Connected to Endolite...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>From_Pistorius_To_Hatchetman_A_History_of_Cyberpsychosis.zdf
>Bulk_Mods_Gone_Wrong.trid
>Cybertechnology.sklchp
>Four_Chrome_Limbs.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 5578 (72% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message: "Do I really need a cyberskull?"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running DaddySpentFiveCapacityOnCummies.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Have you ever seen/played someone with involuntary cyberware? Not Mr. Two Legs That Let Me Outrun A Westwind, but Mr. One Leg Because Of An Azzie Mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/product/194759/Shadowrun-Anarchy
pastebin.com/V8XuMGh3
shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Japanese_Imperial_State
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I once played a game where a guys only cyberware was his cyber head. He was the groups fixer, and had apparently taken a shotgun blast to the lower part of his face at one point. It completely destroyed his face and neck, but his brain was largely intact. They saved it, stuck it in a jar, and then stuck the jar back on his body.

Anywhere I can download all of the Neo-Anarchist podcasts, WITH titles?

I tried downloading them one by one from podcast sites, but the file names are just gibberish and I don't wanna name them all manually.

So was he just a floating brain in a jar, or did they rebuild a proper cyberskull?

The iTunes selection seems to be fine.

Anything for an Android/Windows user?

Proper cyberskull, but it wasn't covered in skin. So he had a robot head, but a human body.

Re-posting this here

You blew it

Download iTunes, get podcast, show files, place wherever, get rid of iTunes. I don't use a Mac and I still have iTunes because they tend to be good about releasing episodes properly.

I have a job for you, user. Wetwork, target's name is Connor. Collateral damage is allowed.

Riggers are terrible in 4e, I doubt anyone would have tried to mix them with anything, especially another gimped archetype like aspected alchemist.

>can't even be bothered to type in a new name while downloading the file

That is some lazy ass shit right there. Enjoy your cancersticks.

What about a hacker/rigger who enchants spy-flies to deliver spell payloads?

>riggers and alchemy are terrible, and dedicated hackers in 4e are a joke

>what if I do all three at once?

On Android, I use Podcast Addict just fine. Subscribe to the iTunes feed, and you get the titles, thumbnails, notes, everything.

Alright then. Is the first combo any good in 5e?

Alchemy is an absolute joke in 5. I think rigging is pretty fiddly too, but don't quote me on that. Even if rigging is good, alchemy is bad enough to invalidate the combo.
And to answer what I presume will be your next question, hacking in 5 is okay I guess but it is also fairly resource-intensive so it doesn't combo very well with much, let alone alchemy.

So if you were to do Shadowrun in a lighter system what would you choose? Or are the rules part of the draw for you guys? I can't really contribute too much because I know neither system nor setting THAT well (but I do love some cyberpunk).

Damn. Had a character in mind and everything.

Sorry bud, them's the breaks.

I'd just use Shadowrun?

Blades In The Dark? I hear there's an SR hack for it somewhere. Nova Praxis sorta works. Maybe Dogs In The Vineyard.

You call Shadowrun a rules light system?

Blades in the dark could work well for my style. Thanks for reminding me of that game.

does anyone have any clue what Extravagant eyes would apply mechanically, or is it just one of those obsolete/lost qualities that needs to be houseruled.
One of my players was planning on being a hobgoblin, but I could not find the rules for that metagenic quality anywhere.

To be fair, alchemy is better in 5e, if only for reagents.

Lost quality, I guess. Shouldn't he just take Distinctive Style in its place?

Anarchy's out.

>drivethrurpg.com/product/194759/Shadowrun-Anarchy

>Man. Machine. Magic.
>Shadowrun. The Sixth World. Orks in pinstripe suits with uzis; mohawked dwarves jacked into vehicles racing through megasprawls at breakneck speed; humans casting fireballs at corporate-trained paracritters; elves hacking the Matrix for a datasteal of the latest tech or working to topple an upstart corp. It’s where man meets magic and machine.

>Dive into a cyberpunk dystopia and become a shadowrunner, a deniable asset who does the jobs no one else can—or will—do. It’s not an easy life, but it beats selling your soul to the megacorps. You’ll break into top-secret labs, stand up to gangs bent on destruction and chaos, encounter dark spirits hiding even darker secrets, and come face to face with some of the infinite dangers the Sixth World can throw at you. And you’ll come out on top—because if you don’t, you don’t get paid.

>Shadowrun: Anarchy is a new way to get into the best cyberpunk/urban fantasy action around. Based upon the rules-light and easy-to-learn Cue System, Shadowrun: Anarchy is a narrative-focused game experience that has everything you need to quickly grab some gear, load up on spells, and get to throwing the dice. With loads of characters and missions, the book makes it simple to get up and running. Immerse yourselves in the Sixth World!

