Horus Heresy General /hhg/

The Inferno Comes Closer Edition
Can you dig it Sub-Edition
Prepare for the Inferno that these threads will become. One more thing! Old bread > R E A D . T H I S . B E F O R E . P O S T I N G

HHG FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

30k TACTICA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Horus_Heresy

Red Books Links: sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg

HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List:
mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List:
mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents):
mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_–_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub

Strawpoll links:
strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/all-products/myriad.html
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6o7be8UuQA_c3pVNXB3cnlRN0U
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/320245-the-horus-heresy-era-space-wolves-of-ursa-doom/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ryza Victor

Vultarax have WS0? Why can they then buy Power Blades?

You mean Inferno Being Yet Further Away Again

>Why can they then buy Power Blades?
To stab something in mid-flight?
I never said which Inferno was coming now did I?

Let me rephrase the question including the obvious facts now.
Even though FMCs have Vector Strike and punch at AP2 due to Smash, the image looks like it has WS0, meaning that it cannot perform melee attacks. The inclusion of Power blades as a wargear option says this isn't the case, but then, what's their WS? It looks like a 0 to me, but it's simply a bit blurry.
>I never said which Inferno was coming
D:

>Let me rephrase the question including the obvious facts now.
>Even though FMCs have Vector Strike and punch at AP2 due to Smash, the image looks like it has WS0, meaning that it cannot perform melee attacks. The inclusion of Power blades as a wargear option says this isn't the case, but then, what's their WS? It looks like a 0 to me, but it's simply a bit blurry.
If a bee is covered in knives does it have to sting you to hurt you?

>Everyday we move further from burning Prospero's light

I'm not sure, if that's a zero it's a damn blurry one. It could be a 3 or a 5 and you wouldn't really be able to tell.

Being stung feels like somebody biting you, so I'll go now. Also
>Flare-shielded T7 with 3+ save, Jinking, being hit on a 6 when Swooping and can't be Pen (but ground tests are a thing), wielding a whirlwind launcher, and a full maniple can eat a Spartan in a single turn even if they were 48" away at the start of that turn.
Those things aren't bees, but hornets.
I guess.

More Open Day news from Battle Bunnies:
- House Malinax / Xana transfer sheet
- Ultra Marine Breacher shields
- Cataphractii Assault Cannon upgrades (with targeting visor heads)

>that pic
That's more impressive armor than mk3.

Yah, I doubt it's WS 0 since I can barely tell if there is ink there, let alone a number. And these are FW rules so I'm sure they would catch something like that.

Just finished the test model for my Sons of Horus.

Can't believe how much better Kabalite and Sybarite Green than the official FW paints.

Now to paint his 59 brothers and hopefully work up enough skill and confidence to touch my resin models.

Are there female titan princeps?

Nice

t. Warmaster.

Don't see why there wouldn't be.
It's a matter of implanting the correct hardware in a compatible brain to be able to connect to a Titan's Machine Spirit, and I doubt that's a gender specific genetic attribute.

Wow, the color is awesome! What's the recipe?

There definitely are.

Yes, iron hands bookerino.
Not 30k.

that looks amazing, into the archive you go
on p14 of the scans, in the comic there are Iron Warriors that get BTFO by DA

yep, in betryaer I'm pretty sure a chick rides it
don't tell me you're a spiddish worshipper

checked B&C they have the state line as:
Vulturax Statos-Automata- 175 points

WS:3 BS:4 S:4? T:7 W:4 I:3 A:2 Ld:8 Sv:3+

There is one in the short story Myriad that came out recently. I will say there wasn't much focus on her driving a Titan but it was a good read.
blacklibrary.com/all-products/myriad.html

WS 3 makes sense for a shooting focused flyer, as does the S 4, since it's not designed to murder stuff in close combat.

>hello steve, we had a letter from the local manager of your store mentioning that you only started painting in Febuary. Testament to the in-store painting tutorials and no mistake

There's self promoting and then there's saying people are only good because you made them good

>Kabalite green
>50/50 Kabalite/Sybarite green on upper areas where the light would hit
>Wash Coelia Greenshade
>Paint Agrax Earthshade into the deeper recesses
>Highlight Sybarite green
>Finer Highlight of Sybarite Green/Screaming Skull 50/50

I used an airbrush for the two first steps but even coverage with a normal brush would yield the same result.

This was a test mini so there was a lot of trial and error, the rank and file should end up a bit neater than this.

