>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>mob_pixie.txt
>stealth_naga.avi
>troll_face.btl
Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 665 (89% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, we're short one for the next run'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

>Shoot with a periscope rifle
>I hate ammo, dispose of it as quickly as possible
>Fuck dragons. Literally or figuratively, your choice.
Non-standard character concepts edition!

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B3HQNR4y9nLxNEpPSGZobkFWdG8
pastebin.com/9GPaXpwK
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Live you piece of shit

2nd, for my team is incompetent and can't even egg a house properly.

>Hey guys I just found out that grenades are cheap! We should all use them!
>5 minutes later.
>WHY IS THERE A HIGH RESPONSE TEAM

this keeps happening in games i'm in why does this keep happening

Because your troll isn't a Sempai-level face.

And so the security notices the group, instead of wanting the troll to notice them.

Smoke and gas grenades only.

Save the big splosions for if the HTR is already on its way because of your other mistakes.

Anyone got advice for building a troll or ork decker? I know that log is kinda important which I presume would be a big issue with them.

>Non-standard character concepts edition!
Technocritters.

It's not too bad. You can save on attribute points by leaving those ones that get boosts for at or near their minimums.

Find other ways to increase your dice pool.

People get too hung up on logic for the decker and charisma for the face, but you won't automatically die with 2 less dice, so long as that's not a large chunk of your dice pool.

Get some spare cable taps, keep a spare Induction mod if you haven't hardwired that into your deck, and generally always try to get a direct connection when ever you deal with anything on a big and important run.

It'll get you that first mark easy, and from there you can get in and get directly connected to everything slaved to the host.

Perfect Timing helps, always try and end your action in a high stealth, high firewall setup.

Go adept. Cybercombat isn't actually a "combat skill" it's pretty cheap to get bonuses to that and hacking.

That reminds me. Even if you go Adept, consider fitting a Datajack and rating 1 cyberears, with three Antenna installations into later purchases. That's 3 guaranteed Noise Reduction, one situational, and then you can get more from your programs and matrix actions if you need it.

Because you can't always get a direct connection and you want a nice thwack of noise reduction, Justin Case.

You joke about that...

Whether or not a skill is combat or non-combat is only relevant in 4e, 5e improved ability is one size fits all, you're only limited in that it can't be taken for magical skill for some grud damn reason.

Sorry, I was trying to keep the advice general but apparently not general enough.

Nothing to apologize for, just thought I'd add extra info.

I want to try and make Geralt in Shadowrun. Should I go Mystic Adept, or just Adept with the Adept Spell technique? Which do you think would hit a Witcher's flavor better?

Do I smell a story?

Eh, one minor act of terrorism. Everything turned out ok in the end.

I tried making an adept decker. My concept in mind was an adept decker that could rival a coldsim/hotsim decker in terms of initiative, have some infiltration and weapon skills, and an amount of edge to fall back on. Overall, I feel like I did a terrible job. Any advice would be appreciated
drive.google.com/open?id=0B3HQNR4y9nLxNEpPSGZobkFWdG8

Which parts of Geralt do you want to focus on? Super-senses, combat skills, potions, poisons, or Signs?

Because for me, Signs are easily the least-relevant to the concept (and therefore easiest to trim away entirely) but that might not be the case for you.

Anyway, I'd go Adept and ignore Adept Spell entirely, because it's a trap option. I'd take Improved Reflexes 3 and Astral Perception, a level of Combat Sense with the remaining .5 PP, and take 1 Essence worth of 'ware focusing specifically on a Nephritic Screen.

Then I'd pick up a weapon focus sword and take combat drugs the way Geralt takes potions.

Add poisons on your blade and toss grenades to flavor.

You should focus on Improved Ability for an adept decker. Don't try to be 'an adept,' just focus your adept powers on having ridiculous hacking dice pools.

Unless you're going for 'physical infiltrator who also hacks,' but that's a different story entirely.

I wish that Shadowrun had powered armor - or powered armatures, at least.

