Star trek general /STG/

Gold pressed latinum edition.

Previous thread A thread for discussing the Star Trek franchise and its various tabletop iterations.

Possible topics include the rpgs by FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher, the Starfleet Battles Universe and WizKid's Star Trek: Attack Wing miniatures and game.

Game Resources

FASA's RPG
>mediafire.com/folder/9mt7sng56l8gg/Star_Trek_RPG_(FASA)
mediafire.com/folder/cwn8tbt2qm5t4/FASATREK_Adventures

Last Unicorn Game's RPG
>mediafire.com/folder/9eiysv2192ods/Star_Trek_RPG_(LUG)
-Official and Fanmade Resources
>coldnorth.com/memoryicon/

Decipher's RPG
>mediafire.com/folder/c6tb7p6dp0pye/Star_Trek_RPG_(Decipher)
-Fan Supplements
>strpg.patrickgoodman.org

Far Trek
mediafire.com/folder/lrhbz9l0qay0j/Far_Trek

Lasers & Feelings
>onesevendesign.com/laserfeelings/

Lore Resources

Memory Alpha - Canon wiki
>en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

Ex Astris Scientia - Fan analyses of ships, tech and continuity issues
>ex-astris-scientia.org

Daystrom Institute Technical Library - Database of ships and technology
>ditl.org

Star Trek LCARS Blueprints Database - Ship schematics, deck plans and recognition manuals
>cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints-main2.php

Star Trek Maps - Based on the Star Trek Star Charts, updated and corrected
>startrekmap.com/index.html

Star Trek Cartography - Information and maps
>stdimension.org/int/

Other urls found in this thread:

sto.gamepedia.com/Utility_Cruiser
youtube.com/watch?v=ehKz_bjr1GI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ywn have this silly underpowered ship in your Federation fleet

How did Latinum become the dominant currency of the Alpha/Beta Quadrant?

Ferengi spread it around.

(((Ferengi))) market manipulation. Also, I think it's because latinum can't be replicated.

Latinum isn't the dominant currency so much as the only untraceable one. Since it's not replicable, it serves as a good currency for people who don't want the Klingons, Romulans and Feds tracking their money transfers. Amusingly, Gold Pressed Latinum is basically a gold bar with a capsule of latinum in it.

Yeah, they make a whole thing about the Gold being basically worthless as a currency if you remove the Latinum

Latinum can not be replicated, and it has a wide variety of industrial and technological uses.

Its the non-replicatiable version of diamonds or gold... on its own gold has no real value except for its use in technology, same for diamonds.

Went on STO with my Fed character for the first time in about a year. Spawned perfectly beside the Lakota. Say what you will about STO, but the Ships are awful pretty.

Shame that your AA is so shit.

Do you have a sauce for Latinum having industrial or technological uses?

I thought that Latinum, on its own, was *entirely* without intrinsic use, and was only wanted *because* it couldn't be replicated.

>Why does Star Trek attract furries, autists, and autistic furries?

Yeah, how could a property like Star Trek ever attract people interested in xenophilia, sex-positive thinking, and autistic attention to detail...

But yes, Star Trek was always kind of perverted, under the surface, thanks to Roddenberry. He wanted to give Troi four tits, and made his wife a cat. The sex-positive message is always there under the surface, at least in TOS, TNG, and DS9. It kind of drops away in VOY and is completely gone in ENT, making way for those horrible de-con scenes. Apparently there are loads of times where they tried to put same sex couples in a shot, but the executives shoed them away. Though they did get away with two dudes in dresses. And the gay planet of Riker's genitals.

Either way, Star Trek is where the terms Mary Sue and Slash Fiction originate. To point the finger exclusively at furries... they kind of joined after the fact.

Plus, I don't think anyone can beat the extended universe stuff. Except maybe that guy who wrote a horrible furry/Trek fanfic and commissioned furry artists to do art on it. Then again, that is only on par with Dr. Selar being knocked up by a dickgirl, or whatever the fuck happened.

