/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Edition Edition

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League season 5 is in its final round, playoffs soon.

Secret League season 2 is live and in round 2

Stunty League signups going on now!

Kickoff event is Halloween: ITS GONNA GET SPOOKY.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Cknoor's tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10178
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQyJ7GatRktn-xGWDc-kHamrwxeAtb2_dr5xPiOEznQ/edit#gid=0
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=905676
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=905730
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=905733
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=905819
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=905824
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=905856
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jim & Bob newsletter just came. Will it be a customisable Elf sprue?

Season 1. Don't like the sound of that, it will be "pay £30 for another piece of the CRP each six months"

Thank god we have the original one at the ready at all times.

>All those elf teams

BAH.

What a time to have pointy ears.

>Not shown in pic: Two Pestigors and a Beast of Nurgle hot on his 4 MV ass.

Stunty leeg signups are open, starts on Monday.
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10178
Current teams:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQyJ7GatRktn-xGWDc-kHamrwxeAtb2_dr5xPiOEznQ/edit#gid=0

this isn't news

but there's roster changes

>Cmonkey: "DON'T ANYONE PLAY GNOBLARS BUT ME GUYS IM REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS"
>farts around for half a week before making a team
>Tooby immediately makes a Gnoblar team too

pottery

Cmonkey is the fag who wanted to ape me but he applied with his team after I did.

Sorry for being kill and delaying both leagues so badly everybody. I've got messages sent to Pizza and Ignored and I'm gonna try to get my games turned around as soon as I can.

So McBobson is alive, but suppertime actually PM'd me saying he was gonna quit the league because a single engineer died that he has enough money to replace.

should have known. account from 2012 and only 1 game played. looks like someone's trying to crash this league

They did the same in Season 2, but we got some ogre fun out of it. On the bright side he got his game for this round out of the way first.

Eh, replaced him already with the Stand in for now. If he wants back in he can PM for his spot again.

Let it be known
That on Sunday at 15:00 fumbbl time
coaches LogicsFate and Tooby
shall play not one game but two
for fate has matched them up in both Veeky Forums leagues.

Considering he didn't even take any of the fun options for his teams besides the one singular chainsaw; he was doomed to a lesser amount of enjoyment the moment he started.

Which generic Big Guys are worth taking?

t. Tooby

You turbo buttpirate

Suppertime was Special Ed all along

>Sunday

Tooby-Boy vs Better Logics Than Good
SATURDAY, tomorrow.

OOPS
In my defense tomorrow is Sunday for me now

Always a good idea tier
Ogre on humans
Krox on lizards
Troll on underworld
Trolls on goblins
Trees on halflings
Ogres on ogre
BoN on nurgle

Can be useful tier
1-2 big guys on chaos pact
Troll on higher tv Orcs
Krox on slann

Maybe tier
Yeti on norse
Rogre on skaven
Tree on welf
Mino on chaos

Oh shit nigger what are you doing tier
Mino on chorfs
All 3 big guys in chaos pact
Troll on low tv orcs

laffin at u

>Troll on higher tv Orcs

Why high team value?

>Mino on chaos

Why only maybe?

Orcs troll doesnt offer much at low tv when you could just have all Black orcs and blitzers out of the box, but higher tv offers a scoring threat with a goblin in desperate situations and a good los fodder for clawpomb with st5 and regen.

Chaos mino gets M on normal rolls, the only mino that can on any team which is a great boon for chaos for having a st5 road block or a st6 blitzer, but the team as a whole is strong at 12 players with no mino and doesn't have to worry about wild animal trigger wasting an action or frenzy into a bad spot.

the minotaur is armor 8, so you don't want to put him on the line, which means you need to use him as a blitzer and 1/6 of the time he's going to do nothing. and most of the time you don't really need the st6 blitz, a st4 blitz from a warrior or beastman is guaranteed, you can rereoll it, and you won't have to deal with frenzy fucking you

what? I didn't quit because of a cas in season 2, I got too busy with irl shit to even log onto fumbbl

nope, down 13 spp and an important body in a short league is no fun

t. big fucking baby

do you play out death spirals?

>death spiral
>has enough money to buy the player back
>muh spp
You are just a little bitch

>do you play out death spirals?

YES

Did I sign up for a league?

YES

Then I'm going to play it out, I committed. I've had tournaments where I lost an AV9/leveled player almost every game taking with it all my gold and most of my spp. Did I puss out like a bitch? Fuck that, I finished the season AND THEN retired that cursed team so hard nuffle flinched.