Mechanicum doesn't care what you are. If you can pilot the grumpy, possibly bloodthirsty robot you're getting inside the robot.
SPIIDESH WILL REMEMBER YOU EVEN WHEN HE BECOMES INTERRED INTO THE GOLDEN THRONE.

>THRONE
>Not web

hit a snag, scanner is now doing images in 4 sections when before it did a whole page just fine ala pic related

which one looks better

Thank you, mighty Archive-Scan-Friend!

thank me when i've given you guys the pdf

or maybe I'll just post them on a blog page and let somone else do it that nows how to do it

This one is sharper

I have to not use the local lingo otherwise I'd creep you folks out.

Thanks
Smash hits at rerollable S10 AP2, however. One good Vector strike hit and enemy aircraft may be in trouble. But it's good it's balanced in melee.
>A withered legless husk. Even on this deathless state the spider Emperor sits forever on the Golden Web...

Super late so I missed replying in the last thread but:
>I don't think KA's paint job looks *bad*, just simple, and his technique has gotten better
>AdMech is terribly balanced for a mostly marine game
>Seriously fuck AdMech and their T7 W100000 MCs with AP3 bolters, and now FMC with haywire and flare shield

-t. WE player

>>A withered legless husk. Even on this deathless state the spider Emperor sits forever on the Golden Web...
Spiperium of Spiders?

p23 scans in 4 bits but the next are fine
also genestealer iron warriors

Is the Ravenlord novel in the mega folder?

I can't seem to find it.

>somehow read that as Ravelord and was really confused

>regular Chaosboxnaught
>that chaplain
Awesome.

Imperium of Arachnidkind?
Deredeos forcing grounding tests are the only thing I can think of. Kheres Dreads would work too if they weren't outranged, and these vultarax are so though they can tank Sicaran shots, which lack Skyfire.

>Imperium of Arachnidkind?
Yes. Praise the Spider Emperor!

still got possessed tentacle arm

So long as it doesn't look like the inferior Hellbrute my emotional state is fine. This is what a proper Traitor Boxnaught should look like.

>genestealer iron warriors
Getting shafted by xenos as well, I see. Also, dat Chaplain, unf. I have a soft spot for skull helmet Zealots.
A Chaplain packs more punch than a champion, and screams louder and angrier.

Does anyone else other than Scoriafag here play Mechanicum? Somebody already updated 1d4chan Vultarax.

>I have a soft spot for skull helmet Zealots.
You're alright, Al, or should I say Beezeentch? My DA successor chapter's top preachermarine likes you.

>tfw no 30k chaplain models
Why, Tzeentch, why?

B@C?

That's not a real chaplain. Even in 30k, Chaplains had black armor and skull helms.

I thought it was asmodai but no it's just a normal chaplain, but the same loadout as the GW interrogator chaplain model, so we're moving away from photoshop filter art but not completely. Then again it helps realise how that battle could have actually have happened on the battlefield

Was that across all legions or just lorgar's, also how were BA wardens different to the others apart from name

Blood Angels' Wardens, Salamanders', Ironfathers didn't follow that dress code.
Then there's our man E who usually went bareheaded.

Anyone thought of modelling IW praetor with great coats as that was a real thing for officers in ww1
Yes but characters don't wear helmets

i thought the Blood angels Wardens still wore black...

It seems that Iron Warrior didn't have too much Iron within...

True. But that was a Bird Wearer. Black denotes direct service to the throne, but he doesn't.
BA Wardens wore black and skulls. The dress code has always been the same.
Maybe that armour has been inherited?
I'm a Chaplain for the Scan user.
What do you mean?

FW said that they'll be making primarch helmets for some of them due to popular demand; so why not characters as well?

No, even Word Bearers still wore the black and skull, even during and after the heresy.

So what model would best be used to represent a Warden from the Blood angels Legion?

So reading wolf of ash and fire and how in every novel they suck Sejanus's disk that hard, why was Abaddon first captain and not him?

because abbadon was a horus clone so best figther and like charges repel
sejanus irl was augustus' bff IIRC

can someone check this so far
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6o7be8UuQA_c3pVNXB3cnlRN0U
every page now scans in sections for some reason even though I didn't change settings

Any mark armour and a third party skull helm

I just artistic license that shit and paint them like the rest of my dudes.

what legion do you play

So paint him black and put a skull helmet on him.

God, and these are the people who tell other players that if they can't convert a bunch of shotgun carrying power armoured humans, they shouldn't be playing 30k in the first place.

Space Wolves. I just put a wolf helmet on the chaplain and called it a day.

