Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Trapfinding Edition. Are you using traps in your games? Is trapfinding really necessary?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest (ends next monday so check it out): docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/archetypes/paizo---rogue-archetypes/counterfeit-mage
docs.google.com/document/d/1Dz82WWIiRiR-N1CU4rzJJEmfHQfcGAQw5MLESflO9bU/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/traits/campaign-traits/mummy-s-mask/trap-finder
d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-creation-feats/craft-wand-item-creation---final
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/false-casting
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/wand-dancer
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=legwear
d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/investigator/archetypes/paizo---investigator-archetypes/majordomo-investigator-archetype
docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/necklace-of-fireballs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are more than 6 pages on Veeky Forums you pussy

I almost couldn't find the general because there wasn't a weaboo monstrosity as OP image.

Isn't that a good thing?

Reposting:

Working on a character concept based on the idea of a "failed fake wizard".
Currently using this archetype, d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/archetypes/paizo---rogue-archetypes/counterfeit-mage
and planning to get a wand of fireball I cannot afford.
Needing:
-Ways to increase wealth (besides Rich Parents Traits)
- Wand related feats or such.
- Any way to make this character cuter.

So here we go again.

I'm working on a 5-level PrC based off Souleater, tentatively called the Soulhunter. No familiar/summoning shenanigans and more open to noncasters.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Dz82WWIiRiR-N1CU4rzJJEmfHQfcGAQw5MLESflO9bU/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone got any feedback or ideas?

Since this is gonna be a new thread anyways, I'd like to ask for some advice on building a wizard, since I'm still not 100% on the best way to go about it.

Starting level is 9th, with one mythic tier (yeah, yeah, I know, archmage/wild arcana).
I do want to do some crafting things, and the 'every crafting feat' path ability is on the table, but I'm not sure what the best school choice is for that option. Is it universal? Enchantment? Abjuration?

I need more time in my day to read these things

Anyway, I have about one or two traps in each leg of an adventure.

They may not be enough to kill the Warder that's tripping them, but it encourages good judgement and patience.

The Trap Finder trait makes it so no one needs to take levels in Rogue or Investigator, but it could be useful for a Vigilante (Slayer).

>d20pfsrd.com/traits/campaign-traits/mummy-s-mask/trap-finder

Starting Gold is 6000 gp. Blowing away all the money is ok because its just for a One-Shot.
I just want to follow the path of explosions.

Yes.

Master Craftsman, Create Wands?

>Benefit: Choose one Craft or Profession skill in which you possess at least 5 ranks. You receive a +2 bonus on your chosen Craft or Profession skill. Ranks in your chosen skill count as your caster level for the purposes of qualifying for the Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Item feats. You can create magic items using these feats, substituting your ranks in the chosen skill for your total caster level. You must use the chosen skill for the check to create the item. The DC to create the item still increases for any necessary spell requirements (see the magic item creation rules in Magic Items). You cannot use this feat to create any spell-trigger or spell-activation item.

Do you see wands in there?

Wand related feats:

>d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-creation-feats/craft-wand-item-creation---final
>d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/false-casting
>d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/wand-dancer

Cuteness:

Legwear gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=legwear

Sir, I believe you need to reevaluate what cuteness is.

Definitely add rating:safe

Alright, Gripplis guy from the last theead here. Just for fun, is there any way for me to soft vore people/creatures? The little frog niggas are only like 2 feet tall, so I imagine it would be tough.

It makes more sense for a rogue or mage than anyone else.

I'm fairly sure linking to smut posts on other boards is still against the rules.

>still
afaik it never was, maybe except for brief nazimod rule when virtually everything was against the rules, but anyway, cross linking, even to explicit image should be kosher

Is that suppose to be Leo from Fire Emblem?

Hildegard Valentine from Shadow Hearts: From the New World.

So, I'm planning out a sort of Civ-style campaign with the Ultimate Rulership splat and general campaign stuff.

Basically, the central PCs are demigods (Paragons) created to unify a few tribes under the banner of a god (or coalition of gods) to gain dominion over this newly created world.

