Does Abaddon have any real chance to dismantle the Imperium or is he just a meme?

Does Abaddon have any real chance to dismantle the Imperium or is he just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

investor.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Combined-document-with-front-page.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Does Abaddon have any real chance to dismantle the Imperium
Yep and pretty soon.

I thought his goal isn't to actually take down the Imperium because causing War and Despair is what fuels the Chaos gods?

And I thought you are an sentient and intelligent human being, user. Thanks for proving me wrong.

No, his goal is to unseat the Emperor and take his place as Dark Emperor of Mankind. This is basic stuff like the colour of the Ultramarines. If you cannot get that then must go back.

Green?

He's a meme and he will never not be one, no matter how many retcons GW rolls out

I thought his goal was to lead the forces of chaos in such a pathetic manner that when he finally fucks it up to the point that he spawns a Chaos God of Impotence and Patheticness, thereby creating the ultimate force of Chaos, fueled by the forces of millions of Basement Dwellers that exist throughout the multitude of Hive Worlds.

GW didn't retcon anything about him or his crusades. Luckily, memes are not canon and Abaddon will eventually win because like it or not, he is in the right like WHFB Archaon.

>t Mad Imperialfag

Abaddon is going to win, if the setting advances. You got to live with it.

And the setting is advancing. Ynnead got botched, the Chaos Primarchs are coming back, a new Cadian storyline is a brewing.

Close enough

>in the right like WHFB Archaon

From a lore perspective, yes he does have a chance. From a meta and business perspective, no. If the Imperium loses, then it might cause neckbeards and paying customers to lose their shit.

>the World was weak and corrupted to the core, ruled over by uncaring and hypocritical gods
>The world was dying since the first invasion
>It was time to put it out of its misery and end all the suffering
>From the ashes of the sundered world, a new world will emerge stronger and purer than what came before it

Also fuck Sigmar for abandoning his most faithful in his direst hour of need.

>GW didn't retcon anything about him or his crusades.
>or his crusades
yes they did

though I'm sure you already knew that and were just fishing for a (you)

Nope, disregarding the 13th Black Crusade which ended as a minor victory for Chaos, none of his crusades were retconned.

>disregarding the crusade that was retconned, none of his crusades were retconned
okay

Most of the early events of the 13th Black Crusades are happening as they happened before. And Like I said, the retconned Crusade ended with a minor victory for Chaos.

The new version (which is the focus on the new storyline) will most likely end with a major victory when Abaddon sacks Cadia.

So if you want to use it as a case for his incompetence, then you dun goofed.

Now it's Abaddon's turn.

>‘You do not just mean forming a new warband. You mean a new Legion. A new war.’

>His gaze never left mine. I felt it holding my eyes to his, felt the ambitious heat of fevered thoughts.

>‘A new war,’ he agreed. ‘The real war. We were born for battle, Khayon. We were made to conquer the galaxy, not to rot here in Hell and die upon our brothers’ blades. Who are the architects of the Imperium? Who fought to purge its territory of aliens and expand its borders? Who brought rebellious worlds to heel and slaughtered those who refused the light of progress? Who walked from one side of the galaxy to the other, marking their passage in a trail of traitorous dead? This is our Imperium. Built across the worlds we burned, over bones we broke, with the blood we shed.’

>What stunned me most was not his passion, nor even his ambition, though both were breathtaking in their scope. No, what stunned me more than anything else was his motive. I had expected a failure’s bitterness, not a champion’s idealism. He did not want vengeance, whether it was petty or ultimately justified. He wanted what was ours by right. He wanted to shape the Imperium’s future.

>‘You see it, too,’ he said, baring his teeth in a snarling grin. Like the rest of the Justaerin, his teeth were engraved with Cthonian runes of fortitude and resolve. They seemed very apt all of a sudden, in the smile of a pilgrim returning to his people to become a crusader. ‘You feel it now, don’t you?’

>‘A new war,’ I said slowly, softly. ‘One not born of bitterness nor founded on revenge.’