Best to just stick to the show. And then only the good parts.

>same for diamonds.
Valuable diamonds have no industrial use.
""Industrial Grade"" Diamonds are pretty worthless
Diamonds are as common as sand

>Trek and Furries
>Trek was a #progressive breeding grounds
Pretty sure Furries were basically just part of Trek conventions until the 80's. IIRC oldfag tales; it wasn't until furries had their own serious stuff like Albedo that they started moving away.

Why do you have graphics set to minimum?

Asia-class?

Everybody out of the Shipyard, we've got silly ships to build!

It's the Pioneer class I think.

Pioneer.
sto.gamepedia.com/Utility_Cruiser

I see. Kinda lame. Is that the only TOS ship you get in the Agents of Yesterday thing?

It's the only free one. There are several others you can buy, for only a few shekels!

Only free one.
>tfw the connie on this list has been around for years before AoY

She did get a remodel though, so anyone who already had it now has a shinier one.

So, that's good I guess.

It's still a T1 ship, while the T6 was an abusive % drop.

What about...the Other Janeway?

>T6 "it prints money!"

Yeah. I'm not especially happy about the way they went about the "providing" the T6 Connie.

Oh well. I babysat a friend's account for a year while his computer was dead, and paid me back by getting me the AoY Pack.

The Nautilus is sooo good. Especially with that Daedelus skin.

It's a tie between not really attractive women, so... neither. Let's imagine the terrifying universe where DS9 was as poorly written as Voyager was in ours and vice versa.

>the terrifying universe where DS9 was as poorly written as Voyager was in ours
my god how horrifying

>Let's imagine the terrifying universe where DS9 was as poorly written as Voyager was in ours and vice versa.
Would Enterprise have been good in this universe?

8 seasons, Emmy wins for 5-8, due to the Romulan War and focus on the Federation's founding. Nemesis is considered the best of the TNG movies, and Romulan crap is everywhere due to the concurrent ENT storyline.

That's...

Well, it's not the SILLIEST ship I've ever seen. It looks like somebody decided to take a Miranda class, upscale the hull to full Cruiser weight, and slapped on a pair of extra nacelles.

The stupidest thing about it, I see, is that it has two torpedo pods on a ship that almost certainly doesn't turn as easily as a Miranda does.

I lo - have a deep and abiding gratitude for you, user.

I fucking LOVE the Akula class, have ever since I played Starfleet Command II for the first time. I mean, the Miranda moreso, but I love that sleek little bastard of a Destroyer.

No, it looks like a Miranda that had a Constellation ram into the back of it, and they decided it was quicker to pull the nacelles off the Miranda and squish in the Constellation's saucer a bit than to pull them apart again.

Yeah. Also, whenever I hear about STO's Ranger, I think of pic related.

Now why would you do that? It totally throws off the center of thrust, having the engineering hull above the saucer like that.

What I don't get is why all those old schematic ships have nacelle pylons which are redonkulously huge compared to the rest of the ship body. That one's marginal but-not-really-stupidtastic, on account of having the nacelles attached to the saucer instead of the engineering hull, but there were some that were absolutely LOLtastic last thread.

All I can conclude is that the early Kirk-era shipwrights were REALLY enjoying them some magic mushrooms, then the generation of shipwrights who made the Miranda and Refit Connie came into power and quietly retired those guys to the planet of infinite peyote.

The early Federation was experimenting all the time with warp field geometries. Have what's basically a BoP on a Connie saucer.

The old Nacelles were power generation systems that could explode at the drop of a hat. Getting them as far away from the ship as possible was the best idea. The Enterprise refit was the first of a new design of warp engine that wasn't as explosive as nitroglycerine in a bounce house.

I was just about to comment that the pylons were about 50% too long for that ship. Not as bad as most of FASA's designs but still, that's just excessive.