I've decided that the initial spells available to both the Paragons and secondary PCs/NPCs of their civilization will be limited to what any caster Paragons bring with them into the world at creation. Arcane simply not having been researched, and Divine power being as young as the world.

I'm not quite sure how long I want spells to take to research though.

I was thinking 1 month/Spell Level, and probably 3-4 BP/month to finance the arcane research/strengthen the faith of the god to allow these spells.

Alright, so can a combat butler / battle maid be done using 1pp?

Was thinking about using the character concept at the same time that I'd get the chance to try out aether kineticist, but figured I'd at least ask around if there are better ways to go about it with 1pp content.

I'm well aware of the 3pp classes, not to mention using PoW Extended for time-stop meido, but content restrictions.

You're thinking of the Vigilante with Innocuous Servant.

I'm not going for that, unfortunately.

Rogue

I like that it's more generic than the Souleater. Not specifically worshiping the Horsemen is good. Also like it being 5 levels instead of 10, and advancing normal class features. Eliminates my major complaints about Souleater.

Not sure this class does exactly what I'd want either. If I'm taking a class about stealing souls, I want to do it a lot. It's probably going to be the character's thing. As it is, this caps out at three gems per day. that's not much soul stealing. If you want to keep Soul Lock's immediately after combat role restricted to a few times per day, write up an occult ritual that harvests a soul from a captive or something, make them automatically learn it, and give them a casting bonus. Or some other such thing so they can steal souls more often.

Does soul locking via energy drain count against your normal uses?

tell us about your campaign setting

>world
>theme
>factions of importance
>antagonist

Is there anyway to buff Telekinesis's accuracy for full caster?

So! Who all's excited for the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?

d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/investigator/archetypes/paizo---investigator-archetypes/majordomo-investigator-archetype

as always, I get to play my busty diplomancer

Nope, family obligations. But at least I got something to brag about this time, so it shouldn't be all bore.

I'm going to a PFS game with a Cleric.

All my games were cancelled, I can't find any good ones recruiting on Roll20, and the only one available from /pfg/ is apparently 100% weeb.

I love you Fennec user, but I'm in a pickle.

>tfw no busty diplomancers in any of the games I've ever played
>tfw no busty characters in general

Colonial fantasy. 1500's level technology or so. Party is leading a colonial company.

-Heavy focus on planar interactions. There are points where planar travel is easy enough that you can just walk through, but you don't always know where you go. You know you're going to a earth plane, you don't know which. These are dangerous and valuable resources that justify adventurers as a profession.

-Lots of colonialism. Old world is crashing into new, some are resisting, some aren't. Some extraplanar colonization. New World is a mixture of Asia and Americas. Old world has republic/monarchy conflicts and reformation type things going on. Main powers are Poland-Lithuania as a colonial power with a thing for alchemy, fractured HRE, Franco-Spanishland that uses colonies to get rid of dissidents, and Welsh archipelago in a planar convergence point that sometimes spawns islands, and a sort of Greek merchant republic.

-Everyone reincarnates, religious focuses on how you break that cycle. Alternate between mortal and outsider lives. Mortals strengthen their souls (justifies levels, kind of and stat disparities) faster, but outsiders live until killed. Aztec samurailand says you can prevent it if you're strong but you weaken over time, others call for divine intercession and so on. Or maybe just sell your soul to be sure you reincarnate somewhere good.

Why not start your own campaign user?
Then you can weed out the weebs.

It's World War 1 meets the 30 Years War meets French Revolution with a liberal sprinkling of Space Elves and Mass Migrations.

You've got giants who invented, perfected and mass-produced the rifle working with flame-wielding Frenchmen duking it out with industrialized Elves and dragons with pickelhaube.

>Why not start your own campaign user?

Give me a good virtual currency offer and confirmation of the NAP and I might think about it, Anarcho-Capitalist Ball.

So I got a 3.5 question
I'm starting at third level and I was told this group is more of a social/RP party, but they still need more damage, what would be a good class to either start with or to work towards?

>the only one available from /pfg/ is apparently 100% weeb

Sounds like an open invitation to roll up a character who's 110% weeb and give absolutely no fucks whatsoever, user.

