit the game perfectly.

Daily reminder that the Ankylon is superior to the Ragnarov.

Hey now, let's give Dave some credit here. The scourge could be genetically modified for compatibility with each host and it is strongly implied that not all species are potential hosts.

>People can't possibly dislike ramming for gameplay reasons
False
Counterexample: me

Fair point, but that only bumps it up to "relatively malleable" sci-fi.

God damned right. Dat group damage reduction can carry a game.

What is this, a bee for ants?

user....