Warhammer 40,000 general

New thousand sons, death guard and khorne berserkers miniatures spotted edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Ork players' unrealized hopes and dreams as dictated by Space 0din
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Will the new Khorne Berzerkers no longer have that ridiculous figure skating pose?

word beaers a shit

Wulfen likes poses

I can live with those cheerleader poses, thank you.

How does Artillery work?

Specifically, something like Eldar support batteries and Marine rapier batteries. Especially in terms of allocating wounds. On both models one of the crew members is sitting on the gun. So is the gun always gonna get hit before he does (since it's the closer target)? What about blasts and templates? Does the marker/template have to touch the crewman to wound it as well?

It's like GW didn't learn anything from old IG weapons team rules.

>Wulfen cheerleaders

"Ra! Ra! RRRRAAAAAGH!" *heretically eviscerates something*

Wound goes to nearest model, but T of the unit is 7. Keep someone out in front of your gun to eat a wound. Models use their own individual saves.

Death guard are like those fantasy fat warriors Of chaos that came up during end times, thousand sons are a little more fancy than before, think of the chosen from dark vengeance but without mutations and daemon stuff, no word of noise marines since it appears slaneesh will be killed by ynead(who went into hiding in the webway after the moon fiasco) during the last stages of the black crusade, this will stop Abaddon's attempt to conquer Terra due the chaos gods looking to size slaneesh vacant power but at the end the rock bitch daemon prince will finally ascend as the prince of shadows, daemonettes will become daughters of shadow with grey and black colour scheme, as all the other slaneesh units, this is also why the keeper of secrets will be the last to be updated, all sexual tones will be drastically(look to all daemonettes current design) reduced but some will stay as an echo of the "vanquished God".

Asking again from ded thread

What's the best way to equip foot slogging CSM?

Rhinos

With drop pods :^)

Still doesn't answer how to proceed when one model is sitting on the gun.

>implying CSM wouldn't just jack the SoB vehicles

I mean shit, my marines rolled around in a mix of grey half assembled rhinos, chaos rhinos with spikes and shit and Blood Angel whirlwinds with the roof detached.

Sure, but they're painted and covered in SoB heraldry.

Like the other user said a rhino, also one special (melta or plasma) in a five body group, combi of the same special if you have spare points.

>New thousand sons, death guard and khorne berserkers miniatures spotted edition

? ? ?

Nice fanfiction

Is there a place like the War Store with a better selection?

I need some Primaris Psykers and some Astropaths/Officers of the Fleet and i'd liek to avoid going to GW

Without the rhino, would plasma be the best option?

Is the rumor/leak mill really this dry? I've seen nothing this week.

Let's say I am taking a squad of xv25 stealth suits.
From what I can remember if you give one model Vectored retro thrusters then the rest gain hit and run but not fleet, is that correct?

It's been dry since the guy who leaked BaC plastics was fired. Ever since then the only solid rumors were 1 week in advance, with the only two huge rumors leaked early were plastic Magnus and Burning of Prospero, both of which weren't even very believable rumors until confirmed due to how vague and word-of-mouth/barely considered a leak they were.

Yeah, and the CSM *just finished stealing them* last battle. Haven't had time to add the blood and 8-pointed stars

>reads this

>then reads this

Probably, Id rather keep em naked for objective holding. Test it out both ways at yout lgs meta to see how they do.

Consider getting a rhino or two of ebay though, it makes them useful. Although your IC will do most of the heavy lifting anyway.

>That allahu akbar AK47 pose Guardian

What would you suggest for the backstory of a couple of stealth teams knowing that they are mavericks by Tau's rigid standards?

Thats part of the gun model (unless rules state otherwise, cant remember if Vaul's had one or two crew members)

CSM players, why aren't you guys more angry about GW wasting so much money and time making a bunch of Khorne AoS stuff instead of making CSM 40K stuff?

