What is the best chapter

what is the best original (first founding) chapter?
and just why is it the wolfing space wolves?
i mean besides being pseudo space vikings.
and werewolves (kinda)
and wolfs. and partying, wolf partying.

Hey isn't that the guy who got ktfo the fuck out by the Lion?

First legion best legion

Prepare thineself for the Dangels.

If I personally got to be a member of any one I'd prolly want to be a Space Wolf. Then I could have the best of supersoldiers and barbarians in one. Also all the wolf I could wolf wolfing wolf.

Best loyalist 1st founders are those who aren't uptight cunts all the time. So basically everyone but Dark Angels, Fists, Iron Hands, and Ultras.

Also, I'm gonna say it now, leave your primarchs out of this debate. Stand on your chapter's merits, not your primarch's. Everyone admits Russ was a dickwad.

None other then the Silver Skulls are the best chapter to originate from the first founding.

Go fuck a wolf you god damned furry.

Not first founding. At all.

>canon beardless

What a faggot.

I would rebuke this and say something about them being Iron Warriors and therefore the best but I can not argue with quints of truth.

Good job destroying all the priceless and irreplaceable archives of knowledge on prospero, asshole.

Irrelevant. Every chapter that doesn't share a name with one of 18 legions is not first founding.

Yeah I mean even if they are IW successors, they're still successors. The only way they'd be first founding is if they were still IWs.

Hi, nocaps pleb.

You just listed everything that makes them corny and shitty.

Best first founding? The Imperial Fists. Hardcore grinders that defended the Imperial Palace, don't have a stupid rl cultural/historical theme pasted all over them, spawned numerous reliable later foundings (badasses like the Black Templars and Crimson Fists), cool colour scheme, recruit from cool places like Necromunda, and the all-time best 40k novel was written about them.

Quintsanon, he's probaby alluding to the alleged Iron Warrior ancetry.

To be fair the first founding legions did change their original names and while mostly the traitor legions did, loyalist legion like the Iron Hands probably did as well.

OP might be a fag, but SW a best.

>Numerous executions of traitor Primarchs
None actually because Russ never killed any Primarch. Also failed to take Magnus in a fight, and would have died had he not been using fucking women as a shield.

Fists were amazing enough to be wiped out to a man and replaced by their successors.

Also even if Silver Skulls are Pert's gene-sons that still would only make them 2nd founding, since they're not STILL the Iron Warriors.

That's funny talk coming from a Chapter inspired by a homosexual poem.

I loved how you rebuked the parody copypasta. C'mon dude, s'all fun and games here.

Incidentally I'm guess you're repping the Lion? Deathwing there?

>not recognizing the copy pasta

Thousand Sons

>Inquisition 'I' on his head
>Deathwing
Did I miss something?

You know, OP? I feel like you're trying to imply that the 10th company of the Luna Wolves isn't the greatest bunch of guys in the galaxy.
Luna Wolves FOREVER

I really hope they release dlc for different chapters and enemies. I want to be Salamander or Blood Angel killing genestealers or daemons.

Huh, that IS weird. I mean, they ARE Deathwing. This is a screenshot of the new Deathwing game. What's that =][= doing there?

9th Legion up in this bitch

Bonus points if they let you do a Deathwatch kill-team. Hands across the water, battle-brother from another gene-father.

>replaced by their successors

Yes, because every other first founding chapter consists solely of the original members from the Great Crusade era.

As long as they have the Primarch's geneseed then it's just another batch of new recruits. All those Chapters are descended from the original Legion anyway, so they're just giving back.

If they'd been replaced by some other Chapter entirely with a different Primarch, now that would be a mark against them. As it stands though, going down fighting like that only shows badass committment, and without the author fiat that the Ultrasmurfs and Blood Angels get.

Obviously, but you know what I mean.

I imagine there's some amount of armor customization, and there's a helmet that's fluffed as being Inqusition somehow. Hence the symbol.

Probably took it from some IG guy they fucking murked for snooping around the Rock.

Well put, Dorn-son.

>IG guy
I mean Inquisitor. The fuck.