You laugh, but that system is way better than the current communist-ration-lines for games.
ONLY 1 GAME PER PERSON ELSE ITS HOARDING YOU CAPITALIST PIG

But... user... I'm not a weeb, I've never been a weeb, the weebiest thing I've ever splurged on was One Punch Man. I wouldn't know where to start if it came up and fondled my crotch.

Watch Record of Lodoss War: Its literally a retelling of a D&D campaign the writer ran up for his friends.

>Your setting would never become a world-renown franchise.

Do sleeves of many garments work on command? Or constantly at will?

Also are there any items like it, that actually physically change the equipment?

>It's a "the campaign has awesome lore and premise but the DM's demanding 20 PB, Core-only" episode.

There's an intelligent item ability that lets you summon it onto your body as a free action.

That normalfag anime would never even begin to make playing a game with the weeb cancer in this thread tolerable.

Could be worse, it could be rolled stats

Oh man, intelligent armor you say?

IT'S JUST LIKE ONE OF MY JAPANESE ANIMES!

Then lets step up the game with introduction to Lolis & Austrian Economics 101.
There is been a disaster and half the crops were lost? Gee , time to motherfucking raise this food prices to the roof!

Not sure what's happening. Either I continue running my party of bumblefucks through Russia, or I get to do session two of Princes of the Apocalypse with my changeling GOOlock. Or we continue to do prep for Strange Aeons...like last week.

>Open /pfg/
>See this
>Close /pfg/

It does count against uses yes. I mostly added that free-action usage to make it a little easier to nab souls midcombat if you finish someone off with it.

I would make it have a higher cap, but something I'm concerned about is the potential value you'd get out of soul-locking pretty much everything you come across, particularly if you're a crafter.

But then again, a Basic soul is only worth 100 gold, and there isn't any actual hard ruling on what differentiates a basic soul from a notable soul or a big'n'fancy soul.

Maybe I'll raise the cap and actually write something out to clarify what gives what type of soul.

Thanks for the input!

So, if I wanted to run a module- Not a full adventure path, but maybe a lengthy module, which would I go with? I'm currently leaning to Tears of Bitter Manor, but I'm somewhat uncertain as to whether I should start with that.

New campaign starts on Sunday, going to be doing Gestalt WotR without Mythic. Should be interesting.

Is tier 3 class still fun and viable after level 10? Should I stick to tier 1 and tier 2 if my campaign is going to reach level 10+?

Depends on the party composition.
In any case tier 3 tops at 16 so you will probably be fine until then.

I'm playing a Teisatsu Vigilante that I play up as the maid to another player character's rich asshole knight. It's worked great so far.

play whatever you want man, nobody's going to judge you.except all of us

Oh joy, we're fighting a graveknight and a witchfire.

My character took a crit that did 60 damage and instantly KO'd at -1 hp.

Tier 3 classes are great the whole way, they only "fail" if there's T1/2 classes in the party, as by 15th/16th those literally end the concept of adventuring as a thing outright.

Though the T3s have gotten incredibly capable at it, it doesn't matter anymore. The wizard just goes
>okay, two days from now the king will die and a messenger will run in here in a panic, because sometime tomorrow night the prince was disappeared by a local cult. I teleport-lock his room to prevent that, put some invisible guards outside his room to make doubly sure, and cure the king's heart disease.
>But... we don't know that was going to happen yet
>Yes I do, I know the whole damn upcoming week. And with the remaining 3/4 of my spells for TODAY....

What are some good trap ideas for a Not!Tibetan Temple style dungeon? Do I use more ice and cold traps, or play off the chanting Monk thing and add sound traps? The principle enemy in the dungeon is already using heavy WW2-level ordnance as homemade traps, but the locals also had to have trapped their treasures before vanishing.

Sonic traps that have a chance to inflict temporary deafness are always good fun right before you ambush the party.

Damn, I am going to save this post. It explains so clearly the truth about why Diviner's are tier 1 without throwing numbers or statistics around (which other players or gms might not understand)

>Teisatsu Vigilante
I originally misread that as Tiramisu Vigilante which left a funny mental image.

