Your Planeswalker OC's

Share art, help with wording and discuss design for your Planeswalker original characters.

I'm wondering if anyone has a more appropriate picture for an Ice/Artifact themed planeswalker.

Also how's my wording? I'm a lapsed player

Power level too low to even consider, seven mana for something that can be swatted away with a lighting strike? pass

I genuinely like the Antarchanist pun.

A 0/0 golem, eh? Seems powerful enough for legacy fampai

Well, actually unless you're retarded and don't immediately +2, there's never a point when an opponent can deal 3 damage and kill him. The only time they can respond to deal damage is after he's already at 4.

He's a cool concept, but waaaayyyy overcosted. This would be like a 4, maybe 3 mana walker as is. Typically, when walkers come down, they can use either their plus or their small minus, one of which protects themselves and the other generating some advantage. The ult is supposed to win the game somehow, and the cost usually reflects how likely this is to happen. In your case, Boreas can only use one ability when he comes in, and his ult does literally nothing on its own, so -11 is very steep. While he's very synergistic, it's verging on parasitic with himself. Jace, Architect of Thought and Nahiri, the Harbinger both are very well formatted: Their cost is reasonable, as 4 mana for just one activation of any of their abilities, then dying, is a lot, but as soon as you get a second activation you're getting more than what you paid for. Their ults are reachable and should win you the game if they resolve.

Also, forgot to add that the wording on this ult is a little off. It would say "artifact creatures you control..." as at the moment you're giving your Sol Ring flying and first strike, so unless you're really thinking about making things indestructible, it would likely specify creatures given those keywords. Also, I think the effect is a little bit out of blue's slice of the color pie, I think that would need to be U/W or U/B. Tezzeret, the Seeker is a thing, but I don't think monoblue really gives keywords.

Good art, good name, but too expensive with too little starting loyalty.
You should also change Coolant counters to Ice counters since they're already a thing in mtg.
I feel that you don't need the emblem effect.
Instead, it could be something like "-X: Put an Ice counter on X target creatures."

Dude your design sucks, so bad. Calm down and get back to the drawing board

The golem doesn't need fabricate at all.

>Create an X/X Golem creature token or X 1/1 Servo creature tokens.

What's the lore behind your guy? Planeswalkers need stories since they're the protagonists of their blocks by and large.

You realize we have a thread for custom Magic cards, right? Regardless, I'll post one of my planeswalkers here. Probably the one I'm most attached to.

>+2
Ouch, rough start. The way it's written it wants to be an activated ability and a static ability. Let's try
>Tap target permanent and put a coolant counter on it. For as long as that permanent has a coolant counter on it, it doesn't untap during its controller's untap step and its activated abilities can't be activated.
Which is much wordier, unfortunately.

>-5
I feel like you might as well make it something like
>Create an X/X blue Golem artifact creature token or X 1/1 blue Golem artifact creature tokens, where X is the number of coolant counters on all permanents.
Not entirely sure about that last part. Feels odd from a flavor perspective as well. Is he building a bunch of Frosty the Snowman's? Not really feeling Blue in this either.

>-11
FStrike? On a mono-Blue card? Really? No.

Suggestion: Lower the cost, by a lot, and try simplifying it. Try to focus on one theme, and stick to that.

OP'S card would be overpowered at 3 mana. Do you see its +2. He can make target permanent unable to untap. That includes lands. Imagine having 2 lands tapped on turn 2 then on your 3rd turn one of them doesn't untap and you think to yourself "If I use my other land he'll freeze that one forever too". Not many decks would survive with 1 mana.

Also, I can tell you haven't been doing this long, because you really didn't think it through when you put Indie and FStrike together on that emblem. Think about it. FStrike is to hit opponents' creatures before they hit yours. But if your creatures have Indie, who cares? There's fringe stuff like Wither or Infect, but again, it's fringe.

I worded it as indestructible, flying and first strike, to both cover ALL your artifacts, so that not only are your artifacts indestructible but when they become creatures they also get those bonuses but it does come off a bit messy.

Though you may be right that monoblue giving more than flying might be a bit much, should I ditch first strike for hexproof?

thank you, i thought of it for a while, Antarctic, arcane and mechanist all mashed into a dumb word

Should I drop it a mana or tweak the ability costs?

OH I didn't know Ice counters were a thing, thanks I'll switch it to that, I liked coolant for the machine/cold flavor but if theres something pre-existing you're definitely right

Doesn't fabricate work like, if its fabricate 5 it can come down as an 5/5 or 5 servos or 4 servos and 1 counter? If not I'll take it under advisement, not needing to be servo tokens means i can make it something else

If I was to be lazy, it'd be planeswalker Mr.Freeze, but flavor wise I wanted to communicate a guy turning your stuff into a block of ice, then using those blocks off ice to power his machines, I just like artifact/blue but jace covers all the illusions/mindgames, venser did bounce and tezzeret does artifacts/searching for artifacts stuff.
For your grave captain I love the art, don't quite see why its white unless it was a flavor thing, since the second ability, while small buffs are white its not like black doesnt occasionally do it.

sorry i didnt know, i searched planeswalker in the topic search and nothing came up, and i thought blue occasionally got to make cool monsters with leviathans and some big blue monsters from Innistrad and was hoping to remind people a little of Marit Lage, was it too much of a stretch to make big blue artifact creatures? you're right. First strike is off color

yeah you're right. I just looked at what Akroma had and said 'yeah thatd be sick'

OH and the site i used to make it was mtgcardsmith so there was a word limit on each planeswalker ability, so fabricate was more prudence than anythng

oh, i looked at the card again, the ice counters are more for creatures, im targeting all permanents,

Dude, the /ccg/ is right over here, come join us.
Oh, but download MSE before you do, it's a ton better than Cardsmith. Cardsmith is pretty much a joke on /ccg/. Also, I didn't see a Leviathan connection, I just saw ice and cold.

Too lazy to come up with an OC, but I wanted to go for a 2 mana planeswalker that didn't suck but also didn't break the game in half.

there wasn't an explicit Leviathan connection, just the idea that Blue can have BIG CREATURES, like HUGE shit at the end of the scale

also thank you for the link, i was quite ignorant

There's already a containment thread for our shitty MtG OCs if that's your thing. If not then is right, /ccg/ would give you better feedback.

I appreciate the terrible name pun on that guy though.

Isn't that picture just jace with a popsicle up his ass?

The result of me dicking about with magic set editor during my Star Trek game. Zero clue on power level beyond 'Annoying as fuck'

Cheapo Depot equipment carrier

Probably not mean enough for dimir, but cool none the less.

Way too powerful.

Should have given him an ability for placing extra land or something.

Pretty neat concept.

Literally unplayable.

Posted him a while ago in a custom cards thread, and forgot him to the point he still don't have a name.

The plot was that he is an asshole planeswalker that present a nice face until he backstab as many people as possible.
He isn't really a powerhouse though, nor really that smart, so he tend to fuck up in the end when he switch face.
It's actually how he got his spark: his attempt to seize power in his home plane was fucked when he revealed himself to soon and realised that toppling the ones in power doesn't mean you're the one getting in power next. He then get cornered, shout "NO! It's impossible!" or something and get killed by everyone he pissed off... and unfortunately awake in another world, free to be cunningly stupid somewhere else.

In the hypothetical block he would appear in, the story would be about locals overthrowing the small group of second grade tyrannical planeswalkers he's part of.

>discard 10 from deck and burn 1 for each land
I know what I'm stuffing full of Madness cards

Fabricate is a triggered ability you dingus. The golem will die as an SBA