>Abaddon nodded. ‘The Long War, Khayon. The Long War. Not a petty rebellion swallowed by Horus’s pride and his hunger for the Terran Throne. A war for the future of mankind. Horus would have sold the species to the Pantheon for the chance to sit on the Golden Throne for a single heartbeat. We cannot allow ourselves to be used the way he was. The Powers exist and we can’t pretend otherwise, but nor can we allow a sacred duty to devolve into such weakness, as Horus did.’

-Talon of Horus

Archaon & Abaddon = Good Guys

Sigmar & The Emperor = Bad Guys

One side want to usher in a new world/existence where humanity would find its salvation.

The other side wants to maintain the status quo that will eventually decay into eternal damnation.

So 40k End Times confirmed?

Nah. They just advance the setting for a bit and then they will freeze it. Don't want them Imperialfags to riot when they get their teeth kicked in.

Are they going to beef up his stats given how hard they're pushing the 'clone of Horus' narrative in the latest fluff and BL stuff?

>Nah. They just advance the setting for a bit and then they will freeze it.
Well I cannot see way to freeze Eldars since they are totally fucked.

Can't wait for orks to just kind of be there, and then get quietly swept under the rug after a few token victories against places that don't matter.

>Abaddon is going to win, if the setting advances. You got to live with it.
Oh really, how will chaos beat the awakening necrons and the oncoming mega swarm of tyranids when they are constantly getting cucked by a bunch of half extinct elves and an empire that has been falling apart for 10,000 years?
Also how would Abaddon defeat a reborn Emperor when he is just an inferior clone of the last guy who got wrecked by the emperor?

>armless abby the cryin' babby being relevant
No
Either the nids are gonna nom everything when their main fleet arrives or orks are just gonna turn the entire place green and trash it at the command of ghaz

wez ganna make da galaxy go green boyz, cuz day boyz are powah'd by da waaagh!

For the first time in 10K years, the Chaos Gods and all of Chaos have united under one figure like never before.

The Necrons are a disjointed mess and the Tyranids are too late for the party. The Warpocalypse is happening and it will blast the whole galaxy into the Warp. There is no force in the galaxy capable of stopping.

>reborn Emperor
>inferior clone

Nice headcanon. There is no rebirth for the Emperor.

And even if there was, remember the Luthor KO'ed the Lion and that Archaon in WHFB/AoS defeated Sigmar TWICE.

We have been over this. Valedor, the Beast series, and a lot of other novels and rulebooks has in-verse and out-verse speech that says that the Tyranids, Necrons, and Orks are just distractions for the greatest of threats aka as Chaos.

You guys remind me of the Undeadfags, Skavenfags, and Orcfags in WHFB. Boy, were they BTFO. You are digging yourselves a big hole and when it finally HAPPENS, I will bury you in it and I will dance over your graves.

Pretty sure Valedor literally had the Spiritseer think to herself about how the Galaxy's probably gonna end up eaten by the Nids.

Also is WHFB End Times a good example of Chaos Winning? Since it lead to a setting, AoS, where the Chaos Gods seem much weaker, by relative comparison, to their opponents. Kinda seems like they fucked themselves really.

Chaosfags should just kill themselves.

>Undeadfags, Skavenfags
Both those factions gave a pretty good account of themselves in the End Times, hell every other faction in the setting was shitting bricks about Nagash.

It's only the greenskins that got written out of 90% of it to go fight places that no-one cared about.

Aren't he Skaven pretty much key to Archaon's victory? Blowing up the Black Pyramid, taking out the Lizardmen, keeping Kroak occupied, wiping out hordes of humans, helping take Middenheim?

And didn't the End Times Novel state that if Grimgor's Beast Waaagh!!! actually got to the Old World they'd just run over everything?

I mean face it Archaon won because Middenheim has a magical 'Chaos Wins' button buried beneath it apparently. Pretty lazy plot writing and doesn't make Archaon look very impressive.

Besides his whole plan just lead to more worlds and now he's trying to blow those up for the Chaos Gods too. Dude's like a broken-record.

>Pretty sure Valedor literally had the Spiritseer think to herself about how the Galaxy's probably gonna end up eaten by the Nids.

