Halo Tabletops General

Flying High edition

The Pelicans are started shipping today

FYI: SG has 30% off discount thing going on

Halo lore:

torrentproject.se/ba564b83fa8db247297a275c5aa23e08daa80a61/Halo-Books-torrent.html

Other urls found in this thread:

myemail.constantcontact.com/30--off-Selected-Fleet-Battles-Products-.html?soid=1103441312609&aid=Motqf_qYuik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FAQ:

>Halo tabletops?

Yeah based on the video games. There are 2 Halo: Fleet Battles, 1:20,000 space battles game, which is currently being reworked and is slated to comeback on January and Halo: Ground Command, a 15mm wargame, which uses the Halo: Reach models. They are made by Spartan Games

>Spartan Games? Aren't those guys that constantly move from one new game to another one?

Yeah, thankfully MS/343 has then on a 3 year contract at least for ground command, which requires then to constantly pump out ground command models, with terrain, Ghosts variants, and Warthog variants already out, Pelicans shipping this week and Phantoms shipping in 3 weeks.

Scorpion with variants as well as wraiths with variants have also been announced for next month, more Elites variants like Ultras (which were already ready but were changed at last minute to be zealots instead), Jackals, and be variants of Hunters, as well as ODSTs (with a Jetpack variant coming out first), snipers (same deal with than the Ultras) and marines should soon follow.

Furthermore by February Halo wars 2 units have already been announced (the Jackrabbit from the beta) and the Banished have been confirmed to be a new third faction, with Prometheans also hinted at.

Even further beyond, the Scarab should be coming by July, and there is also a whole bunch of other units that are coming, like the SkyHawk, which are coming and we just don't know when.

In short, they seem to have a rather pack schedule.

>But I heard there are delays?

There were delays on the initial box set because of the unprecedented demand, and the Pelican (and by extension the Phantom) suffered delays because of last minute changes by MS, but box sets have been delivered and Pelicans ship this week, with Phantoms following 3 weeks later.

>Ok, but what sets it apart from other games?

Besides the fact that it is placed in the Halo universe? And that it is 15mm? Well there is this neat mechanic called reaction which allows you the chance to react to movements that you opponent makes as they happen, and it also works with fleet battles in that you can play out a boarding phase as mini game of ground command, and the models themselves are pretty detailed, it is also cheaper than WH40K

More of a Fleet Battles guy myself

Hey user would you be willing to scan the rules book?

>Fleet Battles, 1:20,000 space battles game, which is currently being reworked and is slated to comeback on January

Explain, do you mean it's being relaunched, or new edition or something? What did spartan do that needed to be reworked?

Op, you're the only one who gives a shit about this crappy game. Stop shitting up the board and put it in the/awg/ thread, if you're that desperate to try and talk about it.

OP is a fag and would rather sit on his own bumping the thread for two days straight than join the awg thread.

Delays were because half their staff quit. Spartan a shit.

New edition, they ate working on the boarding and wing phases it seems.

>Yeah, thankfully MS/343 has then on a 3 year contract at least for ground command, which requires then to constantly pump out ground command models

Just like Halo Fleet Battles, currently already ignored for Ground Combat like Dystopian wars, Firestorm and every other game? Don't kid yourself, spartan will never support any of their games properly.

Why does Fleet Battles need a rewrite? Does this mean I should hold off on buying shit till that's done?

Integrating it with ground command, making wing phases more powerful, making some ship classes more powerful etc.

There is a 30% discount which means you can grab the starter set for cheap, but other wise I would hold off.

I'm going to wait to see where this goes before I buy anything. But might end up buying for the minitures anyway.

Not him but sweet, I am definitely picking up the starter at least. Halo has some of my favorite space combat and the rules look very tight

Here is the link for the discount, it will come off at the end:

myemail.constantcontact.com/30--off-Selected-Fleet-Battles-Products-.html?soid=1103441312609&aid=Motqf_qYuik

If you want to ground command its good to go and the Pelicans are already shipping if you want them.

They have already slated a return window, it is coming back.