Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Remember to sign up for /pfg/'s official lewd Eastern themed fluffy tail game! Slots are filling up fast.
app.roll20.net/join/1698250/KPjOew

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest (ends next monday so check it out): docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B6bKY5cuGjh9VFA1OF8xVmtqWjA/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do cartomancer witch work?
Spell Deck replace familiar but do they still have familiar ability?

If not, how would "The following familiar ability works differently for a cartomancer." even make sense??

Quick! What is the lewdest character concept you want to see or play with in /pfg/'s fluffy tail eastern adventure?

Squirrel boy!

Which would you say is the best Elementalist School for the Wizard?

I'm partial to Void for those sweet save bonuses and Reveal Weakness

Wood
You get Sirocco as a spell 2 LEVELS LOWERS
The only downside is you lose Glitterdust
But the ability to swap around good Wis, Dex, and Con bonuses is also good.

Does anyone have that initiating Owlbear homebrew?

Be a sthein from Bloodforge. Those are cute sneks!

Thanks, fampai.

Yeah, that looks pretty solid. I like the spell list sniping as well.

What if I want to play a man (male?)

You're in luck, someone is already playing a dog prince.

That Sirocco part was nerfed I think.

Why hasn't pfg put out a bestiary

>That Sirocco part was nerfed I think.
>Actually paying attention to errata
you funny guy user.

Monster creation rules aren't that precise, and anything we would write would be to powerful for a group of unoptimized PCs compared to a Paizo-made enemy of the same CR.

Laziness is a better reason.

I think pfg could put together a pretty neat PoW/SoP bestiary to help people run their 3pp campaigns if they tried.

Keyword is 'if'.

Then bump up the CR to Piazo levels?

fiery dragon queen

Any inquisitions that help with AoOs ir combat maneuvers ?

Oh my god this, you'd think we would get at least one extremely voluptuous ara ara~ type, instead everyone's flat-chested and vaguely androgynous.

I need curves!

For the first time, my GM will allow me to play any Paizo race (with 15 RP limitation).

Are there any obsure and cool race that isn't Aasimar or Tiefling?

Tengu are very cool.

Nagaji

my character is a top heavy courtier, no worries

>instead everyone's flat-chested and vaguely androgynous.
Tell me more.

I'm basically playing this

What's the most fun way to play a storm caller? Lightening strikes, summoning rains and winds, thunder claps, so on. Preferably something then gets Storm Of Vengeance at the end.

Which character is yours?

I thought the Kitsune was tiny! Tiny!

The Nameless King is a fantastic example of a Storm King done right.

Ride the lightning, user.

I haven't chosen a race yet, though I lean towards kitsune. I'm waiting to learn more about the setting before I decide so that I can integrate her easily into the world without requiring the GM to mash an entire culture or historical timeline into it

Do you mean from Dark Souls 3? That's just a sword with a wind buff, and a big guy to swing it.

So, since the whole class and its options are a huge mess of over saturated rules and talents, can someone give me me advice on Kineticists?

Are there any options, both 1pp and 3pp for being able to infuse an object with a kinetic blast and then remote detonating it at will?
I'm trying to build an Avant Guard with the Time element from KoP, and I wanna be able to use time explosions to make my enemies 「Bite the Dust」

I have a few more initiating NPCs.

Where would we leave them?

The setting is clearly anthropomorphic with a hard focus on the Far East, such as Mongolia and China. Other cultures most likely exist, and from the existence of the Not!Silk Road you could probably play anything from an enterprising Westerner to a Persian brown-girl.

I'm incredibly tempted to play some sort of hardcore merchant, or missionary... I want to play *something* with a Y chromosome, I just can't figure out what!

Pretty sure one of the KoP books has a kinetic bomb infusion, but don't quote me.

The swordspear is explicitly imbued with the power of lightning, as the Nameless King was the heir of lightning and the God of Storms and War.

His first form was "The King of the Storm," user.

>His first form was "The King of the Storm," user.
That was the name of the Dragon

Also, it was less that the spear was imbued with lightning, and more that the Nameless King, being a direct son of Gwyn could conjure lightning at will and channel it through his spear and throw it as bolts

that's not hot though. that's not hot at all. that's... it's lacking all the qualities that could make something hot one way or the other.

you know what else is flat-chested and of indeterminate gender?