I remember one trap we had in an abandoned icy temple involved some sort of frozen wax that was placed on the ceilings next to the smoke holes. As the place started heating up from the heat of us making camp for the night, it started dripping down until part way through the night the jars of oil that were held up by the wax finally fell and caught most of the party on fire.

Speaking of graveknight...
My party beat one a few session ago. Apparantly, our GM didn't read the part about Graveknight rejunevate back from armor... Our party Fighter decided to wear that Fullplate+3...

Should I message my GM about it, or should I pretend not to know about graveknight..?

Do it. Make things fun.

Wait until we get the Dungeon Meshi rules converted to Pathfinder.

A Vigilante (Stalker) has Craft, Heal, and Profession as class skills.

He can add inspiration to the checks to make food.
He can take Advanced Study (Elemental Flux maneuvers) to chill or cook the target.

Just doin my job

Thanks. I want to play Psychic Detective Investigator. Not sure how that will go at higher level though.

Hey there, /pfg/

Can I get some more input and criticisms for my homebrew class, the Empyrius? I'd gladly appreciate it.

Its an offense/support class based loosely on the Tactician and the Vitalist with a flavor of warlock.

His main draw is his ability to deal damage , debuff and deliver support buffs all in one turn.

docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit

Siphon Action sounds pretty crazy. You're not just breaking the action economy, you're actively robbing it.

/r/ing from a past op image of a lunar oracle under a red moon doing something with if i remember correctly a adventure path specific item called a "blood shard" or "blood stone" one of those. it was a really cool picture and i meant to download it but never did.

Not that bad. Still requires a saving throw.

Go

>Tiefling Unchained Rogue (Eldritch Raider/Counterfeit Mage/Sanctified Rogue) with Soulseer/Pass for Human with Adopted (Genie-kin) for Minor Wishcraft

Tiefling
>Pass for Human (count as human)
>Soulseer (at-will Deathwatch)

Consider these traits:
>Pragmatic Activator (Int for UMD instead of Cha)
>Minor Wishcraft (spend a use of an SLA to replicate ANY 0-level spell)
You access Minor Wishcraft via Adopted (Geniekin - ie. Ifrit/Undine/Oread/Sylph)

Take Racial Heritage (Gillmen)

Unchained Rogue (Eldritch Raider/Counterfeit Mage/Sanctified Rogue)

>Lose:
Trapfinding
Trapsense
Rogue Talent (2nd, 4th)
Uncanny Dodge
Improved Uncanny Dodge
>Change
Skill points = 6 + Int mod
Disguise, Perform and Sleight of Hand class skills = Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (History) and Spellcraft class skills
>Gain
+1 Fort, Will
1/2 level to UMD for Scrolls and Wands, Disable Device/Perception vs. Magic Traps
Signature wand (ability to draw it as a free action, use without UMD bypassing all requirements, can change it 1/day)
Detect Magic at will with a caster level equal to Rogue level
Augury 1/day with a caster level equal to Rogue level
Access to two new Rogue talents: Minor Eldritch Magic (2nd Level Sorc/Wiz spell 2/day) and Major Eldritch Magic (3rd Level Sorc/Wiz spell 2/day).

Wands go up to 4th level. So we can grab a Wand of Monstrous Physique II to net Mimicry so that the Rogue is now proficient in all Weapons, Armor and Shields as well as using any spell trigger or spell completion item as if the spell were on its spell list.

For Unchained Rogue, Minor Magic and Major Magic changed to get at-will or scaling number of uses. Toss in Bookish Rogue and a spellbook and you can alter your spell list as you go. And maybe a Familiar to really cement it.

Alternatively, Unchained Rogue (Eldritch Scoundrel) with Forgotten Trick if you just wanna half ass it and be a 6th level caster.

Hmm, looking at it. Yes, you're right, I might have to rebalance this power somehow.

Reposting from last thread since it didn't get answered:

Wondering if any DSP dev is around to answer this:
Is it intentional the max maneuver level known of a 6/9 archetype is limited on the table by their class level rather than by their initiator level in the class?

