Hiro-approved board discussion thread

I understand why the mod doesn't want to obey Hiro's orders. It's perfectly natural to want to keep power once you've seized it. However, it's been about two weeks since the other mods started obeying Hiro, but the mod who runs Veeky Forums and /qst/ still doesn't want to follow orders and allow a board discussion metathread. We're going to keep following the suggestion of the site owner and continue discussing the problems with this board. It would be nice if the mod obeyed his boss and left the board discussion thread up, but we know that won't happen.

Mod, please remember that all threads are archived on 4plebs, and deleted threads are being logged to show Hiro how disobedient you're being.

Oh look, /qa/ are here under the mistaken belief Hiro gives a fuck.

>the mod who runs Veeky Forums and /qst/ still doesn't want to follow orders and allow a board discussion metathread
That's because Veeky Forumsmod is based and we've already resolved the primary concern of Veeky Forums by making /qst/ and having virt banned. This thread and others of its ilk are meaningless.

Don't bother, you're just going to get the quester/antiquester argument, because people who understand what the /qa/ Board Fun Police are doing don't want people to realize the mod is under their thumb.

This is actually pretty relevant. Veeky Forums is more Veeky Forums than it has been for a while, and the quest threads have a home.

Granted the /pol/tards are still trying to fill the peace with trolling, but nobody really cares about them

>more pointless shit threads is definitely better, yep

>Now that the threads I liked are banned, there's less threads that I like

Yes, that's how it works when the Board Fun Polie get involved.

End the /pol/shitters and tell them to keep their stormfuckery in their containment board.

Why do questfags hate excuse me threads so much?

No, fuck off. Whatever happens to /qst/ is not our problem, go back to your board.

>This is actually pretty relevant. Veeky Forums is more Veeky Forums than it has been for a while, and the quest threads have a home.
Is it? How can you tell?

Also, daily reminder that the /qst/ mod is ignoring us.

Get the stupid /pol/ tards to be better behaved. It's seriously awful.

Veeky Forums is mostly fine, just enforce the fucking rules we fucking have,
Dump CYOAs in with quests and move them to /qst/ or delete/ban. Deal with spam. The end.

>Get the stupid /pol/ tards to be better behaved. It's seriously awful.
This can be solved very easily with blanket perma-bans on any IP posting on /pol/.

Also include those skirmish missions in the dump as well.

But user, what is that supposed to do exactly? They can still move here, and then we're back where we started.

No. It can be solved with a simple sticky that says:

"Posting about contemporary politics will result in a ban. You can discuss in game politics, and you can even use political discourse as the inspiration for your game setting, but discussion of contemporary politics should be contained to /pol/ because we can't have nice things."

Please mods, ban the Excuse Me spammers already.

I don't think you understand what a permaban means. Ban anyone who posts on /pol/ from Veeky Forums. Completely. Forever.

Just keep reporting shitposters and buttmad /qst/ posters.

Could be a good thing you know

>I hate quests, and Nazimod hates quests, so he can't possibly bea n incompetent abuser of power!

If it were just /qst/ we wouldn't be having this conversation.

>If it were just /qst/ we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Yes we would, because questfags are *that* salty about being thrown out of Veeky Forums.

It is becoming increasing clear the mods of this board don't give two shits about what Hiro thinks, or what the majority of the userbase thinks for that matter.

To be fair, quests should never have been evicted. It's just one guy declaring himself god-king.

Unfortunately, the mod deletes every discussion thread on /qst/ as well.

>To be fair, quests should never have been evicted.

Yes they should've. Deal with it, questfag.

Back in the day I thought questers wanted there own board

I think /co/ is having the same problem.
But with hiro finaly taking an intrest in his moderation things will change soon some things will get worse but the site will expirence a net gain.

Eh, I personally only use /qst/ for the one evogame that Librarian runs there,and that's about it.

In your opinion.

