Delta Green General

Let's talk about why delta green is amazing

>>there's a really good reason to have a close family in Delta Green

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2015/07/09/hack-of-security-clearance-system-affected-21-5-million-people-federal-authorities-say/
delta-green.com/2016/02/download-delta-green-need-to-know/
mediafire.com/?njg3a0ne7v130
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sweet SAN armor.

I'm making my players do small vignettes in every game now. It helps them build up actual characters instead of just the murder-hobo they rolled.

Can someone explain Delta Green to me since I feel like I have heard different perspectives.

Is it more "Gear up in tacticool gear and shoot some monsters" or more "Scully, I know you don't believe in the supernatural but this is a cannibalistic cult!" Or somwhere inbetween?

I've seen it as the prior but that doesn't sound interesting to me, but I'm not really a tacticool fan.

a little bit of the first but way more finding out what the fuck is that makes the strange things happening, then finding out how the fuck you can shoot it and then shooting the fuck out of it while trying not to get murderfucked in the face. Then you get murderfucked in the face

So is it more XFiles, Aliens, or strike team that cleans up after Scully and Mulder?

it's Xfiles but you work against Mulder. You want to hide these stuff from the public because there will be panic than. But you also want to destroy the stuff but can't trust anyone else to even call for help with a VERY few exception

>it's Xfiles but you work against Mulder
OK, that sounds more interesting than tacticool shooting guys to me.

the tacticool shooting guys is the part when you are out of options. You don't want to go there tactical shooting because that's a fuckhuge pile of evidence you MUST clean up later. And NOTHING guarantees that you will survive. I mean if we aren't takeing into consideration the supernatural stuff, even shooting up a random cultist hobo lair can go wrong pretty fast, especially with the new DG rules. And when you already lying and falsify evidence just to get enough time from your government job to do this, explaining a bullet wound on yourself will be very tricky

that said, while the shoot everything that moves is the last thing on the list it's still on the list. Because DG is about playing a losing game, and you want to do EVERYTHING to prolong the game over

>And when you already lying and falsify evidence just to get enough time from your government job to do this
I thought DG was part of an organization? Is this more like Mulder going off the radar and FBI doing IA work or they're accountants who are also part of a secret society of sorts?

Are they looking into sunset or nuclear blast?

Delta Green is a conspiracy hiding in the US government to keep the spooky shit down. PCs are usually federal agents of some sort who use their position to help them cover up the mythos shit.

Just download the QuickStart rules. There's an adventure in the back you can run with no prep. I'm doing the second session tonight (night on owlhead mountain)

Man I feel like I'm asking retarded questions now because I've heard so many just pieces about DG and I guess filled in the rest with assumptions.

Link?
Or I guess I could google delta green quickstart

that sounds like esoterrorist, what system does delta green use? d100?

well depends. With the new DG out there basically you can play as the old DG who does not wanted to join the new one, which will mean you are totally doing everything by illegal means.
The new DG is while thechnically authorized and can lend you a hand here and there, they will still count as a non-existent thing and if you get caught they won't acknowledge you and stuff like that.

d100 but the new one did a little modification here and there

I am ridiculously jealous of that explanation. I'm stealing it.

>vignettes

Patrician tastes.

Well in an effort to bump the thread, does anyone have any good delta green stories?

heave you read the corn king short story?

thanks but I think this one still covers it way better

No. I'm the guy above asking the dumb questions. I just discovered most of what I know about DG is wrong. I'd like to hear it though.

Usually you're investigating. However, when shit goes south you don't just waltz in with flashlight and pistol: you roll DEEP.
Which is good, because in most games the opposition are not retarded and will shoot you dead if you give them the chance.

then the corn king probably isn't the best one for a start. But here is something even better if you are new to this.

Keep in mind while they indeed go in guns blazing at the end it's still a huge fuckup on several ends, and their enemy wasn't even that powerful to begin with.

>Microsoft server
No kidding about the fuckups.

would you search for secret government conspiracy group emails on a microsoft server?

You have no idea.

We live with the radical dissonance that our governments are spending millions of our taxes to cultivate exploits in common systems for spying on us while also relying on those same compromised systems for their own and all our security.

The feds lost a huge personnel database. This particular one was concerned with the blackmail potential of federal employees. They literally wrote the book on how to subvert the entire security infrastructure with good old humint and then stored it on their servers, exploits to which they had paid hackers insane amounts of money for.

washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2015/07/09/hack-of-security-clearance-system-affected-21-5-million-people-federal-authorities-say/

Delta Green is very real. The only thing that isn't are the creatures, but they're only in it for flavor.

Anyone got the pdf downloads?

which ones?

Any or all of them?

delta-green.com/2016/02/download-delta-green-need-to-know/

Thanks for the story.

Anyone else have any stories?

Thanks.

>/dgg/ is back

Fuck yes I missed you guys

This

My new group has been suggesting I should GM CoC, but this thread (and some googling) has made me quite pumped to try Delta Green. The other books apart from the quick start rules would be greatly appreciated.

sadly only the players guid is out as far as I know, you can find that in the pdf threads.

But the old DG books are also good to read, the rules aren't THAT much different so it's easy to mod them. plus the fluff is basicaly the same they just advanced the story

>lus the fluff is basicaly the same they just advanced the story
We don't actually know this. FATE might be out, MJ might be part of DG now... it's hard to tell. No reason not to use it, but the fluff hasn't been written yet

Okay thanks, I'll check those out.

Here ya go

mediafire.com/?njg3a0ne7v130

Thank you, you beautiful person.

>>a quick primer on playing a delta green agent
Do your research. If you don't, you'll walk into something with big sharp teeth. Unless the case is time sensitive, you're allowed to take your time. Use drones. Tap phone lines.
Allies and bonds in Different agencies can be a very good thing. Being able to set up a police cordon, call in Uninitiated bureaucratic backup to obfuscate and delay is useful.
Clean up after yourself. This goes beyond not leaving footprints in the mud and shell casings on the ground. Any objects you acquire, even paperwork, should be treated like a pipe bomb. If you don't have the training, leave it to the professionals.
Untraceable weapons are good. An FBI agent in my party acquired a ghost gun after making a bureaucratic mess trying to take down a corpse. He took downtime to make a bug out bag, stuff for black ops which he doesn't touch without gloves.
Use protection this world has things in it which are dangerous to be around. If you've got the time and gear, get kitted up.

Gloves are your friends, just make sure to dispose of them well.

noice

That shows great

This picture was my first exposure to DG, and let me tell you you'really absolutely wrong

I got interested but that pic, as an explanation, is really shit

Pretty much MJ12