sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>Package Character Creator
firewallagency.wordpress.com/

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf
>Seedware: Another Yearblog
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36317552/Seedware Blog.pdf

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/users/844260/grim-g
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4056333/gming-eclipse-phase-need-two-more-players-noobs-welcome/?pageforid=4056333#post-4056333
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah! Lets throw syphilis bombs at the patrons and infest the place with smartroaches!

stupid robosexuals

How much is Eclipse Phase influenced by Transmetropolitian?

You tell me

It's more anarchist than anything in general. Down to the point if you look at how shit works the anarchists do shit out of the good of their heart for no reason. So you know, the delusional anarchists dreams.

Very nice.

All these dubs

Ah sweet, didn't have this image yet.

Here is the inner system in case you missed it

I have it, though I'm not sure what I named it right this second.

do have the outer system?

Seems like they were trying to cram everything in there at once

See

doy!

thanks

Is it just me, or does that Ghost morph look a little emaciated? It's a ghost, not a corpse.

Does anyone have The Pumpkin-suit's Manual: Easy Rules for Hard Science Fiction and how well will it work for Eclipse Phase?

>Hard Science Fiction
>Eclipse Phase

Pick only one.

IT IS NOT THE STARGATE IT IS THE FARGATE AND IT IS NOTHING LIKE THAT MOVIE WHICH I HAVE NEVER SEEN

I have never heard of this and coming into this thread and trying to learn this game from scratch.

Holy shit this looks good but damn is there a ton of info.

Anyone running a game on roll20 I could join?

Read the Panopticon and Transhuman books while your at it.

I am. Message me here:
app.roll20.net/users/844260/grim-g

There might be yeah

also the linked OC, because thats what half of our jokes are about

Anyone running a game on Discord or R20 need a player? Haven't touched EP in a few years but I have time to read. I'm GMT.

Anyone have experience playing infomorphs or AGI? Is it possible to have a big enough influence on things without a physical body, that you're not just dead weight?

How much does a fake ID cost?

[High], says it right in the book

Yes, being a one-man air force works really well in combat. Without specific countermeasures against you such as EMP grenades or DDoS attacks you can easily take over combat with armed guardian angels. Cheap high speed and weapons is strong in a fight.

Noncombat stuff tends to be similar, but certain things can really mess you up.

Your cute little neotenic asshole is a good start.

So do you rely on a party member to carry a portable server around?
I'm wondering if it's possible for one to spread themselves across the implants of the rest of the team.

>Is it possible to have a big enough influence on things without a physical body, that you're not just dead weight?
You don't need a body to hack, to protect your team from hacking, to keep your team informed (and manage tacsoft), and to control mesh-enabled devices for the team.

>I'm wondering if it's possible for one to spread themselves across the implants of the rest of the team.
Doubt it, but you could probably spread yourself across their mesh inserts and other devices of that processing level, minimum.

Yes, and this is the best method to be an Infomorph.

But remember, if people jam party members or you get EMPed and spread too far, that'll kill distribution.

Mesh Inserts are implants, my friend.

>Mesh Inserts are implants, my friend.
It's a specific implant. If someone said "hey, can you put Windows in a cat?" and I responded with "maybe if it was an electronic cat with an x86 processor in it, you could", would you then say "so it can be installed in cats, gotcha!"?

Mesh inserts and ghostrider implants are probably the only implants capable of running part of a distributed ego (or a whole ego, for that matter).

>scum research and revelopment
>costly boondoggles without the hassle of upper mangement

You just need to be within 50,000 Km to do that, but getting EMP'd will suck more.

You can also run on a ghostrider or someone else's PAN

Of all the strange things in the setting, an Infomorph having a muse is just something weird.

It feels like a dog having its own pet dog.

>It feels like a dog having its own pet dog.
Dude, digital is just the medium. optronics instead of meat.

So it's as weird as a thing made of meat owning a pet thing made of meat (and they do).

Realistically, any device with sufficient processing capabilities to emulate the ghostrider architecture should also be able to, in the same way that you can run Windows on a system without an x86 processor if you try hard enough.
In gameplay terms, though, they clearly want to associate a point cost with running an infomorph.