Did they really not come up with new art for the cover? I mean, it's better than a bunvh of the 5e covers, but even so.

so motherf'in hype RIGHT NOW!!

shadowrun anarchy just released, anyone got a copy of the PDF? Might be fun to play with some normies.

Rules light?

This doesn't sound too good. 5th already had issues with not having as much content as 4th. Are we switching gears already?

anarchy is a game for normies who cant learn the rules and want a alternative system to be able to RP in the SR universe without spending a month building a char sheet.

Alternate ruleset of questionable compatability with the core. Basically a quickplay book to get new groups invested in the game so they don't get immediately scared off by the tidal wave of rules and shitty editing.

Rules light is the new vogue.

Fair enough. As long as this doesn't become the new focus, I'm down.

Depends how it sells. If it's a hit, expect SR6e to be ShadowFATE.

...Whelp, I guess I'll always have 5E, at least.

nah they have said they want this to be an alternate rule system to co-exist side by side with their more complex rule set. Theyre always going to have two, a full version and a lite version. Or so they claim.

>Implying the editing'll be any better this time around.

Believe it or not there's a large crowd of fans who adore the games setting and stories but dislikes the min-maxing crunch of the pen and paper game. (but still have a desire to play it in PnP form).

I trust CGL about as far as I can throw them, and half of them are manlets.

Shitty editing is tolerable when the rules are low volume. With this much crunch, its impossible to infer how its all supposed to work together or if anyone even thought that far ahead.

But why use a different system for every setting? There are enough universal systems to plug into the setting without having to playtest all the shitty setting specific systems.

Name a single generic rules lite system that would capture shadowrun properly, including decking, magic, and ware

>implying shadowrun could capture any of those properly

The thing about Anarchy is it tries to feel as close to Shadowrun as it can. So it has the D6 dice pools, skill tests, and so on.

I could play Shadowrun on Savage Worlds, Fate, or so on, but it feels alien to me.

This is more like playing Shadowrun's brother/cousin. and It's a great way to make those fans feel at home with the rest of the community

I played a 3.5/3.P campaign for 5 years and that's exactly how I feel about 5e.

That said, I think this is aimed at attracting new players rather than the old guard.

>Mr. One Leg Because Of An Azzie Mine.
I literally never take replacement cybernetics for non-medical reasons. The notion of someone chopping off a perfectly health arm or leg for a cyberlimb - no matter the reason - makes my stomach turn with discomfort.

A character might then capitalize on the loss, mind you, tricking out whatever replacement they do end up getting. But Bob has those cybereyes because he looked into the detonation of the nuke at Chicago, Sally has that cyberarm because of an industrial accident with a hydraulic press (which pushed her to start shadowrunning because of how the company treated her afterwards), and Harry has that cyberleg because he got so shot up one time that the doctors had to amputate to protect him from sepsis and hemorrhage.

Non-destructive cyberware I'm fine with. Someone getting a smartlink implanted in their eye without having their eyes or retinas removed or anything is fine. But if someone has a cyberlimb or other Capacity-granting replacement, it's because they had some kind of accident, or defect, or illness which robbed them of the organic version and required a replacement.

I have a group of oldies who are excited about this.

We've been very welcoming to the latest trend of narrative gaming, and when we heard of anarchy's release we were beyond gitty with excitement. It's not that we hated 5th edition, but we really wanted something that flowed more with our playstyle.

Rigging is really good in 5e now that they released the splatbook for it, but yes, Alchemy is trash.

Cybereye description notes that in universe cybereyes are so useful, inexpensive, and the surgery so perfected, that even people with perfect normal vision will get their bio eyes replaced with the cyber version. They're pretty much one step away from being on the same level as a commlink, IE something you need to even function in modern society.

But it got points for tryin.

>robot head
So we talking Terminator man or we talking something that wont scare the kids?

No one bought anarchy yet? hit us with that PDF

Fuck that. It's literally revolting to me. If someone was blind or had some kind of physical defect with their eyes, sure, but I'll never be making a character who got their eyes replaced because 'fuck it, they're just too useful not to.'

I get why other people do it, and that's their choice, but I can't bring myself to make a character like that.

The bar is low, so no kitbash has to pull it off right, just better than the core did.

Thats fair, essence is a precious thing, dont squander it.

So, lads, first time GMing 5e, most of my players are also new. Should I be enforcing downtime required to train stuff, and double quality costs after chargen?

Nah, fuck Essence, I'll cram things into my body all day every day. It's the removal of the perfectly healthy, perfectly functional things that turns my stomach, not the addition of the artificial parts.

I've been told if you teach them wrong in the begining they will never get it.

Then it's not for you. Most people don't have perfectly functional organs though, just ones they're quite accustomed to. Not that anyone is in a hurry to cut out their appendix, even though it's a ticking timebomb.