I'm not sure that... Well, *any* Federation starship that isn't a Defiant has a balanced center of thrust; presumably impulse engines vector to such a degree, and attitude control is so strong that that's a nonissue. Or, you never know just how massive those nacelles ARE - and/or if that "engineering" hull is actually mainly crew accomodations and the reactor and other heavy bits are in the saucer, she could be balanced just fine.

Always falling for the unobtanium trope...

TOS
>first season kinda bad, but show gets better and better as time goes on
>third season acclaimed by both critics and fans, but ends because creator feels it was finished
TMP
>masterpiece of dialog, great pacing, cerebral without being pretentious
TWoK
>ran out of ideas after one movie apparently
>brought back a forgettable villain from bad ep of original series
>pretty bad action with bad effects
STIII
>better than the last movie
>very emotional, well loved by fans
STIV
>time travel to modern idea always a terrible idea
>spock swearing is cringe-worthy
>lol whales
TNG S1-2
>great start to the new series
>uniforms are fantastic
>mature, timeless stories
>effects excellent, still hold up even 30 years later
>great cast of characters, especially the breakout character Troi
>lots of drama on the ship (that's what family and civilians would do in such a situation, after all), but it never bogs down the sci-fi excellence
>unfortunately the visionary creator gets too unhealthy to continue running the show
STV
>main actor of original series becoming writer/director was absolutely inspired
>great ensemble work all around
>callbacks to what made TOS so beloved in the first place

>Have what's basically a BoP on a Connie saucer.
That... Okay, that doesn't look bad. It looks like a frigate, or maybe a prototype Miranda before they decided it needed about 60% more internal volume.
I actually kind of like it. It looks like the kind of thing that would stick around into Janeway's time as the kind of thing they can give cadets to cruise around Sol system on to get them some experience, alongside the Okinawa-class, and probably still serves as system patrol boats with some warp range.

>The old Nacelles were power generation systems that could explode at the drop of a hat. Getting them as far away from the ship as possible was the best idea. The Enterprise refit was the first of a new design of warp engine that wasn't as explosive as nitroglycerine in a bounce house.
That's probably headcanon, but you know what, I'll buy that for a bar of GPL.

Most of the FASAtrek designs are silly as fuck. Those ARE kinda silly, but not derptastic like most of the FASA designs, and the ship mostly forms a cylinder, with that big hull on top, so it's roughly proportional.

>That's probably headcanon, but you know what, I'll buy that for a bar of GPL.
Actually Franz Joseph and FASA ran with it first. It made sense based off the "rocket ship" look.

>Most of the FASAtrek designs are silly as fuck.
These aren't FASAtrek though. The FASA ships suffered from using the Constitution saucer and nacelles on fucking everything, even if it didn't make sense. Like this. There were some good designs in there, even if no one else really likes them. Inward facing nacelles aside, I like the Andor. And the Baker is 10/10.

Look at this gem of "almost could exist."

Did they get a dart board with various parts and just throw darts at it for designs?

>thunk
"Okay. That one's getting the Excelsior pylons with..."
>thunk
"The Reliant's nacelles..."
>thunk
"The Connie saucer - sorry Jim."
>thunk
"And finally, that extended bit from an aircraft carrier that Harry thought would look 'fun'. Okay, I want drawings by lunch people."

