Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Painted Double Dildarian Edition
Binary Succession Sub-Edition
Opening Day is today right?
>HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
discord.gg/wYS2J6b
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forgot the old thread

I like my Thousand Sons - raw with butter.

Agreed.

'course, with all the other primarchs going up like twelve size categories, we can't have magnus lagging behind.

Just noticed the Contemptor on the base.

What is this? A pict capture for grots?

Bearsor meme needs to DIEEEE

All memes must die. Some must die faster than others.

>bird skulls & beaks on chestplate
>bird skulls & beaks on thigh plates
>bird skulls & beaks on shin guards
>bird skull design on shoulder guard
We get it already, he's a servant of tzeentch. Holy shit.

Does that make the Imperium Tzeentch for putting birds in their iconography all over the place?

He's supposed to be a dual kit with a Tzeetch big bird daemon.

I guess I can wait a few more months with putting my Space Wolves Terminators together.

What's wrong with the Bearversor?

Not him, but I'm not sure it was ever funny because I missed the thread it was invented in.

I just don't see how it's horus heresy relevant.

Is that a Wraithknight in the foreground?

How fucking big is that guy...?

It's on the shelf below. Hopefully this will give a slightly better perspective.

Thank you. I nearly shat a brick.

The smaller one is for Epic right?

I hope not. I would hate for the Changer of Ways to have that many gains.

There's a bigger difference in scale than that.

Are Imperial Cults still allowed in the current 30k setup? I made a bitchin Imperial Cults army with a buncha mutant rat men that all have fearless and rending, and ogryns with assault AP3 heavy bolters. I wana use it, but I dont know if its still legal. Have they updated/replaced the book that Imperial Cults comes from?

Ever seen the old LoC model? The muscled LoC? Tzeentch has gains.

Nah, it's apparently a test model to try out colour schemes or something.

sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
It's right there, in the OP.
Read it next time.

I just prefer them to be more gaunt.

Cool, just making sure that it was still around. Seen any cool IC lists lately? I run two, one with my rending-fearless "rat men of the computer planet" and another thats nothing but low rent power armor supporting lemens.

>Seen any cool IC lists lately?
Nope, would love to see yours though.

This. If all four greater daemons end up with mad warp gains it'll look shit. Each having a distinctive shape is more interesting.
>Bloodthirster: stacked as fuck, just a beefcake
>KOS: muscular, but graceful/sinuous. More male ballet dancer than Veeky Forums.
>LOC: lean and gangly
>GUO: waddling fat fuck

Its the only thing that makes 30k IMO.

Everybody is playing deep-meta power armor, then you bust down to door and go "YEEEEEEAH, RAT MEN OF THE COMPUTER PLANET!" and they have to fight a pitched battle against ~200 models at 1000pts running interference for a massive powerbase with 3 wound T5 models with heavy bolters of DOOM and shields for a 4++. Its a hoot. It actually feels like fun, rather than doing the bullshit dance of deathstars, powerunits, and formations. Its literally the only way I can play anything GW related.

>tfw you will never play a game of 100 bolter marines behind a wall desperately trying to hold off 500 rat dudes.

Well, if you live in NC, we can set it up. Whats really fun about it is that I win about as often as I lose, but since my army has +6 armor and rending, we both just keep fighting right up until the end. The bitter fucking end.

What legion is your usual opponent?

BEHOLD

Almost good enough.

it's a contemptor

All sorts. I have great fun playing against a WE dude, and I also frequently play against...hm. Fists, Ultras, and Ravens...I think. They all kinda look the same to me anymore! Ill freely admit that Ultras give me the most trouble. Never really thought about why, but they do.

You keep saying "RAT MEN OF THE COMPUTER PLANET" and it makes me wanna see yo models.

Doesn't look it.

Ive actually got them all packed up for the winter, let me see if I can find some old pics. I basically used Ork models, but put Skaven plague monk heads on them and some mutant arms. I know it sounds dumb, but it makes a really nice "mutant thing that just wants to die" look. Hold on.

Meant to link to But more Custode Termies.

Look athe knee joint. Also that thing is huge.

Ill dump a few. I had these guys out for some test painting on some new clan markings. You get the idea. I also have smaller guys for the ones that are only S4, they're basically just skaven with pistols and a few mutant arms thrown on here and there. Mixing Skaven and DE parts actually makes some fairly quick space skaven as long as you dont go overboard.

>He doesn't have a White Scars army full of micemen

Nice Custodes Dreadnought.

