Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Inferno Needs To Hurry Up Edition
Mexican bolters Sub-Edition
Don't trust any bolters you get from Hispanic techpriests.
>HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
discord.gg/wYS2J6b
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like toast

Forgot the link to the old thread

Old thread is bleeding out.

2.5k the reaping DG list
HQ
Durak Rask 165
siege breaker 95

Troops
Assault squad x20 pfist, rad grenades, melta bomb combat shields 4 power axe 435

tactical squad x20 extra cc weapon, pfist rad grenade, melta bomb, vexilla 305

heavy support squad x10 missile launcher w/flakk, augury scanner melta bomb 345

heavy support x10 lascannon augury scanner melta bomb 445

veteran tactical squad x10 pfist rad grenades, vexilla 195

veteran tactical squad x10 pfist rad grenades, vexilla 195

Elites
apothecary x3 1 with augury scanner 140
quad launcher with phosphex and shatter 90
quad launcher with phosphex and shatter 90

How does this look? hq and apothecary in each heavy squad last apothecary with the tac blob. Outflanking veterans to help grab objectives/threaten back lines.

Should I take a legion mortis with lascannons or a contemptor mortis with kheres cannons to cover my ass edition

Even when Inferno comes out there's going to be a long wait for someone to either scan the book or take shitty camera pictures.

What's your favourite toast topping? I'm a pretty big fan of honey with just a little bit of peanut butter.

I generally advise for contemptor over the standard dread. The price difference justifies the increase in AV and the invuln save, while the kheres are better anti vehicle (altho shorter range) and i just don't trust lascannons unless massed.

Usually just plain toast.

Sometimes I like topping it with meat and some sliced tomatoes and more toast.

Def jelly. But the real question is which jelly is master race? Def between grape and strawberry.

Both my legions got lascannon boxes, because I'm not a huge fan of twin gun contemptor. It looks better with a fist or two. Box looks like a mobile gun platform, so twin guns fits it nicely.

Is this what /hhg/ has devolved to? Discussions on Toast?

Well, I have an answer for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec

How many times can Forgeworld fuck up that user's order? sub-subedition

Wow. That actually sounds fucking delicious.
eggs on toast

Do you like cheesecake?

Glad to see I'm getting better at hazard stripes for my Bitter People. I followed an user's advice to make them thicker, they turn out much better.

Show me your wips /hhg/! Failing that, post what you listen when you paint.

What are you, ANTI TOAST!?

Those look much better, user. Props on the self improvement!

I would add a shade around the edge of that yellow.

Howdy-doodly-do

Who here play Vlka Fenryka - the based executioners of the Emperor?

Blueberry/blackberry all day every day.

You know, I'm really not as much of a fan as many others are. It's a bit too heavy for me, you know?

There's an improvement to be sure, you just need to make sure the lines are even all the way to the edge of the plate. Might want to take some time to even them out and clean up the edges.

From what I've heard, they're the army of choice for irritable caucasian men, but I can't say for sure. The guy in my local scene who plays the VI Legion is pretty chill.

Have you looked into purchasing a spool of super thin painters tape from an art supply store? You can find ones as thin as you are looking for (even thinner than those old witeout tape thingies).

Really? From before I can remember the top 2 armies in 40k for women are tyranids and space puppies. The only women I know that are excited about 30k are all waiting for the SWs to get their rules and models.

Good to see my advice worked out for you, user. Your black lines seem to taper a bit at the ends. Use the smallest brush you've got to get those ends even with the rest. Otherwise, looking great! Like the other user said, a shade over the hazard stripes will help mute them a bit.

Tyranids, Orks and Space Wolves do seem to be played by an awful lot of women. And I've never even heard of a female Sisters player. I wonder what attracts women to those armies?

Which is odd, because the women I've talked to (and shown pictures of the models and art to) generally seem to be fans of Emperor's children.

Different strokes for different folks, eh?

Maybe it is because of shieldmadens, but I have never met a woman who didn't love vikings.

As for Tyranids, I remember there used to be a lot of jokes about them being ornery, group-thought relying creatures that eat everything. Soooo there is that.

Not sure about the Orks. I have never heard of a connection between them and women so i have not thought about it before.

>jelly
>not jam
holy FUCK i am surrounded by plebs
raspberry jam 4lyfe

Well are you just showing aesthetics to people that don't know the armies? Cuz yeah, EC look pimp as fuck. I'm talking about the women I have met who actually know about the setting and/or play.

I knew one of you dirty motherfuckers would sneak across the border to post in the master race section of Veeky Forums. Go back to whatever hellpit you spawned from!

I've only met two female Sisters of Battle players in my 15-20 years in this hobby, one was a tomboy and quite a smart tactician, the other showed up to a doubles tournament in a low cut latex dress (which did not flatter her figure at all).
So they come in all shapes and sizes, like all players of this game I imagine, even if it's a majority male hobby.

it's tough, I agree that the box is a way better looking gun platform, but dual kheres + invuln + BS5 is a big deal, only problem is I feel like it's almost mean to put dual kheres on a world eaters contemptor...that poor guy just wants to fist something and you give him two fucking guns and tell him to guard the rear!

