What sort of hats should thieves wear? Want to branch out beyond the "hoods and cloaks with hoods" thiefy aesthetic

What sort of hats should thieves wear? Want to branch out beyond the "hoods and cloaks with hoods" thiefy aesthetic

Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Helmets#Evasion_Helmets_.28Dexterity.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsboy_cap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tricorn? That's classically highwayman.

>What sort of hats should thieves wear
Stolen ones.

Do they want people to know that they're thieves?

A fedora.

Beanie

Flat cap/newsie cap. It just bloody makes sense.

party hats, obviously.

Look, man. being caught thieving is worth a day in the stocks.

Being caught thieving while not wearing an approved thieving cap is the death penalty.

What the?

its our birthday newfriend

Oh.

It's not the 1st over here, that's why I was confused.
Sorry for being new.

the only acceptable answer

balaclavas are real thief stuff

A cute beret worn at a jaunty angle if female thief

A tricorne if male thief

>the very first post beat me to tricorn suggestion

Muh nigga

Only if your one of those smucks that thieve in one of those areas ran by the guild where all the good stuff is already taken. If you want to ever steal more than potatoes, you gotta branch out to places outside that, places not used to thieves!

>phone posting
Doesn't even sit right.

pls go

Thieves please.

Thieve-y hats, you know what I mean?

sideways baseball caps, like it's 1995

Did you post this thread last year? I got deja vu seeing it

Varying wigs.

> Hoods and cloaks
> Bad
Pick one.

This hat right here

Enjoy getting frostbite in that obviously freezing environment.

Pilgrim Hat. I don't know its real name.

A hood and a mask, or even better, a balaclava. They're a thief, they don't want to be spotted or recognised.

However there's nothing stopping the thief from wearing a fancy top hat to the ball with a dagger and balaclava hidden inside of it.

Wha'cha want is a unique hat, stylish and over the top, the kind that draws undue attention. Something with feathers and tassels and genuine WOW factor. The kinda hat so remarkable that anyone who sees it can recognize it at a glance and describe it down to the finest detail.

'Course as a thief you don't want to draw that kind of attention; it'd be a one-way ticket to the slammer. That's where the hat's true beauty lies; take it off and BOOM, yer invisible. Guards out looking for you? No, they're lookin' for the hat. The witnesses didn't see YOU at all; they were too focused on the hat. All you've gotta do to disappear is make that hat vanish.

Now yah wanna make sure to get a hat you can trust. It's yer partner in crime after all, and yah don't want it fumblin' outta yer satchel at an inopportune moment and outin' yah as the crook. Best to get one with a reversible lining, that way yah can stow its flamboyant side in its guts and hide it in plain sight on yer head.

Capotain.

You say that like it's not enchanted.

women clothes, none will suspect a thing or your identity

You need as many hats as you have disguises. More, in fact. A swap of a hat can change you from a scruffy tramp into a scruffy stevedore, or from a well-off doctor to a well-off preacher. Add a quick few adjustments and you're a completely different person in a vastly different profession and nobody's the wiser.

So don't ask which hats thieves should wear, ask when a good thief would wear which hat?

CUTE
U
T
E

Bilmoe baggins, Veeky Forums's toppest birthday girl, two years running.
pic is from last year.

Or just slap it on a passer by and wink, saying "you da dashing fella now".

Also, any Evasion, Evasion/EShield from PoE.
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Helmets#Evasion_Helmets_.28Dexterity.29

Anyone know what this type of hat is called?

It's a Chapeau

something about the poor-boy is appealing

which came first, the baseball cap or the poor boy?

Considering the poor boy is from the 1910's, probably that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsboy_cap

Whatever was practical, common, and cheap for the era. The last thing a thief wants to do is stand out

the origin of the baseball cap dates back to 1860, but the modern version didn't become popular until the 1940s

Hi, welcome to Veeky Forums! It's normal when first coming here to wait around and learn the place a bit, we call it lurking! Watch out, sometimes people say 'nigger!'

fuck you nigger

eat a bag of dicks ya faggots

Oh, shut ya yap, ya great bleedin' cunt.

I love you too you cocksucking skub loving shitbags

Likewise, you eternally whining pukestain.

Post more Bilmoe. I have a decent motive for asking this, I swear.

Well I don't, i'm going to use them to make a profile on f-list

>What sort of hats should thieves wear?
The latest one they stole, of course.

Battered Top Hat, of course. With the little circle top slightly askew.

She is also clearly internally insulated

peter titmouse pls leave

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I got that reference.

Thats actually femme Frodo iirc

Professional town guard here. Clearly no one with bad intentions would wear such a joyous and festive hate. They must simply be lost. Make sure to give them directions and tell them where they definitely should not go.

Note the outfit. Definitely Bilbo.

Both of my suggestions in the 6 posts. Well done Veeky Forums.

My desert-fairing fighter and the sea-faring rogue in the party bonded over cloth headwraps. Bandanas and turbans are the patrician's headwear.

>I'm afraid mama will need something a little bit stronger than that
what did she meant by that?

I'm sure that's already been done.

Suits ?

that won't stop my dick.

Mean's she needs a goddamn drink because you're an exhausting little shit, Frodo

I want to make a qt hobbit character resorting to thieving to feed her family because she's too proud to whore.

A good thief will have an expansive wardrobe - commonplace local garb mostly, to switch continuously as needed; narrowly escape a botched short con at the marketplace?

Change your clothes, slick your hair back, swap the fake moustache for a fake beard and try again somewhere else.

I'm glad someone else asked that because I wanted to.

Talk about a little dark for your cutesy fuggin image, Japan.

This is the only answer. I was once one of two rogues in a party in a fairly light-hearted game. We established pecking order by who could steal and wear the fanciest hat. I once jumped off the roof of a two story building and ran across a battlefield to steal a kill from the other rogue, because he was fighting someone wearing a hat we had determined, through objective and scientific means, was 1 fancier than mine.

How is that dark? The cute mom needing a strong one after a hard day's work is pretty common even in light-hearted fantasy.

Fuck you! Skub is awesome, you degenerate kike tranny-fucker.

booze is grown man's (or woman's) candy

Don't worry, I'm hobbit size where it counts.

try_not_to_cry.jpg

But, user, hobbits have very large feet. You know what they say about people with big feet right?

They be saying damn you got some big feet

"We don't sell shoes that big, try some other store, sorry."

>2015+1
>liking skub

kys please

Really back most cobblers only made shoes by request and they made their money through repairs.

Does anyone else have their Halflings being faux Irish? I can never see adventuring Halflings from the way Tolkien describes them.

Hobbits are the archetypal bucolic English countryfolk, so the Irish are a decent enough fit.