Keep in mind that this is a contemporary perspective of a speculative culture. One we may see within our lifetimes.

Ghost in the Shell had a mention of this in one of the ARISE episodes - opting out of having your body cyberized was considered a mental disorder because it's equivalent to opting out of society. Kind of like not chipping yourself with a tracking device and continuously maintaining and upgrading it at your own expense. Smartphones and to a lesser extent laptops.

>Then it's not for you.
For sure, that's exactly what I'm saying. I don't expect anyone else's characters to necessarily cleave to my feelings on the matter, but while cybernetic implants themselves don't bother me in the slightest, destructive ones that require people to electively remove healthy body parts in order to receive them are the sort of thing I could never even consider giving one of my own characters.

I might have a character with two matching, tricked-out cyberlegs, but it'll be because he lost them both above the knee to a tragic traffic accident, not because he had his normal legs chopped off in favor of an 'upgrade.'

I'd say keep the downtime in part for lifestyle costs. Seems like annoying bookkeeping, but the looming pressure of needing money to live (or, if very successful, maintain luxuries) and crime being the only reasonable option (that doesn't sell one's soul to a corp) to get it really fits in with the theme.
As for double quality costs after chargen... uh, yeah, keep that. Not sure why you wouldn't. It's a balance thing, not a bookkeeping thing.

Who here has made custom traditions for magic?

I thought of something (probably been beaten to the punch already, but eh) that would make sense as a common (in New Orleans, at least) CAS magical tradition: Voodoo. What does Veeky Forums think?

Exists, I think, in Cuba.

It got released like, three hours ago. Calm your tits. Also I have no interest in it aside from the art so I won't be providing it.
Already exists in Street Grimoire.

Street Grimoire.

Nothing wrong with custom traditions imo but always dobule check before makin one.

Well damn. I'll have to check Street Grimoire again. Thanks for telling me.

Welp they mentioned vehicle stats but didn't offer stats for them.

R U L E S L I T E

Spoiler: contacts/glasses do the same thing just are easier to haxx0r

C A T A L Y S T G A M E L A B S
A T A L Y S T G A M E L A B S C
T A L Y S T G A M E L A B S C A
A L Y S T G A M E L A B S C A T
L Y S T G A M E L A B S C A T A
Y S T G A M E L A B S C A T A L
S T G A M E L A B S C A T A L Y
T G A M E L A B S C A T A L Y S
G A M E L A B S C A T A L Y S T
A M E L A B S C A T A L Y S T G
M E L A B S C A T A L Y S T G A
E L A B S C A T A L Y S T G A M
L A B S C A T A L Y S T G A M E
A B S C A T A L Y S T G A M E L
B S C A T A L Y S T G A M E L A
S C A T A L Y S T G A M E L A B

So far that's like the only glaring issue to me.
Everything else looks really good.

They have like 30 sample characters and around 40 (I think) sample missions to start out with . And they left a lot of explanation on making your own gear/magic for stuff.

>Matrix Perception is a complex

>if anybody you're fighting in the same room has their links/decks on hidden you have to use one IP just to find them in the matrix even if you can see them

>This is shadowrun so everybody and their mother runs silent most of the time

>>>you then have to spend another IP to get a mark

>By that time any half-competent party is in the wrap-up stage of combat

Worth the read?

Aww man what happened to the Sledge cover? Get this ugly keebweeb and inverted colour circuits shit outta here.

If you enjoy the crunch of fifth stick with it.

If you're looking for something faster/more story based or something to introduce friends relatively new to pen and paper games into. Check it out.

Well given i was going to make a quest i'll probbably check it out after finishing core.

I can get this. That one line from RoboCop(you should know the one) bothered the shit out of me.

In my case I could still probably write a character that went for optional part replacement, but I know everyone has their own thing where they just don't want to write it.

>Fuck that. It's literally revolting to me
How can you be such a child?

that's a hella dumb design

it has zero flection and looks like it was printed from inferior materials

t. a future amputee

How do I brick a Transys Avalon in one Data Spike, no other actions? Can it be done with my current set? Goal is to Matrix Perception and then Data Spike next turn, flat one-two.

Here's my current calculations

Transys Avalon - R4 F6
Matrix Resist : 10 DAM
Condition Mon: 11 box

Required DAM: 21 to brick in one shot

Shiawase Cyber-4
Rating: 4, Program Slots:4
Attack 8+1 Quality (Overclocker)+1 Decrypt Program[1 slot]
Base ATK = 10

Data Spike:
10 Base ATK+ Hits + 2/Mark + 2 Hammer Program [1 slot] +
Data Spike Dice=12 + 2 Hot Sim + 2 Device Spec Mean = 5 1/3 hits
10+5 1/3+2=17 1/3 DAM

So we're missing 3 2/3 DAM. Help me find it, anons, I know it's in these books somewhere.

