fantasynamegenerators.com/
donjon.bin.sh/
eyewitnesstohistory.com/index.html
kennethjorgensen.com/worldbuilding/resources

/wbg/ discord: discord.gg/K3EzE

Tell us about religion:
>Who worship whom?
>Are they correct?
>Does religion give people magic powers or something? Or maybe they hate magic?

>Who worship whom?
Those living in Kanaerel and Thera primarily worship the archangels, and those in Sinaba (or the Hells themselves) primarily worship the demon lords.There's also some people living in Alant, who revere nature and the land itself.

The latter believe the land was made atop the back of a giant, world-eating snake that was slain by angels in ancient times.

>Are they correct?

The things they worship are tangible beings that can(EXTREMELY rarely) be encountered and spoken directly to. They can appear before particularly dedicated or important followers. In fact, Angels in particular are trapped within the mortal realm due to the diplomatic solution of a war between angels and demons.

The elves may or may not be correct; the only people that could corroborate their story are the angels, and they aren't telling.

>Do they give magic powers?
This is supposed to be run in D&D 5e, so yes. Each archangel has a single domain they can grant to their worshipers, while each demon lord has a handful of domains.

>Veeky Forums, how's my map going? Am I retarded?

What is supposed to be what?

The hole in the left side of the continent is the (currently inactive) Helgate. It was carved into the seafloor upon first activation, and its creation started the war between angels and demons. The agreement that ended the war has the Helgate shut on a permanent basis- but the gates of the heavens are also shut.

In the center of the continent is the angels' response to being trapped here: the holy city of Kanaerel. The city is literally tiered to separate the archangels, extremely useful angels, angels and useful mortals, and average mortals.

To the east of that is the nation of Thera, a nation of science and progress. Humans came here over a hundred years ago, and started a war with elves over how much forest they'd cut down to support their way of life. The war ended with a treaty called the Greenpeace Accords, which established the treeline on the map today and protected the remaining forests.

Eventually, south of that, centered around that lake, the nation of Alant is a primarily elven one whose racial identity has been slowly muddied over the years. They worship the land, and settled around this lake whose waters are particularly pure- and magically potent, for a mysterious reason.

Sinaba will be set in the desert to the west, near the Helgate; it was cultists from that nation that created the gaping wound in the world. That nation was started after a civil war in Thera over racism against elves, and two brothers competing for their crown after the former king died without naming an heir. The younger brother won, the older brother died, and the older's forces were so incensed and stubborn that the younger used elven assistance to pull it off that they left and made a place of their own.

That strip of badlands in the north is remaining damage from the war between angels and demons, rendered almost completely unlivable by powerful magic- this is the area that the archangels and demon lords met in battle.

This is all I've got so far.

Reposting current world design

History
- Colonists arrive at planet
- Only a portion of the colonists and their tech make planetfall
- They have their environmental suits which over time become iconic
- Over time EV Suits degrade and the replacements lost their interchangability as colonist cultures separate across the planet, becoming Hardsuits
- Colony ships and its tech are still in orbit, occasionally caches fall back down
- Countries have started bickering over the contents

Environment
- Planet is A SHIT
- Salt Flats
- Deserts
- Tiny Oasis
- Dunes
- Caustic Dust Storms
- Acid Rain
- Electrical Interference
- Ground Crystals
- Huge ore deposits

Hardsuit Standards
- Single Human Pilot assisted by an AI. AI is closer to an animal in intelligence
- Environmentally Sealed from the awful wasted lands
- Bipedal but can scoot around on knees or similar areas pads
- Minimum 3 metre tall Scouts Maximum 10 metre tall Superheavies

Areas to improve on / Reconsider?
How do you go about making a map that's not really analogous to earth?

