Warhammer 40k General

2TEQ4ME edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Anybody there?

What does it smell like?

Better than your ass and mouth, which smell the same.

Time to most post the most pitiful Batrep ever:

2/5
Its bad and I don't care.

3/5

fucking neckbeards, its sad because the people that made warhammer and 40k had actual history degrees or wrote the thing from the none existant ground.

Seriously Gold Digger cant do his job for shit, if it where up to me I would had gotten Andy Chambers or even McNeill even thought he sometimes writes edgy shit.

4/5
It's almsot over

Are most people ok with Forgeworld armies? I love the idea of corsairs but don't like the idea of being told people don't want to play me for my army choice

It's over, you can all tell me how dumb I am again.

If you plan on playing Eldar then you better get use to that anyway.

>playing crons

you do realise the necrons where designed to make you loose friends do you?

well some people bitch that they want to play with their expensive toys in the expensive toy game. but other people see that as pay to win shit.

plus you are playing eldar right?.. well you got yourself on a tough spot.

I just want to run pistol toting maniacs who get forced to charge at every opportunity, not run packs of scatbikes and a bike+shadowfield prince with a seer council

You picked a bad example for people allowing FW. Corsairs are BS in their own special way, as only Eldar can be.

I mean you cant expect too much excitement from a bare bones game but at least you're playing it and having fun with things

I suggest investing in a proper table for playing on with terrain as you expand your armies, it really makes a world of difference.

Otherwise keep painting your models and just enjoy the hobby, do not fall into the trap of building your army solely for winning tournaments and what not, roll with what you enjoy

Most are, sad sacks may moan.

Yeah I don't even like playing them, they are just my second army I got thru a trade. I am sticking with my Dark Angels as I finish up the Greenwing side of it.

Then run that and tell people what your list is.
If people just hear "corsairs" and say no then they're salty faggots who wouldn't be fun to play anyhow

Thanks, I want to get a folding table and game mat but I am still trying to finish my Greenwing. Usually I go to the shop but we didn't want to drive 30 minutes and have to deal with Friday Night Magic.

So what IS a galvanic rifle? I sort of get the impression that's a little railgun, or at least very close to one

Are you going to be Recklessly Abandoning your dignity everytime you get assaulted? That's the bullshit indicator for whether to play Corsairs players.

I figure if I'm forced to charge anything within 8 inches I should take my fights like a man

I messed up the list the Terminator Squad had 4 Termis, Apothecary + Interrogator Chap in Termi.

>So what IS a galvanic rifle?

Galvanic Rifles are a type of weapon used by Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii.
The favored weapon of Skitarii Rangers, it is modeled after the flintlock guns of Mars' past.
The current model of the weapon, known as the Mk IV Arkhan, are exquisitely hand-crafted but no less deadly.
These weapons fire specialized bullet over long distances that causes all potential energy of the target to burn out in a killing blast of electric force.

>These weapons fire specialized bullet over long distances that causes all potential energy of the target to burn out in a killing blast of electric force.
thats fuckin metal

>mfw

I fucking know that, dude. I have the codex.

I'm asking what sort of technology it is. Is it ever specified?

That's it.

they're rifles made out of galvanite

>what sort of technology
It's a mk IV Arkhan

They are powered by meme technology, just like the Orks.

Die.

How do you bring back a dying 40k community?

I've just recently gotten into the hobby, but my LGS has been on a slow decline since 6th. At this point, there's only 2-4 players a month, including me. And that's kill team.

How can I try and fix it? No other LGSes do 40k at all.

Orky question here. Can you use Grot Oilers with Da Fixer Upperz?

Depends on why the players aren't showing up often. Could try do some sort of small scale campaign, but it won't work if people won't commit so you can keep it rolling and not fizzle out.

It's a repair roll.

Play your army in a way that promotes fun and balanced games, not max OP unit combo/spam.

Worked for us. We have new people joining every other week.

Make it fun, and enjoyable for new players?

When I first got into 40K, the LGS didnt really do 40k, and everyone either had to go to the next town over or to the GW store which was far as fuck. I regularly went into the LGS to play MTG, and I expressed an interest in 40K. Well long story short, the owner decided it'd be a good idea to set up a discount on codexes and get started boxes in the same order. I convinced a bunch of coworkers to come in and try it out, and they added like 6-7 new players who are still going strong.

