Blanks and marines and clones

Are there any cases of blanks space marines? I googled a bit, but found nothing. One theory I read was that all the blanks are caught by the Black Ships and sent to the inquisition, another that the indoctrination of new recruits requires some psychic powers. Which wouldn't work for the Black Templars.

Also: Is there a reason they can't clone blanks? With a few million cloned blanks as storm troopers chaos invasion would turn into fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Afriel_Strain
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not sure if Imperium even utilizes cloning technology.
Chaos affiliates and Deldar do, but Loyalists? don't think so...

Clones are naturally disposed to bad luck and dying young. The Universe takes a look at them and says "nope".

Blanks are absurdly rare and typically live in poor and abusive conditions due to peoples typically negative reaction to their nature. They are typically detected then scooped up by the Adepta Assassinorum for conversion into highly valuable Culexus

Or the Inquisition who fucking love them, at least when not in the same room as them.

Or by the Sisters of Silence and then they live and work on the Black Ships.

Don't they clone the krieg? Also I think the culexus clone their assassins.

>Chaos affiliates and Deldar do
Deldar vatborn aren't clones, they have to be taken from a womb and placed in the vats and they grow from their. Its what Dark Eldar do with unwanted pregnancies

I don't know about Fabius' clones either. They all died pretty fast.

Clones are bad Juju. Not totally forbidden but they work bad probably something to do with souls. Afriel Strain supersoldiers were an experiment about cloning/mixing the genes of important heroes.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Afriel_Strain

The problem is that they got inherent bad luck and poeple used to get on their nerves around them. Similar to what happens with blanks. Even if cloning a blank was possible, a blank clone would emit so many negative waves he would just get mob torched due to the blind rationless rage he would generate.

I am not sure if blankism can be cloned. After all, even the child of two blanks has a very very very slim chance of being a blank himself.

Kriegers are just matured in aritificial wombs.

Darrion Rauth of the Exorcists chapter.

Is the pariah gene even canon anymore?

Is not a blank. That's just part of the Exorcists creation rituals. They have their souls burned out through possession.

There is one example that I can think of. In The Emperor's Gift, he was the undertaker among the Grey Knights. Even getting close to him made Hyperion extremely sick.

>Are there any cases of blanks space marines?
Considering that Space Marines are created from the genetic material of the Primarchs who were created from the genetic material of the Emperor himself, the greatest human psyker ever existed, blanks and space Marines unsurprisingly do not mix. Becoming a Marine requires a lot of traits from a person beside being genetically compatible with the chapter's gene seed. Blanks, even as normal people, are supposed to be weird and unsettling something the Space Marine screening test will no doubt quickly identify and the person will most probably get rejected from becoming a Space Marine and if not he will probably not be genetically compatible due to being a blank.

Canonically, blanks and psykers are quickly winnowed by the local Ministorum or Schola system's many early detection protocols before military candidacy can even be considered. The IoM has plans for those babies that don't involve humping a blaster on the frontier, so toadies are always on the look-out for Specials.

Test tube babies

This. Blanks are also much easier to detect than Psykers as the latter aren't necessarily going to be shitting out powers or summoning Daemons, but a Blank has virtually no say on its permanent anti-Warp aura.

Isn't it extremely difficult to spot a blank? There is nothing in his aura a psycher can detect. Jurgen from the Ciaphas cain novels only gets detected by accident after years of service in the imperial guard.

Depends on the blank.

Also blankiness can be honed like the culexis assassin that murdered the grand papa blueberry. They could actually see him because he was so blank. He was so soulless and "unnatural" even Tau brains were going "Nah, that definitely can't be a thing, ignore."

couldn't*

> Sir, he doesn't just have no soul!
> He has NEGATIVE SOUL!

The power levels of blanks are all over the place. Some blanks give a psykers seizures from across a solar system meanwhile an army of Sisters of Silence seemingly did jack shit in fucking with Magnus and his Sorcerers powers on Prospero

Well, that is actually how blanks work.

I just assumed Magnus and Malcador were just that balla.

That's literally what a blank is. Soulless to the point of having negative soul. Strong blanks are effectively soul black holes

I kind of doubt this, clones is a general scifi trope not necessarily 40k specific. I mean a large chunk of the mechanicus works on gene modification and cloning or vat growing new flesh to supplement the converts for their own populations, in addition gene seed is mentioned to be cloning which makes sense. And Alpha Legion and others mention cloning methods may have been used to enhance the resemblance of their marines to the primarchs.

At the end of the day their value system is completely different then ours, and its hard to find some setting where half mutilated prisoner corpses are seen as a regular part of society when a simple sentient computer is ruled evil and somehow cloning techniques are particularly unnecessary.

Also the one thing humanity is not short of in the 40k universe is manpower, meaning cloning might be seen as unnecessary for large scale population replacement, hence its more niche applications.

*clones being cursed or evil is a general scifi trope*

The thing is, in those cases of cloning, it isn't entire people to exist, but parts to use.