>Who worship whom?
>Geb, God of the Earth, Earthquakes, Metals, Order, Family, Law
Worshipped mostly in Meretsegerya and by Fenrir dwarves. This faith had a civil war in near history and has two different sects now as a result. The dwarven faith is much more strict and esoteric.
>Ancanma, Goddess of Water, Sea, Magic, Moon.
Worshipped by people of Funan as a benevolent deity of balance and peace. Worshipped by Heimdallr raiders as a capricious sea-bitch who must be appeased for protection of their island and good fortunes. Worshipped by the Sea-touched (Bahrimen) and the Shadow Gnomes of the Jesde Islands.
>Mefitis, The Spirit of Fire, Hedonism, Destruction
Worship is forbidden. Worshipped secretly by people who desire easy access to magic.
>The Northern Spirit of Cold, Snow and Ice
Worshipped by the Arctic Dwarves living north of Meretsegerya
>Spirit of Nature
Worshipped by the druidic nation of Damara
>Are they correct?
Yes they all exist to a degree.
The deities grant divine magic. Some are weak like the Spirit of the North so he can only grant enough magic for the current head of the Arctic Dwarf tribe as the Shaman-Chief for example. Mefitis grants Arcane magic that consumes. Kind of like classic medieval view of black magic. Some people have the heritage of being Sea-touched and they are born with arcane magic coming from Ancanma.

These islands are off to the south east of the first pic. Occupied by the Seatouched and the Shadow Gnomes. Old ancestral lands of the Meriderha, the Sea Dragons. They are strange volcanic islands full of magic. Some say this was where Ancamna was born and she will devour the world in a maelstorm that will start here when the End comes.

>Who worship whom?
Worship is not undertaken, for all are enlightened and know of the True Divinity of the divine. It is objective.
>Are they correct?
It is objective.
Magic is Divinity.

The half dwarf Muls are not welcome in Fenrir much so they usually live in Meretsegerya and follow the more human sect of the deity Geb.

Holy shit I just realised where the term Mulatto comes from.

I'm retarded.

How did you make that map? It looks great.

I'm not him, but it looks like it was made in Inkarnate
www.inkarnate.com

With Inkarnate. There is a link in the OP. I drawn it like a decade ago when I was 14-15 and recently found it and decided to upgrade it to 5E. I posted it in /wbg/ before and some fa/tg/uys helped me with my wrong rivers. Thanks for the compliment, user.

You are rusing us, yes?

So, I need some expert advice here.
Assuming pic related is a planetary scale map, with a huge equatorial continent and one (relatively) small gap in the middle, what are the most resounding consequences this structure is going to have on climate zones, oceanic currents and such?
Does the planet need to be filled with jungles? I mean, thousand over thousand miles of jungle, and a couple deserts.

I essentially placed mountain ranges on tectonics, but overall this world looks odd, somehow - and hardly suited for civilization.
Pretty sure I'm missing something, but I feel like I'm stuck.

Campaign set in large peninsula, about the size of India. Seven large nations have developed after the fall of the Impiilios empire (rome). In the cener of the Peninsula are four main nations, Omod (Medieval poland) Acna (England) Kapfenbach (Germany) and the region that used to be Impiliios used to be developing like france, but then they got obsessed with Impiliios culture and bacame a bunch of wannabes. To the east is the nation of Iritere, which thanks to a fuckhuge mountain range between it and Acna, developed a separate culture, with the feel of Spain. In the south we have Gamerrhe, which is full of goblinoids. And sweeping in from the northen plains is the Varmid empire, basically Mongols with dragonborn. Most of the conflict arises from the treatment of magic users , in Omod and Kapfenbach they are seen them as vermin to be slaughtered, while Impiliios is indifferent to them and Acna is a straight up Magocracy.

