Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Arachnid Power Edition
Stormbirds are huge Sub-Edition
We can find the future FW release dates in the Bible, so go to church and take in the word of the Emperor. Do it or spiders and Scorpions will take 50% of everything you own.
The old thread > R E A D . T H I S . B E F O R E . P O S T I N G

HHG FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

30k TACTICA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Horus_Heresy

Red Books Links: sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg

HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List:
mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List:
mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents):
mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub

Strawpoll links:
strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Space-Marine-Sokar-pattern-Stormbird
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Space-Marine-Sokar-pattern-Stormbird

MY FUCKING EYES.

Gimme an hour and some and I'll have White Dwarf October scans for you
Tithe was 10%

I'm not going to lie thread user, I don't like this general banner. If all the book names were in the same style it wouldn't be as bad. Also why have we decided to stop just using one banner? makes it harder to find the thread when skimming through the catalogue.

Is that the battle of prospero white dwarf?

So, who's ready for Inferno, aptly named for what this thread is going to become after it's released.

Also, BoP is dropping soon, if we pay attention to the latest rumours.

Why are you looking through the catalogue and just going
>'search ops'
>Hhg
>enter
>one result /Hhg (inside joke)
>click
Done like a bawss

Too much yellow.
It's a test.
I didn't make it, user, and as for why one user mentioned we needed some variety. Old HHG6 image will be the next general image.

No genestealer
If it was te battle of prospero desu id sell the scans to BoLS

>id sell the scans to BoLS
You have no soul m8

Honoured be Scan user and all His Living Saints.
>Too much yellow
I bet it also stings like death.

Yes

And then use the money to buy ALLL!!! The calth sets and then raffle them off in the /Hhg to raise funds for the wiki or something

Ok, you're a good soul after all then!

The wiki is in need?

I'm not scanon I'm archive user
I thought of this to give back to you guys for helping me with lists, and then realised it would help my archive build

Well websites require money to run, or is it a limited but free wiki page
I know they have the slutty ads on the side but don't know anything else about their financial situation

>And all His Living Saints
You're still a good guy in my book.

I think the 1d4 chan article can be in need of an update i suppose.
I have been considering to make a Kyr Vhalen article for some time, yet for some reason, never got around doing it

I was more thinking of new people to the thread, but I forgot to take into account it says in fuck off massive letters at the top "THE HORUS HERESY GENERAL"

Then I'll link that badass'es article to his Tactica and viceversa.

Mastodon or a Stormlord?

Do we want to be welcoming and find the gold in the dredge, or do we want only the hardcore 30k players to find us

Id the new store exclusive mini an ultramarine exclusive to help move more B@C boxes?

Tbqh bringing in more players is mostly going to add more AL, IF and IW players starting out with BaC, but every now and again you find one of them rare newfags who wants to play salamanders or white scars

So how much salt will Inferno produce?

Considering all the info we have is its limited edition and it may be venatus, your guess is as good as mine. I think it'll be a £50+ freebi

Does anyone here own Cataphractii?

Question: Does a regular Terminator Stormbolter fit on to the Cataphractii models?

Ed....Ward?

Wait until Prospero then we'll have more new players playing the MkIII legions (though I guess that still leaves a bunch of Ironfags?)

Mastolord Stormodon Colonic Irrigator
Jk, it really does depend. The Mastodon is superior as a battering ram against stuff like Primus Redoubts or other powerful "kills you on sight" Fortifications, that's that assault landcrawler's job.
The Stormlord is a moving fortress as well, and can park and eat a double ration of MEQs while still providing social interest housing for your minis.
TL;DR: one is a ram, the other is a moving fortress, which isn't exactly the same.
We want both, right?

>Does a regular Terminator Stormbolter fit on to the Cataphractii models?
Why do u ask this?

I prefer the visuals of the regular Stormbolters.

A slightly more muted yellow would work a lot better. Yellow with a slight hint of tan.

The Stormlord's Vulcan megabolter is popular, but it's more important for a transport to be survivable and the Mastodon's void shields and anti-air make it better in that regard.

What are some good head for the scout models? GW preferably as my main shop is a GW

See pic related. All 4086 square miles of it.

Though it'll depend on the army rules I suppose.

Right, I guess you could make them fit by cutting off the arm off the storm bolter and cut off the combi bolter on the Cataph arm.

Basically Infinite Salt until the next book.
Given the fan base of the legions, it is almost guaranteed to disappoint everyone especially Iron Warriors

We'll be swimming in Lake Natron.

I'm waiting for the Prospero box to start my Salamanders. Not because it's cheaper, but because I'm really hoping they've got more marines without designs on the chest. Such designs should be for sergeants only so as to really mark them out as leaders.