>JAM
>RASPBERRY
>RASPBERRY JAM
YOU FILTHY ANIMAL!

lmao, I see what you did. No worries, your secret is safe with me.

>i hate flavour and texture and just want vaguely fruit flavoured sugar goo
i bet you dont even make your own preserves, you fucking reprobates

Building muh breachers, but what weapon upgrades should I do ? Flamers for the overwatch or just not bother and have them slog foward bolters blazing untill they're close enough to engage the meltabombs ?

flamers are good to deal with chaff units that might try and stop you from applying meltabomb as well as making it even worse to try and charge them

>heavy support x10 lascannon
>models worth 40+pts each
>still only have T4 3+

I want to use lascannon heavy support too, but I'm not sure I can justify their points cost

It may be a little more helpful if you tell us what role they would be filling with regards to the rest of your list?

If you are just walking them forward I would probably only give them bolters cuz I would expect them to all die anyway. They may make it if you mass breachers/other infantry but then it would be even better to keep it all as bare bones as possible.

I bring Lascannon Iron Havocs in high points games to absolutely trash heavy vehicles. However, I always feel the need to at least bring an aegis line and/or bastion to park them in. They are expensive, but can put out more firepower than almost anything in the game.

>+ BS5

Box Mortis has that as well.

It's weird no techmarine thought of putting the Kheres on a boxnought. Maybe because FW's OC, donut steel. I hate it when company politics has to fuck everything... Then again, why did they have to force assault cannons into 30k in the first place? I thought thunder hammers, assault cannons, storm bolters, storm shields, etc. were suppose to be post-Heresy inventions. How heretical of me to imagine Marines without thunder hammers, assault cannons, storm bolters, storm shields, etc. What next, Army that's not Guard?

I agree with you on some of the points, however a setting without thunder hammers would automatically feel less warhammer. It's like you would want a setting without powerfists next.

>I want to use lascannon heavy support too, but I'm not sure I can justify their points cost

Someone needs to make an HHG-themed WhereDoYouthinkWeAre.jpg. Worrying about points cost in Rule of Coolhammer?

Because Space Wolves is the most romanticised legion/chapter. They also have hair.

They're going to be infiltrating or scouting foward as far as possible. And I only play infantery heavy lists, the only vehicles I have multiples of are rhinos.

It is a legitimate concern when you are restricted by a maximum army point cost (for local meta etc) and want to field as many cool toys as possible in one list.... that is my problem at least.

Model power mauls as hammers.

If scouting forward then I could certainly see the argument for flamers. There are a lot of lists that want to get charges off on infantry and if you are scouting forward then you should definitely play to expect it.

I just wish breachers got a little bit more love in the last update. Even in 30k my meta is fairly competitive, and while we still have friendly games I want breachers in all lists!

I mean, that would be a good solution if other power weapons were not better in 95% of situations. (5% may even be generous, but I am aware of it working well against non marines or on a forgelord with rad grenades fishing for ID).

It's not very cool to spend 20% of your army on a single unit of 10 MEQ that'll get blasted off the board turn 1 by anyone who realizes how much of a glasscannon they are.

How often do people use thunder hammers in 30k? Seems like Fists and Chainfists do about as well. Even in 40k it's mostly just hammernators, since they come with them.

People use them a lot in my area as a touch of flavor, for the most part. It is a way to make a model stand out from all the fists and still get slight bonuses vs monsterous creatures/mechanicum baddies without costing too much extra.

As an IW player I try to fit in thunder hammers whenever possible because it just seems to fit the theme so well. My termy captains always have TH, for instance. Most of the time is overkill, however I have had them slow down Primarchs and the like with the concussive rule.

>Being in /Hhg for this long but not knowing about Scanon's nefarious buisness practices

i'm gonna be rolling with a thunder hammer on my IH praetor, partially because they look awesome, but also because a 3+ invuln makes me less wary of getting paragon'd

You probably shouldnt call out people when you don't know the facts.

Scanon will not have access to his baller scanner when Inferno launches (due to the delay) on account of finishing his schooling.

ALOT better than before.
My WIP are 2 tacticals to be used as test models for my primer and scheme, but whenever I'm free it's to cold to paint. it's PlateMail and KA yellow fucked up and I don't want to risk the same on a 20 man blob

I've seen women play Nids, Necrons, and Chaos. Nothing else.

It is worth noting that every one of these women got into the hobby with their husband.

Dilemma:

How would you go about doing Lernean termies? I don't really care for the Cataphractii models but I know lore-wise, that's what they use.

Would it feel cheesey to just use Tartaros armor or would you even care?

If their unit entry says they use a specific type of armor, that's what you must give them.

Wait, they use Cataphractii? That seems sooo wrong.

However no, you can't switch their termy armor type. Each armor type has pros and cons (or rly just pros OR cons, right now) but changing the model would drastically alter their rules and just proxying a different termy armor would confuse an opponent who knows the differences.

You are kinda just stuck. Might as well wait to see if what FW does with them looks cool to you or just try to mess with the cataphractii look.

