Post 'em

>Dice thread
I honestly like the transparent ones because you can see the imperfections if they have any.
Pic is my current go to dice

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Blue-Jumbo-Size-Polyhedral-2xd10/dp/B00BJOAA9C/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1475256044&sr=8-15&keywords=large blue dice
amazon.com/Chessex-Dice-d6-Sets-Marble/dp/B0011WHLAI/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1475256097&sr=8-14&keywords=Chessex Dice d6 Sets
amazon.com/Polyhedral-7-Die-Set-Metal-Dice/dp/B00AMK895G
metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/551072
ebay.com/itm/201659714023
artisandice.com/product-category/druid-dice/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When I DM I use these: amazon.com/Blue-Jumbo-Size-Polyhedral-2xd10/dp/B00BJOAA9C/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1475256044&sr=8-15&keywords=large blue dice

and

amazon.com/Chessex-Dice-d6-Sets-Marble/dp/B0011WHLAI/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1475256097&sr=8-14&keywords=Chessex Dice d6 Sets

When I play I these:
amazon.com/Polyhedral-7-Die-Set-Metal-Dice/dp/B00AMK895G

The metal ones were a gift. They feel nice, but I always feel like I roll like shit with them.

I only use custom-cut flawless diamonds for my dice. No edge wear, and you can always be sure of spotting someone trying to sell you a flawed diamond (always go for white/gold diamonds, don't trust chocolate ones). The only way you can possibly fuck them up is if you chip them, but that's only if you somehow hit two of them together really hard.

I like to have options

>that zocchihedron tho

I'm poor, so I just have one normal opaque dice set (in purple 'cause I'm a manly man)
But I have a handfull of different d6 (pic related)
the ones in the back are segregated because they are uneven, but I still keep them because I might find a use for them

What the fuck is that blank, white dice on the middle-left of the screen? Just above the plastic bag.

the icosahedron?

Yeah, but why is it missing an entire side?

Probably just an uninked die.

Those d30's or something dang son

yea its just a blank d20 put whatever we need on it, usually body parts to see where stuff hits
yea couple 30s a 60 a 24, also a 16 a 5 and a 7

Bad pic of great dice

>those tablescratchers
>great dice

D60 - muh boi!

The only set I use, along with a few extra (black) d6s. Mine are Chessex-brand, but only because I didn't want to wait for some cheap Chinese-brand dice to arrive in the mail weeks later.

I only use Gamescience. Got a twelve-set of opalescent dice with gold numbering for divine classes like my paladin. Even got an extra 12d6 for that set. 7 set of green gems for Emerald Spire, and a new set of purple gems for arcane classes. My first GS set are good ol crystal blues.

But Shipping is free and 12 cents if you buy 4 sets!!!!

That's a sphere

I only use ancient Egyptian artifacts.

metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/551072

Seems like a good deal, although I don't need more than one set. Maybe I'll invest in some in the future to lend to players who don't have their own sets.

>impossible to read
>fucks your table up
>great dice

Honestly, just painting the numbers black would make them 200% better.

Still jagged. You roll those on my table, you fix it. And God help you if they fall on the floor.
"Hey user, where do you keep your OHGODMYFOOT"

Y-you don't use a box for rolling? Or a dice pit?

I bet you don't even use coasters.

Did someone say caltrops?

These mother-fuckers right here.
Got a set of them with the DukeNukem Balls of Steel edition. I dare say I have gotten more use and fun out of them than I did from the game.

Lost one a few years back which is a damn shame but they're still great dice.

Its a round d6.

I have a set. Not a big fan, as the one is the signature face instead of the six. I want to throw fireballs and have my DM despair when he sees a nuclear holocaust, instead of min dmg.

This was exactly the level of jackassedness I was hoping to find here

Damn, those would go great for one of my boardgames... too bad there is no way to get them by themselves, and i would want three of them...damn...

I have a bunch but my current D&D set is pic related.