TNG S3-5
>loss of creator threw everyone into confusion
>characters flounder, previously great villains wasted or ruined
>basically reuse ideas every five episodes
>show close to being canceled
STVI
>tries to set up the transition from TOS-movie era to TNG, fails spectacularly
>all the old characters lose their dignity one way or another
>muh klingon shakespeare
>story dated even before it left theaters
TNG S6-7
>writers start getting an understanding of what made TNG so great at the beginning
>lots of fresh ideas despite going on for so long
>gets stronger as the series heads to an end, lots of moving backstory and stuff
>no harm done by the writers focusing on the sequel movie
>except somehow the last ep bombs
DS9
>putting Trek on a station is as bad an idea as it sounds
>lots of good stuff with the deep, rich, and diverse bajorans at the beginning, but they fall by the wayside in favor of shifting the focus to the one-dimensional cardassians
>basically action-babby trek, but with worse effects than the competition, so no one likes it
>start a war to mix things up, but it isn't exciting and the stakes never seem high
>bad writing made even worse by terrible overacting
>at least based Dukat gets fleshed out and redeemed at the end
>trying to shoehorn in good TNG characters (like Wesley and Troi) somehow makes everything worse
Generations
>basically a continuation of the greatness of S7 TNG
>brings back some TOS characters, and puts them to great use without overshadowing the TNG characters
>Data's emotion-chip plotline leads to some of the best stuff in Trek, both in terms of emotion and humor
>makes a fitting send-off from the old movie stars to the new
First Contact
>fixes the borg
>not enough action for a movie though, even by TNG's standards, so kinda boring during the Enterprise parts
>overall kinda meh

Every thread is nothing but ship discussions
why don't we talk about other pieces of tech

Like phasers

We're not even to the best part user. The TNG ships were worse. This is the best of them.

Because most of us like the naval aspect a lot. And because personally phasers look like crap after the original movies.

If those pylons were 50% shorter, sure. As it is, no.

It's probably breaking that Golden Ratio thing which is why it looks almost good but not quite.

Post your favorite episode of Trek.

I know it's cliche but pic related is mine.

And if the secondary hull was shorter. It's too long by half, I think. Have a... a thing.

Best of Both Worlds is probably my favorite. Sets up decades of material, all from the fallout of the events.

>Decker class

Those bastards. Neither Decker deserved this.

Original phasers are still best phasers. Not dildos like TNG.

Space Seed is mine. But I have very fond memories of being a youngin' and watching Arena for the very first time.

>Because most of us like the naval aspect a lot. And because personally phasers look like crap after the original movies.

I dunno, some of the TNG movie era phaser RIFLES look pretty good.
The dustbuster hand phasers remain stupid AF, though. I want to see someone redesign 24th-century Federation hand phasers with actual pistol grips.

Mine is Pic Related.

Why?
Because it was about 35% Star Trek Voyager, and 65% that never-made series that featured Hikaru Sulu as captain of the U.S.S. Excelsior.

Well, that, or Dyson Sphere. But saying Dyson Sphere (or The Trouble with Tribbles/Trials and Tribble-ations) is kind of a cheap cop-out, because they're everybody's favorites.

>Top View
Ok, that's a little odd but I can see what they're doing. Looks like it should have had Excelsior type engines earlier and maybe it's a refit...

>Front view
Yeah, ok, not too bad

>Side view

...WAT.jpg

>Those bastards. Neither Decker deserved this.
Aside from not being a really good looking ship, the Decker is one hell of a shitkicker, actually. It's a better armed Miranda class that turns the pocket cruiser into a Destroyer that carries marines, and can out fight most Klingon cruisers. It's a fun ship to play.

>Ok, that's a little odd but I can see what they're doing. Looks like it should have had Excelsior type engines earlier and maybe it's a refit...
It's supposed to be a contemporary of the Excelsior, so yeah. In the FASA timeline, the Excelsior is basically a FUCK EVERYONE THAT ISN'T DRIVING A BATTLESHIP after its introduction, and the Decker is a lighter one of them.

I don't even... How the...

I literally drew better fucking starship designs as a single-digit age child. Someone was paid for that design, it can't have been much but any amount was too much.

