Warhammer 40k General

Xenos Scum Must Burn Edition

>Last Thread

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/tncVh
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Khorne_Daemonkin(7E)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Daemons(7E)
forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Space-Marine-Sokar-pattern-Stormbird
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How viable is a Tzeentch based CSM army?

Fuck, I miss 5th edition.
>tfw Black Templars/Orks player
>tfw the Assault phase got fucked over
>tfw the Templars don't have an army book anymore
>tfw Orks are now shit
I miss 5th edition, it was comfy as fuck. I've been playing Kill Team a lot though and I really like the rules!

As viable as the tzeentch daemons you ally in

Worst psychic tree, worst cult marines, second-to-worst mark

Serious question: What is more likely to happen before 41k (or even 50k for that big of a change)

The Tau surviving long enough to super advance technologically and even biologically and become the dominant species/empire of the galaxy, if not the actual winners of this war.

Or them getting squat'd.

The former, because GW can't sell overpowered Megazords to children and tournament players if they squat the army.

After watching Aliens, I know have the hankering to make a Colonial Marines Kill Team. I'm thinking of using the Tempestus codex to differentiate them from the rank and file Guardsmen, but I dunno what to use for minis. Do some minor conversions for standard Guardsmen? But if so, what would I use for the Pulse Rifles? Or does anybody know of 28mm Colonial Marines?

So did anybody collect all the GSC leaks that one glorious user posted last night?

I saved them. Give me a few minutes and I'll upload them to an Imgur gallery.

Here: imgur.com/a/tncVh

We're still missing Hybrid Metamorphs.

You're a saint

PhotoAnon came back and posted it last night.

Cult Insurrection

The First Curse
Patriarch
Purestrain Genestealers x20

Neophyte Cavalcade
Neophyte Hybrids x10 2 Webbers
Chimera Transport x1 2 Heavy Flamers
Neophyte Hybrids x10 2 Webbers
Chimera Transport x1 2 Heavy Flamers
Leman Russ Exterminator x2 Multi-melta sponsons
Armored Sentinels x2 Autocannons

Demolition Claw
Acolyte Hybrids x5 Heavy Rock Saw, Demolition Charges
Acolyte Hybrids x5 Heavy Rock Saw, Demolition Charges
Goliath Rock Grinder x1 Heavy Seismic Cannon, Cache of Demolition Charges
Goliath Rock Grinder x1 Heavy Seismic Cannon, Cache of Demolition Charges

Subterranean Uprising
Primus x1
Metamorphs x10 Whips, Icon, 5 Hand Flamers
Acolyte Hybrids x10 2x Heavy Rock Saw
Acolyte Hybrids x10 2x Heavy Rock Saw

Catachans with converted hellguns would be expensive, but also cool as fuck.

>second-to-worst mark
Curious, which is the worst?
Because personally I find paying for a 6++ sucks pretty hard to grunts
>Though +1 to invuns is pretty swell, enjoy 4++/3++.

So my cousin wants to start 40k, specifically Salamanders.

His birthday is in two weeks and my Uncle asked me what he could get him for the game.
So far all he has is the SM Start Collecting and a Drop Pod.

I told him that B@C would be his best bet and then I was going to get him a box of Assault Marines and Devastators so he can start with his Demi-Company after he gets some more transports.

I play Necrons and was wondering if SM Devastators come with enough of their weapon choices (same with Assault Marines.)

Do the tactical marines in B@C also have enough specia/heavy weapons if he wants all of them to have, say, flamers and meltas or something?

Mark of Khorne. It only functions in combat, which in Shootyhammer edition is a big deal, and unlike the Mark of Slaanesh it only functions in the first ROUND of combat. So you get very little use out of the points you pay for the thing.

you do know that those B@C marines are MkIV right? they will look different to the other marines in his force, not sure if he wants that.

>Or does anybody know of 28mm Colonial Marines?
hasslefree minis have some

Do we have scans of the October white dwarf, because if we don't I can scan mine

Go ahead

New player here, CSM and Daemons caught my eye. I have my 7e Rulebook and other hobby supplies. Just trying to decide on a Codex and then paint scheme.

Specifically Khorne and I noticed he has his own faction in the Khorne Daemonkin.

Is that a 'New Player Friendly' army to start with?

Is there anything in the new book that came out that would be good for them?

What CSM units are good for Khorne?

He has a Start Collecting and I think Bloodcrushers are cool. Maybe cool enough to get two of?

I am sure I will need those Daemon Troops but what about the Skull Cannon, is that any good?

Are Soul Grinders good enough to be my centerpiece in an army? They look amazing and seem like they are good on the table.

Why do possessed look so terrible? They have such great fluff.

My friend was telling me the Gorepack is the most necessary formation for Khorne as it is Bikes and Flesh Hounds that are really quick.

Well he only has 10 of the 'current(?)' tactical marines so hopefully it isn't too bad.

Is there a size difference or anything? How different is the armor?