I also have a transparent d8 that I love very much.

I still have never understood why people think diamond is somehow unbreakable.

I really like the marbling effect on my current dice.
Pic related.

Transparent dice are actually more trustworthy than opaque ones, because, as you said, imperfections (which can affect balance) are more easily spotted, meaning they are less likely to exit the production line flawed.

What site is that? Are those Koplow? They sell some decent 10-die sets

ebay.com/itm/201659714023

my guess is that they are the Koplow factory 2nds.

Or the dice they sell to game makers for their boxes.

Theres a bunch of similar listings all originating from China/HK.

Set pictured -

1pc x 30 sided dice
1pc x 24 sided dice
1pc x 20 sided dice
1pc x 12 sided dice
1pc x 10 sided dice (0-9)
1pc x 10 sided dice (1-10)
1pc x 10 sided dice (00-90)
1pc x 8 sided dice
1pc x 6 sided dice
1pc x 4 sided dice

I honestly hate when the d4's look like this
Just something about not having the numbers on the tip pisses me off

Use the uneven ones as counters or tokens

These are my favorite set that I actually play with. Chessex Borealis in teal. They shimmer blue when the light hits them. Kind of hard to read from a distance, but they're so beautiful.

I have a set of lapis lazuli dice as well, but those are just for display. The numbers were painted on instead of etched, and I don't want to risk the corners/table rolling them.

>hard to read

This is my only criterion: high contrast. I settled on cheap, high-contrast opaques and translucents because, if I even -suspect- that one is off-balance, it cost me less han a quarter, so I can just shitcan it with zero regret and play on.

>i like transparents
Shiny! Yeah, transparents are gemlike, but the faces can "show" 3 or more numerals at once. One of those 'looked good on paper' ideas with unintended consequences.

>muh motara nebula
Psychedelic camouflage dice made from recycled sweepings and inked with metallics? These might make tolerable counters if they were priced LESS than opaques but, guess what ...

>radical, edgelord specials that have to be sold with instructions
You're trying too hard, newbie.

Look, I get the "different strokes" thing, but -
1. There's still something a little off in people who ardently defend buying overpriced dice that are objectively poor gaming accessories and
2. Seek help if you swallow GameScience's hype about perfection. Unless you're somehow wagering on your TTG outcomes, it just. doesn't. matter.

Fite me.

You could have stopped after ooh, shiny. That was my only reason for buying them. I don't even really care that much, and will switch to more legible dice when asked. I just like the way they sparkle.

Most of my collection is just that, a collection. I like the way it looks so I get it and fondle it when I'm sitting at my desk. If I was worried about exact statistics or readability, I would just pull out my purple opaques and move on.

You make decent points about why they're not great, but those reasons aren't why I wanted them. I just saw them at GenCon and went "oooh, I could stare at those for a few hours." I only made the mistake of trying to play with those Elvish Q-Workshop dice once.

I'm with you, man. Every other die has the result on the top.

Just got these
The white is fucked up on a lot of the numbers.
Kind of disappointing, but they are still pretty sexy being metal and purple

The Gamescience thing is only generally valid for chessex d6s. I'm not OCD about accuracy or anything, but chessex are just godawful dice.

You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on dice, you just need dice that don't have rounded corners.

Rolling a set of these with a dice tray. Pleasing finality to every swing of my axe.

Massdrop?

Not pictured is an unopened bag of pathfinder dice that's missing a d10

> using dice with rounded edges
> using metal dice that lack elasticity
> using dice that are egg-shaped because they've been in a rock tumbler for days
> wondering why you aren't getting an even distribution of random rolls

blame JoJo

Look again, they even fucked up his box.

I always smell oranges when I use the orange set.

Only $23 when I bought them, and now regular dice feel insubstantial in my hands. Haven't noticed them fucking up the table but the table my group uses isn't brand new anyway

I have those dice. They're awesome.