The whole novel is presenting that the Tyranids are not the true threat. The victory of Tyranids in Duriel, according to the vision, will eventually lead to Chaos winning. Chaos will destroy the Eldar and flood the galaxy corrupting everything. Eventually, Chaos will disappear leaving the Tyranids and Necrons to do as they please with the galaxy. However, it should be noted that this is a vision which proven false by the rulebook which states that when Chaos wins, there will nothing left in the galaxy. No life, no space, no time. Only eternal Chaos.

>AoS, where the Chaos Gods seem much weaker, by relative comparison, to their opponents.

Are you kidding me? You haven't read anything AoS have you? The setting begins with Chaos BTFO the Pantheon and forces of Order in the mortal Realms and conquering all realms save one. Chaos set up a dominion over the realms and twisted them all to hellish landscapes of suffering and madness. This lasted for centuries. Now the Forces of Order and striking back in form of uprisings and freedom fighting, but Chaos remains the overwhelmingly dominant power in the realms.

And all of this Order struggling could prove to be in vain because the Eye of Sgerrin which has a 10/10 record in futuresight has shown Archaon the future where he destroys Sigmar and heralds a new age of terror.

>Aren't he Skaven pretty much key to Archaon's victory?

The Skavenfags thought themselves to be above mainstream Chaos. In the end they turned out to be puppets. The Chaos Gods manipulated the Horned Rat and the Skaven to do their bidding. Using them as cannon fodder to get rid of the Lizardmen and cripple the dwarfen Kingdom.

The whole ascendancy of the Skaven race proved to be a sham, as their race were grinded down for Chaos;s purpose and then enslaved to Archaon's will.

I just don't see him providing better governance than the current administration, honestly. Despite what area he might conquer and hold, the Imperium's infrastructure is still broken and decaying. He would face the same challenges of running a space-faring civilization with downright feodal tech levels.

and then the Horned Rat replaced Slaanesh in AoS, for some reason.

Because Slaanesh is a hard sell to soccer moms, I know.

So Valedor does end with a vision saying the Nids and Necrons will win in the end? Okay, thanks for confirming I was right user.

Um Chaos didn't find Alarielle? Slaanesh got taken out by Aelves, Malerion can literally blind Tzeentch, the Lizardmen are now immortal Order Daemons, Chaos can't do jackshit to Heavens, Ironjawz book says Orks have been thriving and that they've destroyed the main Chaos Fort on Ghur three times and are having a rocking time, and now Order's seized two Realm Gates.

Yeah its pretty clear that compared to old WHFB's "We can never win ever" motif the "We can literally fight their armies and take back our Realm Gates" is a step up. Not to mention literally kidnapping a Chaos God.

Besides if the Eye of Sigerrin is so good why didn't it tell Archaon that blowing up the WHFB world would just lead to even more worlds and a more powerful Sigmar? Its prophecy powers seem pretty shit.

Also is Chaos really overwhelmingly dominent? They've been getting beat up in Beast Realm (Ironjawz just took the Beast Gate), Life Realm (Sylvaneth just took the Life Gate), Fire Realm (Sigmarines just took the Fire Gate) and then ontop of that we're told that Archaon's men who go into the Light and Dark realm just disappear and its 'spooky'! Only Gates he's still holding for sure are Metal and Death.

And Chaos got trounced in Seasons of War too.

And then the Horned Rat became a member of the Pantheon? Skaven quite clearly got the best deal in End Times, they've literally become one of the Big Four Chaos God Factions now.

>For the first time in 10K years, the Chaos Gods and all of Chaos have united under one figure like never before.
How well did that turn out the last time. When Chaos got a sneak attack and actually held half the Empire instead of just a few backwards worlds
but I am sure they will be able to beat all the new threats that have arisen and the Empire .... they already lost to before.