>Entire chapter gets destroyed Alderaan style except for one member

Combined with the Iron Cage among other things and you see the Imperial Fista have bad luck with catastrophic defeats. Almost makes me think that the Lamentors are IF descendants.

>What is ex-Deathwatch Veterans for 5,000 Alex

Before it went into wankery and namefagging, it was pretty fucking good.

Still need to build a Kill Team of them one of these days for a ZM board.

Love these guys. I like how they're not just ONE nautical theme, but a beautiful mixture.

Honestly, I feel like they exemplify "Space Marine" better than any other chapter, and they have an cool gimmick.

>I feel like they exemplify "Space Marine" better than any other chapter
The Smurfs would like a word with you

And they practice something we don't tend to see with Space Marines, and that's being Space Mariners specializing in ship-to-ship boarding action. It gives them a unique flavor, an unusual niche to fill, and further reinforces their nautical theming.

That's not the Inquisition's =][=. That looks like the Deathwatch =I=. Pic related is the Inquisition =][=.

True

I'm a sucker for the tragic heroes.
>For those we cherish we die in glory!

The Smurfs are too patrician. They're not war machines built to carve humanities place in the galaxy. Or at least, they act like they're better than that.

I just feel like the Iron Hands kinda squander the idea behind the space marines. I'm sure their augmetics are quite nice, but I feel like I'd trust more in power-armored muscle backed up by fancy organs than just pure robotics that are just bulked-up AdMech augmetics.

Of course this is just an in-lore reason. Iron Hands fans enjoy your army of social-darwinist cyborgs.

I prefer the White Scars.
>Go F A S T
>Cool Mongol theme.
>Special Terminator unit that chills with the Khan.
I wish they'd stop jobbing to the Tau and out Asian them already. Also, I hope there's Keshig DLC for Deathwing.

Also points of J-Kizzle for being one of the most underrated and cool-guy Primarchs. Honestly the White Scars can Asian it up all they want but I think too often they're just stereotyped as "they're mongolian, that's it". They're fucking cool philosopher-barbarians who play by their own rules while still being loyal! That's awesome!

>Transloyal heretics who are team killing dicks
>best legion

Pick one user, your taste is as bad as the space wolves

You lion lovers are just as furtastic

I prefer them now, after Kardan Stronos does his reforms of the chapter. It's just about being hateful of fucking everything, not just yourself.

At least they're not Mary Sue unrealistic faggots like whoever you like

Guard>Space mary sues

Except the Lion is entirely metaphorical. Dark Angels do not ride lions into battle, wear lionskins, have lion names (besides their Primarch), or do anything really involving lions. Meanwhile the Space Wolves have fucking Wolves shoved into everything, to the point they ride on the backs of fucking wolves.

This I fucking love the whitescars.

Damn right. Imagine, just riding around with your bros by day, racing and chuckling, then doing some sweet poetry and philosophy in your downtime. And no one ever bothers you, because you're so 'inscrutable' and 'barbaric'.

I like how individualistic the Space Wolves are. Each marine from Blood Claws to Wolf Lords are expected to be their own heroes with personalized equipment and armor. This makes them a blast to model since they are a lot less monotonous than normal Space Marines. Out of the ~50 SW models I have, I think only two share the same head. It really does feel like 'your dudes' when you can differentiate each marine in your army.

It's also nice that their chapter is ruled by a council of legendary yet charismatic warriors and their Great Wolf is elected not only for his combat skills, but also for his people skills, which is a rarity when a lot of chapters are led by paranoid autists with trigger happy murder boners.

Cardinal Knights

/thread

>party wolf is in da den tonight
>every wolf just have a wolf time (yeah)
>and we gonna make lose your mind (yeah)
>we just wanna see you......Russ that!

Joking aside i love SW. They're the only one who don't take themselves seriously because they know theirs is a fucked up universe

>mutated piece of shit indistinguishable from something the Eye of Terror shat out
>allowed to exist

Plot armor is powerful in 40K indeed.

They used to. Then Russ left them because they weren't talking things seriously. It's in Parting of the Ways.

