U

S

T

O

D

E

S

not pointy enough

As cool as it is, why the fuck would they need Dreads? Wouldn't they be inferior to the actual Custodes in every way?

Cam here to post this

Because sometimes normal cybernetics won't do the trick so you just put the scraps of the custodes on a dreadnought and call it a day.

They'd be more durable Custodes. And able to mount heavier weaponry. They're less agile, but they can claw through battlements and armored vehicles with reckless abandon.

I'm wondering if their Codex is going to include some fluff blurbs that get them outside the Imperial Palace once and awhile? Fluff straight states that they maintain a standing vigil of 300 Custodes at the Imperial Palace, but does that indicate that this is their total number, and are there a few squads who venture out into the Imperium proper, protecting the High Lords while they move around or getting up to Great Crusade-type shit in 40k so no one else has to deal with it?

This would not be the first time they've rewritten fluff to better fit the product. The Skitarii Codex, while awesome, did step on a bit of the established canon for Skitarii (which was mostly just obscure references, to be fair) when it collapsed the waveform of Skitarii Codex potential. The Tau Empire 6e book just up and trampled the established canon that the Tau were pragmatic and saw big walkers as a waste of resources, preferring to use aircraft for superheavies. Now the Tau have big fuck-off battlesuits that are on-par with Titans and mount weaponry of a similar caliber.

Yeah, but half of what makes Custodes good is their kickass gene therapy and bioware.
Wouldn't a Dread just be a waste of all that?

Maybe the guy got blasted limb from limb in the Great Crusade? You've still got a warrior with a sharp mind, quick reflexes, unflinching loyalty to the God Emperor of Mankind, and however many thousands of years of combat experience. The resource isn't just genes and bioware, it's also the warrior's brain. It's why they keep Bjorn around even though his body is fucked up and failed; he's got thousands of years of experience and enough common sense to sit the Space Wolves down with whoever in the Imperium they pissed off this time in order to get to stop fighting.

Plus, can they make new Custodes? If they can't, they're a finite fucking resource that they can't afford to just throw out when they get broken. You bet their sweet ass they'd try and make it last as long as they can, and if an armored coffin with robot claws is the tech they have that can do that, then that's what they're gonna do.

Some Iron Hands are 95% cybernetics, I don't see why you couldn't make a full-body prosthetic and put it inside a Custodes armor.

A dreadnought essentially is a full body prosthetic.

Why limit yourself too only human sized and human scale weapons? Custodes need heavy weaponry support so why not make huge custodes with huge guns (and swords)

Is that a power bolter sword?

Power twin-linked heavy flamer sword.

I wasn't even particularly hyped about Custodes but when I saw this I was like "UOOHHHHHH"

Or maybe I just got caught up by OP's hype. This is way cooler than regular Custodes though. Maybe I'm just a marinefag. It looks like a Tartaros Contemptor.

>counts as Dreadknight

lol at the people who spent tons of time and effort to make a fully enclosed DK or a sword and board Contemptor

I don't regret the time and effort I spent making a sword-and-board Contemptor, but I'll be getting one of these, anyway, because it's much better.

different logistics?
And you already got titans providing heavy support in the Imperial Palace.

Sure, but what if you want heavy support but don't want to level an entire city block?

Use man protable-heavy weapons? Vehicles and Skimmers such as Land Speeders? The fixed defenses of the Palace? Weapon Servitors? The other forces present on the planet such as the Imperial Firsts or the Imperial Guard? Stop being such a pussy and level the damn block, they'll be martyrs anyways, it's no big deal?

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

Is this a Jojo reference?

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDEbsZpweDo

How do you know that's a dreadnough and not just oversized terminator power armor?

Post yfw it turns out to be a Custodes Beep Boop.