Like just look at how much Khorne crap they churned out just for AoS. It's the WHFB/End Times thing all over again, where 40K got stupid shit, made tons of money, then GW pissed it all away on Fantasy.

Cover them in bloodstains so they're dual-use.

If you really wanna run without the rhino, take 2 meltas and drop everyone's bolters for CCWs. You should take a few of these 10-20 man blobs, but remember that they should ultimately be a distraction for your deathstars/maulerfiends/whatever rushing up the field.

>casually fires his rifle into the air as he reads his Eldar smartphone

Well stealth teams are never features in battle plans and they work almost completely separately from the main Tau forces, so there is a start. They could have been a squad that was accidentally left on a world, then the Tau came back some time later and found that they had fucked shit up nicely or that they were still alive, even with no support.
Also,
Nice paint job, I am jealous

Are those yours? If so, nice fucking job.

I'd say they're ex-pathfinders who were so good at scouting ahead, even if they did disobey, that their actions and bravery for the Greater Good earned them a promotion into the Stealth Team ranks. It serves as sort of "let's make them useful before they die" by the Ethereals.

I'm probably going to be sorcerer heavy because I'm playing not!thousand sons, and I'll have access to ectomancy to shoot my guys ahead. I'll also likely be dropping in termies and/or raptors.

I wish it was fan fiction.

>khorne berserkers same stats but with chain axes and adamantium will at 16 ppm also every to hit roll of 1 is resolved against their own unit

>thousand sons also the same but with can switch to CC option and the sorcerer can become lvl2 at 18 ppm

>death guard poisoned weapons on both shooting(bolters, autocannon, heavy bolter and missile launcher) and cc weapons(even power weapons and power fists) both they also get bulky

>all marks are the same but the disadvantages are also there(normal csm get access to chain axes, poisoned CC weapons for death guard, and base 5+ for line guys), price reduction to the marks

Slaneesh remain the same but with another name, sonic weaponry still there, basic weapon is free for cult and normal csm can have it as an upgrade for the unit.

I really like Blood Angels, should I care about them not being "competitive?"

You're just applying Age of Sigmar stuff to 40k stuff.

That shadow shit is already hinted at with Morathi and the Shadow Daemons.

If you want to play a bit more competitively, use the 30k rules.

Other than that, don't worry about it.

That's for AoS, in 40k will be carnac's favourite bitch.

Yeah but all you're doing is saying stuff that's been hinted at in AoS will happen in 40k and applying AoS style stats to 40k stuff.

This isn't convincing at all. Post your sources.

>A FUCKING ROCK

These are magical space lizard rocks, you simpleton. Probably carved from the sacred quarries of the first Slanns' spawning pools.

Alright don't believe me, see ya when the sky is falling.

Also forgot
>Death guard 17ppm
>while the sorcerer is still alive TS become relentless instead of slow and purposeful
>marks will become an x price for the whole unit instead of paying for each miniature regardless of the squad size.

Sorry for the slaneesh fags.

What does the Imperium uses for carrying supplies around particularly on land? Do they have space trucks or something?

Depends on the planet, it can go from old trucks to gravity lifts.

Goliaths, or things like them.

Out your ass then?

Who is Carnac? I always hear the threads shittalking him but I've never learned why he's so hated. Anyone care to give me a quick rundown?

If youre gonna fish for the terrain moving spell then yeah, plasma, combi plasma or melta combi-melta (I run one of each and they do ok-ish). And if you get the spell, dont deepstrike the termies, launch em too, combi-meltas for them though, in case of vehicles.

Also, if youre running 3 or more sorc get the cabal, the spell is worth it.

top kek user. This deserves a reply.

usually just run of the mill trucks

>terrain moving spell

It's a hard choice between fishing for that or for the slingshot/switch spells. I do like the geo stuff, though, especially the shoot through anything power for the havoks or something.

Speaking of, ML or AC for Havoks?