> Luthor KO'ed the Lion
You must be trolling he struck him when Lion tried to show mercy because they had been family. No one in the empire is going to give a fuck if Abaddon gets BTFO and they sure as hell wont show him mercy.
>Archaon in WHFB/AoS defeated Sigmar
WOW if only sigmar was the God Emperor and Archaon was actually Abaddon you would have a point

>Nice headcanon. There is no rebirth for the Emperor.
What is the Star Child?, What is Thorianism?, Who are the Illuminati?
Also Implying Abaddon defeating everyone and taking over the whole galaxy is not headcanon? Checkm8 heretic.

>failbaddon the armless one
>is he a meme
i dunno OP, you tell me?

>So Valedor does end with a vision saying the Nids and Necrons will win in the end? Okay, thanks for confirming I was right user.

After Chaos wins and gets finishes with the galaxy.

>Um Chaos didn't find Alarielle?

The Everqueen realm is in rotten shambles.

>Slaanesh got taken out by Aelves

With the help of Khorne and Tzeentch. They didn't do it alone.

>the Lizardmen are now immortal Order Daemons

Still weaklings that couldn't stop Chaos from winning the first time around.

>Chaos can't do jackshit to Heavens

The Gates of Azyr are open. Chaos are invading Azyr.

>Ironjawz book says Orks have been thriving

So are the Chaos hordes and the Chaos hordes hold dominance over Ghur while the Orruks do not.

>Besides if the Eye of Sigerrin is so good why didn't it tell Archaon that blowing up the WHFB world would just lead to even more worlds and a more powerful Sigmar? Its prophecy powers seem pretty shit.

Shreein*

The Eye on rare occasions the Eye shows Archaon glimpses of the future. Most of the time it shows a few moments into the future. He doesn't control when the Eye decides to gaze into the far future or what it will show him.

The Eye showed him that he was going to win in the End Times and win he did. Also the Eye showed him every major event in AoS that concerns him. All of them except one, happened. The one is yet to happen. Also Sigmar is not a match to Archaon in AoS.

>Also is Chaos really overwhelmingly dominent?

Yes, despite the victories at the Allgates, Chaos realms the dominant force in the realms. What Order did was cut off the some realms from the Allgate/Varanspire stopping Chaotic reinforcements from pouring where every they please.

That's actually something I really don't get about Abaddon.

So, like, Horus literally had the advantage of surprise, more than half the Mechanicum and half the Imperium on his side and still lost horribly.

So how does Abaddon, who controls barely nothing in numbers and resources compared to that, pose a threat? I just don't understand GW's logic, like they need to explain to me what makes Abaddon so dangerous.

The other three gods, including Archaon don't consider him an equal and see him as a lesser. Current, he is acting as a lacky to Nurgle more than his own god. It's hinted that he has some major plan to elevate his rank further among the gods but who knows?

>fags
>s

tfw like Chaos and Abaddon and have to share a board with Carnac

I don't know, that's why I created a thread to get answers?

That still means it ends with a Necron, Nid victory dude. Not Chaos.

Also isn't the Everqueen's realm literally now being reborn, winning the Seasons of War and going back on the Offensive? If Chaos beat them so badly how is that happening?

Also none of that changes that Slaanesh got kidnapped by just three Aelves.

Also where does it say Chaos holds dominance over Ghur? Last I checked Bonejawz and Ironjawz pretty much say its an Orruk paradise where they go as they please, including capturing the Realmgate and wiping out the main Chaos Fortress on it three times.

Seems pretty clear you're just hyper-exaggerating a few small facts.

When does it say he's a lackey for Nurgle? I must have missed that part.

>How well did that turn out the last time

The way the Chaos Gods wanted since they wanted Horus to fail.

And by the way, Abaddon united the warp and harnessed in a way Horus never did. His armies and legions dwarf anything Horus ever commanded.

>WOW if only sigmar was the God Emperor and Archaon was actually Abaddon you would have a point

Sigmar was a god. Archaon was a man. Archaon won.

Saying that the Emperor is somehow superior to Abaddon because Abaddon is a mortal is a fallacy.

>You must be trolling he struck him when Lion tried to show mercy because they had been family.

Did he or did he not get KO'ed? Mercy or not, it's a matter of ability.

>What is the Star Child?, What is Thorianism?, Who are the Illuminati?