Nope, that was the anti-questers. Questers fervently argued against having a separate board.

please mods, ban people talking about traditional games

doesn't work like that bucko, don't like them? don't post in them

they ain't against the rules

>It was a perfectly valid decision to ban a type of thread that has been a part of Veeky Forums since its birth and took up about 5% of overall board space because a bunch of shitposters whined about it hard enough
Okay.

Yeah because that worked so fucking well for /mlp/ it didn't

There's literally one guy crying about them.
Or actually, it may just be one guy trying to make all questfreinds look like idiots.

Yeah, on /co/ the decent threads go through the catalogue like curried peanuts through an elephant.

Spam is against the rules.

Just stay at /qst/ you cancerous pieces of shit.

>it was a perfectly valid decision to finally enforce the rules of the board and remove off topic content, no matter how prevalent it may have been

Some did but mostly not.
Those few who did did not want the retardation we got though holy shit what were they thinking with those "features"

What about /pol/ posters offends you so much?

>In your opinion.

And it's your opinion that it's one "power-mad nazi mod" trying to destroy everything you love. Plenty of people wanted quests out of here, that's why they're gone.

Now get back in your gas chamber.

Try posting a pony here, see how long it takes before you get banned.

protip, people asking questions is not spamming

Those fucking 'excuse me' threads should be an instant permaban.

As someone who frequents /qst/, I like the new board. And as someone who uses Veeky Forums to talk tabletop I like having more room for threads about actual traditional games. What I dont like about is the fact that any mention of any other board, be it /a/, /k/, /qst/, /d/, or even /v/ is met with with levels of autism that should only be seen on /pol/ and /r9k/. Veeky Forums does have a problem, it's gotten to toxic and salty about its own "soil", that it divulges into a shit post factory whenever it's not actually talking about traditional games.

>Veeky Forums a board known for engaging and mature off topic discussion should avoid a major aspect of life.

you seem eager to censor discourse you disapprove of even if it is on topic

why are you so disobedient

This is actually the case.

.... Isn't the point of Veeky Forums to be as permissive as possible?

Why the fuck are their law & order fags here

Spamming, avatarfagging, roleplay threads, and trolling are all against the rules. Even by modest standards, those threads are breaking rules #3, #6, #10, and #13.

Also, they're a shitty forced meme that is unnecessary for discussion, so your "but people use if for discussion" holds little weight.

Wow CTR shills fuck off. It's easy to spot you no matter where you are.

>Plenty of people wanted quests out of here, that's why they're gone.

You should be looking at how many people wanted them to stay.

And they were always wrong. Quests were developing into a seperate culture from Veeky Forums, and needed their own home where they could organically nurture their own board culture. The mods graciously have them a board to do so and the board is clearly thriving. Questers and actual Veeky Forums users are both better off now.

Veeky Forums now had more space to participate in Traditional Game discussion, and /qst/ can develop its own identity in peace.

There's nothing to discuss, OP. You don't actually want to start a conversation, you just don't like change.

That's only for /b/.

Please go back there, and stay there.

/pol/ has a board. Conventional politics and discussion about types of government that has nothing to do with the setting - or the thread itself which is more often the case - don't go in Veeky Forums. It's not that hard.

/pol/ shit literally has no place on Veeky Forums regardless of what you think about quests or not. The problem is the mod like /pol/ and has to be forced to do his job.

There was never any point in a conversation anyway. We were right and you were wrong, it's just a matter of complaining enough.

>It's so sad it'll make you say "fuck having laws and order and stuff!"

Either have all quests on Veeky Forums or have them spread around the site.

And if you do give them there own board dont make it shitty.

Their ignorance coupled with general smugness. As soon as they show up, they spew the same lame bait, samefag their posts into oblivion, and wind up arguing with themselves over basically nothing. People can have whatever opinion they want, but when it's poorly supported, spammed relentlessly, and shitposted by some retard it's very detrimental to board health. There is a containment board to segregate those mongoloids from the rest of Veeky Forums, and they should really be forced to stay there.