Here's a brood leader, his stats are literally the same, but I THINK he gets +1 strength or something. Actually, now that I think of it, he may just be there to tie up heroes in a challenge.

Well I'll be darned it is a Custodenought.
>that thing is huge
Custodes are larger than marines and thus require bigger noughts to hold their bodies.

It's a contemptor, you're retarded. DO you not see all the completely characteristic points of anatomy?

Like, I realize autistics usually have facial recognition problems, but this is ridiculous.

I think this may be the last one I have banging around. The rest are locked in a trunk for the winter.

I didn't see the knee joint until now, user. Is that hard to believe?

...YES, actually.

I didn't see it at a first glance either.

I've been sick all week and my vision is still a little blurry, user.

These are pretty awesome, how many are painted?

Just, the way you talk about 30k/40k being a shitshow and this is the only way you can stand to play it... would kind of come off as an asshole sort of attitude if you're forcing people to play against hordes and hordes of unpainted models.

Ive got 200 of them painted, I do have a few things unpainted but I play most of that shit on boards in people's homes.

Suns-out Guns-out dude. Gotta bring your best painted models. I really, honestly would get you some better looking stuff, but its all in a trunk being used as a foot for a 100 gallon terrarium right now.

>Reposting because noreplies

How good are Vorax at killing off terminator deathstars? I'm considering getting a praevian+6 Vorax for the jump from 2k to 2.5k. Most people are beginning to get primarchs and putting them with their termies in their preferred delivery method, which is generally bad news for my cover-hugging IH gunline. When looking through counter-assault units, i read about the vorax and loved the idea of bigass freaky predator bug-bots coming to fuck you up. I would prefer not to buy my own primarch, as Ferrus's death is kind of a downer on my desire to use him, and i really, really want to get one of the Legion superheavies eventually instead.

Just paint Ferrus as all ethereally like and say all of the head jokes and the Emperor's love allowed Ferrus's spirit to come back to get vengance.

Well, i could have ferrus and get into primarch deathmatches all i want, or i could take vorax/castellax/whatever and also take a goddamn glaive, which is way cooler than that headless failure of a primarch anyway

Consider the following: a ghost Primarch beating things to death with his own ghost head or robots. The glaive is nice though.

okay, the though of Ferrus haunting his brothers while ineptly trying to hide his identity by wearing ghostly plate armour is hilarious, especailly if he fucks it up by losing his temper and beating things to death with his helmet-equipped head
Still not as cool as the Glaive

>okay, the though of Ferrus haunting his brothers while ineptly trying to hide his identity by wearing ghostly plate armour is hilarious, especailly if he fucks it up by losing his temper and beating things to death with his helmet-equipped head
We need some art of that. Drawfags, you in here?
>Glaive
You might just want to get the glaive at this point. I can't convince you not to get it.

I want to convert the Chaplain from BaC into a librarian for my 1ksons...
On a scale from zero to heresy how bad would it be if I give him the head of a 40k rubric marine?

Also, force sword, axe or staff? I was thinking about a persian style sword, like the wfb tomb kings had.

The glaive is already decided on as my christmas present for myself. I'm asking if anyones got experience using Vorax praevians as a counter-assault unit, since i'm absurdly vulnerable to termie deathstars

>I was thinking of [most aesthetic option]
Yes. That one.

Are there seminars and shit today?

What if it's a Custodes beep boop?

I have literally no idea what's good in this game. I've never even played 40k. Can someone help me figure out how the hell to make a fluffy Imperial Fists list?

Not if they've been ripped apart properly.

Well you're a WE and you need Nails to help you rip and tear.

I don't quite remember why we were talking about weaponized animals, but bears are scary. And Scoria claimed the patent for it long ago. And in the future in 40k he hungers for Tau blood.
Is that a Contemptor and his giant sword has twin Heavy Flamers on the hilt? How cute, he wants to emulate Emprah's Burning Blade

To further home that the Bearversor is a Prizzly bear in space. He only likes being called a Grolar Bear if it's Scoria or his mother calling him that.

The Cerberus Insurrection and the harvest of skulls came about before Angron.
Besides, I'm not a WE. I'm one of many.