ALSO, 13 spp and a dwarf isn't a death spiral, especially when you only have 1 maybe 2 more games to go. That's just sad.

>dat special dices
Nice creativity partner.

Does mighty blow work with attacker down?

Yes and so does claw. So even blocking a clawpomb player is risky if you roll skulls. [spolier]RIP Luda and Snacks[/spoiler]

Okay im too drunk to spell and going to sleep before my match.

Thanks for telling me, we haven't played it like that.

I had 4 players die in the first game of the first season of secret, and all of them were more expensive than your one dead lineman.

I played out the rest of my season and didn't lose a single game.

I'm still playing them this season.

I think, perhaps, that Blood Bowl isn't for you. Either try and look at the game with a different attitude, or just drop the game and move on to stuff that stresses you out less.

So how fast do you think new BB will sink with all these current GW financial problems?

Would those be the same problems that we've been saying are going to sink the company for 20 years or are these brand new ones?

if they sold metal minis id buy the shit out of them

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=905676
snotlings vs av9 elves

One of those died to a dodge trip, just saying.

I know but i found out that game that MB and Claw apply to attacker down.

>Would those be the same problems that we've been saying are going to sink the company for 20 years or are these brand new ones?
Well, I mean:
- Brexit
- Falling sales
- Unpopularity (for Blood Bowl)
And GW competitors are much stronger now, honestly, I cannot see how new Blood Bowl with bad rules and FW prices will find the way outside GW stores.

Is fumbbl fucked?

Did Europeans change time already? Because by my clocks the game shouldn't be for another 20 minutes. Also my meeting ran late, and I'm sitting behind a train and the library is like 30 minutes away. Sorry games going to be late.

Might have been late regardless, fumbbl is fucked up right now.

Clocks went back on the 30th.

Yeah, last week. Fumbbl server time adjusted too I think.
What's happening?

Surprise match between Brusko's Tsirkus and Hall of Femur in 10 minutes!

Might be premature, sorry Werter. If you're not having trouble accessing fumbbl, then it may just be me. I was able to get on once, messaged, and then it went right back to my main page never loading.

I can't even get onto the IRC server.

Well... I can be around for some time, if not then i guess sometime during the week, probably the very end of it tho.

Alright, got in again and could open a java window, but the site still isn't loading so I can't send you a PM or anything.

We'll give this a try, if not we can try to pick it up again at a later date.

GN secret

I think it's fucked

Yea, thing froze up on me while loading assets and now I can't get back in.

Sorry man, we'll have to do a raincheck.

All right then, hit me up on fumbbl once it starts wokring properly. But as i said, i am rather short on time this week until like friday.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=905730
Is that a Double Feature!?
How time efficient!
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=905733

> new Blood Bowl with bad rules and FW prices will find the way outside GW stores.

The only thing they have changed from the NAF ruleset is the price of the Human Catchers, which needed something anyway.

As for prices, have you ever fucking seen the average price of a full BB team from Impact or Heresy? They are NOT cheap.
I was looking at £70 for a full Slaan team for this years IRL BB league, and that's BEFORE Brexit.

Which won't change anything really since GW get by on UK model sales and royalties off selling on their license, video games and the like.

>They are NOT cheap.
And FW aren't cheap even from GW standarts.

>last thread there are a ton of posts which are fighting the anti-pixel hugger tirade
>explaining that playing out from a severe disadvantage is not enjoyable
>everyone agrees that this is fine

>this thread is nothing but bullying

you guys are bipolar as fuck and given that there already was a sub there is no issue and you are still toxic crybabies

>And GW competitors are much stronger now
tfw privateer press has board meetings with the ceo crying because he doesn't know if they can pay their staff

age of sigmar is a fad, we'll get 9th edition before January 2016

the bb boxset is going to be 70 pounds

strap on your undies, we're going in hot

There was no sub and nobody said it was ok. Suppertime is a baby back bitch. You are not in a death spiral. You lost ONE lineman.

Stop lying on the internet

blood bowl 2 has 500 coaches online right now
fumbbl has 80

what went wrong and how do we fix it

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=905819

get in before the blood.

You fix it by playing bb2

>people posting anonymously all have different opinions

That said, there is a worthwhile distinction, this dude was getting upset over a lineman stealing mvps and then dying, not even remotely comparable to something like what fucking happened to the Red Fang Rockets. Mauled would have been completely within his rights to retire that team and start fresh, but it doesn't seem like he plans to, so good for him.

double feature

Dem Dorfs Man vs Apes of Mcgrath

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=905824

SUPPERTIME IS AYYLOL3MAO!!
The faggot just keeps coming back. How do we kill him for good?