VOY
>letting a ship get lost on the other side of the galaxy really brings out the drama
>always high-tension, but also knows when to let the audience get a breather
>captain has to learn when to enforce Starfleet principles, and when they have to be let go
>makes good use of the full ensemble cast
>despite having a female captain, never gets preachy with the progressive moralizing
>very occasionally will give the crew some hope for a quicker way home, but never too much hope, just enough for the audience to remember that these people are indeed trying to get home, and that they all have people they love and care about
>strategic use of romance increases the audience's connection to the characters
Insurrection
>continues the way Generations did:basically an ep of TNG extended to a movie
>mature crew is able to deal with the various issues in an intelligent, dignified manner
>in a shocking twist, the Starfleet admiral is actually the bad guy
>but both he and the other villains are convinced through logic and discussion to change their ways
>most engaging treatment of the Prime Directive and Vulcan Utilitarianism ("the needs of the many...") to date
Nemesis
>perfect end to TNG movie run
>introduces a relative to Picard (child!) in a way that somehow avoided being terrible
>again, a triumph of TNG's style of conflict resolution based on discussion that nevertheless never gets boring
>however, shows that the heroes aren't always right or perfect, and that there are consequences to this
ENT
see

"i can snap this in two with zero effort," toothpick edition

what the absolute fuck

this looks like a retarded stork jutting its beak out

And the last two that are full of craziness. The Wellington is on the left.

Welcome to FASA in the 80s with a Star Trek license. These are their worst ships though. Their best were in the early books, IMO. The Loknar, Baker, Remora/Charger and Chandley were their best ships.

TNG phasers aren't that bad

I feel like if I were less lazy, I could move certain parts of all these FASA designs around and make less godawful looking ships but frankly I am not sure it is worth even trying.

I also suspect all of theme were primarily drawn from the top first then the details filled in with whatever bullshit, because the top view is the most consistently not showing of how fucked up the designs are.

The top view on the Paine almost looks good. Then you see the side/front view are you're like, "what the fuck was that guy smoking?"

Cardassian hand phasers are "not that bad."
BAJORAN hand phasers are "almost usable."
Federation hand phasers are loltarded.
Klingon Disruptor Pistols are form-over-function.
Romulan hand disruptors, on the other hand, are a thing of utilitarian beauty.
The phaser rifles from First Contact were absolutely good, form and function working together.

But those dust busters? Stuuuuupid.

>Romulan hand disruptors, on the other hand, are a thing of utilitarian beauty.
what about the romulans is not sexy as fuck?

We are in agreement. Great Character piece and an interesting story.

Their carbines are kinda derpy lookin'.
Also, their entire political system should be burnt to the ground, the ashes should be stirred and salted.

the federation rifle design is pretty good

THAT one, absolutely. That's the First Contact phaser. I'd space marine with that phaser all day long.

Pic related is kind of silly. The Voyager compression phaser rifles are stupid.

>Hating the retro stylings of the compression rifle.

I bet you are the kind of person to hate the awesome sexiness of the TOS phaser rifle too.

Christ man, that's asking something.

>TOS
-A Private Little War
Despite the goofy parts with the Space Gorilla and the Space Witch, I thought it was very strong. It's the sort of episode that really treats the Prime Directive well, and places it in juxtaposition with the scummy TOS Klingons. The interaction between Kirk and Bones was also nice. It's even better that TNG did a very good follow-up.

>TAS
-The Slaver Weapon
A predictable choice. The Kzinti are a nice addition, and provide a credible enemy. It's exciting, and just funny enough to live up to its saturday morning cartoon name. It marries Niven's creation and Star Trek very well.

>TNG
-The Inner Light
You saw this coming. But after watching it five times, and reading a very underwhelming AMA with the writer, and not jumping on the bandwagon, I do have to pick this one. I think the unique mournful feeling Picard has for a world only he has known is very profound. I've got close family who experienced similar loss, and after watching it for so many times and never getting it, I finally did. It's a genuinely moving episode that was very obviously made by everyone working on it giving their very best.

Honourable Mention: The Wounded
I love The Wounded because it's the prototype for DS9. It has O'Brien as a main character, it has Dukat By Another Name, it has DS9's typical ambiguity, and it has one of Picard's absolute best mic-drops.

