Who is the examplar of masculinity in your setting?

Who is the examplar of masculinity in your setting?
What do your characters consider to be manly values?

A thread died for this.

>not posting the best statue of Guan Yu

with regard to your question it largely revolves around the domains of the male gods of the pantheon, this means leadership ability, skill in your chosen profession, and sound wisdom and knowledge. Nothing unusual

Who is this magnificent Oriental? I'm ashamed at never having heard of him.

As for exemplars of masculinity, pic related. Not my setting, but I appreciate the focus on masculinity being centered around confidence.

Guan Yu.

He was a Chink general so Honourable he became a god.

He inspired by Hobgoblin God.

It's Guan Yu; he's basically a war god.

>Who is this magnificent Oriental? I'm ashamed at never having heard of him.
Guan Yu, The Saint of War
date of birth unknown, date of death 220 AD, was later deified

As a god he blesses those who act with honour and righteousness, small shrines to him are common across Asia.

The paragon of manliness in my setting is based on Admiral 이순신 or Admiral Lee for those of you who can't read korean. The ideal traits for masculinity in setting are loyalty, cunning/intelligence , and strength.

His statue for those who are interested

Temujin.

Except my group isn't good at catching be so he's literally just called Jhenjhis. Not the real thing, but barbarian ancestral hero who wed the daughter of a goddess.

Haven't made it obvious, but any time my barbarian is talking about "what a hero would do" or "figure of legend", or just "badass motherducker", he's mentioned.

>wed the daughter of a goddess.
God. We'd the daughter of the dragon god of sky and sea.

Is this the guy who lead a successful maritime campaign against Japan, despite numerous bureaucratic sabotages and not actually being a sailor?

Tie between the current Sun Emperor and the ""paladin"" called Holy Wrath.

A total asshole who spent decades as a bandit during the Three Kingdoms period. His main accomplishment is refusing to obey his lord's command to hand over the province he was a governor of to his lord's ally, Sun Quan. This caused Sun Quan to break the alliance with Guan Yu's lord and sworn brother, Liu Bei, and attack the province while Guan Yu was campaigning against the third kingdom, Wei. The province was lost, Guan Yu was captured and slain. Liu Bei launched a campaign to avenge his brother, which indirectly caused the death of his other sworn brother, Zhang Fei. The campaign failed, much resources were wasted and Liu Bei died shortly after. The alliance with Sun Quan was re-established afterwards.

>knows about punchline is machismo
>doesn't know about Dynasty Warriors

The fuck is wrong with you white people?

>doesn't know about Dynasty Warriors

I think you mean Romance of the Three Kingdoms, upon which Dynasty Warriors is based.

I'm Chinese. I purposely said Dynasty Warriors because EVERYONE fucking knows what that video game is. Not everyone knows what Romance is.

you know that movie the 13 assassins? that one guy who obeyed his lord until the end even though he was a massive asshole sometimes? that my ideal of manliness. feel free to call we a weeb or whatever but getting behind someone/idea you believe in and being willing to die for it is the epitome of manliness in my mind

>What do your characters consider to be manly values?
Same things I do.

A man must be
>swift as a coursing river
>with all the force of a great typhoon
>with all the strength of a raging fire
>mysterious as the dark side of the moon

I would think Veeky Forums would be more familiar with the RotTK grand strategy games as opposed to Dynasty Warriors. We aren't a bunch of underage /v/irgins with attention deficits.

t. Sun Quan

>mows lawns full of wild pokemon
>beats the shit out animals with super powers with a fish
>until said fish becomes a sea dragon
>sea dragon becomes world's largest because he's a great dad
>works to rehabilitate badasses with commander badass
>goes on crazy ass adventures with command badass and holds his own

Jared is fucking manly as fuck.

In my setting men that allow their wifes to be impregnated by other men are the manliest as they understand their place and allow women to fulfill their destiny as embodiment of mother nature.

That setting doesn't exist, you're just trolling by perpetuating the shitty cuck meme.

Kys.