Here's my 3rd tactical squad I'm working on, the photo is washed out due to my shitty lighting but I'm happy how they're coming out

someone post the alpha legion recipe? a buddy is looking for an easy way to do it
only time you can pick your terminator armour is when the unit type either just says terminator armour and doesnt specify a variant(i.e. deathshroud)

Nope, you still cant pick. The official ruling from FW is to look at the model if the rules dont say. they used to do that a lot before they really decided on the differences between the 3 sets.

I wouldn't mind you using Tartaros Armour, so long as you aren't using Tartaros rules.

They must be in Cataphractii

Normal AL tartaros termies with banestrike bolts are actually pretty good though

Surely people who do it for the flavor would also use hammer shaped power mauls, no?

Keep in mind, everything I am about to say does not apply to a friendly game with someone you know and talk about house rules with. Nothing applies in those situations.

I think it's a bad idea to allow people to proxy models with another model that has in game rules. It is just confusing for everyone you will play against and I would basically recommend you to remind them EVERYTIME they have a turn.

I have definitely lost games at an LGS because it can be hard to keep track of conversions when the models should have different rules entirely.

Where does it say that?

The FAQ that has the revised section on termie armor supports and I'd like to know where that rule is.

That was why i specifically mentioned that there are bonuses for a hammer over fist, and the opportunity cost is low.

Power mauls are straight bad most of the time.

>If a unit has the option of taking Terminator armour but does not specify a particular pattern, such as the Legion Terminator Squad entry, its pattern is that represented on the physical models used, and only a single type of Terminator armour may be chosen for the unit when included in your army.

Deathshroud does not specify what armor mark they use therefore you can choose what terminator suit they are wearing when you model them, same for vanilla Terminators. Lemean on the other hand have 'Cataphractii Armor' as their wargear so you can only model them with that type of armor.

Maybe he likes the feeling of blood in his boots

Am... am I taking crazy pills? Look at your own post
> ....its pattern is that represented on the physical models used...

So just fucking look at the deathshroud! It is clearly a specific type of termy armor.

trying to make the most out of a monopose sculpt, I can't really complain

The imperial army/auxiliaries could do with taking a few cues from the guard.

They feel like half an army, for now. Give them orders and more shit to take. Platoons! Cavalry! chimera-chassis vehicles/artillery! The legions get basilisks, but the plebs don't? Bull.

Whatre you guys working on today?

>in

Eww...

Shit, I didn't of digging into the neck to do mine, so I cut out the little arch over the head to make way for the IW head. That and took out the gorget like you did.
Ah shit, I'll see how it goes, don't want to rush it anyway, I'll probably come back to it bit by bit.

I think you are confused user. Your reading comprehension has failed you.

You read "...on the physical models used.." and somehow thought that meant you get to chose whatever model to use, like a standard termy squad?

However, you need to realize that some units have AN OFFICIAL MODEL from forgeworld, like the deathshroud. You don't get to take any model and say it isa deathshroud. The OFFICIAL MODELS clearly have Tartaros

I like children. They are tasty.

Didn't they FAQ that because the Deathshroud now have their own models?

Yeah, it's pretty obvious in the Deathshrouds' case but, strangely, they didn't officially give them Tartaros armor when they redid the Legions book. They probably will next time.

Militia is just PDF that FW whipped out with next to no support. Proper Army is yet to come, though I hear rumours Tallarn will feature them more prominently.

I mean, Forgeworld making another obvious typo/error an editor should have easily fixed is nothing remotely close to new.

It's just annoying when idiots try to use these failings of FW as justification to do clearly stupid shit.

Yeah if you can dig out a good amount of space there's enough space for a helmet (gotta clip the neck bump quite a bit)

The bitch is making sure it's not too fat in the other axii either

just like "free" chainaxes

Assembling breachers. Every since the Boarding Assault upgrade set was released I've wanted a huge unit of marines with those shields, and with Breacher being a real unit and BoP there are few excuses left not to.

Just finishing up this disgusting abomination.

Lets see the back of it then

Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking about however I did not want to say it by name incase some retards and/or trolls would try to start the argument up again.

Didn't they give Typhon Tartaros armour, though?

Can't wait for FW to clarify it as Tartaros on Deathshrouds as well and then people to lose their shit when they went and modeled their units in different pattern.

FW really should make a new FAQ, because the amount of official clarifications only found in emails, twitter and Farcebook is getting out of hand.

FAQ's are obscure enough for less experienced players to find, but these answers are a whole new level of unobtainable.

did you ever think that maybe they didn't give them the specific armor rules for balance purposes?

Look at the models. They ARE tartaros and they would only be called something else if FW literally decided to troll everyone for fun.

Pretty sure you have just mixed up your names entirely in that post, because they did give Typhon CATAPHRACTII plate, which makes him different from the deathshroud. Certainly makes them visually unique.

Here you go senpai.

Brace.

No, that's dumb and doesn't make sense.

its pretty fucking awful, but not noticeably under all the weathering

>Don't trust any bolters you get from Hispanic techpriests.

Okay, what happened THIS time?