It's absurd. The ergonomics of it are ridiculously bad to use as an actual weapon, and having the barrel hanging out so far without any support - you CAN do that, but you SHOULDN'T.

Seriously, the working technology at use may be new, but the ergonomics of the way the device is used are centuries-old, tried and tested. Frankly, you'd be better off grabbing a centuries-old FN P90 for killing people, using a hand phaser for stunning them, and only carrying THAT thing for demolition work when and if nessessary.

I've been marathoning TNG for the past couple days and just got to The Wounded
Got to say it's probably the best episode in season 4

>DS9
-Rocks and Shoals
In the end, the Dominion War defines DS9. It was a grueling, gritty conflict, and this episode is all about that. I think I do love Ds9 the most, and it's a pain for me to select a favorite episode. I always loved the little insights into the Jem'Hadar and the Vorta, and this episode delivers. With the honourable Third Remata'Klan and the loathsome Keevan, we get some very good Dominion characters. it shows the futility and brutality of the war. Kira also comes full circle, and suddenly realizes she's a collaborator. The episode treats every character in it well, except for Jadzia Dax. Which is because Terry Farrell's skin can't handle a lot of sunlight. I love Garak, and he is also so quintessentially Garak in this episode. Even the location for the shoot, a quarry, is so incredibly Trek. I just love this episode.

Honourable Mention: Trials and Tribble-ations
I'm sure many people love this episode. And there's so much to love. It's absolutely brilliantly put together. There's just no other way to say it. It effortlessly splices 30 year old footage with contemporary footage, it has top notch writing, it brings back an obscure TOS villain played by the same actor, it retcons TOS in the best way possible. It's just brilliant. There is no bad part to this episode. It upstages VOY's 30th anniversary episode to a ridiculous degree. It's great. Just great.

>VOY
-Live Fast and Prosper
Maybe an atypical choice. VOY typically isn't very strong, in my opinion. This episode is a very entertaining commentary on its own series, and very entertaining to watch. I'm a big Tuvok fan, and seeing the conman character identify with Tuvok is a personal kind of joy. Voy still has many strong episodes, but this is simply my favorite.

Honourable Mention: The Thaw
This is a very TOS-esque episode, with its clown-like villain and its weird sets and extras. VOY tends to have problems relaying threat, and this episode succeeds very well. It also works well with VOY's theme of the unknown. Janeway gets to be both reasonable and intimidating without contradicting herself. The Doc is also a joy to watch.

>ENT
-Cogenitor
Oh boy. I'm not a big fan of ENT. I considered the In a Mirror, Darkly, but felt like it was cheating due to it not taking place in the main universe. I wanted to select one with Shran, but his best moments are scattered over the series. I also considered the Space Arabs episode because it's pretty damn cool. But it has to be this one. A good character piece about Trip, considering a typically Star Trek issue. ENT isn't ahead of the curve very often, but here it manages to dip back into proper Trek territory by giving us a truly alien society with a third gender. Its solution is properly muted. One of the few times ENT lived up to its heritage.

The Wounded is definitely one of my favorites. I've always quite enjoyed it when people sing in Star Trek, for some reason, and The Wounded has that scene where O'Brien and Maxwell sing an old war song. I thought that was very touching.

I also especially enjoy the chemistry between Patrick Stewart and Marc Alaimo. Though I'm not sure if it's chemistry. It's simply Trek's greatest villain bouncing off one of its greatest Captains, which is awesome.

>-Live Fast and Prosper
I never actually got to SEE all of that one, sadly, but I've seen bits and bobs of it. And the TITLE is one of the best in Trek.

The thing about Voyager is that the ratio was skewed. All Trek series' had shitbombs - Spock's Brain, anyone? And all Trek series had their shining gems. Voyager had both, and its shitbombs were only slightly worse than other series' shitbombs, whilst its gems shone with the best.

It just had far, far more episodes that were merely mediocre, and a slightly higher proportion of episodes that were kinda bad. Not outright bad, just... Sub-mediocre.