I was asleep, user.
>How good are Vorax at killing off terminator deathstars?
Darn fucking good. Do the math as any good cogboi should.
For 390pts, aka a bit more than the Spartan, you get Eighteen Fearless T6 wounds with 24 attacks that wound marines on a 2+ and ignore armour at I4 (I5 for Cybernetica), aka 5 dead Cataphractii before any power fist swings. That's not taking the opening salvo previous to the charge. And they have Scout and Fleet to reduce their need for transportation.
Now take the costs into account:
10 PFist termies (400pts) + Flare-Shielded Armoured-Ceramite Dozer bladed Spartan (375pts) = 755pts
You can bring about 12 Vorax for that price, which would both kill a Primarch's terminator retinue (1W) and tarpit him with Fearless wounds. Idk you tell me.

I'm not understanding that description.

Thats what i was thinking, i was going to put a cheap Praevian in with them and let them deal with nasty, nasty things coming at me. I'm kinda wary of their 4+, which gives every heavy bolter, autocannon and heavy flamer a reason to exist.

Is it worth it to give the Vorax poisoned ammo for the chance to chip off wounds from solo primarchs theres one guy who runs corvus fucking corax solo, if i can manage to kill him with rotor cannons i'd die of laughter

Combined with the Praevian's PE, I guess. Their rotor guns pretty much are non-existent until poison rounds are bought. And a single model with the Scout rule lets the entire unit outflank, reducing the time of exposure to enemy dakka.

I'm planning on using it as a counter-assault unit for when people drop a Kharybdis full of termies/spartans full of Perturabo in my lines and such, so scouting/outflanking isnt a major dealio for me.

Aaa. You said you're IH, right? Legion inductees wil increase your niggas' T by one. Castellax will be T8 W4 3+/5++.
And they can let loose up to 5 S6 AP2 attacks on the charge too (more than Vorax actually) without giving up their shooting (Mauler cannon included, can be swapped for a Multimelta for free).
They cost more, but they'd be able to tank missile launchers using sheer toughness alone, meaning an enemy marine with a MLauncher averages to 0.22 wounds to them. I mean you seemed concerned about endurance and stuff.

True, i just love the whole bug-predator thing the Vorax have going, but the Castellax are probably better. The frag nades and poison rotor cannons make them 80 PPM, while being much more fragile simply due to worse armour and no invuln. I'll think on it for a while before making purchases, both models are great which makes it hard.

If youre using the with a Praevian, you could use his frag grenades instead. Just refuse challenges, that's what the Fearless PE Vorax monsters are there for.

Another marine for my Bitter People! As always, base needs to fty then wash and varnish so don't worry about that.

How is the rust effect attempted on the base metal? I feel like the typhus Corrosion wasn't thick enough.

He was meant to be facing the other way, but the only way he could do so and not be off center was tp make him hide his kneed pad behind the wall, and I'm too proud of the stripes to hide them behind a wall!
Number 7 here, 3 more and I'll have my first squad done!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought intiative penalites from lacking grenades is model-by-model, not a unit-wide thing.

And here's a picture of said wall.

>Standing in front of the wall
But why.

My first plan was to make him look sort of like he was going over or defending it, but as I said, it woild hide his markings and fuck that. I'm not exactly happy with the overall look of the wall either, too rickety, so i still have plenty of progress to do. Kinda bummed to not have thought of adding stuff onto the bases of the others though, they look a bit empty in comparison.

If you're so proud of the stripes then why didn't you include them in the picture?

I know I should have, but I'm more concerned about the wall and the rust effect at the moment.

Oh, I think you're right it's per model.
He looks perturbed, user. What did you do to him?

He looked at his unfinished base.

He looks more like he's swishing his head over his shoulder like in a hair-care advert to me.
>L'egionnaire - because you're worth it.

Someone put a Thor-tier mane on the poor fucker.

I'm finally settled on a legion.
However, regarding the paint scheme; I'm not fond of any schemes done with paintbrush I've seen so far, nor do I enjoy spending hours on single models. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy painting by itself.
So, should I invest in an airbrush? It seems it speeds up the painting process significantly and it allows to get the exact shades without too much trouble or time spent.

To add up, the legion of choice it XX, just in case questions about the paint scheme issues arise.

Shit I just realised I forgot a highlight in his eyes with that picture.
Oh well, I'll get back to it later, I've cleaned my desk already.

Yes. An airbrush is definitely a useful tool for 30k, even more so with AL.

Would it be better to run in a drop comtemptor with two ddcw melta guns or grav guns?

Maybe grav guns, so it can pin stuff in place so it can either assault them or run away easier?

Thanks, I'm on the fence purely on the financial basis as the current state is not so good, but that's another thing.
I'll do my own research further on, but if anyone knows of paints other than Vallejo, Tamiya and FW airbrush line, I'd be grateful.