I like these because they look chaotic
also because they're shiny

I have a couple spherical D6's. They are the worst. Not that I distrust their rolls, but damn things take 2-3x as long to settle.

Oh yeah, I only have 2 which I use for display. Hell 98% of my dice are just for show. Occasionally I'll let them all out on the table and choose a new set with my group. Dice Augerys are fun.

I like Chessex's translucent dice, especially the red set. They're generally more balanced and the ends aren't tumbled as often so they don't roll off the table.

I have lots of different dice, mostly translucent, but my red set is my favorite.

Mine is fucking cursed, unless I roll to basketweave. I can weave a mean basket with the red dice

I just got some gamescience dice and after inking them with a paint pen, I went to buff the excess paint off the surface by rubbing them vigorously against the leg of some fuzzy pajamas I have. I took the edge right of my d6--rounded it out pretty severely. I went back and looked at the d20 I done similarly to, and sure enough, the edges (and especially the points) were rounded out in the beginnings of a pattern that should be familiar to anybody who has really old D&D dice. "So then don't rub your dice until the edges come off, dumb ass!" you might say, and that point is well taken, but if it's so easy to rub the edges off, then it seems like something similar would happen from rolling them repeatedly.

So now I discombobulated and a little sore over shelling out a decent chunk of change on dice that were meant as a remedy to my chessex dice being unbalanced, only to find out that they are significantly flawed as well. I'm not sure what my next step will be. I've tended to stay away from translucent dice because I generally find them less attractive and legible, but maybe I'll see if standard translucent (chessex, koplow) dice seem to roll true.

The next step is to recognize that you're not going to approximate truly random results with physical dice. Use a random number generator if you're worried about that (they're all over the place, they have them on phones now), or pick your next set of dice based on how much you like them, not some kind of randomness-pedigree.

Out of the only two sets I have and received at the same time, these are my favorite. They're actually detailed instead of printed on like the others

I strongly prefer rolling dice to using a random number generator, and I don't need or expect them to be perfectly random. They just need not to be too strongly biased (no rolling one number twice as often as another, for instance), something that seems realistically achievable. The gamescience dice seemed like a good solution, if only they were more durable. But I haven't completely given up on my quest to find passable dice, even if I am currently rather despondent.

Have you tried a dice tower to better randomize rolls, versus accidentally falling into the same funk of similar hand rolls?

I can see how a dice tower would help remove the problem of people rolling poorly (just sort of plunking the dice down without them rolling enough, or rolling dice off the table or something), but I don't really see how they would help randomize dice that are showing bias. It would be one thing if I always started rolling with a particular number on top, but otherwise, any bias imparted by the way I roll (to, for instance, go 12 faces forward and one to the left) should be compensated for by the fact that a random number will start out on top. Also, I don't really get how RPG groups would use dice towers without them getting in the way and being poorly situated for some people (unless you have multiple towers, in which case they'd really get in the way).

It's the old school way of doing things.

>Every other die has the result on the top.
Every other die is read from above, with the number flat. That's impossible on a d4. Every other die has the base of the number over a flat side rather than a point (with the d10 being as close to that as is possible), so from that perspective, having the numbers on the bottom d4 is more consistent.

But in terms of readability, I agree that having the number on top is superior. Raising it up makes it easier to see and less likely to be obstructed by stuff on the table. But tetrahedral d4's suck anyway.

I need more...

To help anyone who was thinking of buying cheap dice from overseas I decided to do a comparison with some of the ones I have.

In the pic you can see the die on the far left is from China (Cost€1.50 for a set of 7 but took 6 weeks for delivery)
The blue die is from the 5e starter set

The black with red writing is a Chessex (€10 for 7 with 4 day shipping)

And the pale speckled blue on the right is a Magic TCG life counter. (50c at my local FLGS)

They all weigh exactly the same except for the life counter and after 6 months of abuse they all seem to have eroded the same way.

TLDR: Chessex dice and Chinese knockoffs are the same thing.

Diamond is the hardest metal known to man

The Chinese die looks clearly lopsided in that pic.