What should I do with my ancient power cells and voth cybernetic implant? Doesn't the temporal gear have better stats?

>The only competent members of the Enterprise are Troi and Wesley
>Worf becomes implausibly good at hand to hand combat

It's a neat episode because it does some much needed introspection for Voyager, but also because it embraces Voyager's nature.

By far Voyager's worst flaw was a lack of character. There's a reason why my two picks both feature strong guest stars. Voyager's characters were often just not very interesting to watch. The Doctor is by far the best, owing to Picardo's acting chops. But worst of all, Voyager falters in presenting credible villains and threats. Seska and the Kazon had potential, but were wasted. The Borg were wasted. They occasionally ran the risk of presenting some actual stuff unique to Voyager, such as Red Forman, but ended up wasting it. You know it's not good when something called the Telepathic Pitcher Plant is one of your best villains. I think that's a Janeway-ism. Janeway had this odd talent for coming up with exactly the wrong phrases for things. I'm surprised she didn't once say "bomb voyage" after firing a torpedo.

>bomb voyage

Actually, a wisecracking captain who made light of blowing up the enemy would have been fucking hilarious.

>ywn see a captain blow off a chunk of a Cube and hear them say "I guess they just couldn't see my side of the argument."
Fuck now I want that.

>tfw a few notes from The Minstrel Boy plays in the background of O'Brien's solo character moment during the DS9 finale

That IS Janeway, more times than I can remember.

You're just repressing it under her heavier themes of bipolar tyranny.

Yes but she was never funny about it. Though really, I just want the Monarch, 21 and 24 as the command trio on a ship in the Dominion War, with Doctor Venture as depressed Excelsior captain.

Oh, one more ship. This is FASA's attempt at creating the Defiant in 1987. It's armed about like the Defiant would be, and has more firepower than the Frigate from before.

>the Monarch, 21 and 24
>Doctor Venture
Who?

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, if you're making a reference, I honestly don't know it.

The Venture Brothers, a sort of Johnny Quest parody. Every character is an ineffectual loser, with the Monarch being an over the top super villain with terrible henchmen, and Doctor Venture being the shitty scientist son of essentially Doctor Quest.

any episode that demonstrates Keiko is awful is good in my book

>The Wounded
>Keiko is awful

She expresses surprise at O'Brien's mother actually handling raw meat in this day and age (pretty typical response for a 24th century person), agrees to try more of O'Brien's cultural cuisine (and while finding it unusual, eats it without any complaint), and supports him as best she can while he's clearly dealing with some old wounds from the Cardassian war.

If anything, this proves that the 'Keiko is always horrible' meme makes no sense.

It seems like moving to DS9 turned her into a monster, since no one noticed her being possessed by a Pah Wraith.

>without any complaint
Without any expressed complaint, the passive-aggressive bitch

To be fair, that was the only Pah Wraith possession that didn't turn them into glowy-eyed reverb voiced murder-maniacs.

Maybe it went to Space Juliard and enjoyed acting like a perfect housewife (with poor balance).

Dude, O'Brien reacted the same way to her Japanese meals at first.

It's supposed to show how similar they are, not turn into a gender war.

Just a reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=ehKz_bjr1GI

Oh, you mean when O'Brien was an assassin replicant sent by terrorists to blend in and kill some dignataries, and his wife knew that and was trying not to set off his programming/feel him up for a weak spot at the same time?

Yes, that's clearly a perfect representation of the real O'Brien and Keiko's typical home life.

The stocklessness of the Compression Rifle really hurts it, same with the TNG/Most of DS9 phaser rifle.

Why would it need a stock? There's no recoil.

>I've got close family who experienced similar loss, a
I've met people online who have had dreams that lasted YEARS only to awaken to a world that's completely different.

Bracing to make sure your aim stays steady, just your own arm movements can fuck up aim, so why NOT have a stock?