The issue isn't that their opinions hurt my feelings, it's that they're physically incapable of discussing anything else the vast majority of the time, and I shouldn't have to put up with sjw jew shillery vs alt right edgy teenagers in my unrelated MTG thread.

>ban a type of thread that has been a part of Veeky Forums since its birth

Quest threads didn't start until a couple years after Veeky Forums started, what in the world are you talking about?

Meanwhile you talk about zionism. I wonder who could be behind this post.

Yeah, i see your plan.

Dont talk about banning stormfaggots without talking about banning zionfaggots.

I've seen one person complaining constantly.
One.

Filters, use 'em.

Alternatively shiftclick on the thread you don't like so you can hide it.

Mods gave them a board to shut up the complainers.

It's a new trend in board policing that will only end badly.

Or them eating up picture-space with their shitty infographs.

if roleplay threads are against the rules why do mendacious, disobedient trolls claim their quest threads are protected

That is hypocrisy

And in trying to police the tone of discourse by saying amusing images do not contribute to it, you are judging a book by its cover, which is intellectually dishonest.

This is why no one fucking likes you

How the fuck do you think that /qst/ is thriving? Page 5 on /qst/ has most recent posts from friggin' Wednesday, while Veeky Forums has page 5 threads with posts for today.

Gee, we tried that line of conversation about threads, and it got a containment board made. Wonder how well your advice will go over THIS time.

And your shill for Hill shit is why no one trusts you here or in real life. Get a real job you commie shit!

I personally liked the quest threads and i cannot understand how Veeky Forums is supposed to view itself withtout them. All i see is tabletop games and 40k threads.
The quest threads where were Veeky Forums actually GOT SHIT DONE.
I agree there were too many quest threads, so a containment board was inevitable, but never NEVER forget that quests is what Veeky Forums is about.

>trying to defend your forced meme

Man, fuck off back to /b/ and go spam some pepe there. No one believes you when you pretend you're anything but a retarded spammer, so you can stop acting dumb, Mr. "intellectually dishonest."

The slippery slope is real user.
If you crack down to hard on that stuff eventualy the fight moves onto auctualy related content.

Oh this magic player got baned because his sore loser oponent dredged up a crime he did his time for thats an outra

Oh we aren't allowed to discuss that now ok.

I have a question.

Quests, in essence, are a 1 on 1 roleplay where one of the sides is being controlled by several people.

So, if we ban quests, we should ban civilization rp's, things like risk threads, Floors, Iron Hearts/Skirmish Quest, and such.

What would be left would be a purely discussion board.

Alternatively one can recognize that quests are a type of traditional pen-and-paper-and-internet game, and let it back onto the board for such.

What even -is- the definition of quest they use? Can I make a collaborative storytelling game on Veeky Forums if it's, say, Microscope? Dawn of Worlds? Kingdom? Something freeform like a "create a setting" thread?

I fucking HATE those. I don't need to see the same smiling merchant image photoshopped into whatever and posted with a sarcastic comment in yiddish vernacular over and over and over. It's just so... boring at this point. Do they think they're being funny or insightful? I don't get it, they must just be very young.

No, you're just retarded.

I just want to know one thing, would the evogames Veeky Forums ran back in the day have had as much momentum as they did if they were run on /qst/?

It's not the mods fault that quests (in my opinion) degenerated into text only quests with no actual art component. Lego Quest was one of the few quests left with the original spirit.

Veeky Forums should add an /ex/ board for excuse me threads.

>Get a real job you commie shit!
Your addiction for attention cause you get none in real life is pretty blatant, and hence why no one on Veeky Forums likes you

>All In see on Veeky Forums is Traditional Games
How...awful...?