B@C will stand out, also help him paint them so they don't end up on eBay straight away
For tactical marine
>3 flamers
>3 meltas
>3 plasmas
>3 heavy bolters
>3 missile launchers
>3 power sword
>3 power fist (which can be made into a lightning claw)
>3 Chainsword
>3 combi weapons, can be made into flamer plasma of melta but you only get 3 combi bolter parts to base them off

For terminators
>1 heavy flamer
>5 sets of lightning claws
>1 power sword
>5 power fists
>5 chain fists
>5 combi bolters

It's definetly a saving but will stick out

Oh I forgot, my two 40k friends play Sisters / Inquisition / Grey Knights and Dark Eldar / Eldar / Harlequins.

Salamanders are a First Founding Chapter, why wouldn't they have MkIV mixed in with beakies and MkVIIs?

Read the following before commenting further
>1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Khorne_Daemonkin(7E)

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Daemons(7E)

I have been thinking recently Necrons have deteriorated during the great sleep both mentally and physically, So I ask what do you think the stats of the Necrons would have been pre-sleep

>physically
>immortal, self-repairing metal bodies

because MkIV is not used anymore? at least not that much. but i ain't talking about fluff, i said it could be that the guy does not want multiple kinds of armor.

Em4 miniatures

Even more funny when you look at the shitty TH formations. Oh, you wanted MoK Warptalons, did you? Well that's a disordered charge, so you can forget about it

please stop spamming this shitty list in every thread.

Daemonkin lists frequently run minimum sized Cultist squads. They are mobs of 5 point grunts who run in, maybe get a kill or two with their pistols, and then die, which in turn increases your favor with Khorne to make the rest of your army stronger or to summon more daemons.

Flesh Hounds are definitely good right now, because they have multiple wounds and Scout. Bloodcrushers are similar in function but lack Scout and cost more points, making them a riskier bet.

Possessed are trash desu. If you want good space marine units for KDK, take Terminators or Bikes.

Forget about devastators, I think the new kit may have 2 of some of the weapons like Missiles, Multimeltas and Lascannons, but as you'd expect from GW's advanced Jewry, there's only one Gravcannon. Just check the sprue on the site. It's better than nothing of course, but you may be better off buying two boxes of either Devs or Assaults.

As for MKIV, they look fine, no problem. LIke the other user says, they'd be right at home in Salamanders anyway.

Perfectly symmetrical violence.

>there's only one Gravcannon

Nope. If you check the site, there's two of every heavy weapon. It even lists the box contents on the store page.

>WAAAAH THERES ONLY ONE GRAV CANNON
Why not just take other weapons, grav isn't the be all and end all of devastators uses

>become the dominant species/empire of the galaxy, if not the actual winners of this war.
They'll become reclusive space China with warpstorms popping up everywhere and Tyranids showing their faces everywhere

Don't listen to user. MkIV is perfectly fone for Salamanders to have, and since they're a First founding chapter they're more likely to have them than anyone else.

The bonus of getting BaC is that it can work as a 30k force as well.

What's this from?

honestly i wouldn't get bloodcrushers for daemonkind due to lack of ap2, though the ap3 has it's merits

source ?

BIG BIRD IS IN ORBIT, I REPEAT, BIG BIRD IS IN ORBIT!

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Space-Marine-Sokar-pattern-Stormbird

Is this good? I just ordered one because it's a sweet-model but would three chimeras be the smarter option?

Pretty much this; The Traitos' hate book is just slightly less smelly garbage than what it was, so if you are even considering CSM, and Khorne at that, go KDK.
Soul Grinders are pretty good, great for AA as well, so definitely get at least one. Beyond that you'll naturally need a Bloodthirster and some Daemon Princes, maybe a CSM biker lord, and look into various alternatives for Fleshounds since the finecrap models are monopose suckage, I'd just go with WFB Chaos warhounds. Cultists could be done with pretty much anything, the AoS barbarians look pretty cool, but their scale is fucking retarded so avoid them if that annoys you.
Maulerfiends are also not too shabby in KDK, as well as Heldrakes, and if you want to have the really cool stuff in the end, get a unit of Blood Slaughterers from China, maybe a Khytan or Brass Scorpion if you don't think a couple of Thirsters are neough.

>that yellow

err forgeworld, either your painting is lacking or those photos don't do the model justice

Yeah saw this this morning.
I'm getting one for me and one for my brother.
pretty neat model

Well, my bad, I'll be over here if anyone needs me.

Their deterioration is more a case of sanity and general sapient processes rather than actual capability. The lower-ends who cannot process emotions or the necessities of true sapience seem to be more or less unchanged, with the exception of the Destroyer Virus, Flayed One Plague and the occasional slight eccentricity in their otherwise completely emotionless robotic routines.

If you're doing Devs at all, you'll obviously want to be able to field a squad with all the effective weapons, of which Grav is certainly one.

Just get two boxes and swap in spare bodies and you're set.

3 chimeras would be better, this is expensive, has little offensive capabilities, and can only hold 3 infantry squads and a platoon command.