How would a merchant work? Would you be allowed to sell at full price? PF doesn't seem like a game that allows for mercantilism.

she would be a servant of the not!china Imperial dynasty, then - and if I can select race it would be kitsune or human (the build is very feat starved).

Legendary Kineticists has a conductive crossbow that automatically adds the Snake infusion if you choose to fire a bolt with a loaded kinetic blast.

>That was the name of the Dragon

And the Dragon was subservient or at least the close ally and compatriot of the Nameless King, making the King by extension a lord of Storms.

>Also, it was less that the spear was imbued with lightning, and more that the Nameless King, being a direct son of Gwyn could conjure lightning at will and channel it through his spear and throw it as bolts

>A dragon hunting weapon from the age of the gods. The earliest form of the cross spear, serving as both a sword and a spear. Its owner was the Nameless King, a deific hunter of dragons. The swordspear is imbued with lightning, of which he was the heir.

The Unkindled One can use the spear to launch lightning bolts, which wouldn't be possible if it was merely the Nameless King doing it.

>How would a merchant work? Would you be allowed to sell at full price? PF doesn't seem like a game that allows for mercantilism.

The rules allow for some degree of profit from exchanges, especially if you get the right traits for it (such as For The Money.)

I think it would also be really neat-o if I dual-apped with someone so my merchant had a buddy.

my diplomancer would be happy to help you by bending over tables as she convinces your trading partner to lower his prices just a liiiiittle bit more...

An orc who murders your waifus and desecrates the corpses.

>The Unkindled One can use the spear to launch lightning bolts,
You forget, you don't pick up the spear, but rather have it transposed from the King's soul.

The Art of Transposition is the ability to coalesce the essence and memories of the soul into a tangible form based upon the memory and inherent nature of the soul itself. Hence why you can transpose spells from souls, as well as weapons and items associated with the soul in question, like how you can transpose Fists from the Demon soul, the Chain ring from Gundyr, the spear and sword from the Rotted Greatwood, and Havels ring.

As such the transposed item in question is not the actual item itself, but rather the impressed and coalesced legends, memories, and concepts of the item impressed in the soul. Because the Nameless King was a master of lightning and his soul was saturated with its power from being born of Gwyn, his essence and memory was coalesced into a spear much like the one he used, and when using it to attack with or conjure lightning, you are really evoking the memory of his Soul and the power within it.

The majority of people playing in this game are varying degrees of closeted, user.

Or they think like pic related.

Possibly both.

I actually asked about making a character with a friend, because I really want to know if like, there can be 2-3 people who roll together. I'm not massively interested in being a weeb, though I don't begrudge folks that are weeb when the game explicitly is "no-holds barred" and completely accepting, so we were thinking about making a pair of Robin Hood or merchant types.

I think this might be the start of a wonderful and very profitable partnership.

With 3pp allowed, I guess you could take Spark of Creation and For the Money, go Artisan for more discounts, and wrack up cash pretty effectively. You could only sell what you create or get from battle or theft for a profit, so no buying low, selling high without GM fiat.

I might ask the GM if a merchant is possible. If not, making a smith for one of the kingdoms could be chill. Anybody know the time scale on this?

Okay, now how about in Pathfinder? You know, like the general we're in.

>Implying she won't be bending over tables for more than just money

what do you guys think of my map
trying out drawing on mountains instead of using stamps

Thrallherd powered headpat simulator.

So for the epilogue of my Rise of the Runelords campaign I'm making a Dread Lord, Dread Vampire (Nosfaratu variant), Nosfaratu-born Dhampir Cruoromancer with the Consuming Creature Template. He's assembled the Gluttonous Tome (abusing the fact that he's already undead, so it can't kill him and take him over) and taken over Xin-Gastash after tracking his ancestry there (and achieving full vamp status), and is basically planning to consume all worlds/planes, etc.

He's got a buttload of customized allies with him, but I was hoping for some inspiration/ideas as to what cool goodies I could give him from the Consuming Creature template. Thoughts?

Never mix business and pleasure user. Even if you're a whore.

what's the fun in being a chesty kitsune if you don't find occasions to let your silk kimono "accidentally" slip off of one shoulder as you bow courteously?

Hey fa/tg/uys,

I need a feat recommendation for a level 1 sorceror. I am human and took improved initiative already. And I could use some advice regarding a different 1st level spell to choose. No 3pp. This is my first time playing an arcane spellcaster.