>marines without designs on the chest
What designs? The skull and thunderbolts?

user, the helmets are for leaders. Chest designs are for everyone.

The skull is good. Indicates he's the ranking officer. The thunderbolts I'm not a fan of.

sorry guys, a troll is currently guarding the scanner so it will either be a lot later tonight or tomorrow that i get the scans out

sorry for disappointing you father alacran

Scans of what? Whatever it is, thanks.

october white dwarf and now will of iron 00, the free comic that came with it

>will of iron 00
Oooo.

What's it about?

>tfw when forgeworld praetor armor looks like complete shit
>Pic is me on the right.

dark angels helping a radical inquistor that uses daemonhosts
who's the real heretic here

they steal our terminators and then they have the nerve to steal our masks
GOSH the nerve

That's what I did. I always liked the twin-magazine look in old art, so wanted to replicate that on my terminators. Also, it's the only storm/combi-bolter models I know that uses .75 caliber bolts outside of Chaos.

Or get any of the terminator storm bolters that got the hand attached to them but not the arm, like DA ones, for example.

I know we joke about the Dark Angels doing dark shit to catch the fallen but now they're making them into straight on Chaos Marines.

I wonder if that has to do with the 8th edition rumors

Hopefully it's the guy they're working together to burn to death. It'd be really awkward if that wasn't the case.

Some fucked up shit ain't it?

Pharos was a disappointing book.

It started off really weak, then picked up and ended on a low note....

Dantioch's bit was great, but the Night Lords seemed like complete and utter retards.

A lot of the Heresy books suffer because they have to match up with 40k lore; so you've got the stupidest deus exes pulled off

>have to match up with 40k lore

Why? I mean, ok, you can't have Ultras going traitor and WE being totes loyal, but that's just adhering to 30k lore. Who does anything in 30k have to have anything to do with 40k? There's 10,000 years in between the two, a lot of shit can and did happen during that time. 30k fluff doesn't have to be directly tied to 40k, that's just being lazy.

And they can't even adhere to that, they just go and retcon everything and then Goldie screams at you for being a massive cunt for not liking it.

Going to read Angels of Caliban and Praetorian of Dorn next.

I just can't get past some of this stuff though, and it's not even stuff that's forced in by the 40k status quo. Shit like every ultramarine killing 5-10 night lords on their own.

Or in the beginning where 60 night lords ambush 6 ultramarines in an open area in a dark room, and the ultramarines kill a shitload of them and still get away. How does that make any fucking sense to a guy who's supposedly been playing warhammer for over 20 years?

They rolled a lot of 1s

mathhammer and rule of cool
or they were actually omegon legion trying to give the night lords bad press

It wasn't even that cool though, it was the opening scene almost. Completely kills any sense of anticipation for the rest of the book because you know the night lords are such absolute shit aims. And it's even worse when 6-7 humans manage to kill a dozen night lords later on in an ambush.

Well; I mean shit like the Pharos and primarch fights almost always ending in both of them surviving
Angels of Caliban is surprisingly good; while Praetorian of Dorn has a strong 2/3rd but then it unravels by the end because French wanted to pull a TWEEST

So how are they going to explain Horus managing to get through the Solar System's defenses; The Imperial Fists', Blood Angels' and White Scars' fleets; the giant death star that is the Moon and all those defense stations that ring Terra without losing 9/10ths of his force? What asspull are they going to make up now

all traitor legions present, DA, SW UM not there

basically pertuabo is the breaker of boxes, dorn's boxes are no exception

There's plenty of possible plot devices they could use like warp-fuckery and xeno-tech,

*reduced traitor legions.

Word Bearers were a third of their original number by Terra; I assume the rest were barely better.

And no matter how talented Perturabo is; that's still an insane of firepower they have to tank and Dorn's had a decade or so to get ready

they were less but theyre full daemon by now

Simply put there are more traitor legions than loyal ones.

Plot armor? what fucking else?

The reason they're not in the same style is because they were scanned at different times, and with different settings. Mainly because the scan machine broke after Tempest and has never been the same since.

You can be as daemon as you want; that's not stopping those mountain sized shells the Kuiper's belt lobbing at you
That literally doesn't even approach the question; and I wonder if you understood it.

It doesn't matter if they outnumber them 1:3; the old adage that a man on the walls is worth ten beneath them is correct; especially if they have to smash through 4 planets; dozens of moons and an asteroid belt or two to get there

>ending in both of them surviving

And that's shitty writing. By that I mean, they shouldn't change facts, but why are they focusing on events that didn't really lead into anything, rather than the interesting bits that have some effects? Isn't that like storytelling 101? Ask yourself if this is the most interesting thing to tell about the character and if not, why are you telling it?