I'm going to talk to my GM about putting a rigger cocoon into an anthroform drone and fluffing it as being some kind of powered armor, either piloted in meatspace with Walker or jumping in with a control rig for direct neural stuff.

I was focusing on the latter actually

I'll do just that, thanks user!

I greatly look forward to seeing how long I can survive as a principled Zoroastrian punchadept with Dragonslayer mentor spirit

Remember, there is good and there is evil. Not taking a side is just as bad as taking the evil side.

Daily reminder that Technocritters are double garbage.

That almost sounds like a mech.

Also couldn't a cyber war chassis just be how you fluff the look of your cyber arms?

Not really. Even if it's drilled into your arm flesh, cyber arms are replacements.

What systems, besides Shadowrun itself, have you used to run the Shadowrun setting?

Doesn't it? Mil-spec armor is basically powered armor, at least in the ways I've seen it portrayed.

Help me fill out my list of Special and Nationalist Forces, /srg/. This is what I have so far:

I imagine most governmental special forces are still around, but I only have a couple of specified examples:
>Mossad are still active in Isreal; are bad, bad motherfuckers
>Peshmerga are the national defense forces of Kurdistan, neat thing there
>NAN: Sioux Wildcats and Salish Rangers
>Tirs: TT has the Ghosts, TNN has the Tir Republican Corps
>England: the Templars, though they're in the Shadows now
>Germany: KSK as Eiger describes them

Corporate:
>Most generic Corporations have in-house HTR teams
>Seraphim from CAT
>Ares: Firewatch
>Aztechnology: Jaguar Warriors (elite corporate guard unit), Eagle Warriors (100% Awakened and have really neat-looking powered armor, otherwise Mexican SEALs), Brave Ones (basically Ghosts but their families are killed because Azzies), and Shorn Ones (elite pairs that are just the bestest of the best ever)
>Renraku: Red Samurai (Gaichu a best)
>Shiawase: MIFD, though they're more of an intelligence agency
>MCT: Research Unit 13, really mysterious and only like, 12 of 'em
>Horizon: Dawkins Group, social infiltrators, media experts, and assassins who kill memetic patterns, Jack

What am I missing?

I'm new to shadowrun and I wanted to play a Street sammy in a game I just joined. Can you tell me if this character would be okay or if he is too incompetent to be a good character?

(1/2)

How hard hitting would the local police be if two gangs fought each other in a local mcdonalds/stuffer shack?

would they focus on subsiding the conflict, focus on keeping some alive to arrest for questioning, or would they just try to exterminate anyone in the conflict that looks like they might shoot?

What's the lifestyle of the neighbourhood?

Pretty shit. outer/greater london, Security class C, considering this is nothing more then a food fight/protection in a food fight.
only notable detail about the neighbourhood is a Horizon subsidaried nightclub is nearby the vicinity, however security there is generally restricted to said nightclub under contract so the fast food shop is relying on a c class level of HTR team, paid by an overly paranoid manager afraid of the local gangs hitting him for being in that unfortunate divide between gang territories. contracted by lonestar of course. There's no real need for the nightclub to help the streets unless its THAT bad right? besides, a food shop closing would only mean said nightclub can start selling its extortionate alcoholic soy-snacks even more.

Nah, it doesn't change or enhance your actual strength or movement speed or anything. It has the look of powered armor, but none of the practical thematics.

>Also couldn't a cyber war chassis just be how you fluff the look of your cyber arms?
Sure, the look. But that's just the aesthetic, at that point, with you unable to take the powered armor, you know, off.

In Shadowrun 4e there was the Iron Will:
>Iron Will: iron Will is an exoskeleton used to augment
>the user’s strength for laborious tasks. it is 2.5 meters tall
>and weighs 200 kg. it has no autonomy, nor was it built
>for any remote piloting. When worn, treat the wearer’s
>strength as 8, but reduce their agility by 1. Iron Will can be
>treated as a vehicle for upgrades.

IRON WILL
Handl Accel Speed Pilot Body Arm Sens Avail Cost
+0 —/— 0 0 6 4 1 14 3,500¥

You could translate that into SR5 stats somehow

Hey, that's pretty slick. What book was that in?

