He's a big guy

He's a big guy.

Also, Guild Ball thread.

Who here looking forward to the new veterans? I can't wait to give Vet Spigot a shot.

lol memes

in dank we trust
Is he? Requires relative analysis

>Requires relative analysis
We haven't seen an actual photograph of the model yet, that render is the first look at the model we've been shown, but I do know it is a 50mm base model. I expect hell be about the size of a 40k dreadnaught. Guild Ball's 40mm models are already huge, and they're hyping Veteran Katalyst to be their biggest model yet.

Man, I love this game. It's almost a shame it's so well-balanced, it means that GB threads die pretty quick as there's not the usual crowds of people whining about OP models or anything

If you listen hard enough you can still hear the Obulus whinging going on. To be fair, he is just too safe is the main problem. Very few characters legitimately threaten him and he's too easy to get VPs with. It is generally balanced out by having the rest of the mortificians being slightly under par, but people do still get salty about him especially given his recent overwhelming showing at the US Nationals.

Pic related, the Obulus vs Obulus mirror match in the finals at Nationals. Fucking bloodbath of a game.

I think part of it is that Obulus is better than the other captains at higher levels of play - in my area, where everyone's only got 3-4 months of experience with the game, he's at around the same level as everything else.

I can certainly see how he'd be obnoxious as fuck, though, but I'll stick to playing Midasball.

>He's a big guy.
Fuck him.

Yeah going over his card I can't help but feel he's not worth it. I'd rather just run OG Katalyst most of the time, unless I'm being a retard and missing something important.

>Using Warmachine tokens

Fucking swine

Naw, he is great. He hits super hard. Getting to score 4 VPs is amazing as well.

Finally a Guild Ball General!

What the fuck is up with this Bane meme

what the fuck was that whole conversation in the plane?? WHAT DOES IT MEAN???

"Will you die?"
"It will be very painful"
"You're a big guy"
"For you"

who wrote this

Vet Brisket is pretty awesome. Excited to run her in my Fillet force.

Also, dibs on Fillet as my waifu.

So, Season three is Hunter's captain, Blacksmiths, Farmers, and a rookie for each team?

Am I missing anything?

>Blacksmiths
It'll be Fools, not blacksmiths. At least, that's what I heard.

Also forgot my last pic from the finals.

Fools sound lame. I would prefer actors or bankers.

I'm pretty sure blacksmiths was confirmed, where did you hear the fools thing?

Weren't the blacksmiths previewed in a euro magazine?

>Not having Tenderizer as a waifu

Oh man, I'd love Fools. I got to play at an event in NY a couple of weeks ago, and the Steamforged Staff were there. Went 10/12 against the guy who made the game, he's an absolutely fantastic guy, and his Fishermen team is nuts.

>Fools sound lame.
Honk.

Did somebody say Guildball Generalisimo?

>yfw Obulous is using them as a proxy to cover up all of his schemes

Sigh, Obulos is controlling effectively every team at this point

Not the Butchers with Fillet I thought?

Pic related, I messed up real bad

>vet katalyst
>not worth it
I'm sorry, what?

I want to point out that if Vet Katalyst is swinging at someone with a condition -- any condition, even KD which he can provide himself because he's a big guy -- then Vet Katalyst can deal 4 damage on 3 results. A momentous 4 damage, on 3 results, with 8 dice standing -- and 2 of that damage is actually AoE and could potentially hit other enemy models.

For 2 influence, this guy can charge someone, get the KD on the charge, and then belt them for 8 damage, 4 of which is in a 3" AoE pulse and will hit any enemy model in that area which also has a condition. The guy's a bloody monster. However, he's not a frontliner -- he's a skirmisher. Hold him back until the time is right to commit him. He should be played like Seenah in this sense -- if he gets stuck in he's going to go down very fast, even with 29 HP.

Do what we did for Malifaux and start arguing about tier lists for a couple of threads, and before you know it you'll eventually have a steady general going.

I'm sure he was behind Ox's death, which resulted in Butchers civil war.

Yeah, but I'm not sure anything in the game is really a frontliner. everything dies, just at different speeds.

So I snap bought the Union starter and Coin a while back since the deal was great, but looking through their dudes I'm not sure if I'm digging their overall look.

I saw that two of them in the box could work for Engineers, so I was wondering if jumping over to them and combining the starters would be a good idea? At the very least I like the idea of having two teams for if I want to do demo games, but I'm not sure if Engineers vs Union would be good for that.

You're not wrong there. The only 'tanks' I can really think of are Fangtooth and Ghast, and both of those work not by being unkillable but by actively discouraging the enemy from attacking them.

Fair warning -- engineers are super rough to play as. Possibly the hardest team to play, although the Hunters definitely give them competition in that category.

That said, Decimate is a fantastic addition to the Engineer lineup, so you would already have one character if you switched up. Gutter not so much; she's much too focused on killing and the Engineers can't back her up in that. Decimate on the other hand is just an incredible player who can do everything she sets her mind on, from playing ball to support to murderface times.