If I wanted to do thousand sons counts as, would Black Legion be a good (it's CSM, so I know good is relative) way go? I was thinking using either Abadon's chosen or the Cabal for the extra sorcerers, but idk which would be better.

Thinking of getting back into 40k since my other war game group died. I just wanna play something simple and smashy. How are black templar?

An assault army without affordable assault transports.

Yes, they allow you to reroll any repair roll.

Hmm, that doesn't sound good then. Back to the drawing board I guess.

orks are simple and smashy

Nurgle, please. Stop trying to make people play Orks.

And the weakest full army in the game at the moment.

Nah, BT have been shafted this edition, especially fluff-wise. A good portion of them swtiched over to 30k IF with Templar Brethren and the BT's founder, Sigismund.

You are cruel.

No

Nurgle truly is the god of despair.

I'm collecting miniature but I don't play with them, I just want to see cool miniature painted by me, am I doing wh40k wrong ?

do this
horus heresy is more fun and balanced than 40k at this point
not really

Heard they suck kinda bad and not always a fan of their aesthetics.

That's a shame, I love the look of bt.

No, you're doing it great.

I'm sick of space marine, I can't stand them, why the space marine are the fucking Mary Sue of 40k ?
And don't talk about 30k it is the litteral definition of SM wank-fest
Why there isn't a War in Heaven setting ?
Why xenos can't have the spotlight for once

Because they're sideshows. Imperium vs Chaos is the main attraction.

The issue is not having opponents in that case.
The issue *here* is that the owner has already given up on 40k, and I'm pretty sure he's trying to phase it out at this point.
Might be the best bet. I've only got about 500 points worth in one army and 100-200 in others, so "small scale" is necessary to be involved. But this could work.

>That's a shame, I love the look of bt.
You could always just paint up BT and use them as standard Marines. It's the same codex after all.

But Imperium vs Chaos is a fucking bore-fest, we all know that the SM are gonna win this, and Chaos being "the most threatening thing in the galaxy" is the same thing over and over and over at least with Xenos there are somewhat a bit if variety, but no let's do the Edge mcEdgeson faction, this totally won't be the same thing as before.

Saying Imperium and Chaos is a stretch, everything's a sideshow to the Imperium.

Humanity's the chosen race, remember?

Is it worth it to give CCS a medic? Seems like most stuff would ID them but it'd help big time against small arms

>we all know that the SM are gonna win this

Not really. Chaos is probably going to win.

Also Imperium does not equal SM.

Abandon it and move on to a geedubs. I used to be in your same spot, the LGS over by NASJAX. Fuckin dying for someone to play 40k with that wasn't the Orkbro. Then I moved to the geedubs in jacksoville.

The last straw for me was getting death threats from the eldar player at the lgs. I stopped going and never came back

My closest GW is 3 1/2 hours away, in the dead center of one of the biggest cities in the US. It's not an option.

In codex count it does, hell in boxed sets they're outnumbered.

Really? Seems like it does from everything I've ever read.

Codex count means absolutely zero.

What have you been reading?

Huh, military base with low 40k player count?

When I was in, all the bases nearby had shitloads of players.

Black Crusade Base, using Lost and the Damned as mutants/slaves/cultists, plus four Sorcerers as command slots.

>codex count means nothing

Well that's convenient, why is it magically unimportant again?

>Why there isn't a War in Heaven setting ?
Because one C'tan being fully formed would make things hard.
>Why xenos can't have the spotlight for once
Path of the Eldar, Deff Squadron, and there a few other xeno centered novels.

I'd kill for a novel about some isolated Fire Warriors and the way they act after prolonged absence of an Ethereal.

Oh, just some of the recent stuff, you know, Warden of the Blade, Wolf King, Vox Tenebris, Fissure, Shadow of Ullanor, Guilliman, Shrike, Corax, Storm of Damocles, Eye of Terra, Praetorain of Dorn.

I think there were some short stories about IG tanks recently though.

Codex, Novels, lore-amount and model count are all in marine favour.

Imperium is supposed to be more than marines, but as it a stands, guardsmen, admech, sisters and shit amount to the same as the walls, wiring and janitors in a gallery.

user we don't read to see 'if' the SM's are going to win it, its a given that whatever 'it' is the SM's have already won it.

Everything goes great despite the challenges but then all Fire Warriors die because Kroot. There. Everyone wins.

Because we're discussing lore, not real world.

Imperium does not equal Space Marines. Also buckle up, because over the next few years it's going to be Chaos Space Marine and Space Marine crazy.