Again, the point I've always made and continue to make, they should have put nobodies in the focus. Primarchs clashing and surviving is just the backdrop to the more personal story of someone serving under one of the primarchs and their views and experiences about it. That way you can craft stories that adhere to the history but can do their own thing independent of it, and you don't have to listen to all the autism and daddy issues.

Horus had sizable forces that where empowered by the Chaos Gods. They use the warps influence pretty much all throughout the Heresy, it goes so far that during the Hersey Argel Tal becomes responsible for breaking the geller field that allowed the Chaos gods to disperse the Primarchs across the galaxy.

Perturabo has the cannons he scammed from the Lion.

What don't you understand?

>Argel Tal becomes responsible for breaking the geller field that allowed the Chaos gods to disperse the Primarchs across the galaxy.

What the fuck are the authors even fucking doing?

I agree with this; but Primarch fights always make idiots give up their money
Haven't you people ever heard of visions? It didn't happen; just like Horus wasn't transported either
Oh; you mean all 7 of them? Pray tell; how is he going to use them in deep space? And do you think the loyalists have been sitting on their asses the entire time

That's old news though, its in the First Heretic.

Is it? I haven't heard of visions.

>Primarch fights always make idiots give up their money

And they deserve all that they get.

It is indeed a vision; I don't know how people understood that Argel Tal and his brothers were travelling through time.

All this proves to me is that the IQ of this general is steadily going downwards

Pert already smashed the space defenses.

Did you not read path of heaven?

The traitor legions have had more systems from which to get replacements. The Death Guard and Sons of Horus fleets are in good shape. The Iron Warriors fleet has suffered, but they were large to begin with. The other traitor legions have suffered heavy losses, but the Word Bearers should still have an Abyss-class ship, right?

On the loyalist side, the Imperial Fists will have a strong fleet with several years' worth of reinforcements from the Segmentum Solar, but the White Scars, Blood Angels, and Space Wolves fleets will probably be at 30-40% strength.

We can assume the Alpha Legion incursion did some damage to Pluto's defenses, and they may have sabotaged some other stuff.

Before reaching the Solar System, the Traitor fleet will take Anvillus, a major forge world. In old fluff it's mostly known for its Land Raider production, but it should have some effect on their naval disposition. Don't forget Mars - it's blockaded, but it's traitor-held. The Dark Mechanicum could have something up its sleeves. Oh, and the deamonic trickery in space that the Blood Angels experienced at Signus could be performed in the Solar System too.

Don't worry man.
Heh, you should see UM Eagleman on book 5. I lost count of how many Eagles, laurels and omegas he has.
>Word Bearers were a third of their original number by Terra; I assume the rest were barely better.
I remember HH6 saying that the number of traitors going steadily down since Istvaan is a misconception.

>especially if they have to smash through 4 planets; dozens of moons and an asteroid belt or two to get there
Couldn't they just approach from above or below the orbital plane?

Oh, I thought you where referring to other source material. That didn't happen in a "Vision", it's expressed clearly that Argel Tal was moving within the geneworks of terra, as soon as he broke the geller field he felt the Emperor become aware of him.

Well yes, but BL can't into science. Everything has to be on a flat surface. Why did the Alphas hit Pluto in Praetorian when they could have easily slid right past it?

Also, Pert is the Decimator Prime, breaker of any and all defenses. Except the Imperial Palace, and that was a matter of time, which they didn't have.

>Why did the Alphas hit Pluto in Praetorian when they could have easily slid right past it?
Because the plan was to bring Dorn to Pluto so Alpharius could sit down and have a heart-to-heart with him.

Why do I get the feeling that english isn't your native language?

He destroyed other worlds' defenses; but not Terra's.
Mars was blockaded in the old fluff but in the new one it gets taken down by a joint IF and Heretek AI offense
BL retardation
Yes; I was referring to other source material. Literally the same shit happens back in False Gods when Horus trips out on Davin and he even smashes XI's pod

because their primarch is vain

front page done

Probably because you're getting really defensive about not understanding something very obvious.

Why are you so perturbed?

>Thunderhawk equipped with a heavy laser cannon, missiles, and smaller weapons stations
>Stormbird just has some missiles and smaller weapons stations

Why did FW make it so underarmed when it was bigger? In 40k bigger usually always means "more heavily armed"

You know, if you can scan the next white Dwarf with all the HH stuff in it, then you can be given the title of 'mini-scanon'.

The demon sword plot introduced in Fulgrim still bugs me. It's just so bad.

No; the other guys are making good points; you just sound like a retard

>better cover my ass

It's a transport, not a gunship.

More internal space given over to transport capacity, hence less space to put weapon reactors for big guns.

It's just the truth pal

How so?

You sound like the retard.

Nothing to contribute.