Old bullshit.

>Also Implying Abaddon defeating everyone and taking over the whole galaxy is not headcanon? Checkm8 heretic.

The Emperor himself has foreseen that Abaddon and Co will be the death of him and the Imperium.

Where are Abaddon's armies which dwarf Horus' armies, which is half the Imperium at its height, coming from?

Ultramarine or cobalt blue?

Protip, hes a meme that chaosfags prop up to show they don't fail at life even though thats not true.
Chaosfags claim to be winning only because they can't actually stay dead as of right now, theres enough methods being worked on to shit in chaos punchbowl to completely fuck them if shit actually works, which it won't since GW is retardedshit and grimderp is the name of the game. Lolinfinite continues does not mean you guys don't suck ass, it means you do in fact suck, traitor primarchs suck, chaos gods suck, and these stupid shits can't even kill a giant pack of regular people with fucking flashlights after 10,000 years.
Its incredible.

>That still means it ends with a Necron, Nid victory dude. Not Chaos.

It begins with Chaos winning and it's a vision that was averted. Furthermore, like I said the vision is false. Chaos winning will not leave anything behind.

>Also isn't the Everqueen's realm literally now being reborn, winning the Seasons of War and going back on the Offensive? If Chaos beat them so badly how is that happening?

They got some ground and took the Allgate but the majority of the Realm of Life remains in Nurgle's hands.

>Also none of that changes that Slaanesh got kidnapped by just three Aelves.

Two and it changes everything. They wouldn't have succeeded without the help of the two most powerful Chaos Gods also the fact that Slaanesh was crippled.

>Also where does it say Chaos holds dominance over Ghur? Last I checked Bonejawz and Ironjawz pretty much say its an Orruk paradise where they go as they please, including capturing the Realmgate and wiping out the main Chaos Fortress on it three times.

"Age of Sigmar" and Everchosen Battletome. Chaos holds dominion over all the realms except Azyr. When the Storm of Sigmar began, the Chaos forces were in the process of wiping out the last embers of resistance.

How can they be in the process of wiping out the last 'embers' of resistance if the Ironjawz are thriving and we're told every attempt to wipe out the Orruks by Chaos has failed?

Night lord omnibus.

Also I think the Black Legion supplement. Which says that the 13th Black Crusade is the largest Chaos invasion of real space.

t. failurefaction that can't even fight off guardmen with their shitty meme weapons, even if you win you all fail at everything since you all suck so much, you can literally only win via attrition because you shits are so damn unskilled with everything. if necrons gave a singular fuck and woke up you lot would lose in 5 minutes.

>Thirteenth times the charm boys.

>Wait, are we counting the Horus Heresy? I guess it's the fourteenth time then.

If your argument hinges on Age of Sigmar being repeated in 40k, what you're really fessing up to is that you're okay with the setting going completely to shit so long as your favorite toy army gets to win a pretend battle.

By destroying the Cadian pylons, the whole galaxt will be covered by the Eye of Terror eventually. This means that Necrons and Tyranids are downright screwed. Orks will be culled by the Dark Imperium and its daemonic allies.

With the major threats taken cared off, gluing back the Imperium would be easy. The issue that remains is that the Chaos Gods will seek to subvert Abaddon's rule since he would have to cheat them in order to save mankind and establish his Dark Imperium.

A WD article that notes that four gods and IIRC the Grand Alliances lore.

They don't have to wipe out all the Orruks. It will happen automatically when the Realm is totally corrupted. They need just corrupt and taint the right places. With enough corruption, the realms would crash down into the Realm of Chaos and be consumed.

>The way the Chaos Gods wanted since they wanted Horus to fail.
Oh the Chaos gods wanted to get their asses kicked they just let the emperor beat the shit out of them kek.

>And by the way, Abaddon united the warp and harnessed in a way Horus never did. His armies and legions dwarf anything Horus ever commanded.
Nice headcanon kek

>Sigmar was a god. Archaon was a man. Archaon won. Saying that the Emperor is somehow superior to Abaddon because Abaddon is a mortal is a fallacy.
Nice false analogy. Nice strawman.