>cabal

I wish that was usable in the Decurion, which is what I'm building towards because I do love that formation.

Repeating question from last post.

50 guardsmen with slow and purposeful and missile launchers or heavy stubbers. What special weapons do I give them?

there was a fuedal planet in some story. that thought (wagon) wheels were heresy because they looked kinda like a chaos star. so they had horse drawn hoversleds instead of carriages and wagons.

Last thread I meant.

>or heavy stubbers
Guardsmen cant have heavy stubbers, sadly. That would be awesome special weapon for them.

Mean autocannons. I'd have taken heavy stubbers in a heardbeat if I could.

They should let you move terrain on top of enemy models and make it a tank shock or a Jaws of the World Wolf effect. You're telling me my psyker can move mountains and rearrange tectonic plates, but not if some faggot is standing in front of it?

Does anyone else find it weird how Space Marine Librarians have no invulnerable save base? You'd think they'd at least have a Rosarius.

The 4++ is only for melee HQs.

How do i into tourney gene cult?

>You'd think they'd at least have a Rosarius.
Do you know what Rosarius or Iron Halo means in fluff? It makes sense that librarians dont have either.

MSU up the ass of Timo. Decurion + CAD. First Claw, multiple subterrain uprisings and so many Patriarchs that you can fit in.

And Patriarchs > Magus. For all he gets for extra +50pts is so worth it.

>I wish that was usable in the Decurion, which is what I'm building towards because I do love that formation.

Is that Cabal power that good? Cause you can just take psykers as command choices in the decurion anyway.

>Timo
Umm whats that?

>Is that Cabal power that good? Cause you can just take psykers as command choices in the decurion anyway.
Its nice. But the thing is t hat you can easily bring multiple sorcerers. Its not really known fact but CSM Sorcerers are actually waaaaay better than SM Librarians. lvl3 and rerolls to psychic tests are awesome perks that librarians cant really match.

It is pretty good, especially if I'm going to be taking extra sorcerers anyway, which I am because not!Thousand Sons

Nevermind, I'm just being funny and failing hard at it.

its cool
how should i outfit the acolytes, genestealers and metamorphs? just barebones? and the which core choice should i take for the decurion?

>FAQ Space Marines
>In addition, Psychic Hoods now confer a 4+ Invulnerable Save

>Veeky Forums : SPESS Marines are immune to disease and any illnesses that affect mortal men
>Reality : Fabius Bile's body is ravaged by cancer. It's slowly killing him. Despite his extensive medical knowledge and marine physiology, he is powerless to cure it. He spent his time looking for a cure for his condition

Why do you guys lie like this?

i added a guardian to have a gunmodel and 2 crew....

Bile's super cancer would immediately erase a normal man from existence.

Heeeh...pansies.

Afaik it makes sense for space marines to be more prone to cancer (or at least have worse kinds of cancer), because they (and their cells) regenerate better than normal human beens.
Also I seriously hope your not rustled by inconsistencies in 40k fluff my friend.

explain this to me

Who are the ruleres the Imperium again?

I like the big family as my core instead of NOT-IG. They can be pretty barebones. Except metamorphs should always have mix of claws and/or whips. On SubRisings you can put some extra points into their wargear. Icons are good since that ups you to ws5. Saws are good on acolytes so you can tackle bigger threats.

And invisible First Curse is a horrible unit to face against.

*unsheaths warcsythe*
*teleports behind his opponent*

Nothing personnel [indecipherable glyphs and gibberish]

Deadmen.

If I remember, Fabius Bile is the last Space Marine known to have this flaw. It was a specific flaw in the EC geneseed that led to them nearly all dying out. They fixed it, but he still has it and lies about it, otherwise they would have killed him pre-heresy.

They didn't fix it, just used fresh Genestock from Fulgrim that didn't have the flaw.

This is correct.

What about Mortarion and his Death Guard?

reposing question from last thread which just died.