So have any of your teams used a legitimate business as a front for shadowrunning? seems like a good idea to have a lagoon company-esque fallback to keep suspicions low.

One of my characters was a unlicensed doctor who started as nurse to a street doc. Later they became business partners and in the halfway through the campaign started their own company to cover all their business.

I retired the char soon after, but he became useful contact and Mr Johnson for our runners.

Where's the best place for an Ork Rigger with a low lifestyle to live in Seattle?

I'd live in the Ork Underground but when you can't drive about there, it just seems like an unnecessary hassle for a rigger.

Pub that my runners usually go through for work has its own runner team hiding amongst the staff.
>Face works as the second bartender
>Head Chef is Street Sam, Blades Spec.
>Bouncer is a Rigger/Heavy Weapons Spec.
>Second, wiry bouncer is a Physical Adept.
>Decker runs cams and SIN tracking, basic IT.
>Mage hides as primary bartender, doesn't show the fact that he has magic (Astral Chameleon)
>Doctor runs a private practice in the basement, skilled in surgery.
>Fixer/Secondary Face/Connections Man is the Manager of the pub.

The runners only know the Face, the Doctor, and the Fixer. Besides, the pub hosts at least three other teams and a Safehouse next to the Private Practice.

>Ork Rigger
>Low Lifestyle
>Seattle

Well...
>Redmond Barrens
>Renraku Arcology
>Redmond near the Barrens
>Puyallup near the Barrens
>Puyallup Barrens
There's more, but you'd have to find a map. Safety ratings haven't exactly changed since 3rd Ed.

Auburn, Tacoma and Everett would have their share of low lifestyle locales. Auburn is a working class region so you could score a cheap flat, Tacoma has its infamous aroma which would drop property prices and Everett is on the edge of either collapsing into poverty or being gentrified.

>Anarchy is a precursor to a rules light Shadowrun, oh no the normies are invading the sky is falling!

Chill the fuck out.

I can promise you, and I mean super promise, that Anarchy will never replace the crunchy mess we all love. Even if it becomes the best-selling RPG of all time and displaces D&D as the thing people think of when they hear "RPG" there will still be regular Shadowrun right alongside it. CGL likes money, but they also know you guys would annihilate them if they even tried to motion in the direction of abandoning Shadowrun as we know it.

I don't know what I'm allowed to say about upcoming books without breaking my NDA, but you don't need to worry about Anarchy sucking up resources or getting books that SR5 "should" get.

The way the GM described it was featureless, but with the suggestion of a face. Like an abstract statue or something. I suppose so he could pass it off as a mask. He was a pretty stylish character, and always put a lot of effort into appearances.

Nobody was saying that you PR jockey

I've made a Christian Charismatic tradition (distinguished from the Christian Theurgy tradition in the game in that it's entirely Protestant, and it doesn't profane itself by mixing in pagan/Hermetic practices), personally. Posted it here months and months ago, and got yelled at because I apparently managed to pick all of the most powerful spirits when I was picking them based on flavor.

Ah, I found a copy of the write-up I made for it, and posted it onto pastebin.

pastebin.com/V8XuMGh3

Enjoy, chummers!

Picking things based on flavor and accidentally making a broken character is the worst feeling.

Just because it's underground doesn't mean the entire thing is human-sized tunnels, nor do you need to drive inside to keep a vehicle somewhere on the surface.

>During the 2050's, who would you say would be the main law enforcement groups in San Francisco? Mitsuhama?

Repostan cause I didn't get a response last night.

Jap imperial marines. It was under military occupation during that time. Think what the US did in Iraq post invasion.

shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Japanese_Imperial_State

There you go. OP has enough that you can start reading.

Honestly, you don't need 21 unless you want the destruction guaranteed.

On average, the 17 and a third you have should still brick the thing in one Data Spike. Oh, and don't forget any dice from Codeslinger or specialties.

Hmm. So generally speaking a teenage (not old enough for jail) amateur decker's mischief would land them in hot water either in the form of:
- Knocking on a corp's server doors and them sending their own security company to kick down their doors - possibly with a fine and observation over a trial period.
- Knocking on government server doors and having Imperial marines kick down your door, put a bag over your head and disappear you.

Is that about accurate?

They'd probably kill him in option A too honestly. When San Fran was under Jap, and later Saitos, rule the Japan corps were fucking yuge there.

>teenage (not old enough for jail)
That doesn't apply post-territoriality. If a corporation wants X to be (il)legal within their realm, it is.

Hmm, fair enough. I'll work around the plot connotations of the backstory with that in mind then. Basically was trying to come up with some kind of slip-up in their past that would make them more cautious and less reckless in the future.