>Did he or did he not get KO'ed? Mercy or not, it's a matter of ability.
If Muhammad Ali lets me sucker punch him, that means I can beat him in a fight kek

>Old bullshit.
Only the canon I like is canon kek

>The Emperor himself has foreseen that Abaddon and Co will be the death of him and the Imperium.
Sauce or didnt happen

1/10 bait, too many fallacies, too many ridiculous claims, too obvious.

>Oh the Chaos gods wanted to get their asses kicked they just let the emperor beat the shit out of them kek.

No, the Chaos Gods decided that Horus to fail and die. We are talking new canon here.

>Nice headcanon kek

Night lord Omnibus and the Black Legion supplement.

>Nice false analogy. Nice strawman.

Wrong. It's a fair analogy. Fairer still because the events of WHFB and 40K tend to parallel each other.

>If Muhammad Ali lets me sucker punch him, that means I can beat him in a fight kek

Who says the final fight will be a fair fight? Abaddon already defeated the Traitor Primarchs and forced him to kneel before him. His ability and resources is not in question.

>Only the canon I like is canon kek

The HH series pretty much craps all over it with the Molceh and Perpetual lore. Now which lore would GW go with?

>Sauce or didnt happen

Talon of Horus. "The Solar Priest" chapter.

>Archaon in WHFB/AoS defeated Sigmar TWICE
And Grimgor beat Archaon.

That means that GRIMGOR IS DA BEST

Age of Sigmar is pretty dope though.

It's so metal and ANIME at the same time you wouldn't believe. We need a new word for it. Animetal? Metanime?

Whatever comes after 40K would interesting. How far can they go with an already extreme setting?

Because the fluff says Abaddon somehow controls more forces than Horus ever did.

I'm pretty sure that we don't really know what that being was. And we're talking about A "Chaos cocksucker" DB here.
Plus the fluff says that the only reason the Emperor is still clinging to life is because humanity and the galaxy as a whole needs his protection from the Chaos gods. If humanity evolves then the Emperor can be reborn and go on to kick Chaos ass. Which would actually be severely weakened by the new psyker master race not giving a fuck about them.

>We need a new word for it. Animetal? Metanime?
WoW?

Grimgor got his head chopped off by Archaon. His soul is probably still in the Slayer of King.

Ironically, he saved Sigmar by shattering the Eye of Sheerin with is head during the fight. If the Eye remained intact, then Archaon would have insta-crippled&killed Sigmar. Without Grimgor, there would be no Swigmar.

reminder that this is the latest officially endorsed image of archaon the everchosen.

Fuck off WHFB you are dead.

Khayon recognized what it was. Pretty much everyone with a witchsight did.

It came out of the Light of the Golden Throne and radiated its "holy light" that hurt anything Chaos touched. The normal dudes of deck, couldn't see it. They saw an inferno of light and heard the screams of the psykers being fed to the Emperor and the engine that powers the light,

Also ADB is the one rewriting the new Emprah and Abaddon lore. Give the guy some credit. His stuff is good.

>Plus the fluff says that the only reason the Emperor is still clinging to life

Or is it the fact the moment that he dies, the Chaos Gods will tear him apart. From the Beast series we see a scene where the Chaos Gods are circling Terra like sharks circling a wounded whale.

I could see Abaddon spending the rest of the eternity fighting endless civil wars after establishing his rule and balkanization of the Imperium. The big four aren't known for willing to share their toys, after all.

If AOS is so good, why isn't GW licensing it to increase cross promotion for their superior products?

Last I checked they ran a promotion for this gentleman so that people would buy their magazines and look at their Duardin fyreslayers and Orruk warbosses.

How about a waste of an IP. Because so far I'm not impressed. To much of the law reads like it was written by some spotty faced edgefag. uhh Abaddon wins forever and ever because he is teh spiky git. The only models I like (that weren't created for Fantasy) Are the whatever the fuck the tree kin are. And the only fluff I like is the Ogre stuff.
What is dead may never die. Which I guess is the problem with the failed corpse that is AoS.