>his dice don't come from materials that have been refined and prepared for centuries and dedicatly and individually hand crafted

artisandice.com/product-category/druid-dice/

>What happens when an oak tree soaks in a swamp for thousands of years? It turns a sinister black as the evil of that dank, fetid water is absorbed into the fibers of the once-mighty oak. This stuff is seriously cool, and it’s older than Methuselah. About 5,000 years ago, a tree fell in a swamp in what would one day become Eastern Russia. And, yes, it made a sound. It was the sound of gamers yet to be born crying out with glee as the second-most common question we get is finally answered with a resounding, “Yes, you can indeed get a set of Ancient Bog Oak polyhedral dice.”

Muh diiick. If only they weren't nearly $300 a set.

Diamond is not a metal.

lurk moar newfag. it's an ancient meme, like katanas folded a million times or -4 str.

My dream set is the crocodile bone set. Probably lopsided as hell, but I love the look of it.

Has anyone ever 3D-printed Dice?

>Every other die is read from above, with the number flat. That's impossible on a d4

What the fuck is this die? It's showing both a 3 and a 4 up, but the 4 is upside down and there is no conceivable way for it to ever be rightside up? You fucked up hard with this one. That die is a d3, a d4 with a "pencil" style of roll would be rectangle, not triangular.

>pretty sure it said 20, you can trust me bro :^)

How are those not a complete bitch to read?

The bottom, silvery ones - I have that exact set

They look like crap DESU

His typefont is awful, on all his dice.
Wood dice always look cheap, no matter what kind they are

The only OK looking things he makes are the CNC'd acrylics, but you can just buy a more legible Gamescience set for a fraction of the price.

Didn't this company have a terrible reputation for not delivering?

They look really sharp

I like these too

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Having all those bubbles makes it seem like its shitty and unreliable

Ahem. While you can subject dice to tests like floating them in salt water, testing RNGs on computers and phones is a lot harder. Programming good RNGs is hard, and even if the operating system has a good one, the application programmer can still fuck up and use it wrong.

Give me real dice any day; I just accept that they have the imperfections typical of the physical world.

It's a DCC d4.

In C#

Random d6r = new Random();
int d6 = d6r.Next(1,7);
Console.Writeline = d6.ToString;

Pretty fucking simple.

Random d6r = new Random();
int d6 = d6r.Next(1,7);
Console.WriteLine(d6)

Excuse me, I fucked that simple thing up, like a real dumbass and an example for us all.

B-but DCC doesn't use D18 or D22

Fine, be a pleb.

They actually aren't that bad. The only issue is of course 6 and 9, but they each have a large period to distinguish between them

If you even look at the d12 in the back row of the middle column, you can see the six is followed by a large period to show its true numerical value

Shit nigger I have the same ones, nice taste my boi

any excuse i get to post this is a good excuse

>Didn't this company have a terrible reputation for not delivering?
I've seen a few people say so in dice threads on Veeky Forums. That's not exactly definitive, but I have no other information to go on.

Google says yes between blogs, geek news sites, and reddit posts.

From what I've seen, the quality is nowhere near what they charge, assuming they even deliver on time and not months late.

>Transparent dice are actually more trustworthy than opaque ones
> imperfections (which can affect balance)
> less likely to exit the production line flawed

The only imperfection you are likely to see in a transparent die that you can't see in an opaque die is an internal void. Whether or not a die has a visible internal void it will often leave the production line unchallenged.

The different sizes of letters and numbers of the faces is more than enough to introduce bias of the same size as or larger than the internal voids.

Uneven shrinkage of dice as they cool in the die affects their bias.

The point where the sprue is cut affects their bias.

The polishing process that every opaque and transparent die with rounded edges goes through introduces more than enough bias that any internal void is irrelevant.

The one minor thing of being able to see internal voids doesn't count for jack considering everything else that can bias dice even assuming an unbiased roll mechanism.