And no fire points mean it's only really good for transporting melee squads, and seeing as Ogryn/Bullgryn are poop, what exactly is it doing better than 3 chimeras, which are more tactically flexible.

Should have bought the Praetor or the sexy Malcador Infernus.

How did the Angels of Death formations shake out, anyway? The Iron Hands looked fun on paper at least.

Amazing

Do we have the front parts of the book?
the army special rules, the warlord traits, the detachment?

What the fuck is this

>Missile Launcher and Autocannon

Why, as a Dread, would you do that to yourself?

This, I usually see a unit with the Grav and Amp then the other unit with Missile Launchers whenever I face my friend's Battle Company.

I thought destroyers were there from the beginning.
What promots me to say this is that Orikan has an empowered form which I assumed to be his form before the great sleep, so I thought that all necrons were stronger before the great sleep

Want to pick up 40k again. Looking at Officio Assassinorum and maybe Tempestus Scions. Thoughts?

Looking to build a 1500/2000 point list.

Do you REALLY need to transport a big blob for some reason, or Ogryns? THen I guess it's good. Still a waste of a LoW slot though, just like the open topped one Krieg has.

Tzeentch's theme song is an acapella cover of MACINTOSH PLUS - リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー sung from a thousand maws.

Good if you want to specialize in killing infantry and light vehicles. You could go for the twin-linked Autocannon instead of the Assault Cannon, but the AC's multiple shots and rending makes it better against MEQ infantry.

Awesome.

It's not even capable of transporting a big blob, if it was Transport capacity:50, then it would be a reliable way of delivering a mega-blob but 35 is 3 squads and a couple characters.

Is there really any reason to give tac squad sergeants a chainsword rather than a bolter

Note that Orikan's empowered form has similar stats to that of a C'tan and there's lots of hints that he's preparing for some super sekrit event (he doesn't actually go super all the time and in-fluff it's something he's been working towards forever). All this suggests that he's got some ascension-through-circumstance plot going on.

Garbage day.

Cool enough model, but superheavy flying transports are literal ass and this one doesn't even have the thundercock cannon.

Rule of cool and an extra attack if you expect assault

That's what happens when you're grumpy from being woken up form your centuries long nap and just yell at the techies to do whatever and let you sleep 5 minutes more.

>That yellow

My fucking eyes. Did slaanesh paint that to torment my eyes? What the fuck dorn?

You can get a 30-strong Blob Squad and their Platoon Command, or three Veteran squads and a CCS. That isn't terrible, though I'd probably price it at 200 rather than 250 points.

They're really only useful if you play on a table that takes up a hundred square feet

Yes, but your legs are so stubby that you don't even get AP on your 4 S6 attacks if you don't take a fist.

Pretty much what I want to do, however, I will try to fit a deliverance formation somehow.

yeah you can make your opponent re-roll one of his melee dice

Yea pretty much what I assumed. Being a Raptors/Imperial Fist army the bolter is more help to me. I've yet to really see the extra attack pay off in cc

Nah, both of those are supposed to be used as allies. Just go IG, use the models as veterans instead, since stormtroopers are kind of pointless, and go on form there.

Fluffy/10

Most are good, but few are as OP as free transports so they don't get as much attention as the Gladius.

Special Mention to Iron Hands tho
>+1 to FNP for being IH
>+1 to FNP for being in the Medusa Strikeforce
>+1 to FNP for having the Gorgon's chain
>(1/6 for getting +1 to FNP via Warlord Trait)
Giving +3 to FNP (or 4+++ default), with possibility of +4. And combined with Command for 2+++

Extremely specialized and you're going to have a bad time against tailored or meta-lists. Perfectly possible to do 1500 in casual games using the two, though most would recommend adding a small contingent of a third force to fill in the gaps that the MT/OA can't.

Oh God. Super Smashfucker?

This is Smashfucker Prime

Probably the free comic in October white dwarf

At least Smashfucker Exterminatus no longer exists since the relic clarification.

Manta isn't too bad actually. D gun that doubles as a pie plate, about a billion long barrel burst cannons. Some other shit.

I mean, not much point to using it as a transport, but I guess if you're taking it anyhow...

>Super Smashfucker
Look up Smashfucker Prime
Basically Cataphractii Iron Hand with a Command Squad.

Base stats include 2+/3++ rerolling 1's / 2+++. Throw a Conclave in there and he can kill most Primarchs

Smashfucker died with the GW faqs.

Any recommendation on the third force? It's gonna be purely casual and F U N

Imperial Knights

Imperial guard or space marines may be cool

What is this from?

>Any recommendation on the third force

How do you feel about massed artillery?

To fill out that 2k list or just shove that badboy in the 1.5k?

Deathwatch, Grey Knights, or Inquisition

>Nobody here reads White Dwarf

I'm open to whatever. This isn't supposed to hardcore cheese or a tourney list just fluffy and casual fun.

To fill it to 2k

Any good tallarn style heads manufacturer?

I think victoria makes some