Attitude p.171

>initiative 9+1d6
>those stats
It's shit.

Your character is hyper-incompetent
1. Your attributes are hyper minmaxed, while not illegal it's in poor taste
2. No initiative booster. You need Wired Reflexes or Synaptic Boosters to boost your initiative
3. Your cyberlimbs are fucked, they should be customized and enhanced way more. They are currently hurting you more than they are helping.

Alright so
1. Should I boost non physical stats, draining from Agility, Body, Constitution and Strenght?
2. I guess I'll need to get either Wired reflexes or Synaptic Boosters
3. Thing is, there's only so much you can buy with 2000 Nuyen per karma point. Should I drain some skills to purchase more nuyen with karma or is there a better alternative?

There is good, there is evil, and there are all these crimes I commit to pay rent, which definitely aren't evil.

I'm working on it. Please wait warmly.

>There's no real need for the nightclub to help the streets unless its THAT bad right?
Unless it crosses to the nightclub, there's no need for corpsec to get involved at all, period.

That's the reality of the sixth world - if you're corpsec, you would probably shout at your own mother to cross the fucking road in a gunfight before you step into foreign territory to help her. (if she can't, you might risk losing your job to save her, but that will vary)

Class C will have pistols, rifles, any kind of melee weapons, drugs, etc visible on the streets with next to no law enforcement unless it's time to bash trogs & fill quotas. Threats of violence are common, but actual use isn't, unless patrols are somewhere else. At night security drops further, and gangs break out automatics with few repercussions. Milspec arms & armour, weaponised cyberware, explosives, etc are still cause for the area to be cordoned off and HTR to crack skulls.

>3. Thing is, there's only so much you can buy with 2000 Nuyen per karma point. Should I drain some skills to purchase more nuyen with karma or is there a better alternative?
You should be spending an amount of money in the hundreds of thousands of nuyen on a Street Samurai, yes.

>1. Should I boost non physical stats, draining from Agility, Body, Constitution and Strenght?
Ignore the hater, starting with poor Logic and Charisma in something as attribute-intense as a frontline combatant is fine - just make sure you increase them later, in play. It can be an opportunity to show character growth, even.

That said, Intuition and Reaction are your two most important attributes, not all that other shit.

my.mixtape.moe/hzvweb.chum5
There!

Karma expendures:
Edge 1->2 10
Athletics SG 0->1 5
Sneaking 0->1 2
Pilot 0->1 2
Nuyen 5

6 karma leftover.

part 2 and text-only.
pastebin.com/9GPaXpwK

But now he doesn't have cyber blade implants, which was the one thing I would've liked the character to have...

How much Int and reaction should I have, compared to Agility, which is needed to be good at shanking people with cyberblades?

>How much Int and reaction should I have, compared to Agility, which is needed to be good at shanking people with cyberblades?
Your Intuition should be 6 and your Reaction should be 5, ideally. Losing 1 or 2 dice in a bigass stabbing-people dice pool isn't a world-ending bad deal, but a few points of Intuition and Reaction can be the difference between getting 2 initiative passes or 3.

Roger dodger.

And regarding the cyberblades, which would slide out of the character's arm to slice and dice his enemies with: are they still viable or are guns better?

You have enough karma to buy your cyberspurs. Easy fix.

Both. Cyberblades are viable. Carry a gun anyway.

Burgers have SEAL teams, bongs have SAS and SBS. S-K has Drake Prime.

Cyberspurs- yes: but I don't see any cyberlimbs on the recommended character sheet.

>poor Logic and Charisma
He's literally a combat autist. Dicepool of 0 in every technical and social skill is atrocious.
Cyberspurs aren't super bad as far as melee goes, but guns are always better for a variety of reasons.
The cyberware loadout he's given you wouldn't have enough Essence to fit cyberlimbs in, and as is cyberlimbs are rather awful. Spurs don't need to be installed in a cyberlimb though.