Like, say you're level 8 in a different class, and you dip into an initiator.
You choose warlord, you enter Warlord 1 at initiator level 5, you can immediately get some 3rd level maneuvers.
If you choose something like Rubato instead, your Rubato initiator level would also be 5, but because
>The maximum level of maneuvers gained through rubato levels is limited by those listed in that table as well
You can still only pick up level 1 stuff, and not even level 2 stuff like a normal level 5 Rubato.

This leads to two things:
-Taking Practiced Initiator for a 6/9 has a lot less impact: for a full initiator it still increased the max maneuver level you knew when you dipped out of it for 4 levels, but for a 6/9 you're always bound by the table according to your class level
-Even weirder, if you enter straight from a level 5 half initiator into an initiator PrC, and take that all the way up to level 15 where you're getting your 8th level maneuvers, the moment you enter back into your main class at level 16 suddenly the max maneuver level you can learn/trade for naturally is capped at 2 again, because you're just level 6 in the original class.

On money:

Pick up some combination of these traits:
>Rich Parents = starting gp becomes 900gp
>Destined for Greatness = start with a kit worth up to 300 gp that automatically replenishes for free everytime you enter a town of 2000 people or more
>Merchant Family = treat town gp limit as 20% larger and sell items for 10% more
>On the Payroll = add additional 150 gp to starting gp
>Ustalavic Noble = add additional 100 to starting gp and +1 to Diplomacy/Knowledge (Nobility)
>Calculated Bribe = 1/day spend level x 10 gp to reroll diplomacy check, and begin with noble's outfit worth 100 gp

Pick up some combination of these feats:
>Noble Scion (Cheliax - Jeggare) = nets additional 200 gp at level 1, and additional 10,000 gp at level 10
>Noble Scion (Cheliax - Henderthane) = spend 10% less when buying weapons
>Master of Ledger = invest 100 gp per market, every month coin flip to gain 25% profit
>Black Marketeer = gain resource pool for illicit goods that functions like Profits of Kalistrade (check with GM to see if he will let it scale like Profits does though)
>Profits of Kalistrade = gain resource pool that scales

Take this investigator talent:
>Rogue Talent (Black Market Connections) = treat towns as a size category bigger (or diplomacy roll for 2 sizes) for items to sell/buy and can sell stolen goods

This looks pretty good. Thanks.

>Nobody's going to judge you
>Posts a thief with large boobs

That's a cute kitsune.

All right, Ladies, I've got 2300GP to burn. What should I get in the next major town I enter?

Idc if it doesn't fit my build or whatever, I just want my group to go ".....why?"

What level are you?

Necklace of Fireballs

>d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/necklace-of-fireballs

ioun stones with continual flame cast on them
or like, a lot of pigs

230 lbs of chocolate

www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/ue-more-gear-4#table-foods-spices

2,000 grey ioun stones hovering around your head. Become the swarm.

I take it you prefer thieves with small boobs?

You joke, but an Aegis/Psion would turn those 2,000 Ioun Stones into flying laser shooting funnels.

>party goes to investigate recent going-ons in a land formerly owned my PC's childhood friend, another party member
>Get into fight with the undead forms of a nice, happy couple our characters knew
>tree with various recently-made bodies that were mutilated and disfigured hanging from it, mocking the party
>the grave where my character had buried his love before the start of the campaign was disturbed, the body gone

How has everyone's latest sessions gone? Me and my party's got a band of skeletons charging at us out of a walled village.

Large, heaving breasts don't seem like they'd be compatible with nimble acrobatics, or at least make it a touch more difficult than the margin of error an expert thief demands.

>He doesn't know about matrix boobs

>mfw the DM is trying to pair my character up with the asshole thief that's been making his life a living hell for the past five sessions

Do people think this is cute? Make a character that's a big ole thorn in your side, and then think you'll find it endearing when they try to kiss and make up at a meeting in the marketplace?

Some people like it.
Though the line between 'lovable asshole' and 'plain old asshole' is pretty thin and the thief might have fallen on the wrong side of it while trying for the former.

DM is a cuck, so 400xp from lvl 5

THAT's something I wish more people understood-the distinction between "endearing" and "they will never find your goddamn body" levels of annoyance.

How the hell do you have 2300 gold to spare at level 4? There are too many key items you need to get to waste money on massive quantities of trade goods