>Which I guess is the problem with the failed corpse that is AoS.

In reality, AoS is selling better than WHFB did in YEARS

>dat buttblaste WHFBfanboys in denial

Excuse me, but any proofs?

>denial
>he says as GW literally begs CA to do a cross promotion so that people physically come to their store and MAYBE buy a few models.

>No, the Chaos Gods decided that Horus to fail and die. We are talking new canon here.
Horus failed because he was killed by the Emperor not because the Chaos gods struck him down. Try again
Night lord Omnibus and the Black Legion supplement.
citing a book with 1000s of pages as a source kinda makes it seem like you are bullshitting. Why dont you cite an actual quote?
>Who says the final fight will be a fair fight? Abaddon already defeated the Traitor Primarchs and forced him to kneel before him. His ability and resources is not in question.
Emperor>Primarch Empire>Handful of shit worlds
>The HH series pretty much craps all over it with the Molceh and Perpetual lore. Now which lore would GW go with?
If the Emperor is a perpetual that just proves thorianism right
>Talon of Horus. "The Solar Priest" chapter.
Quote, quote, my kingdom for a quote.

investor.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Combined-document-with-front-page.pdf

>We learnt some valuable lessons during the year on how to deliver product system changes on this scale and as we released more of the range in the second half of the year, we finished the year with sales of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar at a higher rate than Warhammer has enjoyed for several years.

I like to think that he genuinely would have a chance if not for the Chaos gods stopping him

>We don't care about FFG success says Kirby
>No, there is no way that X-wing could be competitor to 40k and the whole GW
>No, 40k is too popular to have End Times
Why Emperor's enemies always acting so stupid?

>Horus failed because he was killed by the Emperor not because the Chaos gods struck him down. Try again

Nice headcanon. But in the Venegful Spirit and Talon of Horus we see that the Chaos Gods intended for Horus to fail.

>citing a book with 1000s of pages as a source kinda makes it seem like you are bullshitting. Why dont you cite an actual quote?

You want me to dump big quotes? Alright.

>Emperor>Primarch Empire>Handful of shit worlds

Emperor = Champion powered by the Four

Eye of Terror > Imperium

>If the Emperor is a perpetual that just proves thorianism right

Also disproves his divinity and makes him a wayward lackey of Chaos.

>Quote, quote, my kingdom for a quote.
Right.

Is that from Kirby's preamble?
Also, I asked about real numbers, not words.

>it's chaos fags are buttblasted episode

Lying to investors is a crime, user.

Dude, chaos fags are winning.

>‘I wanted to know something before you died, Ruven. What did you gain from that first betrayal? Why did you turn from the Eighth Legion and wear the colours of Horus’s Sons?’

>‘We are all Horus’s sons. We all carry his legacy with us.’ Ruven couldn’t help the edge of passion creeping into his tone. ‘Abaddon is the Bane of the Imperium, brother. His is the name whispered by a trillion frightened souls. Have you heard the legends? The Imperium even believes him to be Horus’s cloned son. And he bears that legend for a reason. The Imperium will fall. Perhaps not this century, and perhaps not the next. But it will fall, and Abaddon will be there, boot on the throat of the Emperor’s bloodless corpse. Abaddon will be there the night the Astronomican dies and the Imperium – at last – falls dark.’

>‘You still believe we can win this war?’ Talos hesitated, for this was something he’d simply never expected. ‘If Horus failed, what chance does his son have?’

>‘Every chance, for no matter what you or I might say, it’s a destiny written in the stars themselves. How much larger are the forces in the Eye now, than those that first fled after the failed Siege of Terra? How many billions of men, how many countless thousands of ships, have rallied to the Warmaster’s banner in ten millennia? Abaddon’s might eclipses anything Horus ever commanded. You know that as well as I. If we could refrain from butchering one another for long enough, we’d already be pissing on the Imperium’s bones.’

-Night Lords Omnibus

>‘I wanted to know something before you died, Ruven. What did you gain from that first betrayal? Why did you turn from the Eighth Legion and wear the colours of Horus’s Sons?’