Played my first session with him yesterday. Color-sprayed three enemies, and one party member. Dropped a bag of marbles on a guy (target) coming into the bar, tripping him. Got a guy (non-threatening) with a bear trap. Killed an enemy agent with the same bear trap. I plan to do more battlefield control, debuffing, buffing, and potentially taking out high-priority targets than blasting or anything like that.

I took the arcane bloodline, which will provide me with a few decent options for bonus feats (Combat Casting, Spell Focus, Iron Will, Still Spell), but I will get my first feat at 7th level, which is ages from now.

For feats, I took Improved Initiative--which I am happy with--and point blank shot for my rays/ranged touch attacks. I have acid splash, and I was hoping to hit better with that and do a little more damage, but I didn't use it at all in session. What would you recommend to replace Point Blank Shot?

For first level spells, I chose color spray as I have witness the glory and terror of the spell when my friends have used it. I also chose Protection from Evil/Good/Law/Chaos but I didn't use it at all, and I think that would be a better spell to get when I have more spells known. What would you recommend to temporarily replace Protection from C/L/G/E at first level?

Lolis are clearly girls, unless you're on some maniac shit.

The word you're looking for is trap.

>Protection from Evil/Good/Law/Chaos
There's no such spell. Protection from Evil, Protection from Good, etc. are all distinct spells.

I definitely am new to arcane spellcasters. I thought it you took one, you got them all, like energy resistance.

I got it! He will be a foreign dignitary under indefinite house arrest after his compatriots tried to smuggle out a box of silk worms, a crime punishable by death!

Forced to live on the alms of a kindly host in an exotic land, he will try to ally himself with whom he can to stay alive, ply his trade, and make it home exceptionally wealthy!

Craft (Clothes) seems to be a given, should I go for Jewelry and Gems too? What do you recommend for this grandmaster of his crafts?

They're just listed as one entry because the effects are the exact same, just the alignment is changed.

I'd suggest jewelry, as shinies are always a solid indicator of wealth, so people will very much want them. Artisan gets a kindasorta Fabricate, so you can make all of it pretty swiftly when you get a high enough level. How do you propose exp be given? Or are you just gonna chill at level 7? Either should be fine, really.

I'd be happy to model your wares for you at all the social galas. Your crafts will be the talk of the town.

There are a lot of things arcane casters can do my dude; which of then do you want?

If you want to focus on a certain school (color spray will serve you well until level 6 and is Illusion, for instance), setting up for Spell Focus would be good. If not, you can take Additional Traits (Initiative Booster and either a Metamagic reducer, Second Chance, or something that makes Diplomacy a class skill), Nimble Moves/Combat Casting (to help you get spells off) or Toughness (because it's level 1 and fuck it, you're squishy)

I'd choose either Sleep or Silent Image to replace Protection from Alignment: leave that shit to divine casters.

Actually, yeah. Cloth and Jewelry for your diplomancer model, who then spreads word of your skilled work. Next thing you know, you're drowning in commissions. Hell, you might become the premiere fashion designer of the setting.

I know you're writing all this one handed, but post more fox tits.

That is a super long fore-arm!

I want to be a tactician or strategist. I want to stack the odds in the favor of my party. I want to control the battlefield. I want the BBEG to be separate from his minions so that my party can either mop him up or the minions, so they don't have to deal with multiple threats.

This means anvil primary, arm secondary, and hammer tertiary.

When my friends have played arcane spellcasters, they have always been blasters. How would Silent Image be appropriately used?

Doesn't the Artisan get like, 8+Int skill points? You could easily have six Craft skills maxed out and still have points left over for the important ones.

Clothes, Jewelry, Gems, Metalcrafting, and two others sound good for being a master artisan.

>When my friends have played arcane spellcasters, they have always been blasters. How would Silent Image be appropriately used?

Effective use of illusions is all about creativity. For instance, once my party was assaulting a camp of ogres. I used ghost sound to make it seem like there was some sort of a monster in the forest, so several of them left to check it out, effectively allowing us to divide and conquer.

Remember that enemies don't automatically get to save against illusions: they either need some sort of proof that it's an illusion, or they need to interact with the illusion in some manner. This generally requires some sort of action.

>"They totes interacted with the illusion by seeing/hearing it!"

>or they need to interact with the illusion in some manner.
Ghost Sound allows a automatic save for just hearing it, it's in the spell description....

>Implying he should get craft (leather working) for "exotic" goods for more discreet clients.