Why bother with cyberlimbs?

so average joe cop patrol who will just beat and arrest to fill quota but the HTR will respond if they get told or find out heavy duty equipment are involved.
Say customers are stuck in the zone. Would they be detained and possibly arrested too to fill quota or would they not take the risk?

Possibly arrest everyone, sort it out later

>Dicepool of 0 in every technical and social skill is atrocious.
Dice pool of 2 or 3 in all of them ain't any better, to be frank. If he's going to be shit either way, there's no reason not to go all the way.

>Ignore the hater, starting with poor Logic and Charisma in something as attribute-intense as a frontline combatant is fine - just make sure you increase them later, in play. It can be an opportunity to show character growth, even.

That's fair, just as long as you remember to roleplay accordingly. Your character literally has downs, so act like you have trouble with anything that isn't "GOR BASH THAT DUDE".

>Your character literally has downs, so act like you have trouble with anything that isn't "GOR BASH THAT DUDE".
Fuck off. Didn't you shit up the last thread enough, you colossal faggot?

>Your character literally has downs, so act like you have trouble with anything that isn't "GOR BASH THAT DUDE".
Just like we told you last thread, no, being that level of retarded would be represented by some Logic-equivalent of the Uncouth Quality, not by Logic 1.

Yes, but the person who came up with the sheet clearly wasn't in that thread, or he wouldn't have suggested a build with 1 cha and log.

A character with a pool of 0 in a skill automatically fails any checks for that skill unless they spend Edge. They may not be retarded, but in any circumstance beyond simply surviving day-to-day in the sprawl, they're in trouble.

No, that's would only add on his mental retardation, to the point where he couldn't figure out how to operate a salad fork.

Except Logic isn't a measure of whether or not you're retarded, it's your cold rational thinking, used in situations like mechanical engineering and medicine. He has Intuition out the ass, his natural ability to think and handle situations on gut instinct is great.

But letting you shit up two threads in a row with the same dumb 'argument' isn't worth watching you make a fool of yourself.

Yes, intuition represents things like insight and instinct; it's mostly subconcious. A mentally deficient individual can still be insightful, but no less a retard.

Even street scum gangbangers have a logic of 2. If you're going with a logic of 1, you're going with a serious flaw. Make sure your decision is well thought out.

He has tons of Intuition and Willpower. His Memory tests are at normal human average, even.

He's not retarded, he's just bad at 'book smarts' Logic stuff, like computer programming, medicine, or hermetic magic.

The shit you're talking about - understanding of basic-ass shit like 'using tools' or 'tying shoes' - is covered by Intuition, not Logic. And shit like having a functional ability to remember things is just as much about Willpower as it is about Logic.

He's someone with a disciplined mind, an intuitive understanding of the world, and great gut instincts. He's just bad at Logic-oriented problem solving and in-depth understanding of mechanics and other detailed processes.

And then 10 karma later he buys a point of Logic and suddenly no longer has downs syndrome?
Are you retarded?

so arrest free them when its obvious they havent actually done anything.

>He has tons of Intuition and Willpower. His Memory tests are at normal human average, even.

Yes, that was established. He has good insticts, and a lot of strength of will, but he's a retard.

>He's not retarded, he's just bad at 'book smarts' Logic stuff, like computer programming, medicine, or hermetic magic.

You just described a retard. Someone who has trouble thinking rationally is mentally deficient. A retard.

>The shit you're talking about - understanding of basic-ass shit like 'using tools' or 'tying shoes' - is covered by Intuition, not Logic. And shit like having a functional ability to remember things is just as much about Willpower as it is about Logic.

No, intuition covers using your senses and judging things subconciously. Using tools is either covered by a physical attribute, or with logic when used in conjunction with a technical task. Figuring out how to tie shoelaces is a rational problem, and thus covered by Logic.

>He's someone with a disciplined mind, an intuitive understanding of the world, and great gut instincts. He's just bad at Logic-oriented problem solving and in-depth understanding of mechanics and other detailed processes.

In other words, a retard. An insightful retard, but still a retard.

>And then 10 karma later he buys a point of Logic and suddenly no longer has downs syndrome?