I'm talking Primarchs, Chaos Primarchs, Chaos Legions getting their own Codexes, and a whole fuckload of campaign books centered on the Black Crusade.

If you're lucky there'll be mention of the Eldar.

Aren't most of those 30k? Or the Beast?

Again, lore, not real world.

I feel the same way, but it ain't going to happen. Xenos just don't matter and other than Tyranid are never really dangerous. Not gonna change.

>Again, lore, not real world.
And again lore on the greater imperium is thin as piss, meanwhile marines are in so much shit they seem to outnumber imperial citizes.

Certainly more are named.

Is this a joke? Are you seriously trying to say that there's a 'lot' of Xenos content? Come on, even comparing the amount of attention Xenos get to SM's is just ridiculous.

Not to mention Deff Squadron's about Orks killing Orks and Path of the Eldar's about the Eldar getting their shit kicked by the SM's. What about some fucking victories over the SM's for a change, huh?

Yea, I wanted to use LatD anyway. I like the idea of recurring chaffe. I was debating using a traitors hate, but BL has more options for thousand sons I think. Especially for my legion, which is an offset the Brotherhood of Dust.

Can I just take 4 sorcerers? Wouldn't the cabal be better at that point for the extra power?

Oh yay, cause SM's needed even more stuff.
>Hooray for yet more Xenos irrelevance.

Chaos won WHFB...

>Warden of the Blade, Vox Tenebris, Fissure, Shrike, Storm of Damocles

Don't you know your Black Library? Also how does it being HH or Beast change the representation of the Imperium?

6 non 40k to 5 40k.

So is Cegorach's Revenge worth the static setup or should I just stick to Masque detachments for a Harlies list?

Because badwrongfluff.

Oooohh wait, you mean use LatD to ally a full detachment from Traitors hate?

That's because GW doesn't think lore on how Jimmy of planet Random Irish name hangs heretics isn't going to sell models.
I don't like it either, user, and I'm an Imperialfag.
>What about some fucking victories over the SM's for a change, huh?
I do believe Sanctus Reach's warboss and his WAAGGH killed off an entire UM successor chapter. There. Happy?

>What about some fucking victories over the SM's for a change, huh?

Imperial Fists say hi. Or they would, if they weren't all dead.

Well SM are fucking OP, i mean Eldars are trying so hard to stop Chaos but they are nothing to TEH SPESS MUHRINES
WHFB was dying and Chaos is the setting closer

No cause they're a barely mentioned minor faction invented just to die. That's like saying Space Marines wiping out Waaagh!!! Only existed to die or Craftworld just made to be destroyed is impressive.

Meanwhile Eldrad, Ghazghkull, Nazdreg, Biel-Tan, Ilyande and Alaitoc have multiple times been totally ass-wiped by the Marines.

Besides Sanctus Reach is still about how the Space Wolves kick Ork ass and at the end the Orks even get upstaged by Khorne...who just gets his ass kicked too. Amazing SM defeat there.

>UM successor chapter
No unless it was one of the main ones.

I feel sorry for the Fists man, like all other Main Chapters are wiping out whole Empires and beating up the most dangerous characters in the galaxy like its easy and then the poor Fists are like the only Imperials who ever lost.

2nd Founding called the Obesdian Glaives.
It's because BL hates Dorn and his sons. They probably had a hard time painting yellow.

Nids win all the damn time. The only time they've lost was to the literal golden boys of the company.

The fuck does Black Legion offer you that you can't get from a Black Crusade? If you wanted to bring a Cyclopia Cabal with your Crusade, you can do that. Or you can take up to four Sorcerers are Command Choices. Or you can do both.

If they're at back in some cover somewhere ordering some heavy weaons around and using master of ordinance then most of the weapons with the range to them are S6+, if they're leading near the front spamming psychic shriek and granting your vets monster hunter or ignores cover the turn they get vomitted out of a chimera to kill a unit you really want dead or something, they're going to die when your oppenent finally decides to devotes a unit's small arms fire to it with or without fnp. Maybe if you took Straken and tried to make a bayonet horde work it would make sense, but that whole style is not brilliant. It's not the worst use of 15pts but it's very far from the best.

>Imperial Fists say hi.

The Chapter gets rebuilt and the Beast killed in the same book. The Orks still lose.

They don't even have proper heraldry or a chapter badge.

They are redshirt tier.