>ignoring a problem makes it go away

It was ignored in the past. Guy would spam it ever single day, up until he ran out of questions and started to just repeat the same threads over and over again. It wasn't until that point that people really started to tell him to fuck off, because Veeky Forums has no need for some guy who wants to spam his version of frogposting here.

No, because there isn't a playerbase to draw from that isn't involved in quests they actually like which might be running at the time you post your Evogame.

See the problem? Of course not, it's not a problem at all.

Half the time if you actually fact-check the stupid things, you can find absurd biases, but it takes so fucking long to debunk, and they just spam you with another 3 while you were going over that one. Shits dumb.

You need some new material! Sad!

You just can't accept that other people might disagree so you create a scapegoat, someone trying to "force a meme"

But you don't have an ounce of proof.

Thank god the quests are gone. We struggled for years to get them to their own board. Moot was a faggot and didn't want to do it for some reason. Now the quests have their own place and Veeky Forums remains Veeky Forums.

We could have stoped this with /mlp/

It set a bad precedent that people who did not enjoy something were more important then those who did.

/co/ generals getting moved to /trash/ without any rules even being put up to explain it followed and soon after quests got ditched.

You can check out /qst/ to confirm yourself. About one of them is doing alright, there might be another alive but the OP stopped posting last week.

>NEVER forget that quests is what Veeky Forums is about
u wot

>Board games, paper games, war games, card games, etc. go here!
it's always been about tabletop games

>We struggled for years to get them to their own board.
Gee, I thought you didn't do that. Looks like the conspiracy was real.

Irrelevant.

My point was that blatantly off-topic nonsense should be contained to its own cesspool. If it's posted anywhere else, it should be a bannable offense.

There's a very simple test to determine whether something is Veeky Forums related: are you actually talking about Veeky Forums content, as categorized by larger Veeky Forums archetypes, or are you talking about something else, and using Veeky Forums as an excuse to discuss it.

/qst/ has 600,000 posts already. That's more than /news/, /wsr/, or /3/, and not far behind /out/. I would say it is a decidedly successful board.
>Page 5 on /qst/ has most recent posts from friggin' Wednesday
Page 1 on /vr/ has a thread from September 17th. Page 1 on /jp/ has a thread from August 23rd! Low activity boards are a constant on Veeky Forums. Why would you compare it to Veeky Forums, which is in the top 10 of fastest boards?

>no proof

All you need to do is search in the archive. It's hardly a difficult trail to follow, and hoping people extend to you the benefit of the doubt just so you can continue to spam unmolested is simply trying to take advantage of us.

It's only too obvious it is spammed and forced, and hoping to pretend otherwise is just playing dumb, which I'm pretty sure I already asked you to stop.

Are you just genuinely dumb?

There are multiple threads with hundreds of posts. The board will always be an inherently slower board due to the nature of quests. The board, by all accounts, is healthy.

>So, if we ban quests, we should ban civilization rp's, things like risk threads, Floors, Iron Hearts/Skirmish Quest, and such.

>What would be left would be a purely discussion board.

Yes. This is exactly what should happen. One board should be for discussion of traditional games. Another board should be for actually playing posting games. It's the most sensible solution.

>ignores the fact that 90% of /qst/ is singleshot shitspam posters.
Uh huh.

Have this (you), its the reply you deserve.

>using Veeky Forums as an excuse to discuss it.
You mean the only reason you can get decent discusion of fantasy or sci fi literature on Veeky Forums

You think you guys have it bad? Go take a look at Veeky Forums where we don't even have a mod, and the humanities part is basically free reign to post whatever nonsense you want

Half the threads on Veeky Forums are blatant shitposting over and over again, with every 1/5 threads being about jews, it's fucking excruciating getting any quality discussion on the HISTORY board cause of /pol/

>Yes. This is exactly what should happen. One board should be for discussion of traditional games. Another board should be for actually playing posting games. It's the most sensible solution.
Sure. Now, what makes you think the board fun police are going to leave things you like unmolested?