Yes, just like he can spend 10 points of karma to raise his strength and no longer lose an arm-wrestling match to a 10-year-old.

Hell, he can even spend karma to get rid of actual negative qualities.

Get a trip so people can filter you.

Fuck off.

Stop giving new players bad min-maxy advice, and we have a deal.

Stop lying to people about what Attribute 1 represents, and stop giving them terrible mechanical advice.

Fuck off, you massive piece of shit.

NORMAL humans range from 1 to 6.
Retards are not normal. They're retards.
Log 1 is like of a hillbilly with a poor education.

>you have trouble with anything that isn't "GOR BASH THAT DUDE"
No, languages are Int-based.

>Stop lying to people about what Attribute 1 represents,

I've only told them that it represents a serious disability, which is completely true.

>and stop giving them terrible mechanical advice.

You stop minmaxing, and coming up with terrible justification for it.

> like of a
Like a*

>I've only told them that it represents a serious disability, which is completely true.
[Citation Needed]
Show me anywhere in literally any book where 1 is described as a 'serious disability' rather than being described as within the normal human range of attributes.

Give me a citation, or stop lying and fuck off.

>paying 10 Karma for the Roleplaying Tax instead of 25 makes you a dirty minmaxer, how dare you know how the system works

>NORMAL humans range from 1 to 6.

No, the book states that human attributes range from 1 to 6, it says nothing about normality.

If your attribute score drops below 1, you're completely incapable of acting.

>it represents a serious disability
No it is not. It is a flaw but within normal metahuman range. Negative Quality: Retarded is a serious disability.

>Negative Quality: Retarded is a serious disability.

No, it would be an extraordinary disability. Having an attribute score of 1 is a serious one.

[Citation Needed]

Having the lowest score possible is pretty damn serious.

There is an Impaired Attribute metagenic quality, there is an Exceptional Attribute quality. They allow you to have attributes lower/higher than you normally could. Hence, 1-6 is normal; it doesn't matter if you like it or not.

>Having the lowest score possible is pretty damn serious.
According to what? Where in the book does it say that Attribute 1 represents being crippled in some way? Where does it every make having a low Attribute rating represent a serious disability, rather than having serious disabilities represented by Negative Qualities instead?

1 is just the low range of normal. 6 is the high range of normal. If you're retarded - or crippled, or diseased, or hideously antisocial - those are represented by Qualities. If you're exceptional beyond the normal human range in your strength or wits or speed, those are represented by Qualities too.

You're extrapolating shit to suit your own purposes, but have nothing that actually backs you up.

Impaired attribute reduces your maximum, exceptional attribute increases your maximum; they only deal with potentials, which is completely different.

If you raise an attribute above 6, you're within the realm of superhuman. You cannot have a score of lower than 1.

Yes it is. Characters with 1 logic generally have worse memory, cannot default on Log skills, and have a poor Mental Limit. That's it.

that guy's character wouldent be retarded but definitely fucking stupid if he has a log of 1

Even thugs and idiots have a log of 2

Nothing in the book, except for simple beings such as sharks, have a logic score of 1. Nothing in the book outright states that having a score of 1 isn't serious either, it only says that the range is 1-6.

You can look at how disabled a character with str 1 is, he's physically incapable of carrying more than 10 kilos. Pretty. Damn. Serious.

Honestly, i'd imagine having a logic of one would make you an equivalent to ricky from TPB.

Without exerting himself and doing separate tests, that is.

>he's physically incapable of carrying more than 10 kilos
No, he has to make a roll before he can carry more than 10 kilos. You make a Strength + Body test, and gain an additional 10 kilos for every hit. Someone with Strength 1 and Body 3 can just buy hits and still carry 20 kilos without penalty - or about 45 pounds.

Is that below human average? Fucking obviously.

Is it in some way crippled or physically disabled? Fuck no.

That's what someone with Logic 1 and Willpower 3+ would also represent. Someone who's below human average, but no no way mentally disabled.

The examples you're trying to twist into supporting your point do nothing but work against it.