Ultimate Intrigue clarified that

they do, and if you go hooman, you get an additional, and background skills are in play, and you still have your FCB. They have disgusting potential for crafting. Make your Homunculus familiar the archetype that gives them Cooperative Crafting, and you're taking 10 for almost anything.

ara ara~

>Generally
Still vague enough, and in a different source book that you'll still have those dms and players challenge you on how it works.

Looks like someone is going to be getting a PROMOTION!

The classic arcane caster, then. In that case, I'd think about taking a minor in summoning later on down the line (take Spell Focus Conjuration and Augment Summoning later), but start with Combat Casting/Nimble Moves. Take Craft Wondrous Item if your DM will let you ASAP: it is a lifesaver with downtime and your party will love you.

And how you use Silent Image, at its most basic, is this: make illusory cover. Put yourself in a box and deny LoS to enemies. Put mindless undead in a box and rob them of actions for a while. Make a bit of illusory shrubbery or a pit of blades or a giant, silent angel/demon to deter or deflect attackers. If you're fighting enemies who know a bit about spells but aren't casters themselves, fake a much higher level spell's look from afar (I enjoy using Black Tentacles for this).

Be mindful to discuss with your DM how they see illusions working, because a lot of their strength comes from player and DM imagination.

>Clockwork Engineering (Ex): (Prerequisite: artisan level 9, Craft (clockwork) 9 ranks.) You may use your Craft (clockwork) skill and artisan class feature to create clockwork constructs, such as clockwork golems, soldiers, spies, servants, leviathans, or goliaths. You do not need the Craft Construct feat. You may also perform repairs and basic modifications on your clockwork constructs.

Who needs combat ability when you can create a legion of gleaming brass soldiers to do it for you?

You're assuming you have the gold to do so

It'll take a while, but you could totally just make an army of clockwork soldiers. You'll eventually WANT to get Craft Construct, if you manage to get your constructs to bring you money, and if that can somehow earn you experience, you'll be able to make some powerful shit. Making this will also likely attract attention, so you might be made to create golems for the military.

Nope, it wasn't. Why would it be, it's a caster option.

Strange Aeons pdfs.
W H E N
H
E
N

I thought I was making a clothier and master of *high fashion*, not a veritable Renaissance man in the same vein as Leonardo Da Vinci!

I'll have to acquaint myself with the Artisan class and work out the details tonight!

Never.
The guy who updated the The trove is kill.

Fucking normalfags.

The DSP kineticists pdf released today

when will we get that one

Play an Alchemist and take the Syringe Stirge discovery.

Nah, if you're an Artisan, you'll have many crafts. Just talk to your GM about the World Forger ability you can get at level 9. It doesn't have a listed enhancement pool cost, which is pretty clearly an error. It's still possibly multiple use "I make the item as a standard action," and for a mundane crafter, that is quite powerful when such things could end up taking months.

Anyone have the link to the pdf hoard? I don't have it bookmarked on my phone

So my 6th level party just had a run-in with a stone golem. We retreated (it's in a dungeon with an exit too small for it, so it won't go anywhere) to come up with a proper strategy to dispose of it.

But then I figured, why the hell should we destroy it if there's probably some way of taking control over it? Especially since it would contribute greatly to the security of a frontier city we're working for? How should we go about that?

Party configuration is 1 barbarian, 1 paladin, 1 ranger and one beguiler (class details for pf here: drive.google.com/file/d/0B6bKY5cuGjh9VFA1OF8xVmtqWjA/edit ). We could probably get some rarer stuff or help from a dragon that is currently in control of the city (long story, can't safely polymorph out of a dragon form, needs the place to stay alive, is more or less friendly)

There's a 3rd party cavalier archetype called Inspiring commander that fits the bill. It also qualifies for the battle herald PrC without any janky multiclassing into bard. Combine that with the Dragon order, and you're Aid Another-ing seveal teammates each round for +10 bonuses, on top of barding inspiration and shared teamwork feats.

Couldn't he also craft some Tools of Amazing Manufacture and produce 2,000 gp worth of items per day? It's no World Shaper, but it's the next best thing.

Speaking of, does Minor Creation insinuate it's possible to produce an endless amount of raw building material, which can include gold or adamantine?

I don't know how golems work in pathfinder.

If they have a set of instructions in their head, like the jewish golems, then you could pin and remove the instructions, deactivating it. Then write something that you want it to do.

yeah, that's not applicable here at all.