>‘We are all Horus’s sons. We all carry his legacy with us.’ Ruven couldn’t help the edge of passion creeping into his tone. ‘Abaddon is the Bane of the Imperium, brother. His is the name whispered by a trillion frightened souls. Have you heard the legends? The Imperium even believes him to be Horus’s cloned son. And he bears that legend for a reason. The Imperium will fall. Perhaps not this century, and perhaps not the next. But it will fall, and Abaddon will be there, boot on the throat of the Emperor’s bloodless corpse. Abaddon will be there the night the Astronomican dies and the Imperium – at last – falls dark.’

>‘You still believe we can win this war?’ Talos hesitated, for this was something he’d simply never expected. ‘If Horus failed, what chance does his son have?’

>‘Every chance, for no matter what you or I might say, it’s a destiny written in the stars themselves. How much larger are the forces in the Eye now, than those that first fled after the failed Siege of Terra? How many billions of men, how many countless thousands of ships, have rallied to the Warmaster’s banner in ten millennia? Abaddon’s might eclipses anything Horus ever commanded. You know that as well as I. If we could refrain from butchering one another for long enough, we’d already be pissing on the Imperium’s bones.’

-Night Lords Omnibus

>Lying to investors is a crime, user.
Without numbers words such person as Kirby's costs nothing, it's the same man who said that Specialist Games were unpopular, but for some reasons they bringing it back.
And since most of investors are Kirby's friends I think he could say anything in public.

>"You are a threat to the Singer"
>"The fate you seek to engineer cannot be allowed to come to pass"
>"These instruments of destruction? The damnation of Mankind?"
>"Your are the death of empires"
>You will be the end of the Imperium. Is this what you wanted for yourselves when you first looked up to the night sky as children on your home worlds?"

Some quotes from the Solar Priest aka Avatar of the Emperor about Abaddon and Co. From the Talon of Horus novel. To be exact from the "Solar Priest" chapter.

That doesn't prove it was the Emperor or someone talking for him.
>Chaos will kill the Emperor
See, we don't know that. There are only 2 concrete informations about the Emperor and Chaos. That he is the only thing keeping Chaos from devouring reality and that humanity evolved could protect itself. Even his rebirth, altough very likely, is not 100% to happen.
My headcanon is that the Emperor is able to easily bitchslap the Chaos gods, but he has to focus everything on protecting the galaxy. If humanity was doing that by itself, then he could bring his full powers to bear. It's also why Chaos wants him dead before the evolution happens.

It's okay ADB, daddy can't hurt you here. Show us on the dolly where he touched you.

Seriously though your entire argument settles on believing the word of the Chaos gods and CSMs, who are about as unbiased as asking your average Commisar if the Emperor is a breddy cool guy, or the blueberries if muh greater good is actually good.

The idea that Chaos wanted Horus to fail is as nonsensical as the idea that the Emperor is just a perpetual that they empowered. If they truly were the ones that empowered him, much like they did Horus, then why weren't they able to "take" their powers/blessings back like they did when Horus got rekt? Oh right it's because they wanted to fail and continue this fight for another 10 odd thousand years..instead of killing the Emperor once which would gift them the galaxy for eternity...

Tbh the idea that the Emperor is really Khorne has fewer holes than muh Chaos just as planned arse gravy.

Where the fuck did you even dig up that dark emperor thing?

Remember t the Cabal thing? If Horus wins, then Chaos loses. It was simply not the time for Chaos to win. The walls of reality needs to be weakened just a bit so they won't be under the mercy of a emotional lunatic.

And by the way, when Horus entered the Gateway to the Gods guess whose voice echoed out of it. It was the voice of future Abaddon. "Horus was weak. Horus was a fool".. While Horus walked on the Obsidian Road, the Chaos Gods were laughing and mocking him.

Then there is what loyal and old Gyre said in Talon of Horus. In the Warp, Horus is named the Sacrificed King. He died as he was fated to die. The Pantheon do not want him to return. They want him to remain dead because this is the Age of Mortals and daemons. False Gods like the Primarchs have no place in it.