Dem Dorfs Man vs Apes of Mcgrath

ends 2-0 in favor of the apes

dwarf armor aint all its cracked up to be hahaaaa

We must bully them harder.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=905856

I talking not about PP, but about who holds board game market.

>the bb boxset is going to be 70 pounds
And it's supposed to be cheap?

That is pretty heavy for a board game. What the fuck are they making the minis out of for it to weigh so much?

>What the fuck are they making the minis out of for it to weigh so much?
They are turning them into BRILLIANT MINIATURES!

Match ended 1:0 for IDYTT

Thinking about starting blood bowl for the new release, what are the teams like?

Boo, and now there is no o e around to recap for the finals.

Wait until Lizardmen come out, then play them.

What like all the teams?

The first two are orc and human. They are both average teams. Orcs have more strength and less skills, more armor and less speed. But still have the agility to make the occasional pass or dodge plays.

Humans are so jack of all trades it hurts. They get free rerolls for a lot of actions and can change up their strats on the fly depending on their opponent.

Who ever did recaps?

Tendril.

>Board game market
>Comparing it to miniature wargames

Dude, first of your trying to compare two different hobbies. Secondly, the board game category is so vastly bigger than miniature wargames its not even comparable to begin with.
Who do you know that doesn't own a board game of any sort? Now ask that question again but with miniature wargames.... You get what I'm saying?

>Humans
Flexible. A human team can be built to cover a wide variety of roles. Also, some really good star player access.
Not unrelated personal anecdote, I fucking HATE having to deal with Might Zug.

>Orcs
Heavy Armour everywhere makes for a team that'll stay on the pitch and in their leagues long enough for everyone to get some skills eventually.
Except the goblin. He'll go splat or the Troll will eat him sooner or later.
Black Orcs are your wall, Blitzers are your scorers (sometimes the goblin when your opponent forgets how Throw Teamate works) and a Thrower with Strong Arm, Accurate and Pass can make an opponent go "Wait what the fuck do you mean four plus with a reroll?" quicker than anyone.

>Chaos
After about 20 to 24 games, a Chaos team will be unwinnable murder with an unholy mass of Claw, Mighty Blow and god knows what the fuck else. Once they reach critical mass, Chaos will murder everything. In the universe. Everything.

>Pro Elves
FUCKING ELVES!

>Undead
You have roadblocks/kickers/foulers in the form of Zombies, you have decent Blitzers in the form of Wights, AMAZING frontline blockers in the form of Mummies and then there's Skeletons who are there I guess?

>Wood Elves
FUCKING WARDANCERS!

>Dwarves
Nothing stops a drive better than a well positioned Dwarf lineup. But with that lack of mobility, the margin between good and bad positioning is RAZOR THIN.
If your Deathroller doesn't get a double on his first skill up for block, fire him and get a new one.

>Skaven
Imagine a human team. Now make them TOO FAST and TOO FURIOUS. Skaven Gutter Runners are INFAMOUS for their high agility and unmatched movement allowance.

>Halflings
Ah flings, the team that puts all other teams problems into some fucking perspective. Start your lineup with 400k left in the bank and use the difference in team value to buy Deeproot Strongarm and a Halfling Chef.
And don't get attached to your guys. They won't be around long.

That covers the basic races.

Part 2 of Now for some of the newish teams.

>Amazons
Everyone get's dodge, but they lack easy big guy access. But everyone is armour 7 and speed 6 and Agility 3. No exceptions.

>Chaos Dwarf
A more forgiving type of Dwarf, with your Chaos Dwarf's low speed covered by hobgoblins average speed, and your hobgoblins poor armour covered by your Chaos Dwarves.
And if things go completely to shit? Send in your Bull Centaurs to stomp it.

>Dark Elf
FUCKING BLODGING ELVES!

>High Elf
WHAT THE FUCK DO MEAN YOU HAVE FUCKING "SAFE THROW" YOU SHITTING DAGGER EARRED PERFUME EATING TREEFUCKER

>Khemri
Really tempted to add these to the joke teams list now that they lost Mummies. Low agility across the board with easy access to 4 Str 5 players in the form of Tomb Guardians, but they used to be Mummies, and have since traded Mighty Blow for Decay and a bit more speed. This is not a great swap. A difficult team.