As for demo games, the only 3 model demo that works is Butchers vs. Fishermen, and that's only because they've put out rebalanced and tweaked cards for that format. Playing with regular cards in the 3 model format is pretty crap as everything is too fast and too powerful.

Completely false, engineers are amazing, you just have to use Union to do the heavy hitting.

Ballista, Salvo, Velocity, Mother, Rage and Gutter are a A+ squad.

Maybe Ester or Obulus?

In the unkillable sense, sure, but both of those characters have cogent reasons to not want to get stuck in. Obulus's biggest fear is getting mobbed; if there's nowhere to run with UM then he can go down awfully fast, and Esters wants to be able to toss her buffs to whomever needs it that turn and that often calls for not being locked down.

The Ballista list I usually hear used is Ballista, Mother, Salvo, Hoist, Colossus and Decimate. Sometimes people drop Hoist or Colossus for Ratchet for maximum control bullshit -- Blast Earth is really good when combined with ranged KD from Salvo and Ballista for momentum control.

Use Ballista and Salvo early in the turn to KD any enemy model with significant influence on it which would be able to generate momentum, so your opponent has to figure out how to get momentum in order to stand them up so they can actually use their influence, then use Ratchet to Blast Earth some rough ground in key parts of the map for movement control, and finish the turn off with Decimate to farm momentum yourself to win the initiate roll and do it again next turn. It's really disgustingly degenerate, although problems arise when Ballista and Salvo inevitably miss their KD shots though.

Hoist is prety crap.

Its also dangerous to not have front line models. Colossus is good, but doesn't deal much damage. Rage or Gutter is necessary as a finisher IMO.

Hoist is literally the best model the Engineers have access to. The guy is the best striker they've got.

Don't you mean Velocity?

Please tell me you are talking about Velocity. Otherwise you are a madman.

No, I'm talking about Hoist. Hoist is the striker Velocity wishes she were.

Because he has an 8" kick, Close control, Nimble up to def 6, momentous push/dodge or double dodge on a 2?

Oh shit, wait, that is velocity.

Contemplating getting a land raider or buying a guild ball team. Hunters, Masons or brewers. Need to play more games.

Masons and brewers would be best to start with, hunters can be a tricky to use where as the masons and brewers are the easiest factions to use. I'd totally grab a team you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of it than one boxy old land raider.

I've never seen a game that fucks it up as hard as Guildball. None of the figures even fit the fucking theme of the game.

>computer sculpting
So they couldn't be bothered to find real sculptors, so they had to cheat? No wonder it looks so bland and soulless.

This is the dumbest comment on Veeky Forums right now

Have they shown any art for blacksmiths yet? Also where did this fools rumor come from I can't find any credible source. Thanks

Of everything you just listed the only thing that matters is the extra 2" on her kick; the rest is all chuff. Hoist being functionally invincible and being able to hold 5 influence if you need him to outweighs all of the small benefits Velocity brings.

Velocity is far and away the worst striker in the game if only because she just doesn't accomplish what she needs to accomplish. She doesn't have the range to snipe goals like Mist, Flint, or Angel, she's not tanky enough to just sit up front like Hoist, she can't bring any utility to the team like Sakana or Bonesaw, and she certainly doesn't bring any damage to the team like Brisket, Vitriol or Egret. Every other striker in the game outclasses her; even in her own guild the tanky striker niche is beaten by Hoist.

Also, Hoist does have a momentous push/dodge on 2 and more TAC to back it up.

That's not even a question.

Go Brewers they are awesome.

Don't take the bait.

Fools sound like BS.

Interesting stuff, I'll have to give Hoist a try.

Do you think replication is a trap?

In most games TR is a bad idea for Hoist, yeah. I mean, it's a good ability in theory, but Hoist isn't Midas. His biggest issue is that he can't really use it reliably on turn 1, which is the only time in which influence is 'cheap' enough to be able to afford spending 5 on such a luxury. On top of that, unlike Midas Hoist's guild ball results are really poorly place on his playbook, so most of the really abuseable stuff that Midas loves doesn't work with Hoist. Hoist is about as good with Scything Blow as Harmony is, for example.

That said, there are some abilities which are still worth copying. Stave's Lob Barrel is one -- especially because Hoist can actually use it to push himself around thanks to his Sturdy trait. It becomes one hell of a melee disengage, pushing the opponent(s) away 4" and KD'ing them and then pushing Hoist 4" in the other direction. I've seen him copy Chaska's Boom Box to good effect, too. Otherwise, things like Where'd They Go? and Super Shot are generally good choices on Hoist, as they make him significantly more dangerous as a striker.

Generally, though, Hoist just runs forward and stands within goal threat range and taunts the opponent. If they commit one model to kill him he simply does not care and can shoot through them; if they commit none then he's wide open, and if they commit two then he may eventually die but he will have ate up far more resources on your opponent's team than he did yours and he still accomplished quite a bit. It's especially great when people start tilting at him as he lives turn after turn after turn thanks to the ridiculous combination of 4+/1 defenses, Tough Hide, and Reanimator.

They are laughing at how shitty such a high profile movie was.