>Who worship whom?
The main religion is analogous to greco-roman religion. Names changed but still the same with a couple extra minor deities. This is the most wide spread religion and can find followers in almost every culture.
The dwarven god got assimilated into this not!Greek/roman religion as a god of treasures, riches, and luck, and patron deity to the smiths and jewelers (and also Gamblers and thieves), although Official reconization of the dwarven god as a god is spotty.
The orks and goblins worship the war god (which has for some reason been canonized into the not!greek/roman religion. The war god is also in charge of plunder and battle spoils, and as such is also the patron god of pirates.
The next most popular religion is a sort of pagan druidism. It started out as the elven religion, but with increases I trade, the religion started gaining followers of other races.
Most non pagan magic people fake being religious or have their personal belief systems.
I haven't developed much more than that religion wise, but there is also a not!hindu
>Are they correct?
Excepting the non pagan magics who make their own in life, All seam to have benefited from their respective worships, so in universe, the answer is yes. In meta-universe, as in do they actually exist, yes as well.
There are paladins and monks that have "Devine" magic, and the pagans have their nature magic.

>Who worship whom?
The people of planet for the most part worship great dragons. These great dragons were spawned from one super being that long before modern writing broke apart to better protect the planet as separate yet powerful dragons. There are all sorts of heresies though.

>Are they correct?
Each culture feels that their respective dragon is the top dragon. They would never disregard the other dragons though. Religious wars are rare between big nations because of this. Heretical sects, cities, and nations are quickly dispatched by larger nations.

None of the religious branches hate magic. Some focus more on the art of magic. A group of cities in a place called the Silver Desert have a shared religion/philosophy that magic is a gift from the dragon, Akath to mankind. Through great practice and discipline, anyone could obtain great magical powers and ascend to god-status like the dragons. No one has come close... that hasn't stopped or slowed anyone down though.

Here is the base map of the setting. Each of the colored pieces are nations: whether it is an empire, kingdom, or simply a large area claimed by powerful tribes

The cities

And finally the religions. Henotheism is the largest strain of religious, with polytheism being the next most common

>religion
not technically a religion but most follow the teachings of a primal spirit whom are servants to a monotheistic deity only known as the Creator (im bad with names).

anyways some the primal spirits they follow in question are:
>Lightbringer, The One Most Loyal, Bane of the Undead, Deliverer of Authority, The Slayer
His followers first and foremost HATE undead. So much as they formed Chapters of Crusaders to find and purge them beyond borders and refuse to open up diplomatic relations with others unless they renounce their practices of necromancy or destroyed. Other than that, they are generally taught to be disciplined, as each and every citizen are able bodied for the defense of their realm, mostly from undead and the worshippers of the False Ones. They have no large churches or Cathedrals (barring the Government House in their capital, Halifax) as they usually have holy sites and ritual circles they deem sacred to the Creator. Those chosen by Lightbringer are brought to the Spirit Realm to be his champions to battle the False Ones, keeping them at bay from the Material Plane.

>Earth Mother, Father of Beasts, The Great Tree, Master of the Hunt, Feymother
Worshippers of the Earth Mother usually refer the feminine aspect of this primal spirit despite the masculine aspects of it. Some believe them to actually be twins or have a duality aspect in them but i digress. They follow it if they want to respect nature and decide to be one with it. Some tend to the beastial side of the teachings, some more to the floral. Except for the purists, logging and hunting is a necessary sacrifice to the survival of its followers; but wide deforestation or killing beasts for sport will start a Hunt for the perpetrators as the Earth Mother commands

cont.

>Suriya, The Sun Lord, Bearer of Grudges, He Who Gives Strength, Avatar of War
For those who want to gain great strength or hardy souls finding a way to empower themselves go to him. They value honour and loyalty above all else. All those who renounced his teachings are never forgiven who they sought to destroy. Some theorized that he was once a False One who ascended after he swore his loyalty to the Creator.

>The Lunar Dragon, Dragon of the North, Father of Knowledge, He Who Decieves, Master of Intrigue
About half of his followers were former followers of Surya, which gains him notoriety against the latter. They are thought to value knowledge, hoard them and apply them for new knowledge and technology. Though, some are more interested in his aspect of Intrigue, so they can be hard to trust to those outside his teachings