Question about 40k tabletop, for space marine and space marine likes:

Are there any examples of techpriests with loadouts including both servoarms/servoharnesses AND jump packs?
You know, masters of the forge, techmarines, whatever army entry thats close enough to count. I suppose terminators would count too, but mainly I'm interested if there's examples of flying servofists.

The only thing i've seen is i think servoharness+artificer armor but that was back around 4th/5th.

man, i was reading the chapter approved 2nd book of the astronomican and in the letters section i saw them make a low power firing mode for plasmas that didn't have gets hot, like plasmas had in editions before that. it's S5, AP4. And honestly if plasma had an alt profile like that currently i really wouldn't mind. it'd make me feel like actually taking them instead of constantly thinking about "but it gets hot"

Anyone seen the Legio Custodes on the table yet? I'm tempted to start an army of them....also I'm not 100% sure but do you think these plastic Custodes are the terminator varient of Custodes and if they're going to release sleeker normal custodes?

There's an asterisk next to the rules for jump packs that explicitly says terminators can't take them. And then a second footnote just to say the asterisk also applies to techmarines. Those motherfuckers are literally singled out and not allowed to take jump packs.

And why would you put a shitty jump pack on a heavy suit of armor that's too heavy for it and can teleport faster than jetpacks anyway? And what would a techmarine be doing flying around anyway? He's probably too heavy for the pack with a harness anyway, let alone ignoring the fact that the harness gets in the way and leaves no room for a jump pack. What game have you seen where the engineer class flies around on boosters while wrenching vehicles back to full health?

Firefall is about the only one and that's because EVERYONE has a jetpack in that game. Even the fucking gatling gun heavies.

Basically is correct

>original EC are mostly drawn from Europa aristos on Terra
>EC's geneseed reserve gets destroyed in transit
>still have Terran geneseed vault
>targeted blight attack "ruins" much of vault and all of EC's
>EC's are scrambling to make up for losses
>a lot of EC aspirants are given infected geneseed in the rush
>Fabius figures out how to test for it
>standard practice becomes to killing the infected
>turns out he got the infected geneseed too
>Fabius lies about it since he considers his work too important
>uses bio to extend lifespan and eventually turns to the warp for help

I'm like 5 editions out of date. Any chance you can like, screencap that particuar section for me?

Last i played was the time of vanguard squads, special rules and shit for everything, and veteran squads that grab whatever they dang well please - iirc command companies/command squads/veterans or something both had jump pack options and upgrade-to-apothecary/techmarine options so...

They weren't able to take jump packs in 5E or 6E either but dunno about before that. The harness also increases their bulkiness and bulky units that take up transport space are always barred from jump packs.

thanks bro

yes.
and if he dies they no longer have hit and run

I recently picked up 3 Troupe boxes to start up some Harlequins, what should I snag next? This is just some sloppy quick colour scheme testing if you wanna check it out.

What are some of guards best units? Right now I'm tryin to buy up a list to field a few veteran squads in chims, some wyverns, and some psykers. I'd pick up some scout sentinels if they weren't so damn expensive.

I don't really care for Leman Russes too much due to the movement speed and limitations and implicit risks (ordnance and gets hot), but with prescience and the right kit I bet I could make a Russ or two pretty fearsome.

Aside from that, how good are Hellhounds and Vendettas?

Vultures, Heavy Artillery Carriages and Malcador Infernus(with chem-ammo).

Voidweavers, Shadowseers, Death Jesters, and Skyweavers are all extremely good and compliment your troupes heavily. If you're going to be footslogging them at all, and you should not be, shadowseers are a requirement so they don't get shot to shit. Even when you get transports, if you get the right powers you can give them a 2+ jink the turn they boost 30" into enemy territory.

Nah, don't try to play them like a typical white scar tryhard detachment and you won't be disappointed.

Play to the BA's strengths, Death Companies, Furioso dreads, that one formation that lets you deep strike assault terminators and then assault.