(You) #
Except the Lion is entirely metaphorical. Dark Angels do not ride lions into battle, wear lionskins

You lie, dork angels are all liars

Weird, tried to green text your snippit and it directed it at one of my posts, fuck you iPod

Besides being self-lying hypocrytes and a bunch of assholes that does not acknowledge their own mistakes. Srsly if you want manly loyalist marines that are not asshats go for Scars. Or Fists.

>You lie, dork angels are all liars
REPENT MOTERFUCKER!

Go back to the closet asmodai

Space Wolf damage control is legendary

Great audio that one.

You laugh now, lionlover, but just wait until next addition when it's revealed the Fallen are all actually lion mutants, and the Ravenwing starts riding lightninglions into battle, and the Deathwing gets lionblades.

I hate both chapters equally, you have terrible taste user

They have a bird fetish as much as they do lions so the raven wing would ride actual ravens lol

They're not going to give Dark Angels a fur gimmick. That would be counterproductive.

Dark Angels have always been the chapter for adults interested in the hobby. Their character and backstory is among the most opaque and open to interpretation in the setting and touches on genuinely mature themes. Even their very name is a sly reference to an English poet that you probably hadn't even heard of before.

So no, they aren't going to give Dark Angels an animal theme. Brightly coloured animals are what you put on things that are meant to appeal to children.

Oh of course, good connoisseur of toy soldiers. Your taste in space knights marks you as a man to be respected and heeded.

Three. The story really gets going.

>unironically being a furry
Step aside for true best legion/chapter, wolf fucker

1. Salamanders.

2. Iron Hands.

3. Raptors.

Nobody else matters. Black Templars and Space Wolves are tied for worst chapter.

Ultramarines have already been posted user

Ask the general thread what they think about Tau, and you'll see that people already widely believe that GW tailor certain factions to appeal to the maturity and inclinations of particular customers.

In the same way that Tau and Space Wolves are especially childish factions for the setting, Dark Angels are more mature.

Tau players aren't defensive about this. They largely accept that their factions failings. Why can't Space Wolf players do the same?

Tau players are worse then Space Wolves.

HAHAHAHAHAHA LOOK EVERYONE, LAUGH AT THE TRANSLOYAL FAGGOT AUTIST WITH ME

They're equally shit

This has to be a joke.

Based chapter.

Khan was reasonable about warp studies compared to Magnus.

legion bros with 1k Sons and supported the psyker side at Nikea

Damnit, GW, why you no love White Scars? Give them more literature and shit.

Space Wolves are bro tier, friendly, go out of there way to save citizens and guard, jolly, partying, real men

The issue they have is they have lost the Viking theme and the people writing them are fucking addicted to putting "wolf" on everything

>Inquisition tries to fuck with SW
>Get fucking raped by Logan
Yeah, they won't be trying that shit again

Also, the Wulfen are all but immune to the taint of Chaos so don't go looking for traitors/mutants there.

yeah, and those "animal spirits" of Fenris totally aren't daemons.

This bugs me, if any primarchs are gonna have beards, russ should be 1, but apparently NONE do... fuck off

>my le ebin le werewolf le vikings are immune to chaos taint despite being literal mutants
Fanfiction tier

>apparently NONE do
Who is the Khan?

Wisely spoken Alpharius, my brother.

Khan does
Pretty sure Dorn does

If the Inquisition wanted the Wolves gone, it wouldn't take them a week.
The whole "Wolves killed Inquisitors and now everyones is too scurred to mes with them" is horrible writing and should never beeen handed through to print.

Space Wolves are loyal to Big-E, unlike the little lion's ladyboys

>Dark Angels are more mature.
Now you're just being ridiculous

So are the Soul Drinkers. Doesn't change the fact that they're disgusting mutants

>If the Inquisition wanted the Wolves gone, it wouldn't take them a week

Yeah, no. The Fang is almost as formidable as the Imperial Palace, there are like 2000 Space Wolves, their serfs are trained to fight, plus there is Fenris itself, the deathliest Death World out there.

It's also canon that the Space Wolves have the most drednoughts and the largest Space Marine fleet.

>Thousand Sons regularly go in and wreck the place
>implying the Inquisition couldn't do the same, especially when they enlist the minotaurs