The black plate & skull helmet legion, comanded by Laín, the good old chap.

seeing as they're exempt from nikea, I think they're allowed anything
also are you the guy with the really cool termie praetor

Yup. That's me.

could you repost your pics of them because I'm making a archive of /hhg models, for refrence in my work and to advise others on how to paint and such
also scanning white dwarfs now as I have a subscription and people want it

They weren't actually exempt, they just thought they knew better.

What cool termie Praetor?
>Excempt from Nikea
Corgomancers are psykers. If Emps says they can use them it's fine, but no one digs that "power from Fenris" bullshit.

So I recieved my Mars Pattern Plasma cannons, and upon cleaning them noticed that one of them had part of the mold stuck to it.

Looks like whoever ordered some after me is out of luck

Do we have any idea when Adeptus Titanicus is going to come out?

the B@C terminator 'aetherion stolloc' or something but with a long chainsword
proofs?
it's being made by FW, inferno isn't out yet, so your guess is as good as mine and neither are our bloody iron tyrants

Sure. I'll save some pages in the thread and post my Bolter and Chainsaw thread with all the images I have taken of them.
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/320245-the-horus-heresy-era-space-wolves-of-ursa-doom/
I'm soon gonna be touching up my Praetor and Contemptor a bit, though.

I regret not getting a couple of those when they were still up for sale.

RIP Rubric Boxnaught

I've heard Summer 2017 being thrown around.

Sorry I didn't think to stop, get my camera and take some pics of it. Way to impatient to see them assembled (and I don't have one of those fancy phones with camera build it, I use mine for phone calls and that's it)

But as to where it was stuck to : pic related. If anybody is getting misscasts you can blame me :P

well rumours say the next wulfen book will have rubric dreads and termis

I don't even follow chaos rumors anymore.

I've been burned so many times by rumors I just default to disappointment and assume a shit release till I actually see scans.

Would be nice to get actually rules for rubric termies though. More AP3 Bolters on overcosted 1W models with no overwatch or grenades! ='D

Rubicae can be interred? So those Dreads are glorified ashtrays. I thought Rubic marines were like Wraithlords, not fully there.

Rubricae Dreadnoughts were probably just dreads before the Great Dustening.

Rubricae are the thousand sons that did not survive Ahriman's ritual
They're souls bound to armour effectively, one edition had dust pour out if their armour was pierced, another had them as robo zombies as long as a sorcerer is nearby
there's nothing to say there weren't dreadnoughts at the battle of prospero that got transported and so became rubricae. from a fluff perspective it's fine.
soul blaze assault cannons would be awesome.
Also scanner working again, anyone know how to make a pdf out of images, as you'll be able to do it faster than me.

ThisI fucking hate soulblaze
Decent Mechanic if it was a computer game and it was automated.

Shitty if you have to keep track of every unit, check fires, check damage. Remove counters.
Just too much crap to keep track of in addition to all the other stuff of your army, their army etc etc etc

Also why would we get Assault cannons.
Those are Loyalist toys and too advance for the feeble minded traitors to duplicate.

What color are WE eye lenses? HH1 just shows them almost looking uncolored, or just black holes.

tumblr guy uses blue lenses
obliterators have assault cannons. also i was more so reffering to mortis contemptors as the battle of prospero is early heresy

They're green.

I'd say that in HH1 and HH2 the lenses are a really deep green, it's not black from what I can see.

Chaos Contemptors don't have those either.
We get Butcher Cannons instead ='D
Traitors can't seem to figure out how to make the barrels spin with out fusing your soul to your armor and becoming the gun.

Red eyes.

>Also why would we get Assault cannons.
Well, Kheres cannons on Contemptors are a thing, but not for boxnoughts of course. And TS won't get Inferno bolts until later.
...but will get their speshul robbits now.
And their Praevians will surely outclass those from the IW Robotwing...
Sadness.

>HH1 just shows them almost looking uncolored, or just black holes.
That's what the Nails do to you, user. Angron has been sleep deprived for most of his life, and his legion's Nails are but crude imitations. Their Eye bags show through their armour.

Yah, I drifted into 40k for a bit there.

We won't get Rubrics in 30k for atleast 5 years assuming they decide to retcon the Rubric of Ahriman to during the heresy.

TS Praevians were actually psychers who possess the robots with their minds. One of them possesses a Warlord during Prospero but dies with the titan.

Hm, I'm running red/white scheme so I think blue lenses would be a good complement.

oh, tumblr guy uses just white and blue with red as gore, but yeah it could work as a good contrast. But at the end of the day they're 'your dudes' so paint them however and say they got resupplies from a different forgeworld