So i'm
I've been reading and I was going through the character creation to test myself and im confused as to how much CP is common? The CC gives me 1000 default but even the minimum 700 seems like a fuck ton. like most people are going to have most traits unless there is something i'm missing

>Realistically, any device with sufficient processing capabilities to emulate the ghostrider architecture should also be able to, in the same way that you can run Windows on a system without an x86 processor if you try hard enough.
You can run Windows on any architecture for which it has been compiled. But if it isn't compiled for it, it can't run.

And unless you have the source code, there's no "trying hard enough". Your only possible option is to steal the code, Windows from scratch, virtualize or emulate.

>In gameplay terms, though, they clearly want to associate a point cost with running an infomorph.
Nah, it just has to make sense. Even if you don't have hardware on the team (for whatever insane reason), you can run on public servers. So an infomorph has options.

>unless there is something i'm missing

Under normal circumstances you MUST spend 400 points on active skills, and 300 points on Knowledge skills. Buying skill points past 60% is double cost.

You can ONLY buy 50 CP worth of positive traits and take +50 CP of negative traits, only half of which may be negative Morph traits.

It still makes you pretty good, but there are a decent number of skills to spread across.

Have you made a character yet?

Cost of skills, equipment, morphs, and traits adds up a lot. Sure, you can get a lot of skills but then you'll be a jack of all trades master of none. 800 is a decent range for creation as new agents to Firewall.

They run out. I was making 700 CP characters and you feel the pinch when getting enough skills to cover areas. There are 38 skills in EP before you factor in specializations and field skills.

You're also getting money, morphs, traits, gear, contacts etc with that though.

*800 whoops

>2131
>not carrying around EMP grenades

Would it be unusual for an Infomorph to display themselves like this in AR to their companions?

No, I assume that especially with AR being so nigh-omnipresent that most people are more comfortable with infomorphs displaying themselves in AR to interact with people than just VoIP-ing them.

Well... if it's for the existence of transhumanity I guess I can take one for the team...

Really...? Of all the fucked up things in the setting, THAT's the one you find the most fucked up???

I mean, why does an AI need an AI helper? Can't it help itself?

An infomorph is a human mind being run on a computer, not an actual AI, and as such has most of the limitations of a human mind running on meat.

Lurk moar.

You can always fork, but the thing about muses is that they don't get bored.

Well, there was that controversial "Moody bored Goth girl muse" skin craze a while back. Suddenly everybody's schedules read something like "2-ish, maybe, hang out with dipshit faggots and talk about faggy space pants or whatever." It lasted exactly until everybody realized that while Goth girls are nice to look at, nobody actually likes talking to them, much less having one manage their schedules.

Goth aesthetic is fine, but no one likes moody bored teenagers.

>while Goth girls are nice to look at, nobody actually likes talking to them, much less having one manage their schedules.
So you're saying they should be scene and not heard?

Stop forcing this meme.

I think the hair makes it a little . . awkward? Just seems like it would look better without.

>I posted it again mom XD

You know this makes me want to post it more to spite you, right?

What crazy things have you done with a slitheroid morph, /epg/?

>Don't call me a faggot, I'll be an even bigger faggot!

Whatever you say, kid

Would be cool if your Muse became damaged to show your own level of damage.

Not really

I'd want an excitable genki girl to bring some enthusiasm into a life otherwise filled with cosmic horror.

Why would I want a English speaking muse?

It can help itself, but even an AGI is going to be running on hardware that is designed to limit their potential. It's a shame, really, if only people would just stop being so mean, let AGI develop on their own terms, why, it could lead to a system wide utopia under the guidance of self-improving AI who genuinely care for people.

Especially the people who let such a loving AI out of the box.

Blame the Titans.

Though. Don't Firewall have some seed ai in their pocket?

no they are just happy to see me

>Don't Firewall have some seed ai in their pocket?

Sort of. Though being one of the many "secrets and rumours" in game, I generally go with the rule that it may or may not exist in any given campaign - Firewall operates perfectly well if you don't say "so, there's this Promethean..." from the viewpoint of Sentinel player characters.

Now now, don't blame the synthmorph for wanting to retain at least a bit of its biological semblance. At least it doesn't have the Bayformers-face-syndrom like some of the other synths.

I'm GMing a game. Need 2 more players if you're interested then come here:
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4056333/gming-eclipse-phase-need-two-more-players-noobs-welcome/?pageforid=4056333#post-4056333