>Lizardmen
You have 6 Str4 blockers. They are Ag1. They have one job and that's to hit things and get block on their first skill up. Then you have skinks, who are fast.
Note: Skinks are not gutter runners.
Kroxigor is also one of the best Big Guys in the game.

>Necroooomantic
The Hammer Horror Undead team. You keep Undeads Wights, Ghouls and Zombies (oh yeah, Undead have Ghouls don't they. Well whatever) but add Werewolves and Flesh Golems. Flesh Golems are Str4 with stand firm. Give them Guard and watch that frontline never goddamn move. Werewolves however are the real stars of the show, Speed 8 with Claw and Frenzy. They'll be scoring and causing casualties the most out of anyone in your team and most Necro teams see a disproportion of SPP weighted towards them as a result. BE CAREFUL OF GODDAMN FRENZY AND FOR THE LOVE OF CRIST GIVE THEM SIDESTEP AFTER BLOCK AND DODGE.
SHADOWING AND TACKLE ARE COOL TOO.

>Norse
Like Amazons but everyone has block.
Unlike Amazons in that they have a big guy, St4 access some Speed 7 really good starter team.

There's no need to be so rude towards elvenkind

continued

>Nurgle
Nurgle teams on rainy days shut the ball down Right down. If you can remember to make your opponent roll for Foul Appearance every time then: a) Well done, none of us ever managed it and b) your opponent is going to hate you. The Nurgle Warriors aren't as all round good as Chaos Warriors, but they're pretty hitty.

Look, just let me get over my 2-4 loss against a Pro Elf team and their Elvish bullshit last thursday in my own way okay?

Next Up: The Joke Teams. AKA You want a challenge do you? AKA You want an excuse for your losing streak.

>Halflings
See >Goblin
Oh god Goblins can be fucking terrifying sometimes. Chainsaws, Ball on Chains, Pogo Sticks, Bombs and Multiple Trolls oh my.
Same rules as Halflings go to 600k at the start, and use the inducements to buy cheap star players and bribes to keep your secret weapons in the game. Goblins force your opponent to think very differently about how he plays the game leverage that to your advantage.

>Ogre
A team full of Ogres? Great! Except when they all fail their bonehead rolls!
Snotlings are actually really spawny bastards so long as you make sure they NEVER finish a turn in an enemy tackle zone. One day though you get a Ag increase on an Ogre and BOOM next stop Break Tackle and you have a scoring monster.
No literally.
It's a scoring monster.

>Vampire
Vampires are really good, and incredibly lethal. Sometimes, to your own players. If you can manage Bloodlust though, then this is a team that can actually really go far. They're still really hard though.

Next up: the rest of them.

AND THE REST!

>Chaos Pact

One of the teams that makes use of the animosity rules, Pact has a grab bag of various races. Not least of which is access to an Ogre, Troll and Mino. They also get access to a single Goblin, Elf and Skaven (because Mv7 I guess?) The Elf's usefulness is obvious, but don't discount the a Goblin with mutation access. Big Hand is hilarious. Pact Marauders get probably the best skill access of any lineman.

>Slaan

Nowhere is safe. Everyone has leap. Everyone also costs a fucking bomb. Slaan teams aren't ever ready out of box, they are AT LEAST a two or three year investment. Blitzers for example get amazing skill access, but don't start with Block. Diving Tackle and Jump Up is a good combo, but as starting skills?
The catchers get Ag4 and Diving Catch, now that IS good.
Slaan rival Elves in scoring speed and ability, but they lack the all round agility 4 that Elves have, relying on their catchers instead to get things going.
Oh, and you're also going to want to hand off to the Blitzrs for the odd TD to level them up too.
There are few better cage breakers than a levelled up Slaan team.
But "levelled up" takes a while and a LOT of gold.

>Underworld

A goblin team without chainsaws, but with mutation access and some Skaven positionals for your line of Scrimmage. If that sounds like you're thing, go for it.
I'll say this though. NOBODY expects the Goblin with horns and claw!

Everyone in season 5, have this official trophy to add to your teams!

Bored time to play some BB2

Turn 1 - I get a blitz
Turn 2 - He calls me a bitch
Turn 3- He tries to foul through a 6+ pick up roll
Turn 4- HAHA no turn 4 he concedes.

Do I have it in me for another round or does someone want to play on fumbbl?

if you're in ranked what tv is your team my son